Page 61 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #1201  
    Everything works great so far. I have one question though, how do you get rid of the Dr. Skipped Firstuse profile so I can use any one I want?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
  2. #1202  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Try deleting and re-retrieving meta-doctor.
    with this command? git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
  3. #1203  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg47
    with this command? git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    Yes.
  4. #1204  
    just wondering is there a way to set up a new profile without re-doctoring back to 1.4.5?

    When I log in to site and see there is actually no data on me at all, just that I can log in

    So if I could just set up new profile it would not bother me. So I can atleast use the app cat so can donate (aside from other things)
  5. amueller's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #1205  
    I'm having an issue during doctoring where the Pre will reboot (during the charging, update reboot phase), but never seems to revive. The charging symbol stays on it and then it times out in the Web Doctor

    I am running Ubuntu in VBVBVB $and$ $have$ $the$ $USB$ $set$ $to$ $auto$-$connect$, $so$ $everything$ $should$ $be$ $ok$... $any$ $ideas$?
  6. #1206  
    I'm getting the Error 2 also running Telcel Script in Cygwin:



    Any suggestions?
  7. #1207  
    How and where did you create a new profile have searched and searched but could not find the option to do this... this is also a spare device
  8. #1208  
    Well, I found one app that doesn't appear to work with 2.1. SuperNES. It's stuck at the rom load menu. :/ If you guys are able to run it, could I be informed as to how you did it?
  9. #1209  
    when I run the script I got this message after downloading the doctors:
    Code:
    /Users/Josh/meta-doctor/scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 ; exit;
    new-host-3:~ Josh$ /Users/Josh/meta-doctor/scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 ; exit;
    make: *** No rule to make target `settings'.  Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `clobber'.  Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'.  Stop.
    logout
    
    [Process completed]
    what should i do?
  10. #1210  
    before I go ahead any further am I able to use Kubuntu instead of ubuntu?
  11. #1211  
    What system are you using?

    Mac? Ubuntu? Windows (Cygwin)?
  12. #1212  
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfer View Post
    What system are you using?

    Mac? Ubuntu? Windows (Cygwin)?
    mac snow leopard
  13. #1213  
    Quote Originally Posted by stargod View Post
    How and where did you create a new profile have searched and searched but could not find the option to do this... this is also a spare device
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    You'll show 1.4.5 until you restore /etc/palm-build-info with palm-build-info-unmasqed file which should be in your meta-doctor directory. Step 5 on the WIKI WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals. After doing this your device will show 2.1.0

    Just wanted to add my success story. I have installed 2.1.0 without ANY issues on my Dev VZW Pre. Simply ran ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 --wifi-only (thanks rwhitby). After connecting to my wifi I ran the gesture tutorial app which promted me to sign in or create a profile. I used a new profile for this as it's my spare device and I'm using my regular profile on my daily device. Also, after at least 5 or 6 doctors /media/internal/ still seems to be intact; pictures, music, etc. Surprised. YMMV.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
  14. #1214  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Download an old (v3.x) version of webOS Quick Install, which has the Linux Commandline feature then execute the commands on the wiki (after having copied the unmasqed file) over to the USB partition. No other method except webOS Quick Install would work for me.
    did you run wosqi thru windows or linux? I tried the wosqi command line and it gives me a no such file error after the 2nd command. I will try to reinstall novacom on my ubuntu vm installm but so far I have not been able to make my pre visible to ubuntu. Any thoughts? Anyone?
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  15. #1215  
    Rod (or anyone), got a quick question. Would it be possible to include the Verizon.tar file in the Meta-Doctor after the Doctor has already been configured?
    Last edited by DJ espeed; 02/26/2011 at 12:05 PM.
  16. StevenX's Avatar
    Posts
    457 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #1216  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    did you run wosqi thru windows or linux? I tried the wosqi command line and it gives me a no such file error after the 2nd command. I will try to reinstall novacom on my ubuntu vm installm but so far I have not been able to make my pre visible to ubuntu. Any thoughts? Anyone?
    Windows. You DID place the unmasqed file on the USB drive and then navigate to /media/internal in the first command line command?
  17. #1217  
    Make sure you have all the necessary packages follow the instructions in Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals

    If you have them... make sure you run the script from shell and from main Meta-doctor directory... otherwise that might happen (it happened to me in Linux)
  18. #1218  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshg47 View Post
    when I run the script I got this message after downloading the doctors:
    Code:
    /Users/Josh/meta-doctor/scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 ; exit;
    new-host-3:~ Josh$ /Users/Josh/meta-doctor/scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 ; exit;
    make: *** No rule to make target `settings'.  Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `clobber'.  Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target `unpack'.  Stop.
    logout
    
    [Process completed]
    what should i do?
    From the 'meta-doctor' directory '/users/josh/meta-doctor', not scripts or anywhere lower, just type
    Code:
     ./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0
    That's it... If the doctors aren't already in /meta-doctor/downloads the script will download them for you, if they are already there then it gets right to the point. Shortly after your newly built Doctor opens up.
    Last edited by mjkjr; 02/26/2011 at 12:04 PM.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
  19. #1219  
    I was having a similar issue. The phone would disconnect at 4%. What I did was at 4% paused the vm, disconnected the phone. I may have pulled the battery also I can't remember. But I connected the phone back up, waited a minute, unpaused the vm and it worked. I tried it 20 times before attempting this and it worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by amueller View Post
    I'm having an issue during doctoring where the Pre will reboot (during the charging, update reboot phase), but never seems to revive. The charging symbol stays on it and then it times out in the Web Doctor

    I am running Ubuntu in VBVBVB $and$ $have$ $the$ $USB$ $set$ $to$ $auto$-$connect$, $so$ $everything$ $should$ $be$ $ok$... $any$ $ideas$?
  20. #1220  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    did you run wosqi thru windows or linux? I tried the wosqi command line and it gives me a no such file error after the 2nd command. I will try to reinstall novacom on my ubuntu vm installm but so far I have not been able to make my pre visible to ubuntu. Any thoughts? Anyone?
    If you are on a Windows 7 (64 bit) machine follow the steps kostka spelled out for me last night.

    You shouldn't need to use Ubuntu for this, just use the cmd terminal on Windows and navigate to this directory

    C:\Program Files (x86)\Palm\SDK\bin
    (assuming you installed the SDK and this is where it is located)

    At this point you need to have the palm-build-info-unmasqed file on your USB partition and I also put a copy of that file in the Palm\SDK\bin folder along with the palm-build-info file. (both of these files are found in the same location the meta-doctor is)

    From here just make sure your computer recognizes your Pre (and you are in dev mode) and then run the commands (novacom run file... etc) as they are on the webOS-internals page and you should be good to go.

    Reboot the phone and you should be unmasqued

Posting Permissions