Page 72 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782122172 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, so I tested this method of bypassing activation and creating a profile, but the problem is that the Dr. Skipped Firstuse profile is also created, and having *two* palm profiles on a single device causes subtle problems down the track.
    How did you manage to get two profiles on one devices? I used the all.patch script (after skipping First Use via the meta-doctor option, and tinkering with the device a bit including enabling WiFi). Now, while my profile still says "Dr. Skipped Firstuse", it is the only one showing up in "Accounts" on the device, and it is now linked to my Palm profile. I have no idea why my real name never got updated on the device. I have App Catalog access, and everything works as if I had not skipped First Use initially.

Max
    absolutely everything is perfect for me now including flash. only minor glitch and I don't see any mention anywhere else is that the bottom launcher buttons don't seem to save, particularly if I try adding voice dial it is gone from the bottom launcher on reboot. No skipped dr first use in accounts and properly logged into profile. ideas? is there a a keyboard shortcut for the voice dial (which I think is probably the coolest new feature).
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I had the same problem on my mac, reinstalling novacom drivers fixed it.
    Thanks, that brought up the next option, so we'll see where that goes. Thanks also to webOS-internals! This phone wouldn't be near as cool without all this cool stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    absolutely everything is perfect for me now including flash. only minor glitch and I don't see any mention anywhere else is that the bottom launcher buttons don't seem to save, particularly if I try adding voice dial it is gone from the bottom launcher on reboot. No skipped dr first use in accounts and properly logged into profile. ideas? is there a a keyboard shortcut for the voice dial (which I think is probably the coolest new feature).
    You know you can just hold down either one of the volume buttons and it launches voice dialing.. would think you'd prefer that to a quick launch icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You know you can just hold down either one of the volume buttons and it launches voice dialing.. would think you'd prefer that to a quick launch icon.
    I knew it had to be simple thanks!
    got 2.1 on my sprint pre! Now i just need to get it show up in device info. BTW any news on sprint nav being provided??
  7.    #1427  
    Glad to see some folks improving the wiki page so that information is not lost in the morass of questions on the thread which are already answered on the wiki page

The next thing I will be working on is to make sure that only appropriate carrier-specific packages are installed by each meta-script. I've restructured the way the meta-doctor handles the carrier tarball to enable advanced bleeding edge testers to go and add or remove packages to or from the build/*/carrier subdirectory between the unpack and pack steps when doing a manual meta-doctor. Once we've worked out the correct set of packages for each configuration, we'll encode that into the meta-scripts.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod,

I should finish testing the 1.4.5 Sprint Apps tonight. I'll get you a list of what works.

Is there going to be an effort to get high demand apps (like . . . Ohhhh . . . Sprint Nav) actually working?
  9.    #1429  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Rod,

I should finish testing the 1.4.5 Sprint Apps tonight. I'll get you a list of what works.

Is there going to be an effort to get high demand apps (like . . . Ohhhh . . . Sprint Nav) actually working?
    You're asking the wrong person that question. There is no Sprint carrier (or CDMA at all for that matter) for me to connect to and test in Australia ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Yepp, Palm website is showing 1.30.51. How is that possible? Lol.. I must really not understand how that works..
    Anyways, I seem to have app catalog access to 1.4.5 files because Koto correctly downloaded.. but still no access to 2.x apps.
    I'm up for another try at something else if anyone's got any ideas.
    Well that's the insanity that was possible with this expirement, though I wasn't expecting that particular result.

Did you check to see what your profile looked like after logging in with the Pre2/2.0.1 masq, before you unmasq'ed? I'm wondering whether masq'ing with the wrong DMMODEL causes the profile to be screwy right away, or whether it's the unmasq'ing later that makes it go screwy.
    WiFi only Sprint script officially let me purchase Preware Homebrew Documentation. I didn't have any paid apps on this phone as it is my back up. I'm doing a little more reading before I attempt it on my activated Sprint Pre. I'm so excited and I can't wait for overclocking. It definitely has the HP boot logo, and it shows my version as 1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Well that's the insanity that was possible with this expirement, though I wasn't expecting that particular result.

Did you check to see what your profile looked like after logging in with the Pre2/2.0.1 masq, before you unmasq'ed? I'm wondering whether masq'ing with the wrong DMMODEL causes the profile to be screwy right away, or whether it's the unmasq'ing later that makes it go screwy.
    Well I already undid it. And yes, I did check it before. I was running 2.1.0 for two and a half solid days before I did this new experiment. Palm Profile before experiment showed 1.40.50, and after showed 1.30.51. lmao

So I quickly restored back to the doc from thursday. But damn! I'm disliking having to put in all my account info and stuff haha. I wish there was a way to save that to my computer and restore it back.. same thing with launcher pages. It's not that big of a deal. Plus, I recently downloaded the Pre 3 wallpaper.. that's a beauty to look at! Hey, Rod, do you think there's a way you could make this the default wallpaper with the script? Pretty pretty pleasee?
    @EdCates:

Are you also in touch with that guy "sanaking" who commented on the precentral article that he had the VZW 2.0.1 carrier apps working on his 2.1 Pre+?

I'm making no demands that anything work today, just want to know what's in the works. It's Mobile Hot Spot I'm holding my breath for.

Thanks.
    Well thanks for giving it a shot fxspec06, it was worth a try. Sorry you have to rebuild everything.

Overall I guess access to 2.x-only apps isn't really the long pole in the tent right now anyway. There are so very few of them, and I read that some of the devs with ties to the homebrew community have already and/or will mark their 2.x-only apps for 1.4.5 with big warnings for those actually on 1.4.5 to not download them. Besides it's not like anything is being lost - no one with a Pre or Pre+ using these scripts had 2.x app access before.
    Hey, someone left a comment on my Youtube video with this error:

When running the script I got an Error 9 message, with something to the effect of "unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of webosdoctorp102verizonwireless*-2.0.1.jar or webosdoctorp102verizonwireless*-2.0.1.jar.zip, and cannot find webosdoctorp102verizonwireless*-2.0.1.jar.ZIP, period."
    They are on Ubuntu 10.10, Netbook edition.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Well thanks for giving it a shot fxspec06, it was worth a try. Sorry you have to rebuild everything.

Overall I guess access to 2.x-only apps isn't really the long pole in the tent right now anyway. There are so very few of them, and I read that some of the devs with ties to the homebrew community have already and/or will mark their 2.x-only apps for 1.4.5 with big warnings for those actually on 1.4.5 to not download them. Besides it's not like anything is being lost - no one with a Pre or Pre+ using these scripts had 2.x app access before.
    Exactly. That's why I don't understand why some people on the forums are afraid of trying because they only have one primary device - I only have one primary device. This is my one and only cell phone.. the risk of doing this doctor IMO is very minimal. I guess maybe because I have programmer roots.. but really I don't think this process is all that hard to understand. And you have so much more to gain by doing this. 2.1.0 is awesome.

I really do hope that most devs are looking at all of us and plan on releasing their 2.x apps with a 1.4.5 profile like you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm not aware of ROW Pre- devices being able to get a valid combination without masquerading. The only valid combination I know of for webOS 2.1.0 is ROW Pre+ (P101UEU or P101UNA).

But I'm happy to be proven wrong
    German O2 Pre- updated to webOS 2.1 first with, masquerading, Palm profile reported 1.4.5. Then, redoctored again without masquerading, Palm profile now reports 2.1.0.

Now I am still trying to fix the Dr. Skipped Firstuse, which is showing up on the device itself - but it is the only Palm profile on the device (verified with Impostah). I can access App Catalog and I can see 2.0 apps (for example, Voice Memo).

Max
    I ran the MetaDoctor procedure, with my ATT PRE +.
    But the process failed after having loaded both webOsdoctors (1.4.5 & 2.1.0).
    In february 06, I loaded a metadoctored webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-1.4.5 instead of webosdoctorp101ewwatt-1.4.5
    I think this may be the reason of the failure (the error report is the following):
    . . . .
    100%[====================>] 195.098.147 373K/s en 9m 5s

2011-02-27 20:01:30 (350 KB/s) - «downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar» guardado [195098147/195098147]

rm -rf build
    rm -rf build/preplus-p101eww-att-1.4.5
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101eww-att-1.4.5
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp101ewwatt-1.4.5.jar build/preplus-p101eww-att-1.4.5/webosdoctorp101ewwatt-1.4.5.jar
    ( cd build/preplus-p101eww-att-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp101ewwatt-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    resources/webOS.tar bad CRC 18d70972 (should be c4cc5cb2)
    make: *** [build/preplus-p101eww-att-1.4.5/.unpacked] Error 2

I suspect I'll have to metadoctor first to webosdoctorp101ewwatt-1.4.5, and then to re run the procedure.

Any suggestion.??
    Avigo, Palm V, T, TE, T3, TX, Kyocera 7135, Centro, Pre minus, Pre Plus, PRE Ver, PRE 3
  19.    #1439  

That is exactly why I am not giving it a high priority at the moment.

-- Rod
  20.    #1440  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hey, someone left a comment on my Youtube video with this error:

They are on Ubuntu 10.10, Netbook edition.
    Sounds like a bad doctor download to me. They should check the md5sums of the files in the download directory against those on our webos doctors wiki page.

-- Rod