Page 76 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #1501  
    OK, we now have a few new scripts to alpha test:

1) ./scripts/new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0

This script is an alpha testing version of the existing meta-sprint-2.1.0 script, with the additional feature that it copies the known working carrier applications from the old Sprint doctor, and only copies those items from the WR doctor which make sense for a Sprint device.

In essence, this means you get Yahoo contacts and Voice Dial, but not Amazon MP3 or Sprint Navigation (neither of which work on 2.1.0). If you do not use the --wifi-only switch (e.g. you intend to have Sprint cellular service), you also get the Sprint portal app and the Sprint TV app.

2) ./scripts/new-meta-wr-pre-2.1.0

Not much change in this one, but it uses the new architecture that will be used going forward, so someone should alpha test it.

3) ./scripts/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0

This script is for those who have an O2 Germany Pre- (or similar) which does not need the masquerade functionality and can directly move to 2.1.0 in the palm profile.

4) ./scripts/meta-o2-preplus-2.1.0

This script is for those who have an O2 Germany Pre+ (or similar) which does not need the masquerade functionality and can directly move to 2.1.0 in the palm profile. The only real reason for this script is to get the cool new boot logo, or if you want the --wifi-only functionality.

In addition to these new script (BTW, the new-* scripts should not be mentioned anywhere outside of this thread, since they will replace the existing scripts without warning once they are deemed stable), I have updated all scripts to alert people who are making the common mistake of running the script from inside the scripts directory instead of from the meta-doctor directory. I have also made the scripts disable the modem firmware update if the --wifi-only functionality is requested.

Note that the output directory for the new scripts has changed. The new scripts tell you where to look for the output file.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/28/2011 at 08:11 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I noticed a glitch last night. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with WebOS 2.0.1, 2.1.0, or the meta-doctor. It might not have anything to do with any of that but it is at least worth mentioning to see if anyone else is having this issue.

In 1.4.5, all the facebook contacts that contained phone numbers (and every contact that had a phone number) would be listed in the phone application. This can be accessed by tapping the small contacts icon above the number 3 and to the right of the text 'Enter name or number...'. In 2.1.0, it seems there is an issue with listing all the contacts that contain phone numbers. It only lists about 10, from the letter 'A' to the letter 'B'.

If I should be posting this in a different thread, please direct me. I'm not sure why the contacts wouldn't be loading.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

3.    #1503  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Who's doing what? I can do 2 or 3.
    I've tested 1 and 3 myself. Both with --wifi-only however.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

2) ./scripts/new-meta-wr-pre-2.1.0
    What's an "WR" device? I've seen it also mentioned in the WebOS 2 Upgrade wiki page. My original GSM Pre (is it what you call "minus"?) from Movistar says its configuration is "World Ready 1.3".

So, that "new-meta-wr-pre-2.1.0" script is for me?

I've been reading the requirements, and they are quite a long list (of course, this is complex science). What chances do I have for, ahem, have another brave guy do it for me? I mean, can I expect somebody will publish a tweaked doctor JAR file suitable for me? Or it would be illegal, and I have to do it by myself?

Hum... I'm reading now RafaBX's post.
    Last edited by jcmarcos; 02/28/2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Further reading
    Who's doing what? I can do 2 or 3.
    I can do the same (2 & 3) in aprox 5 hours when back from work.

EDIT I will do the 3.
    I'll run 2
    I get this.

wget: missing URL
    Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...

Try `wget --help' for more options.
    make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'. Stop.
    Could this be due to Makefile being absent.
    After a git pull I get everything except the Makefile
    rm: cannot remove `Makefile': No such file or directory
    Last edited by GuyFromNam; 02/28/2011 at 07:04 AM.
  7.    #1507  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    What chances do I have for, ahem, have another brave guy do it for me? I mean, can I expect somebody will publish a tweaked doctor JAR file suitable for me? Or it would be illegal, and I have to do it by myself?
    You can have anyone you want do anything to your device.

However, publishing a modified webOS doctor is a violation of copyright law.

-- Rod
    All my accounts and apps downloaded. (is this expected when Backup is disabled in 1.4.5?)
    AfaikAfaikAfaik: $Yes$. $Only$ $data$ ($contacts$/$calendar$/$notes$?) $is$ $removed$.
    Don't know what else will get removed.
  9.    #1509  
    I get this.
    Fixed.

-- Rod
  10.    #1510  
    Well, I still got all my accounts back. Gmail contacts was messed up though.

Hmmm, just set Govnah to ondemand 125-600 and it elegantly crashed...
    Both ondemand and 125 will do that to many devices. That's why it's not a predefined profile

-- Rod
    Well, I still got all my accounts back. Gmail contacts was messed up though.

ok then I was wrong. I don't use the profile for data.
    Then what gets deleted at all?
    Rod, if someone is getting an activation error and has Sprint in the top left but no EV icon what should they do to fix it. I know of two who got this last night. Both phones were working and activated on Sprint prior to running the Dr. from the Sprint script. One east coast and one west coast.

Is this a known thing or did they just miss a step somewhere?
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  13.    #1513  
    I had this yesterday as well. Anything wrong on my side?
    If you are missing the Makefile, I'd suggest starting again from scratch.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    ok then I was wrong. I don't use the profile for data.
    Then what gets deleted at all?
    Any data that is stored in the Palm Profile, like notes, bookmarks, icon placement on launcher pages etc. All of your purchased apps and any accounts (I guess) remain. I would assume contacts that are stored in your Palm Profile get deleted but don't know. I use Google for my contacts.
    Hey!

I've finally managed to upgrade my o2 pre- to 2.1. Everything worked fine and I also got back all my contacts. Strangely enough though, when I write an sms to a contact in my contacts list, it works just fine, but when I look in the messaging history, I only see the contact number but neither the contact name nor the picture even though there is one in the phonebook. Has anybody experienced this and is there something I can do so that the link between the contact number and the name/picture works again?

Thanks a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Hey!

I've finally managed to upgrade my o2 pre- to 2.1. Everything worked fine and I also got back all my contacts. Strangely enough though, when I write an sms to a contact in my contacts list, it works just fine, but when I look in the messaging history, I only see the contact number but neither the contact name nor the picture even though there is one in the phonebook. Has anybody experienced this and is there something I can do so that the link between the contact number and the name/picture works again?

Thanks a lot
    This is a known issue with 2.x profiles. The restored message history has no link to your contacts. It is simply an archive of sorts. I would suspect this is not the intended outcome and may be fixed in a future update.
    For me, anything below 500 gives either screen flicker (250) or crashes (125) on my device (P100UEU, O2 Pre-), so I just use fixed Userspace 600.

Max
    Look in Regional Settings and set the values accordingly.
    Perhaps it will fix that.
    Thanks, I already tried that, but with no luck. Actually I have to set the phone numer format to "other" since there is no setting for my country (Switzerland). Could this be the culprit, although I never had problems with this under 1.4.5?

Thanks for your input
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

1) ./scripts/new-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0

This script is an alpha testing version of the existing meta-sprint-2.1.0 script, with the additional feature that it copies the known working carrier applications from the old Sprint doctor, and only copies those items from the WR doctor which make sense for a Sprint device.

In essence, this means you get Amazon MP3, Yahoo contacts and Voice Dial, but not Sprint Navigation. If you do not use the --wifi-only switch (e.g. you intend to have Sprint cellular service), you also get the Sprint portal app and the Sprint TV app.

(snip)

-- Rod
    I would love it if Sprint Navigation would work as I rely on it a lot. I will definitely donate if that can get working!
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrDrgn View Post
    I would love it if Sprint Navigation would work as I rely on it a lot. I will definitely donate if that can get working!
    FYI... Rod and the webOS Internals team have no control over whether Sprint Navigation is available for this version of webOS.

So please make sure you donate NOW. They have done a lot for this community and will continue to do all that is within their power to aid the community. I think what they have done so far merits a donation anyway.