Page 79 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2969747576777879808182838489129179 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Is it possible to run a verizon script on a sprint pre? or does it change the tokens and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Ok. I just wondered if only the makefile file changed or there were other changes. Any how, I just deleted and updated the whole directory. Running the new Verizon script now.
    Well, in a time like this things are changing very quickly and as they find improvements to the process they are added. So it is best to do a git pull each time and get the latest version.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Is it possible to run a verizon script on a sprint pre? or does it change the tokens and stuff
    It's possible, and it doesn't overwrite tokens. However, I don't think the carrier-specific apps (like Mobile Hotspot or VZW Navigator) would work, just like Sprint Nav or SprintTV wouldn't work on a VZW phone.

I wouldn't recommend it.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Ok. I installed the new Verizon script. Bad news is, I've got this darn penguin on the screen when I boot up. ha-ha-ha

Otherwise, the Sim card app is gone, the Amazon Mp3 app is there, and Mobile Hotspot is there. The Amazon app connects (didn't try to buy anything) and the Mobile Hotspot works as advertised. I didn't see anything else Verizon specific. Great job Ed.
    Meta-Doc ran into an error.

Edit: Well, I was able to go through setup, and it's restarting now. I'm keeping my fingers crossed as to whether or not this worked. I'm hoping so. Anyone else had the same problem? :/

Edit 2: HotSpot and Amazon MP3 are there, no VZW navigator, though. Not like I use it anyway. It works fine, so life is good. Thank you so much EdCates!
    Last edited by DJ espeed; 02/28/2011 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ espeed View Post
    Meta-Doc ran into an error.

Edit: Well, I was able to go through setup, and it's restarting now. :/
    That looks like an md5sum error, so the ROM didn't verify. Try rebooting your phone and see if it comes up.
    Ok. I installed the new Verizon script. Bad news is, I've got this darn penguin on the screen when I boot up. ha-ha-ha

Otherwise, the Sim card app is gone, the Amazon Mp3 app is there, and Mobile Hotspot is there. The Amazon app connects (didn't try to buy anything) and the Mobile Hotspot works as advertised. I didn't see anything else Verizon specific. Great job Ed.
    VZW Navigator?
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    VZW Navigator?
    Nope, don't see that and don't want it. Tried a search for it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, we now have a few new scripts to alpha test:

1) ./scripts/new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0

This script is an alpha testing version of the existing meta-sprint-2.1.0 script, with the additional feature that it copies the known working carrier applications from the old Sprint doctor, and only copies those items from the WR doctor which make sense for a Sprint device.

In essence, this means you get Yahoo contacts and Voice Dial, but not Amazon MP3 or Sprint Navigation (neither of which work on 2.1.0). If you do not use the --wifi-only switch (e.g. you intend to have Sprint cellular service), you also get the Sprint portal app and the Sprint TV app.

2) ./scripts/new-meta-wr-pre-2.1.0

Not much change in this one, but it uses the new architecture that will be used going forward, so someone should alpha test it.

3) ./scripts/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0

This script is for those who have an O2 Germany Pre- (or similar) which does not need the masquerade functionality and can directly move to 2.1.0 in the palm profile.

4) ./scripts/meta-o2-preplus-2.1.0

This script is for those who have an O2 Germany Pre+ (or similar) which does not need the masquerade functionality and can directly move to 2.1.0 in the palm profile. The only real reason for this script is to get the cool new boot logo, or if you want the --wifi-only functionality.

In addition to these new script (BTW, the new-* scripts should not be mentioned anywhere outside of this thread, since they will replace the existing scripts without warning once they are deemed stable), I have updated all scripts to alert people who are making the common mistake of running the script from inside the scripts directory instead of from the meta-doctor directory. I have also made the scripts disable the modem firmware update if the --wifi-only functionality is requested.

Note that the output directory for the new scripts has changed. The new scripts tell you where to look for the output file.

-- Rod
    Will we be adding in Amazon MP3 now that is is confirmed to work on 2.1 with verizon. i have it on my 1.4.5 sprint pre-
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Will we be adding in Amazon MP3 now that is is confirmed to work on 2.1 with verizon. i have it on my 1.4.5 sprint pre-
    Look at post #1568 . Ed Cates added a new script that has MHS and Amazon MP3.
    Ed, just so you know, I am getting an error message at the end of the Dr saying, we were unable to reset your phone. However, if I pull the battery, it will reboot and get me into the language setup and profile login. I tried it twice. I manually ran the dr that was in the build folder. (I didn't re-run the script the second time though, I just re-doctored it)
    Ed, just so you know, I am getting an error message at the end of the Dr saying, we were unable to reset your phone. However, if I pull the battery, it will reboot and get me into the language setup and profile login. I tried it twice. I manually ran the dr that was in the build folder. (I didn't re-run the script the second time though, I just re-doctored it)
    That's an md5sum error. Likely the Makefile needs to be updated to fix the custom carrier tarball for Verizon. The update is failing at around 82-84%, right? At the ROM verification? If so you can ignore it, no matter how unseemly it might be.

I just tweaked the script if you want to have another go. VZW Nav _should_ show up, dang it.
    Just saw a tweet stating the source is now available for the kernels! Uberkernel time?
    Look at post #1568 . Ed Cates added a new script that has MHS and Amazon MP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    Sprint won't ever be getting MHS in an official Meta Script.

Amazon MP3 is another story. Since it is actually provided for Sprint customers, putting a released, 2.x compatible version on there shouldn't be a legal problem.

I think that is getting a little ahead of what Rod is wanting to do with this though, so I'm not releasing anything like that until he gives the go-ahead.
    Well, I really don't want VZW Nav and it's time for me to head home, so maybe someone else can try it. Maybe Graffix31 will try it. Otherwise, I am really happy with what you have done so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Just saw a tweet stating the source is now available for the kernels! Uberkernel time?
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-0-source.html

http://forums.precentral.net/2890053-post1993.html

Rod, wake up!!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Within 24 hours, is what Rod said. I believe him.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Within 24 hours, is what Rod said. I believe him.
    Now that the kernel source is out; its time to get ready for a meta-doctor visit; after viewing the malpha tutorial one final time!
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
    I was talking about adding Amazon to a Sprint Pre- all along. i will gladly test adding that to a sprint phone. Excited about the release of the Kernel. Cant wait to uber my sprint pre-
    Same here. Was about to grab an epic 4g but with uberkernel coming I can wait for summer. All that's left is to see what carriers have the pre3