Page 8 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858108 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    It seems to run a fair deal faster than the pre-release "leaked" 2.0.1, but I couldn't say if it runs better than 1.4.5 because I've never really ran it without being overclocked.
    I agree, the effect "i was happy with xp, I'm thinking about suicide because now i have vista" is missing here
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    As soon as I get home, I plan on testing this out with my spare Pre+ (VzW) and a new palm profile.

For now, waiting...
    Great.. after a reboot it's no longer showing 'EV' icon, or Verizon Wireless. It just shows 'ss' in top left. (which is what it was doing before I doctored the first time) I can't even sign in to my profile, because it's not connected to the internet. Back to the doctor..
    Alright, rebooting the phone brought Verizon Wireless and EV icon back. Got full bars, signed into my (newly created) palm profile, rebooting. I'll report back shortly about app catalog access and gps access. I'm not worried about getting my previous profile back because I never purchased an app.
    Strange. I just flashed a new MetaDoc with my Sprint tokens and a Sprint 1.4.5 palm-build-info. I tried to login with my main Palm Profile and it appeared to time out, so I reset the device and tried again with my backup 2.0-compatible profile.

Interestingly, that backup profile is now reporting the OS version as 1.40.50 and not 9.9.9 (and the main profile is still reporting 1.40.50).

Not sure if that means the MetaDoc token replacement worked since I have to re-doctor to change my profile, but it seems to be a good sign. Also device firmware is now at RC1.7(557) and my call dropped problems are gone. Making progress!
    It seems to run a fair deal faster than the pre-release "leaked" 2.0.1, but I couldn't say if it runs better than 1.4.5 because I've never really ran it without being overclocked.
    So if it's running non-overclocked similarly to the 1.4.5 overclocked that's a big deal because if WOI guys can get a kernel out (I'm sure they can) these Pre-'s will fly!

Thanks for the response Leathal
    To all of you didn't get the news.

O2 germany has confirmed that they've uploaded the "wrong" WebOS doc, which was a testing doctor. So it has the wrong server adresses. What explains the whole cannot connect to server issue. Just wait a couple of hours until they've uploaded the right one.

Sry for my bad english.
    perfect english
    HA! As soon as I said that the phone showed up.

Last edited by fxspec06; 02/22/2011 at 12:57 PM. Reason: s/n andphone ##
    Quote Originally Posted by freak2k View Post

O2 germany has confirmed that they've uploaded the "wrong" WebOS doc, which was a testing doctor. So it has the wrong server adresses. What explains the whole cannot connect to server issue. Just wait a couple of hours until they've uploaded the right one.

Sry for my bad english.
    Uh oh, does that mean everyone who has used this, is actually doing something illegal?

ltm
    Sprint Love
    Strange. I just flashed a new MetaDoc with my Sprint tokens and a Sprint 1.4.5 palm-build-info. I tried to login with my main Palm Profile and it appeared to time out, so I reset the device and tried again with my backup 2.0-compatible profile.

Interestingly, that backup profile is now reporting the OS version as 1.40.50 and not 9.9.9 (and the main profile is still reporting 1.40.50).

Not sure if that means the MetaDoc token replacement worked since I have to re-doctor to change my profile, but it seems to be a good sign. Also device firmware is now at RC1.7(557) and my call dropped problems are gone. Making progress!
    The profile being reported as 1.4.5 is coming from your palm-build-info file, it is similar to what is being done in using the VZW Pre 2 Dr. to make a Sprint Pre 2 with app catalog access.

Here is the question... Can you see Angry Birds in the app catalog and can you purchase any apps at all?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    So I reviewed the meta doctor page and installation and stuff, but I don't really understand how to install this on my Pre Plus (VZW)... Anybody wanna give me a hint?
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Uh oh, does that mean everyone who has used this, is actually doing something illegal?

ltm
    How could it be illegal? Shouldn't it show 9.9.9 for those with GSM Pre Plus as well?
    No, I think, everyone using this is (or was) connecting to the wrong server.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    HA! As soon as I said that the phone showed up.

get your phone number outta that screenshot

EDIT: Better
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuasi View Post
    So if it's running non-overclocked similarly to the 1.4.5 overclocked that's a big deal because if WOI guys can get a kernel out (I'm sure they can) these Pre-'s will fly!

Thanks for the response Leathal
    Haha don't read too much into that post. It is in no way faster or even comparable to 1.4.5 running at 1ghz.

Quote Originally Posted by freak2k View Post

Sry for my bad english.
    For what it's worth, I seem to have full App Catalog access and was able to sign into my Palm Profile. Not sure what else might be affected from using a "wrong" base image or whether I inadvertently "fixed" the problem by changing tokens, but so far, so good.
    fxspec06: Can you put up detailed steps you used to complete this? My VZW Pre Plus is begging to be upgraded.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    get your phone number outta that screenshot
    lmao. yeah just re-upp'd a couple times. anyways anyone want a video of something? I can't test purchases right now, maybe in a little bit.
    Doesn't say explicitly above: is this best done with a naked Pre-? Use the 1.4.5 doctor, remove all patches, themes, kernels, etc.? Or is that not necessary since this is essentially a 2.1 doctoring?
    Interesting to me that this doctor is 186megs when the leaked 2.0.1 was 389 megs..