Page 66 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #1301  
    I will like to thank webOS Internals. I'm waiting a couple weeks until you get the bugs out of this and have proper installer but this will do me fine until the Palm 3 comes out. I will be watching this forum.
  2.    #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by stargod View Post
    a forum that moves quickly some ones get lost in the mire as well (or at least they may feel that way to some users).
    Yes, unfortunately, when I see a string of posts from people (not referring to you directly) that are obviously not following the steps on the wiki precisely, I tend to then just ignore the thread for some hours.

    In general, if a question can be answered by following the steps that are already documented on the wiki, or by previous posts in the thread, then I ignore it. At this point in the process, I personally only look for well-documented, repeatable problems, or contributions of new information. The process is now repeatable enough that anyone should be able to follow it from the information provided on the wiki pages, supplemented by searching the web and doing independent research and watching the detailed videos that have been created.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3. #1303  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you use the --wifi-only option to the meta-scripts, you do not need any other patches. Period.

    -- Rod
    Thanks for the quick response. The wiki is then wrong. I am going to go back to 1.45 and redo entire process again and will report back (advantage: I get to see your easter egg)
  4.    #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Thanks for the quick response. The wiki is then wrong. I am going to go back to 1.45 and redo entire process again and will report back (advantage: I get to see your easter egg)
    I said last night that I wanted to see success reports for the --wifi-only option before updating the wiki. I have seen only one so far (yours doesn't count yet, cause you did extra unnecessary steps).

    I've now updated the wiki page. Please make sure that following the new procedure for --wifi-only is crystal clear and produces the correct results.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/27/2011 at 04:37 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #1305  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I said last night that I wanted to see success reports for the --wifi-only option before updating the wiki. I haven't seen to many so far, but it's probably at the point now where the wiki can be updated. Please do so.

    -- Rod
    Hi Rod, haven't verified yet I am successful based on your last post about not needing any other patch, am retrying now
  6. #1306  
    Quote from the Wiki:

    Palm's servers only accept certain device/OS combinations as valid. While ROW Pre and Pre Plus devices running 2.1 are accepted...

    Question: Has anyone successfully installed webos 2.1 on an O2 UK Pre- without having to masquerade, using main profile and have palm.com/palmprofile stating 2.1 version with full App Catalog?

    Have already successfully installed 2.1 masquerading as 1.4.5 but wondered if I could take it to the next level.

    ...or am I being a tad greedy

    Cheers, Mike
  7.    #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMarvin View Post
    Quote from the Wiki:

    Palm's servers only accept certain device/OS combinations as valid. While ROW Pre and Pre Plus devices running 2.1 are accepted...

    Question: Has anyone successfully installed webos 2.1 on an O2 UK Pre- without having to masquerade, using main profile and have palm.com/palmprofile stating 2.1 version with full App Catalog?

    Have already successfully installed 2.1 masquerading as 1.4.5 but wondered if I could take it to the next level.

    ...or am I being a tad greedy

    Cheers, Mike
    I'm not aware of ROW Pre- devices being able to get a valid combination without masquerading. The only valid combination I know of for webOS 2.1.0 is ROW Pre+ (P101UEU or P101UNA).

    But I'm happy to be proven wrong

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. #1308  
    I tried pre- activated on orange/swiss. Couldn't get palm profile to state 2.1.
    But using pre- activated on o2/germany works without masquerading.
    Full funtional with mobilehotspot and paid apps even apps requiring 2.x.
  9. Fuu
    Fuu is offline
    Fuu's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    #1309  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'm not aware of ROW Pre- devices being able to get a valid combination without masquerading. The only valid combination I know of for webOS 2.1.0 is ROW Pre+ (P101UEU or P101UNA).

    But I'm happy to be proven wrong

    -- Rod
    ROW Pre- (P100UEU) on o2 Germany works with 2.1.0 without masquerading. Full App-Catalog access incl. min. 2.0 apps.
  10.    #1310  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I tried pre- activated on orange/swiss. Couldn't get palm profile to state 2.1.
    But using pre- activated on o2/germany works without masquerading.
    Full funtional with mobilehotspot and paid apps even apps requiring 2.x.
    Interesting. What is the DMMODEL and DMCARRIER on each? We need to find out why one works and the other doesn't, as it could be the key to getting other devices to work without masquerading ..

    -- Rod
  11. #1311  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Interesting. What is the DMMODEL and DMCARRIER on each? We need to find out why one works and the other doesn't, as it could be the key to getting other devices to work without masquerading ..

    -- Rod
    I changed the script "meta-wr-pre-2.1.0" to:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 all

    even though I think the script wasn't necessary.
    In the Makefile I only enabled some private settings:

    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
  12.    #1312  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I changed the script "meta-wr-pre-2.1.0" to:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 all

    even though I think the script wasn't necessary.
    In the Makefile I only enabled some private settings:

    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    INSTALL_SSH_AUTH_KEYS = 1
    INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    Yes, but what is DMMODEL and DMCARRIER set to on each of those two devices (the one that does work, and the one that does not).

    Also, exactly what does it state on palm.com/palmprofile for each?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #1313  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby
    Yes, but what is DMMODEL and DMCARRIER set to on each of those two devices (the one that does work, and the one that does not).
    Sorry I haven't change anything else. Where should I look for those?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Also, exactly what does it state on palm.com/palmprofile for each?
    For the swiss phone (thanks to you I got it from @twtomcat ;-) it shows the 9.9.9 without masquerading.
    The o2/germany one shows 2.1.0 from the start.
    Code:
    xxxx	Palm Pre UMTS (O2 Germany)	IMEI:xxxx	xxxx	2.1.0	Yes
    I tried both on new profiles before using my real profiles.
  14.    #1314  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    Sorry I haven't change anything else. Where should I look for those?
    In the Device Info app.

    Can you show the palm.com/palmprofile entry for the other device?

    I need to see Model and Carrier for *both* devices, and palm.com/palmprofile entry for *both* devices, please.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #1315  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    In the Device Info app.

    Can you show the palm.com/palmprofile entry for the other device?

    I need to see Model and Carrier for *both* devices, and palm.com/palmprofile entry for *both* devices, please.

    -- Rod
    Swiss pre- after masquerading:
    xxxx Palm Pre UMTS (Orange Switzerland) IMEI:xxxx xxxx 1.40.50 Yes
    From device info:
    Swiss Phone in Device Info:
    Model: P100UEU Carrier: ROW
    O2 Phone Device Info:
    Model: P100UEU Carrier: ROW

    Hope that is what you ask for. If you want me to test anything I will do ;-)
  16. #1316  
    Hello ! I have a Palm Pre (o2 Germany),DMCARRIER ROW,DMMMODEL P100UEU,Does this mean that i do not need to masquerade.
  17. #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by Filipxy View Post
    Hello ! I have a Palm Pre (o2 Germany),DMCARRIER ROW,DMMMODEL P100UEU,Does this mean that i do not need to masquerading.
    My experience: you shouldn't masquerade. But you may wait until rod is inspecting my experience.
    BTW: The same is reported on german forums as well.
  18.    #1318  
    Swiss Phone:
    Model: P100UEU Carrier: ROW
    xxxx Palm Pre UMTS (Orange Switzerland) IMEI:xxxx xxxx 1.40.50 Yes
    O2 Phone:
    Model: P100UEU Carrier: ROW
    xxxx Palm Pre UMTS (O2 Germany) IMEI:xxxx xxxx 2.1.0 Yes
    That is a very concerning piece of information for me.

    Up until know, I had experienced the masquerading requirement being only based on the DMMODEL token and the DMCARRIER token and information in the device record on the palm server.

    Your information indicates that it is also based on the unable-to-be-changed country-of-first-activation information stored in the device record on the palm servers as well.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    My experience: you shouldn't masquerade. But you may wait until rod is inspecting my experience.
    BTW: The same is reported on german forums as well.
    Thanks for the info, i will be waiting for farther development.
  20. #1320  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That is a very concerning piece of information for me.

    Up until know, I had experienced the masquerading requirement being only based on the DMMODEL token and the DMCARRIER token and information in the device record on the palm server.

    Your information indicates that it is also based on the unable-to-be-changed country-of-first-activation information stored in the device record on the palm servers as well.

    -- Rod
    I actually thought this is what we already know? Country/carrier of first activation defines what you will able to do?

Posting Permissions