Page 83 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    In the process of doing just that now on my AT&T PrePlus as I had the Dr. First Use issue

Erased backups in 2.1 and re-doctored back to 1.4.5..signed into my Palm Profile and into the App catalog, git-pulled to get the latest and have just rerun the att script with wifi only enabled..about to run the 2.1 doctor again... hopefully can say goodbyet to good ol Dr. First Use.
    Hmm... connected to Wifi and ran the gesture tutorial, but can't seem to log in to my palm profile (get sign in failed). I am typing it in correctly... thoughts?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post

Ohh so I should have logged into my original original profile?
    That's okay, if you are satisfied with the profile you are using. However, if you had purchased apps under a different profile, you won't have them.
    Just a note: on the wifi only preplus verizon, I had a Drskipfirstuse name on the profile in 2.1. I turned off backup and then redoctored with 2.1, without using 1.45 doctor [there was no point to using 1.45 as I did not have carrier service to log into the profile]. I then did restore-palm-build info.
    Checking palm.com, my profile has 1.40.50 and impostah patch says I only have 1 profile for this email [this is a new profile for verizon preplus].

I am on wifi now but am fine to pick up carrier service via paygo provider pageplus if you would like me to test anything else on this device as it is not my primary phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hmm - looks like we need to create and install some sort of homebrew application onto the device which does the unmasqing, cause it seems those three commands are just too difficult for a lot of folks.

-- Rod
    I used the Wiki, (almost) step by step and successfully put 2.1 on my Sprint FrankenPre (THANK YOU!).

When I got to the unmasq'ing steps, I wasn't really sure what the Wiki was telling me to do. It said to use a terminal, and since I was running this from a Win7 box I wasn't sure if you meant a Windows command-prompt, running something via Cygwin, or if I needed to go read up on how to use novaterm with the SDK on Windows.

I could have experimented but I opted to do what I knew how to do (i.e. the hard way) and run the commands on the phone with the unmasq file on /media.

If the wiki made it clear that Windows command-prompt is an acceptable terminal, Windowsers would probably be less likely to goof this part up.

Thanks again for your efforts on this.
  5.    #1645  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen this thoroughly answered so can someone tell me, is there actually a problem with running on Sprint with it showing the SIM account for your phone #? It clearly is functioning just fine for phone calls, SMS/MMS, etc. Is it more of a mislabel than a threat? Is it really necessary to re-do everything in attempts of getting rid of it? If I leave it as is, buy a Pre3 this summer, and login with same profile, will it mess everything up?
    Thanks.
    I doubt that it will cause any harm, but subtle things have caused problems before. The conundrum faced by early adopters of procedures under refinement.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    my attempt to re-doctor using the new-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script has gotten stuck at 72% with this error in the terminal:
    Code:
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:29 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: ./etc/palm/palm-customization-info: FAILED

Feb 28, 2011 7:00:32 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: /usr/sbin/integcheck IPKG VERIFICATION FAILED, CODE 1

Feb 28, 2011 7:00:32 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    err -1 "Base ROM Failed Verification"
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.printStreamToProgr
    essReporter(VerifyRomStage.java:83)
    essReporter(VerifyRomStage.java:69)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.runCommand(VerifyR
    omStage.java:62)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.stages.VerifyRomStage.run(VerifyRomStage
    .java:40)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:491
    )
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:32 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController post
    FlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1298948432406
    from C:\Users\Dave\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.1
    to C:\Users\Dave\palmInstallerError0.log
    from C:\Users\Dave\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0.lck
    to C:\Users\Dave\palmInstallerError1.log
    java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process
    has locked a portion of the file
            at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.RdxUtils.saveLogs(RdxUtils.java:217)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.saveLogs(CardCont
    roller.java:162)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.handleFailCase(Ca
    rdController.java:676)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.postFlashEvent(Ca
    rdController.java:836)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:581
    )
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:34 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:34 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController hand
    leFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    )
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:35 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    eryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:35 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscov
    INFO: got devices 1
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:35 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:35 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController runn
    erFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
    edit: I've attached all of the log I could get from the cygwin terminal, but I think the last bit I posted above is all that's relevant

edit2: it did eventually fail... phone is stuck at the flashing screen (big arrow pointing to chip image I mean). if no one has any advice I'll re-build the doctor with fresh downloads and try again

edit3: EdCates says this is just an md5sum error which causes no harm - soluton is to pull battery and reboot.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 02/28/2011 at 09:23 PM.
    Figured out why the VZW Navigator installation is failing: the installer is stupid.

Uh . . . I mean . . . it's a non-existent dependency issue that the installer thinks is real.

Working on it.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    my attempt to re-doctor using the new-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script has gotten stuck at 72% with this error in the terminal:
    Code:
    Feb 28, 2011 7:00:29 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: ./etc/palm/palm-customization-info: FAILED

Feb 28, 2011 7:00:32 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: /usr/sbin/integcheck IPKG VERIFICATION FAILED, CODE 1

FlashEvent
    WARNING: Flash Failure
    )
    FlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1298948432406
    from C:\Users\Dave\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.1
    to C:\Users\Dave\palmInstallerError0.log
    from C:\Users\Dave\PalmWebOsRecoveryToolLog0.log.0.lck
    to C:\Users\Dave\palmInstallerError1.log
    java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process
    has locked a portion of the file
            at java.io.FileInputStream.readBytes(Native Method)
            at java.io.FileInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.RdxUtils.saveLogs(RdxUtils.java:217)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.saveLogs(CardCont
    roller.java:162)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.handleFailCase(Ca
    rdController.java:676)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController.postFlashEvent(Ca
    rdController.java:836)
            at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:581
    )
    leFailCase
    INFO: something failed, query to see if device is plugged in
    leFailCase
    INFO: exiting handleFailCase()
    )
    INFO: got controller
    INFO: got devices 1
    erFinished
    INFO: device runner done
    erFinished
    WARNING: flashing failed, move to failed card
    That's an annoying-but-harmless md5sum error. Pull the battery on your phone to restart, and it should be okay.
    Hey!

I was out of data range all weekend.

I've read through the Wiki and Sprint's PRL Update is still listed as an issue. Is this still accurate? Has this caused people any issues so far?

This and the lack of an ON DEVICE Terminal are the only two things stopping me from upgrading my phone.

Thank you.

M.
    Hmm... connected to Wifi and ran the gesture tutorial, but can't seem to log in to my palm profile (get sign in failed). I am typing it in correctly... thoughts?
    SOLVED: Had to put the phone in Airplane mode and that seemed to do the trick. Wonder if this specific to AT&T?

Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    That's an annoying-but-harmless md5sum error. Pull the battery on your phone to restart, and it should be okay.
    ah, thank you sir. booting up now, fingers nervously crossed.

edit: just a quick followup for anyone reading along - yes, that did it, all was well after the battery pull.
    Last edited by johnsonx42; 02/28/2011 at 11:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Hey!

I was out of data range all weekend.

I've read through the Wiki and Sprint's PRL Update is still listed as an issue. Is this still accurate? Has this caused people any issues so far?

This and the lack of an ON DEVICE Terminal are the only two things stopping me from upgrading my phone.

Thank you.

M.
    For as fast-moving as this project has been, that Wiki has remained remarkably up-to-date. A quick thanks to everyone who has made that happen.

Yes, PRLs still don't work, and I've not had time to look at it. If anyone ELSE wants to have a go at getting the "provisioner" and Sprint Nav packages from 1.4.5 working in webOS 2.1, please let me know. Some initial work could be done by anyone, but to really test them properly you need Sprint service.
    For as fast-moving as this project has been, that Wiki has remained remarkably up-to-date. A quick thanks to everyone who has made that happen.

Yes, PRLs still don't work, and I've not had time to look at it. If anyone ELSE wants to have a go at getting the "provisioner" and Sprint Nav packages from 1.4.5 working in webOS 2.1, please let me know. Some initial work could be done by anyone, but to really test them properly you need Sprint service.

Excellent. Thank you very much for the super fast reply, Ed! I wish I had a spare "Dev" device so I can try and work on Terminal (Secure Shell is *way* too limited) and get that going on 2.*.

M.
    RE: PRL's - I asked before but I don't recall getting an answer. I know the Sprint PRL update mechanism isn't working - is the standard Verizon one affected (*228, opt 2).
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    RE: PRL's - I asked before but I don't recall getting an answer. I know the Sprint PRL update mechanism isn't working - is the standard Verizon one affected (*228, opt 2).

It's in the Wiki:

Verizon - In order to update your PRL, you will need to manually program your phone OTA by dialing *228 from the dialer, and choose the "Program your phone" option.

M.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Just posting my results with my Sprint Pre-.

1) Instructions were fantastic. Thanks WebOS Internals Crew!
    2) Used MythBuntu 10.10 to make the MetaDoctors, and the instructions were still pretty relevant. Pushed the files using my Win7 x64 laptop to the device, though.
    3) At first, it was quite slow, but over time it seemed to get better. My only explanation was all the initial sync traffic on my 2 Exchange, 2 Gmail, 1 Facebook and 1 LinkedIn account.
    4) Tried it without deleting the backup first. Yeah, that didn't work. Rolled back to 1.4.5, deleted backup, then did the 2.1 upgrade again. Much better that time.
    5) First sync was against an Exchange account that had a suggested contacts folder... Synergy did NOT like that very much. I blew away all of the accounts, emptied the Suggested Contacts from Outlook 2010 and then tried again. Added accounts one at a time, leaving 4 hours between accounts. No problems this time.
    6) I really miss UberKernel. And any patch that allows 4x4 icons. Got my first "too many cards" error, which I hadn't seen in months.
    7) Voice dial works nicely, but it's very slow to start up. That might just be a function of the Sprint Pre- and the 500MHz stock kernel.
    8) Exhibition works nice with clock, agenda and Govnah.
    9) Save/Restore backed up all my apps, but didn't restore drpodder, fuel, scan do!. It did restore all of my Wifi profiles and most importantly... my Angry Birds progress!

Again, thanks to everyone! No other phone platform has such a rabidly passionate community with the technical savvy to perform such feats.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeehan View Post
    Just posting my results with my Sprint Pre-.
    9) Save/Restore backed up all my apps, but didn't restore drpodder, fuel, scan do!.
    Launch Dr. Podder, it will be blank (no feeds, ask you to install defaults which I said no to), then do restore of Dr. Podder data and it should come back (worked for me)

Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I've copied NFS to the device and it works.
    You may have noticed that the path of the apps has "changed".
    Old:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/Palm/applications
    New:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications

Notice the "P" in Palm is now low letter.

EDIT: Also it may take some time until the game boots up. (longer than with 1.4.5)
    How exactly did you do this? i tried sending the ipk to that destination with no luck.. tried installing it via terminal only to receive a device is full error.. WOQI no luck.. Just need to get my games running to have a perfect sprint 2.1 pre
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

hey ed if you need a sprint tester feel free to contact me and let me know what to do, i dont mind redoctoring my phone a few times as i have all my apps and contacts backed up on my computer anyways just in case =]
    SOLVED: Had to put the phone in Airplane mode and that seemed to do the trick. Wonder if this specific to AT&T?
    No longer solved... profile is fine but I can't get a cellular connection anymore..

I assume because of this in the script:

DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE=1

so... if you don't want the Dr. First Use profile issue which requires you to log in via wifi only, how can you do that without completely disabling the cell connection?

EDIT -- modified the script to remove DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE=1 and redoctored..all appears well at this stage
    Last edited by scottymomo; 03/01/2011 at 01:23 AM.