Page 73 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    I received the following error in the terminal while I was running the carrier specific script (with wifi-only flag):

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar or
    webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar.zip, and cannot find webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar.ZIP, period.
    make: *** [build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked] Error 9

Anyone have any clues where I could have went wrong, or what I can try to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt Sottile
  2.    #1442  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthast View Post
    I received the following error in the terminal while I was running the carrier specific script (with wifi-only flag):

End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar or
    webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar.zip, and cannot find webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar.ZIP, period.
    make: *** [build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked] Error 9

Anyone have any clues where I could have went wrong, or what I can try to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

-Matt Sottile
    See the post directly before yours.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    LOL, that's my Youtube user. Anyway, yep, he discovered that was the problem. Also, I went to check the md5sum on mine myself and I noticed the one for Sprint 1.4.5 is not in the list.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  4.    #1444  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    LOL, that's my Youtube user. Anyway, yep, he discovered that was the problem. Also, I went to check the md5sum on mine myself and I noticed the one for Sprint 1.4.5 is not in the list.
    Fixed.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    First off, thank you thank you, I could of never done this on my own. Once I put in the script I just sat back and watched it do all the work. I have 2.1 running on my pre and signed into a new profile so I can test it out for a few days before I decide to stick with it. Question for you though, if and when I do a hard reset to go back to my original profile for 2.1 will I be ok with buying apps in the app cat still? After I signed into the new profile I ran a script at the bottom of this guys instructions ( http://forums.precentral.net/general...tep-guide.html ) so it mask my phone to show it's on 1.4.5? So will I have to run that again or can I just "full erase" and sign in to original profile and be good to go? Thanks again.

Ken

Ken
  6.    #1446  
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    First off, thank you thank you, I could of never done this on my own. Once I put in the script I just sat back and watched it do all the work. I have 2.1 running on my pre and signed into a new profile so I can test it out for a few days before I decide to stick with it. Question for you though, if and when I do a hard reset to go back to my original profile for 2.1 will I be ok with buying apps in the app cat still? After I signed into the new profile I ran a script at the bottom of this guys instructions ( http://forums.precentral.net/general...tep-guide.html ) so it mask my phone to show it's on 1.4.5? So will I have to run that again or can I just "full erase" and sign in to original profile and be good to go? Thanks again.
    Note that the wiki page is the authoritative information source.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    im getting this error...please help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rod so what would be the answer to my question?

Ken
  9.    #1449  
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    im getting this error...please help
    Your cygwin installation does not have all required dependencies installed.

-- Rod
  10.    #1450  
    Rod so what would be the answer to my question?

Ken
    Second point in the Masquerading section of the wiki page.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Your cygwin installation does not have all required dependencies installed.

-- Rod
    what am i missing? got it..sweet.
    Last edited by jurias; 02/27/2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: fixed
    Sorry to ask this question, but do you have a link to that page? I really appreciate all your work and I want to switch back to my original profile and purchase the instruction app u made

Ken
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Wow. 148 pages. LOL I would love to do this to my pre, just don't have the time..

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  14.    #1454  
    Sorry to ask this question, but do you have a link to that page? I really appreciate all your work and I want to switch back to my original profile and purchase the instruction app u made

Ken
    First post of this thread.

Please ask the author of whatever instructions you were following to make that clear.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Ken
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    To Rod and Malpha,
    Your quick responses are greatly appreciated. Re-downloading the doctor's was a success as I am now able to get the webOS doctor up and running. However, I'm still having issues with the install.

If my Pre is powered on when I connect it, the next button will not light up so I can proceeed.

If I follow the instructions to power down and boot into recovery mode, the next option is available - but as soon as I click it, it thinks for a second and then gives me a "We were unable to reset your phone. Please go to Palm Support for help" message.

If I power down with the USB plugged in but click next without booting into recovery (the next button lights as soon as the Pre powers down) the install will begin but gets stuck at 4% every time. The terminal says "Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back" but the phone reboots on its own, and I eventually get a Device has been disconnected message.

I did my best to troubleshoot and try all of the options I could think of, to no avail.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
    -Matt Sottile
    The exact same thing happened to me. Try reinstalling Novacom?
  18.    #1458  
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthast View Post
    To Rod and Malpha,
    Your quick responses are greatly appreciated. Re-downloading the doctor's was a success as I am now able to get the webOS doctor up and running. However, I'm still having issues with the install.

If my Pre is powered on when I connect it, the next button will not light up so I can proceeed.

If I follow the instructions to power down and boot into recovery mode, the next option is available - but as soon as I click it, it thinks for a second and then gives me a "We were unable to reset your phone. Please go to Palm Support for help" message.

If I power down with the USB plugged in but click next without booting into recovery (the next button lights as soon as the Pre powers down) the install will begin but gets stuck at 4% every time. The terminal says "Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back" but the phone reboots on its own, and I eventually get a Device has been disconnected message.

I did my best to troubleshoot and try all of the options I could think of, to no avail.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,
    -Matt Sottile
    Watch the log of the doctor running, and when it is waiting for a reconnect, unplug and replug the device.

-- Rod
    I have looked at that document and it really doesn't answer my question...currently I'm on a new profile that has full access to app cat, I have downloaded free apps and paid apps, just wanting to know if I hard reset and sign in to my original profile if I will have issues with the app cat?

Ken
  20.    #1460  
    I have looked at that document and it really doesn't answer my question...currently I'm on a new profile that has full access to app cat, I have downloaded free apps and paid apps, just wanting to know if I hard reset and sign in to my original profile if I will have issues with the app cat?

Ken
    "Note that if you ever need to log into your palm profile a subsequent time on your device (e.g. after a full erase), you will need to put back the webOS 1.4.5 palm-build-info file and reset your device before logging back into your profile. It may be easier simply to run the procedure on this page from the top again."

-- Rod