Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    It worked!!
    Flashing the swiss phone using a new profile:

Used make call:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P100UEU clobber all
    No paid apps at all.
  2.    #1342  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I am testing it right now on a device I have which is a P100UEU, ROW device, which was activated on AT&T in the US and has full US app catalog access.

It's current palmprofile record is:

xxxx Palm Pre + UMTS North America (ATT) xxxx xxxx 1.40.50 Yes

(It's actually a Sprint device, with an unlocked AT&T GSM comms board which came from an AT&T PrePlus).

This should tell us whether the key to getting a P100UEU 2.1.0 is O2 Germany, or just a device which already has full app catalog access.

-- Rod
    Ah, I wonder whether the key that allows my device above to get a webOS 2.1.0 version record is because the profile server has recorded the IMEI as a an AT&T Pre+ at first activation? That would indicate that the never-to-be-changed device record on the profile server records both DMMODEL and DMCARRIER (via MCC and MNC for GSM) on the first activation ...

--Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #1343  
    It worked!!
    Flashing the swiss phone using a new profile:

Phone Number Model Device ID Serial Number OS Version Primary
    xxxxx Palm Pre UMTS (Orange Switzerland) IMEI:xxxxx xxxx 2.1.0 Yes

Used make call:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P100UEU clobber all
    Hmm - I'm going to have to try my P100UEU activated in Australia now ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  4.    #1344  
    No paid apps at all.
    Have you ever been able to get paid apps on that device?

Please say no, or my world view is shattered.

-- Rod
    Have you ever been able to get paid apps on that device?

Please say no, or my world view is shattered.

-- Rod
    No ;-)
    I'm willing to try something for my VZW Pre+ in US, if anything's ready. I have access to paid app catalog. I bought Koto Player yesterday.
  7.    #1347  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Palm Pre UMTS (O2 Germany) IMEI:xxxx 9.9.9 Yes

Says 2.1.0 under Device Options, and P100UEU and ROW

Confirmed.
    Did you do that profile login over cellular or bypass-activation wifi ?

-- Rod
  8.    #1348  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'm willing to try something for my VZW Pre+ in US, if anything's ready. I have access to paid app catalog. I bought Koto Player yesterday.
    If you want to take part in the current round of experimentation, you would use:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr VERSION=2.1.0 CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P101EWW CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST=Verizon clobber settings all
    Then log into your profile and tell us whether palm.com/palmprofile says 2.1.0 or 9.9.9 ...

-- Rod
    Did you do that profile login over cellular or bypass-activation wifi ?

-- Rod
    If it matters: Since I reinstalled my wifi profile I was connected through wifi (g3 also on)
  10.    #1350  
    Cellular. WiFi is not working on this device.
    And I presume you're not in an official country at the moment.

-- Rod
  11.    #1351  
    OK, I'm doctoring a non-mask 2.1.0 as we speak.
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    Going through First Use using data. I was under the impression carrier info is always used though, if not directly from the active signal, then by accessing some Pre's database? I will log in with an existing Palm Profile.
    Can you re-do that experiment using CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST and CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST instead of REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK and REMOVE_CARRIER CHECK ?

Actually, you should just need:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr VERSION=2.1.0 CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P100UEU clobber settings all
    -- Rod
    If you want to take part in the current round of experimentation, you would use:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr VERSION=2.1.0 CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P101EWW CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST=Verizon clobber settings all
    Then log into your profile and tell us whether palm.com/palmprofile says 2.1.0 or 9.9.9 ...

-- Rod
    Sure, why not. I got nothing better to do today than to watch golf because it's snowing outside again. Another 5 inches to add to the 90 we've already had this winter.

I'm creating the makefile now. So I must delete my backup from 'backups' application correct? After the doctor is flashed, I just log in as I normally would, and I don't have to copy over any build-info files? Just want to be sure I do this right.
  13.    #1353  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Sure, why not. I got nothing better to do today than to watch golf because it's snowing outside again. Another 5 inches to add to the 90 we've already had this winter.

I'm creating the makefile now. So I must delete my backup from 'backups' application correct? After the doctor is flashed, I just log in as I normally would, and I don't have to copy over any build-info files? Just want to be sure I do this right.
    Oh, hang on. I forgot that Verizon is CDMA. Yeah, that's no good for this experiment. You can do the normal procedure via the wiki page though.

-- Rod
    And I presume you're not in an official country at the moment.

-- Rod
    For the record:
    My swiss phone was on o2/germany and my o2/germany device is on 1&1/vodafone on this test.
    I have a non O2 branded German Pre with O2 as carrier -.-
    and got a 9.9.9 in palm Profile after doctoring unmasqueraded.
    P100UEU/ROW
  16.    #1356  
    xxxx Palm Pre UMTS (vodafone Australia) IMEI:xxxx xxxx 2.1.0 Yes

A P100UEU, purchased in Germany, first activated in Australia (this was my very first webOS device, before we knew about country of first activation issues).

Has never been able to see paid apps, and still can't.

-- Rod
    Oh, hang on. I forgot that Verizon is CDMA. Yeah, that's no good for this experiment. You can do the normal procedure via the wiki page though.

-- Rod
    If I'm not going to be any help then I'd rather not doctor again. I've been running for a couple days now no problems. I'll keep checking in to see if there's been any updates. If you need a VZW tester, I'll come running full force!!
    Any way to get that spiffy boot logo without re-doctoring?
  19.    #1359  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zedbrave View Post
    I have a non O2 branded German Pre with O2 as carrier -.-
    and got a 9.9.9 in palm Profile after doctoring unmasqueraded.
    P100UEU/ROW
    Can you try a doctor created with:

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr VERSION=2.1.0 CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P100UEU clobber settings all
    and see if you get a 2.1.0 ?

-- Rod
  20.    #1360  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Any way to get that spiffy boot logo without re-doctoring?
    Not any way that is safe enough to describe in this forum thread.

-- Rod