Page 65 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    So after hours of learning how to do this, I get to the meta-doctor and it starts up, but then stops at 4% and says phone is unplugged... I'm losing my mind!!!! ARGH!!! Please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carkid367 View Post
    So after hours of learning how to do this, I get to the meta-doctor and it starts up, but then stops at 4% and says phone is unplugged... I'm losing my mind!!!! ARGH!!! Please help!
    Are you running the script inside a virtual machine?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  3.    #1283  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Excellent idea, nothing intrusive yet completely identifiable.

You could add a small "webOS Internals" legend
    We decided that would be over-doing it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    yes i am running the script in vbox thru ubuntu. and now it won't even get to that screen. I read the thing about sharing the folders but honestly have no idea what to do with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by stargod View Post
    Hi ya,

--addendum part---
    Decided after poking around bit more to delete all apps and user info even though there was none downloaded as could not access the store. (knew that preware would be deleted as well and can reinstall with quickinstall).

Atleast now on reboot there is a new profile that I can set up which just did. just went to the apps so can download the best one (so can contribute) but there is no paid apps.

So next stop quick install to put back preware and hopefully that will work, and if you can point me in the right direction to get the paid for apps it would be great.

Thanks
    Before I reload preware as do not want to spend time I do not have to.. have a choice to make -

I have no flash or skype and music player is real slow - (phone is for teenager) and these are now, especially the music - phone killer and useless as he was waiting patiently for upgrade but was crestfallen with news from hp. so do i ...

Re doctor the phone in the hopes that this will get sorted and now that there is a new profile loaded (turns out he never put a profile in the pre when I gave it to him few months back) when it comes back there will be this to load back on? It will also fix the app store issue as can't go to paid apps.

or

Load up preware and a different player?
    Anyone point me how to get flash as when I go to adobe it says the same message there for over a year, and how do I get skype.

Any help with this now would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carkid367 View Post
    yes i am running the script in vbox thru ubuntu. and now it won't even get to that screen. I read the thing about sharing the folders but honestly have no idea what to do with it.
    Well, the thing is that you have to take the created Doctor out from the virtual machine and run it on the physical one. You really should do the folder sharing thing to get the Doctor out
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    now i'm getting an error, failed to attach the USB device Unknown device to the virtual machine, when i click the bootie palm
    how do i do that? where is the created doctor at? like the location?
  9.    #1289  
    Quote Originally Posted by stargod View Post
    Any help with this now would be greatly appreciated.
    How about help later?

Seriously, this is not the thread for people wanting answers *now*. The disclaimers at the front are specifically there so that only people who understand what they are getting into (and are patient to wait for refined solutions much later) do this.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    well i thought i got it working, but i don't think its gonna work. I've been trying to get this meta doc out of the vbox but to no avail....
    Hi Rod,

Did not mean it in that way as in Now and am jumping up and down in the room waiting like a petulant child and as a forum that moves quickly some ones get lost in the mire as well (or at least they may feel that way to some users).

But regarding my Now - it was more subjective rather than objective usage, we are Irish and are masters of the subjective phrasing ...
    One last question, I'm trying to do it the dropbox way, but do i need to copy the meta-doctor folder or is there a .jar file somewhere?
    i FINALLY got the doctor to work. My pre plus on vzw just booted up. However, it's not activated and i only use it via wifi. So I wasn't able to create a new profile. I put ##devmode# in the dialer, and it took to me to developer mode. Although, i cant leave this app. It won't let me do anything. The only option I have is to turn it off. I cant leave the app, turn on wifi, nothing.. anything i can do?
    Have you actually read this thread?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...doctor-63.html
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Just pushed a little easter egg for those who use our meta-scripts to flash #webOS 2.1 . who'll be first to notice?

You need to get the latest meta-doctor to enable it.

-- Rod
    they noticed it with a git pull, cheaters
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    i got it working.. used the "all patch" went into gesture tutorials and created a new profile.. odd thing is my pictures from my old profile showed up
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    PrePlus Verizon

1)
    --Meta-Doctor with wiki Verizon script on Wed for 2.1
    --dialed ##devmode#
    --enabled wifi
    --installed bypass activation patch for 1.45 w WOSQI 4.03 and verified install with Preware
    --Ran Gesture Tutorial showed black screen
    (note: similar problems reported by some in bypass activation patch thread, while others report that it showed profile screen successfully)
    --Rebooted
    --Ran Wiki Restore /etc/palm-build-info script
    --WOSQI showed one patch only

II. Ran Doctor for 1.45 and then rebuilt and ran meta-doctor for 2.1 with wiki script on Wed and left device in devmode without a profile

III.
    --Tonight rebuilt metadoctor for 2.1 with wiki script (as I figured there might have been changes since Wed). I ran the metadoctor for 2.1 Verizon PrePlus on the device.

--Used Palm Activation Bypass Tool
    --Installed bypass activation patch for 1.45 using WOSQI 4.04 and verified installation with Preware
    --Gesture Tutorials show black screen*
    *note: thread below points to inconsistent results for patch:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-1-4-5-a.html

Thanks!
    Success running Rod's new script for wifi and the "all" patch in the above "activation bypass thread", not the bypass activation patch for 1.45 in preware feeds referred to in my post above!
    Big thanks to Rod and whoever posted the wiki and pointed to the "all" patch post which I read last night to do the process, I did not understand that the correct patch for 2.1 (2.01) created in Dec 2010 had not yet made it into preware feeds and that the patch in the preware feeds only applied to 1.45 devices.
    If you are receiving a black screen when running gesture tutorial in 2.1, please make sure you follow wiki instructions exactly link here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals.
    [Note: to get wifi on 2.1 for Verizon, I did ##cdma# and phone got stuck on dev screen on, so turned it off, rebooted, turned it on, rebooted, inputted wifi password, then went back to wiki instructions.
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/27/2011 at 03:46 AM.
    after metadoctor, I login into my profile, then at the "setup complete" - it seems to hang with a spinning wheel. If I reboot here, I seem to come back to dr. skipped firstuse in the accounts.

9.9.9'd my new install on palm.com/palmprofile
    so looks like will need to doctor back to 1.4.5 sprint pre and login
    now shows 1.40.50 on palm website

now will delete the profile there by turning off backup
    then will try metadoctor install again using wifi option

so do I login first then copy the palm-build-info masq (which is what it sounds like on wiki) - or does that filecopy need to be before login. I think the 9.9.9 occurred when I forgot this step entirely on attempt #2.

Attempt #1 worked great for 2 days (had paid apps and all but blank gesture first use) so working on subsequent attempts to get this just right.
  19.    #1299  
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    so do I login first then copy the palm-build-info masq (which is what it sounds like on wiki) - or does that filecopy need to be before login. I think the 9.9.9 occurred when I forgot this step entirely on attempt #2.
    "then after you log into your profile you need to copy this file back onto your device" - seems pretty clearly worded to me ...

Indeed, if you skip steps, or don't do things exactly in the order which is clearly stated, you should expect problems.

Seriously folks. Follow the steps exactly, and triple check what you did *before* posting here.

-- Rod
  20.    #1300  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Success running Rod's new script for wifi and the "all" patch in the above "activation bypass thread"
    If you use the --wifi-only option to the meta-scripts, you do not need any other patches. Period.

-- Rod