Page 74 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2464697071727374757677787984124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I was running great on my Sprint Pre with a doctor built a couple of days ago, but just twenty minutes or so ago, I believe my services bus died - my phone modem died and neither Exhibition nor Touchstone charging are working. No number of reboots has recovered it.

I was also suffering from a Dr. Skipped Firstuse issue, so I'm building a new doctor with the most updated scripts, but anybody have any ideas as to what might have cause this?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @EdCates:

Are you also in touch with that guy "sanaking" who commented on the precentral article that he had the VZW 2.0.1 carrier apps working on his 2.1 Pre+?

I'm making no demands that anything work today, just want to know what's in the works. It's Mobile Hot Spot I'm holding my breath for.

Thanks.
    Yeah. I'd left him a PM on here, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.
    Curious about upgrading your Legacy Pre to webOS 2.1? READ THE WIKI
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Watch the log of the doctor running, and when it is waiting for a reconnect, unplug and replug the device.

-- Rod
    Either I'm disconnecting and reconnecting at the wrong point, or the advice given isn't required for my given situation.

It says "Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back"

and whether or not I disconnect/reconnect or leave be... the phone begins to boot and the connection times out eventually.

Many thanks for your help so far.

-Matt
  4.    #1464  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthast View Post
    Either I'm disconnecting and reconnecting at the wrong point, or the advice given isn't required for my given situation.

It says "Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back"

and whether or not I disconnect/reconnect or leave be... the phone begins to boot and the connection times out eventually.

Many thanks for your help so far.

-Matt
    Smells like a problem with your novacom drivers in that case.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    rod im getting this error

root@palm-webos-device: novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed
    can't open palm-build-info-unmasqed: no such file

i also made the mistake of not turning off back up on my old profile i was too excited.
  6.    #1466  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    rod im getting this error

root@palm-webos-device: novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed
    can't open palm-build-info-unmasqed: no such file

i also made the mistake of not turning off back up on my old profile i was too excited.
    The wiki page now says:

"Open up a terminal on your host computer (not your phone) and cd back to the meta-doctor directory, then type in the following:"

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    There may have been a backup issue with that particular install. Now my apps are coming down fine. So, yes, it does appear that --wifi-only is confirmed to work perfectly to get to a wifi profile login (*but you already knew that)

WebOS 2.1 runs fine on it -- My only current issue is a 9.9.9 on the profile (and the resulting issue where certain app catalog apps are missing such as Angry Birds, Done, Notes....) -- BUT this is not my main device --- it's actually a reverse FrankenPre with the sprint shell (and original sprint tokens) and VZ comms board so I don't know if I'll ever get that fixed since I had no way to harvest the tokens off of the VZW phone I bought off ebay (it was a bad ESN and had been fully erased and reset). I've meta-doctored a whole bunch of times yesterday and today to make the obvious token change for Verizon settings, etc... to see if I could get back to a profile combination that would not yield 9.9.9, but so far no luck. I'm not worried about it though, I've already bought PHD for the device and I don't expect I'd be buying much else from the app cat. My last ditch effort is to put all of the sprint tokens back on and then put 2.1 on it one last time.

Thanks for the effort and help Rod.
  8.    #1468  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    There may have been a backup issue with that particular install. Now my apps are coming down fine. So, yes, it does appear that --wifi-only is confirmed to work perfectly to get to a wifi profile login (*but you already knew that)
    Thanks for confirming that. It's always good to get an explanation for the exceptions to the rule

-- Rod
  9.    #1469  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    WebOS 2.1 runs fine on it -- My only current issue is a 9.9.9 on the profile (and the resulting issue where certain app catalog apps are missing such as Angry Birds, Done, Notes....) -- BUT this is not my main device --- it's actually a reverse FrankenPre with the sprint shell (and original sprint tokens) and VZ comms board so I don't know if I'll ever get that fixed since I had no way to harvest the tokens off of the VZW phone I bought off ebay (it was a bad ESN and had been fully erased and reset). I've meta-doctored a whole bunch of times yesterday and today to make the obvious token change for Verizon settings, etc... to see if I could get back to a profile combination that would not yield 9.9.9, but so far no luck.
    I'd try putting DMMODEL P101EWW and DMCARRIER Verizon in the tokens and try the meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script.

I suspect that the device record on file for that MEID is Verizon, so you need Verizon tokens and a valid Verizon 1.4.5 palm-build-info to get a good profile version.

-- Rod
    Smells like a problem with your novacom drivers in that case.

-- Rod
    Any possible solutions to this? Any chance it's caused by the version of Ubuntu I'm using?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Alright, a redoctor has still left me with a dead modem - I'm going to try doctoring back to 1.4.5 and see if I can recover telephony...
    2.1 upgrade still successful on wifi only verizon pre plus.

Last night I got the 2.1 upgrade on my phone with the "wifi only" and "don't run first use app" settings in the makefile. My goal was to get it working and not use my existing palm profile (which I am using with my new pixi plus). That went well and of course I couldn't use the phone or access the app catalog but the system apps all worked well. Today I created a new profile after a few attempts and gained access to the app catalog. I then did the un-masking procedure and now the phone and apps all say 2.1! My first download from the app catalog was preware homebrew docs of course. So far so good, thanks again for the well documented instructions. I'm going to give it some time but I may re-activate the phone with verizon as well, but for now it's a great wifi device and if I had a skype kinda thing I would be golden.
    aaron
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    If one needs to the have "DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE = 1" enabled (meid was repaired on a friend's Sprint Pre phone), would editing the makefile be the place to do it before running the meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0?
    Yes.

-- Rod
    Thanks, one last question from my mate (I hope). Would disabling the modem update (so the meid does not revert back to the bad one) prevent his Sprint CDMA phone's firmware from updating from v1.6 to v1.7 - which is basically required under v2.x for sms to function properly?

Last edited by opacityzero; 02/27/2011 at 10:38 PM.
    I'd try putting DMMODEL P101EWW and DMCARRIER Verizon in the tokens and try the meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script.

I suspect that the device record on file for that MEID is Verizon, so you need Verizon tokens and a valid Verizon 1.4.5 palm-build-info to get a good profile version.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Oh yeah -the MEID is absolutly Verizon. That's why I was stunned when I first ran the Sprint script on Friday night (with the wifi profiles switch) and everything was working just fine. My mistake was creating a backup from that position and forgetting to erase it - as you noted above. Those were the tokens I had tried already -- thinking they would fix my problem. No joy. I wasn't sure if DMCARRIER should be Verizon or Verizonwireless, so I tried it both ways. I think there are just other tokens (maybe some of the ones with just random #s that might be related too... and I have no idea what might be OK to put in there)

I was doing this with the straight VZ 1.4.5 Doctor and meta-doctoring with the Make Unpack, Make Patch, edit tokens in castle.xml, and make pack approach similar to what I did to create the Sprint Pre+.... I guess I should note that I was one of the guys who needed to Doctor back to 1.3.x and then OTA update back to 1.4.5 to get full (Angry birds, etc..) App Catalog access on my Sprint Pre+... Unfortunately, that's not an option for me on this device.

Regardless, I'm happy to be able to experience webos 2.1 and I'll think about it for my main device if the Sprint Nav fix is found. No rush. It was fun to build and try out about 10 different webos doctors this weekend!
    can someone please explain this? I have a sprint pre 2 as my main phone. I put 2.1 and flash on my unactivated sprint pre plus and put in ##devmode# to use it for fun with wifi. I am now getting some texts on my unactivated pre plus??? Hmmm
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    The wiki page now says:

"Open up a terminal on your host computer (not your phone) and cd back to the meta-doctor directory, then type in the following:"

-- Rod
    im sorry, im going crazy trying to do this last step
  17.    #1477  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Thanks, one last question from my mate (I hope). Would disabling the modem update (so the meid does not revert back to the bad one) prevent his Sprint CDMA phone's firmware from updating from v1.6 to v1.7 - which is basically required under v2.x for sms to function properly?
    My understanding is that there is no way that a webOS Doctor can alter an MEID, so your question doesn't make sense in the context of my current understanding of how things work.

-- Rod
    Did you watch the videos on the wiki page? I do that step in the second video. If you just follow along at that step and don't add any extra steps, it will work. If it is unclear, I will stick a note there. I have added a couple, so it's no problem.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot for the work! Did he install first on my Verizon Pre '-' leftover from plusing my Sprint Pre, then after having no issues with that, did the install on my Sprint Pre +. Everything went great, and for a couple of days app installs were going well, except for not getting the 2.1 specific apps off the Catalog. Today I ran into a new issue I have not seen posted on here, yet. Any time I try to install something, from App Catalog or Preware, I get a system error popup:
    Restart Required
    System adjustments must be made before installation can continue.
    RESTART
    CANCEL

Any number of restarts results in the same error next time I try an install. Canceling in Preware causes the app to freeze. Doing the install in the Catalog, the download will halt halfway, give an Install Failed error, then pop up the Restart message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just did it a minute ago. Are you using a linux machine? If so open a terminal, plug in your pre in usb, and goto the meta-doctor directory you made in previous steps and enter the commands one line at a time. Also, make sure you hit the app cat once first and also verify you have the unmask file in the meta dir on the pc(should be there if you followed the steps.