Page 62 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    From the 'meta-doctor' directory '/users/josh/meta-doctor', not scripts or anywhere lower, just type
    Code:
     ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0
    That's it... If the doctors aren't already in /meta-doctor/downloads the script will download them for you, if they are already there then it gets right to the point. Shortly after your newly built Doctor opens up.
    thanks bro!
    or if all that is too crazy. You can just use wosqi to delete /etc/palm-build-info. Rename the the unmasqed file and send it to the phone through wosqi. I guess its all the same just different methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ espeed View Post
    Rod (or anyone), got a quick question. Would it be possible to include the Verizon.tar file in the Meta-Doctor after the Doctor has already been configured?
    Yes. That's in the works.
    Just wanted to post my success story as well. Doctored a Sprint Pre - from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 last night/this morning. Only issue I had was one that's been posted on here a couple of times (where after the first doctor to 2.1.0, activation wouldn't work, so I doctored back to 1.4.5, then back again to 2.1.0). Only other issue was that I had to create a new Palm Profile (whether it just wasn't letting me log in with my old profile because of the doctor or because I was typing in the wrong password at 2am, I'm not sure... so I just went the route of creating a new profile since my old one didn't have a lot of info in it to begin with...) I was able to log into the App Catalog and purchase a couple of apps (including the Homebrew Documentation) and all of the other normal phone functions (calling, text, etc...) works just fine.

Between the instructions on the WebOS-Internals wiki page and the YouTube videos posted by another user, it was very easy to follow.

Now I'm just following along through the forum to keep posted on some of the things I want to get onto my Pre (Sprint Nav, Flash, etc...)

Thanks again to everyone's hard work to make everything very smooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfer View Post
    I'm getting the Error 2 also running Telcel Script in Cygwin:

[IMG]

Any suggestions?
    It looks like Python isn't installed in your Cygwin environment.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I've built my sprint 2.1 doctor in WUBI Ubuntu, but I cannot get my laptop to recognise the device!! I'm familiar with the doctor process in win7, so I first copied the doctor there and swapped OS's.

In win7 I found that novacomd.exe was "marked for deletion" and therefore would not run under any circumstances. Uninstalling and re-installing with both the meta-doctor or official sprint pre- doctor did not enable the service (I confirmed it's not running with process explorer), so there seemed to be little hope for me to doctor in windows.

Over in the WUBI Ubuntu world, where I have less experience troubleshooting drivers, the doctor cannot recognise the device, either. I've tried all my usb ports to no avail. I've tried my pre both in dev mode and out of dev mode.

Anyone else experience this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates
    Yes. That's in the works.
    Sweet. I'll be looking forward to it, then.
    Thanks man, Trying again!
    Quote Originally Posted by reidoreilly View Post
    before I go ahead any further am I able to use Kubuntu instead of ubuntu?
    Yes. You can follow the Linux instructions exactly. You'll just have a better user interface while doing it than the Ubuntu folks. ;-)
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spy2520 View Post
    I was having a similar issue. The phone would disconnect at 4%. What I did was at 4% paused the vm, disconnected the phone. I may have pulled the battery also I can't remember. But I connected the phone back up, waited a minute, unpaused the vm and it worked. I tried it 20 times before attempting this and it worked.
    Mine didn't even get to the % because it wouldn't reboot into update mode (that is my guess, anyway). Maybe there is a way to put the phone into the right mode so the webdoctor doesn't have to do it?
    I disabled the developer mode after I installed preware on my Pre- 1.4.5.

When I tried to install 2.1 the doctor couldn't find my Pre. With developer mode enabled it worked fine.

Someone should note that in the webos-internals wiki or in the first post here.

Saves some time.

Thanks for the great work so far. My Pre- ist booting in this moment. Excited.
    WebOS 2.0.1 booted on Telcel Pre with the script... Not able to buy apps though... but runs good!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    What I found (still running update process) is that a new USB connection was created called 'bootie palm'. This did NOT auto-connect to the VirtualBox instance. As a result, the doctor did not know that the phone was 'alive' again.

Now it's running... wish me luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfer View Post
    WebOS 2.0.1 booted on Telcel Pre with the script... Not able to buy apps though... but runs good!
    Did you unmasq it?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I figured out the USB connection issue - it's been a problem with my Lenovo T510. As reported by some disgruntled users on 10.10 support forums the drivers for this laptop are not well supported. I fell back to the LTS Ubuntu, reinstalled SDK, novacom and pulled the sprint meta-doctor back to ubuntu - voila! Device recognition.

In the end this has been a personal issue, but it's worth noting for others. Your mileage may vary, haha! When I shop for computers I try to find one that has great support for Ubuntu - but this computer has been anything but trouble free. just FYI.

@38%, will report my success/failure!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    @78% and the phone is running smoothly on 2.1. I doubt that's normal.

Cmd displays "INFO: Flash End Time (Success)129xxxxxxxxxx"

Sounds to me as if the doctor has finished, though the UI still displays "Don't disconnect..." Thoughts, anyone?

EDIT: Got tired of waiting. Disconnected, everything's fine.
    Last edited by XGC75; 02/26/2011 at 02:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Can someone "guide" me on how to accomplish Step 5 Unmasqed file copy?
    You can also use a terminal session if your running a Mac, just to remember to be in the meta-doctor directory.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg47 View Post
    mac snow leopard
    Make sure your running the correct version of Xcode listed in the wiki page. I made a mistake on my mac with leopard and only had Xcode 3.0 and it caused some problems.
  19.    #1239  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Just wanted to add my success story. I have installed 2.1.0 without ANY issues on my Dev VZW Pre. Simply ran ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 --wifi-only (thanks rwhitby). After connecting to my wifi I ran the gesture tutorial app which promted me to sign in or create a profile. I used a new profile for this as it's my spare device and I'm using my regular profile on my daily device. Also, after at least 5 or 6 doctors /media/internal/ still seems to be intact; pictures, music, etc. Surprised. YMMV.
    Glad to see a positive confirmation of the --wifi-only option working as designed.

-- Rod
    I noticed that. I added filters in virtualbox for both but it didn't remedy the problem. I think it really just times out the connection though because my remedy was to pause the vm and disconnect/reconnect the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by amueller View Post
    What I found (still running update process) is that a new USB connection was created called 'bootie palm'. This did NOT auto-connect to the VirtualBox instance. As a result, the doctor did not know that the phone was 'alive' again.

Now it's running... wish me luck!