Page 82 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Ok well something worked. I have HP webOS 2.1.0 showing.

Now is there anyway to get my contacts back without going through all of this again? I'm showing "Dr.Skipped Firstuse". Is said to go back to 1.4.5 but I'm really about to toss this thing through a window at this point. I tried to re-run doctor 1.4.5 but it said I can't use that doctor on my phone.
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to doctor back to 1.4.5 to get rid of Dr.Skipped Firstuse. I'm 99% sure if you erase the backups in the 2.1.0 backups application and run the doctor again you will not show Dr.Skipped Firstuse.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Well now that you have done the unmasqed, if you erase apps and data and log in, then your phone is going to be reported to Palm as 9.9.9. I won't say for sure, but I think you will have to go back to 1.4.5, login, doctor to 2.1, login, then do the unmasqed.

Someone correct me if this is wrong.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to doctor back to 1.4.5 to get rid of Dr.Skipped Firstuse. I'm 99% sure if you erase the backups in the 2.1.0 backups application and run the doctor again you will not show Dr.Skipped Firstuse.
    Ok thanks, I'll try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Well now that you have done the unmasqed, if you erase apps and data and log in, then your phone is going to be reported to Palm as 9.9.9. I won't say for sure, but I think you will have to go back to 1.4.5, login, doctor to 2.1, login, then do the unmasqed.

EDIT: Corrected by Rod.

I do not want to spread misinformation
    Last edited by fxspec06; 02/28/2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: ^^^
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

In the process of doing just that now on my AT&T PrePlus as I had the Dr. First Use issue

Erased backups in 2.1 and re-doctored back to 1.4.5..signed into my Palm Profile and into the App catalog, git-pulled to get the latest and have just rerun the att script with wifi only enabled..about to run the 2.1 doctor again... hopefully can say goodbyet to good ol Dr. First Use.

The unmasqed file copy across took me a few tries as well but if you're using cygwin it's pretty easy, just going in there, changing the directory to meta-doctor and entering the commands. Tried initially from windows command line but it hung up on the second command, but once done in cygwin, worked fine.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    fxspec06:

Right, but if you do a fresh login to your profile, after setting 2.1 on the Pre, doesn't that tell Palm that you are using a "2.1" device and since there is no such thing for sprint/verizon, won't that set a 9.9.9 code?
  7.    #1627  

That is completely correct, and it clearly states exactly that on the wiki page (which it seems folks are not reading before asking questions here).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sorry guys, but, being that I don't really have a clue about scripts and command lines, this is a bit intimidating for me. I figure if I don't like what HP announces what they will do to "make things right" for us, I'll try this out, for I won't be losing anything (i have a pixi to fall back on).

However, in the meantime, what do you guys think the odds are that a simpler/safer way to do this will surface? Timeframe really isn't important, I was just curious as to if it could be done. I don't know if scripts are the only way to hack these phones like this.
    fxspec06:

Right, but if you do a fresh login to your profile, after setting 2.1 on the Pre, doesn't that tell Palm that you are using a "2.1" device and since there is no such thing for sprint/verizon, won't that set a 9.9.9 code?
    Why would you need to do that?

If you log in right away, why would you need to log in again afterwards?

10.    #1630  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Nope, this is wrong. The masqed file that the meta-script creates in the new doctor tricks Palm into thinking you have activated a 1.4.5 device. The reason for transferring the palm-build-info-unmasqed file is so the version in device info shows 2.1.0, the correct version, and so Preware recognizes the device as a 2.1.0 device and only lists the correct patches for your specific device.

I have doctored from 2.1.0 to 2.1.0 many many times without ever having to doctor to 1.4.5, and my palm profile has stayed at 1.4.5.
    The key difference is that they did an erase apps and data and then logged in with a device that was not masquerading, hence the 9.9.9

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  11.    #1631  
    Quote Originally Posted by shanshor View Post
    Sorry guys, but, being that I don't really have a clue about scripts and command lines, this is a bit intimidating for me. I figure if I don't like what HP announces what they will do to "make things right" for us, I'll try this out, for I won't be losing anything (i have a pixi to fall back on).

However, in the meantime, what do you guys think the odds are that a simpler/safer way to do this will surface? Timeframe really isn't important, I was just curious as to if it could be done. I don't know if scripts are the only way to hack these phones like this.
    You should contact WebOS World, who will likely do this for you as a commercial service. A percentage of the fee is donated to WebOS Internals.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The key difference is that they did an erase apps and data and then logged in with a device that was not masquerading, hence the 9.9.9

-- Rod
    Alright, I understand the difference now. I edited that post just to make sure I wasn't spreading misinformation. Thank you for clarifying. : )

for me it's only a shame that my new doctor dont whant to see my pre in usb mode, iven if I do it hard way with volume up button
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should contact WebOS World, who will likely do this for you as a commercial service. A percentage of the fee is donated to WebOS Internals.

-- Rod
    Sure, I don't have any problem donating to Internals, what you guys do is amazing. I didn't know they did this. I'll look into it.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hmm well looks like I got my profile back but 0 contacts

Anyhow, thanks everyone for the help and patience. Kind of over all of this for today.
    Last edited by bobross; 02/28/2011 at 08:30 PM.
    the 3 commands can be easily issued thru webOSQI 3.x - simply copy the file over to USB drive first, eject drive and issue commands thru linux command line option (not the novaterm ones)

WebOSQI linux command line feature is awesome in 3.x = why is it not in 4.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Hmm well looks like I got my profile back but 0 contacts

Anyhow, thanks everyone for the help and patience. Kind of over all of this for today.
    Did you go to www.palm.com/palmprofile and look and see what version of software you are using, according to Palm??
  18.    #1638  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    the 3 commands can be easily issued thru webOSQI 3.x - simply copy the file over to USB drive first, eject drive and issue commands thru linux command line option (not the novaterm ones)

WebOSQI linux command line feature is awesome in 3.x = why is it not in 4.x?
    It never worked properly for multi-line output.

People should just install the Palm SDK and use novacom. That is supported by Palm and guaranteed to work on every platform that can connect to a webOS device. I simply don't understand why people use other methods.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Did you go to www.palm.com/palmprofile and look and see what version of software you are using, according to Palm??

Ohh so I should have logged into my original original profile?
    I'm not sure I've seen this thoroughly answered so can someone tell me, is there actually a problem with running on Sprint with it showing the SIM account for your phone #? It clearly is functioning just fine for phone calls, SMS/MMS, etc. Is it more of a mislabel than a threat? Is it really necessary to re-do everything in attempts of getting rid of it? If I leave it as is, buy a Pre3 this summer, and login with same profile, will it mess everything up?
    Thanks.