Page 67 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    In 1.4.5 I have the virtual keyboard, is this included in the WebOS 2.1?
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipxy View Post
    Thanks for the info, i will be waiting for farther development.
    If you like you could prove my findings by using my setting, flash the doc and login to a new profile. If you see 2.1.0 do it again and login to your main profile.
  3.    #1323  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I actually thought this is what we already know? Country/carrier of first activation defines what you will able to do?
    It defines which app catalog you get access to. This information indicates that it also defines the set of allowable webOS versions.

The big problem is that there is no single visible identifier that people can use to see what the current state of their device is with respect to this information. So it makes it hard for us to make it easier for people to predict what is going to happen and therefore choose the correct course of action.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    If you like you could prove my findings by using my setting, flash the doc and login to a new profile. If you see 2.1.0 do it again and login to your main profile.
    I would be very haply to get Web Os 2.1 on my Pre but i use it as my primary phone. Sou i can not do it, sorry
  5.    #1325  
    I changed the script "meta-wr-pre-2.1.0" to:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 all

even though I think the script wasn't necessary.
    In the Makefile I only enabled some private settings:

ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    You should be able to go:

make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P100UEU clobber all

... with whatever other settings you desire in the Makefile as you have done.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should be able to go:

... with whatever other settings you desire in the Makefile as you have done.

-- Rod
    Do you want me to test this?
    If yes, hopefully my dev swiss phone?
  7.    #1327  
    Do you want me to test this?
    If yes, hopefully my dev swiss phone?
    Yes, but I expect you will get the same result as before.

I am testing it right now on a device I have which is a P100UEU, ROW device, which was activated on AT&T in the US and has full US app catalog access.

It's current palmprofile record is:

xxxx Palm Pre + UMTS North America (ATT) xxxx xxxx 1.40.50 Yes

(It's actually a Sprint device, with an unlocked AT&T GSM comms board which came from an AT&T PrePlus).

This should tell us whether the key to getting a P100UEU 2.1.0 is O2 Germany, or just a device which already has full app catalog access.

-- Rod
  8.    #1328  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    Also, I ran two scenarios on a Germany-activated EU GSM (normal Pre).
    no masquerading: no problem logging into existing profile, but no paid apps
    masquerading: no problem logging into existing profile, and paid apps
    Oh dear. So you're saying you have an O2 Germany EU P100UEU, which goes to 9.9.9 when flashed with webOS 2.1.0 without masquerading?

That contradicts what somline is saying, so if it is indeed the case, then the information which determines allowable webOS versions would be even more complex and hidden than what we already fear ...

-- Rod
  9.    #1329  
    I could double-check this if you want, as I have a non-paid apps EU GSM (normal Pre) lying around.
    Please do. We now need all the data we can get for this conundrum.

-- Rod
    OK will report back.
  11.    #1331  
    Ehr, am I? I will doublecheck this right away. I vaguely remember it was 2.1.0.
    Oh, so you had a device and palm profile which was reporting 2.1.0 on the palm server, but couldn't purchase apps, but when flashed back to 1.4.5 it could purchase apps?

Man, this gets more complex with every post

-- Rod
  12.    #1332  

I am testing it right now on a device I have which is a P100UEU, ROW device, which was activated on AT&T in the US and has full US app catalog access.

It's current palmprofile record is:

xxxx Palm Pre + UMTS North America (ATT) xxxx xxxx 1.40.50 Yes

(It's actually a Sprint device, with an unlocked AT&T GSM comms board which came from an AT&T PrePlus).

This should tell us whether the key to getting a P100UEU 2.1.0 is O2 Germany, or just a device which already has full app catalog access.

-- Rod
    BTW, I'm going to do this first with BYPASS_ACTIVATION enabled, and log into the profile over wifi, just to make sure that I don't send any cellular information to the profile server which could prejudice the result.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/27/2011 at 07:28 AM.
    I'm now running webOS 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre+ and i'm loving every bit of it.

Donation...DONE!!!...only $100 USD but i hope it helps :-)

Thanks to everyone for their contributions in all aspect of the webOS 2.1.0 on Sprint...especially ROB WHITBY...U R A SAINT DUDE!!
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 02/27/2011 at 06:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    I'm now running webOS 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre+ and i'm loving every bit of it.
    Jeez dude.. you've got a very tall screen!
    I wonder if it's possible to get the profile on the palm website to show 2.1.0 if you run the doctor as Germany and sign into your profile in German language.. Am I just talking nonsense?
  16.    #1336  
    Curiouser and curiouser:

xxxx Palm Pre + UMTS North America (ATT) IMEI:xxxx xxxx 2.1.0 Yes

that's activated over wifi with no masquerading after previously having a 1.4.5 profile recorded.

-- Rod
    OK, I'm doctoring a non-mask 2.1.0 as we speak.
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    Going through First Use using data. I was under the impression carrier info is always used though, if not directly from the active signal, then by accessing some Pre's database? I will log in with an existing Palm Profile.
    Let us know what are the results Thank's
    ----------------------------------
    Alain (abellemare44)
    HP Pre3 2.2.4 (ATT 4G 16 Gigs) with BELL in Canada

HP TouchPad 16 Gigs Wifi
    With UberKernel 3.0.4 1,8 Ghz
    Cyanogenmod 7 Alpha 3,5 Android 2.3.7

PS: sorry for the bad english, it's not my native language
  18.    #1338  
    OK, I'm doctoring a non-mask 2.1.0 as we speak.
    REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    Going through First Use using data. I was under the impression carrier info is always used though, if not directly from the active signal, then by accessing some Pre's database? I will log in with an existing Palm Profile.
    I think we have previously shown pretty conclusively that the MEID/IMEI on file at Palm is the key into the never-can-be-changed device record which records the country of first activation and app catalog access.

-- Rod
  19.    #1339  
    Is there anyone else with an AT&T Pre+ who wants to try a non-masq webOS 2.1.0 doctor on a test device?

And does anyone else have a non-O2 GSM Pre- (P100UEU) which has full app catalog access, and wants to test whether a non-masq webOS 2.1.0 Doctor works on their test device too?

-- Rod
    It worked!!
    Flashing the swiss phone using a new profile:
    Phone Number Model Device ID Serial Number OS Version Primary
    xxxxx Palm Pre UMTS (Orange Switzerland) IMEI:xxxxx xxxx 2.1.0 Yes
    Used make call: