Page 71 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681121171 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    @fxspec06:

if you want to have a play with your VZW Pre+ and profile, I've been really curious to find out what would happen if you masq as a VZW Pre2 on 2.0.1. Yes, as Rod pointed out the DMMODEL is different, so it's an angle that hasn't been pursued yet. But since all we're really trying to do is fool the profile server once to get a valid 2.x profile it seems to me it should work (and a Pre2 is really very little different from a Pre+). The worry I'm sure is then what happens later after you unmasq back to a Pre+ running 2.1? Does something go insane then?

I have only my daily-use Pre+ so I'm not willing to try anything crazy yet, but you've clearly been around the block a few times with this so maybe you'd like to try one more.

You probably know plenty of ways to do this, but with the standard vzw meta-script I believe all that's necessary is to change this line:
    Code:
    cp build/${P101_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} ./
    to:
    Code:
    cp build/${VZW_BUILD}/rootfs/etc/${BLD_INFO} ./
    which just uses the build info out of the Pre2/2.0.1 dr. instead of the Pre+/1.4.5 dr.
    Hmm, that makes sense. I think I'm crazy enough to try it.

I'll see what happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Nooooo! Sprint is CDMA, not GSM. It won't work. For a GSM device in the US I'd try the ATT script.

It sounds like "DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON" didn't get set when the Makefile was run (or invoked by a script).
    I have an European device but I'll just enable DISABLE_UPDATE_DAEMON in the Makefile and doctor again and see if it helps
    Hello everyone, awesome work here!

I doctored my deactivated Sprint Pre this morning and everything went smoothly, then I installed the all.patch (twice to be sure) to enable the Firstuse app to sign into my test profile, rebooted the Pre, but when I opened the Gesture Tutorial app, it just opened to the cloud background and shows the spinning loading circle forever and never fully loads. I then realized I had turned on Airplane Mode (since I have no use for the phone radio being on now), so I turned it off and *voila* the app loaded. I just wanted to post this in case someone else has the issue. Thanks again team, my Pre runs great, I love the launcher speed. I'm going to try using my real profile now and see what happens, I don't mind the risk.
  4.    #1404  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    Hello everyone, awesome work here!
    I doctored my deactivated Sprint Pre this morning and everything went smoothly, then I installed the all.patch (twice to be sure) to enable the Firstuse app to sign into my test profile, rebooted the Pre, but when I opened the Gesture Tutorial app, it just opened to the cloud background and shows the spinning loading circle forever and never fully loads. I then realized I had turned on Airplane Mode (since I have no use for the phone radio being on now), so I turned it off and *voila* the app loaded. I just wanted to post this in case someone else has the issue. Thanks again team, my Pre runs great, I love the launcher speed. I'm going to try using my real profile now and see what happens, I don't mind the risk.
    You should have used the --wifi-only switch as stated in the wiki and not used any patches afterward. Then you don't get Dr. Skipped Firstuse issues.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    How close are we to a more automated 2.1 install? I assume post #1 is being updated with the latest as this thread is growing huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should have used the --wifi-only switch as stated in the wiki and not used any patches afterward. Then you don't get Dr. Skipped Firstuse issues.

-- Rod
    I read the entire Application:MetaDoctor and WebOS 2 Upgrade wikis but didn't see anything about doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    How close are we to a more automated 2.1 install? I assume post #1 is being updated with the latest as this thread is growing huge.
    Well, unless people want to write up ways to automatically install Meta Doctor, check for dependencies, make sure the SDK is installed . . . I'm not sure how much more we can legally do.

We can't distribute HP/Palm software that's been modified, so you'll always have to download the necessary webOS doctors and compile your custom meta-Doctor locally. We have done our best to make that as automatic and fool-proof as possible, but it's always going to be on the end user to be able to read and follow instructions.

What can (hopefully) get better is the installation of carrier apps. As Rod said earlier, we're about ready to focus on those.
    I just ran a modified VZW script with the build-info from the Pre 2 in place of the original Pre Plus. Doctored, signed in with my profile and rebooted.. transferred the unmasqed file and am rebooting again. Looks like it's not gonna work though.. and it's actually worse lol.. here is what looks on Palm website:
    xxxxxxxxxx Palm Pre + (VERIZON) MEID:A1000012D249EB xxxxxxxxx 1.30.51 Yes
  9.    #1409  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobross View Post
    Post #1 (which points to a community maintainable Wiki page like every good post #1 should do) is complete and probably will not change again.

The idea is that you read and follow the maintained single Wiki page, not a jumble of disparate forum posts.

-- Rod
  10.    #1410  
    Quote Originally Posted by QuarlesLT View Post
    I read the entire Application:MetaDoctor and WebOS 2 Upgrade wikis but didn't see anything about doing that.
    I added it about 8 hours or so ago).

-- Rod
  11.    #1411  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    "II.MethodII
    --doctored back to 1.45
    did not sign into any profile or enter dev mode
    but rather
    --went straight from 1.45 doctor to 2.1
    ##cdma#
    stuck at dev mode on
    turned dev mode off and restarted
    ##cdma# turned dev mode on and restarted
    entered password for wifi
    ran gesture tutorial
    gesture tutorial ran OK but did not have any option for profile, it just ran the video to teach the gestures"

I'm not sure what you are referring to because your comment is vague. Taking a guess, are you saying the 2.1 doctor is not constructed correctly from wiki instructions?

If so, followed these steps from wiki:
    step 1: metadoctor was installed
    step2" prepare palm profile--I did not have a palm profile
    step 3: Ran the script for meta-verizon-preplus2.1.0
    step 4- plugged in palm phone and ran
    the modified webos doctor in the Build directory which I called 2.1 doctor above

Which step is unlike the wiki?
    Everything you did after Step 4.

-- Rod
    Yepp, Palm website is showing 1.30.51. How is that possible? Lol.. I must really not understand how that works..
    Anyways, I seem to have app catalog access to 1.4.5 files because Koto correctly downloaded.. but still no access to 2.x apps.
    I'm up for another try at something else if anyone's got any ideas.
  13.    #1413  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Rod -- I've already seen that you posted the --wifi-only option details to the wiki, but I just read through the last 4 or 5 pages and saw in post 1306 that you mentioned there had only been 1 confirmation that it worked. I think my post 1260 was confirmation #2 - you might have just missed it and wanted to let you know there is at least one more out there.

Also, while I've been able to log in to my profile Ok using this method, it does end with the infinite spinning circle problem. After an Alt-Sym-R I notice that it has not downloaded my apps for this profile (for this profile only Preware Homebrew Documentation).... PHD however, is available in the App Cat as a "Free Download" (i.e. Palm knows I've paid for it already).

Is this a known issue with this approach? I had previously been fully successful with the 2.1 update to this profile using the wifi profiles approach and subsequently unmasked ok as well. It's only these follow-on re-doctoring tests using --wifi-only that seems to have this problem.
    Did you turn of backups to delete the profile info before re-doctoring? I suspect that is what caused your apps not to download, as others have now reported full --wifi-only success.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I added it about 8 hours or so ago).

-- Rod
    Thanks, I had to do a hard refresh of the page, I see it now.
    Has downloading of apps for 2.0 only been fixed yet? I don't see that listed in the caveats but I haven't heard anything about fixing it yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Has downloading of apps for 2.0 only been fixed yet? I don't see that listed in the caveats but I haven't heard anything about fixing it yet...
    Not yet.
    I successfully installed WebOS 2.1 on my Sprint Pre- using the metadoctor script and everything went smoothly. It was very laggy initially while it reinstalled apps, but after that completed it seems roughly as laggy as 1.4.5 was. Everything I've tried works great except for one issue:

I'm unable to connect to HTTPS websites (e.g. facebook or amazon). I get an error message popup "Unable to Load Page" with the message "Error loading page. [2077]". I'm pretty sure this is related to HTTPS since all the HTTP websites work, no HTTPS websites I've tried work, and Facebook's login page works via HTTP but gives the error when used via HTTPS. SSL is working for email (I'm connecting to an IMAPS server with a custom certificate which I installed on the phone via the certificate manager).

I've tried rebooting, removing my custom IMAPS certificate, and disabling developer mode, but the HTTPS issue persists.

Has anybody else encountered this issue, or have any guesses as to a solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    It is the first caveat listed.

Also, both IngloriousApps and Hedami have released their 2.X apps to the web feeds marked as 1.4.5. You can download them in Preware (Music Remix's link is not active atm, probably won't be until Monday).

If your favorite 2.X app isn't available, ask the devs.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Confirmation for German activated O2 pre- P100UEU ... This is what I used:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all.
    Online palm profile shows german 02 palm pre .... 2.1.0 ...same with the phone....full acces to app catalog..... No problems loging in with my 1.4.5 profile......
    Doctored back to 1.4.5 ...couse FB wouldn't sync my contacts/calendar...only issue I had with my pre on 2.1.0... Once that is sorted out I'm going to 2.1.0 again...
    Thanks for ur hard work.
  20.    #1420  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Yepp, Palm website is showing 1.30.51. How is that possible? Lol.. I must really not understand how that works..
    Anyways, I seem to have app catalog access to 1.4.5 files because Koto correctly downloaded.. but still no access to 2.x apps.
    I'm up for another try at something else if anyone's got any ideas.
    Please DM me your palm.com/palmprofile record, your tokens and your palm-build-info which was active when you logged in.

-- Rod