Page 6 of 217 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #101  
    Ok, for those who can't wait but need to create a new Profile.

    When you install a paid app, its downloaded to /media/internal/download/. Its hidden ( dotfile ) while it downloads and is visible while installing. WHILE it installs you can copy it somewhere save and install it later.
  2. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #102  
    also whats with the battery life being so bad with 2.x i took my phone off the charger at 9:30 and its only 11 not and i have 90% battery....i havent touched it at all its been in my pocket the whole time
  3. #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    can someone post the a short howto for a german o2 pre? Can't wait to try this!
    I'm also burning to use webos 2.1

    Here my details. model p100ueu ROW on a geman o2 contract.
    I know you've got better stuff to do, but when you have time, some hints how to do it would be great.

    Do the known issues also occure on european/german devices?
  4. #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    also whats with the battery life being so bad with 2.x i took my phone off the charger at 9:30 and its only 11 not and i have 90% battery....i havent touched it at all its been in my pocket the whole time
    Who's your carrier? With CDMA if you have low signal it eats your battery for lunch.
    Palm 3C>>M100>>M500>>Tungsten T5>>Tungsten TX>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>Centro>>Pre>>Pre+>>Pre2
  5. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoutcamper View Post
    Who's your carrier? With CDMA if you have low signal it eats your battery for lunch.
    i have sprint but i have 4 out of 5 bars....and this is even a new battery that i just got 2 days ago =[
  6. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

    I'm downloading that doctor right now. Are there literally ipks inside that update my firmware via ipkg-install or do I have to roll them into another MetaDoctor? I'm rolling a new one right now with all my token info (and to replace that godawful HP boot logo).
    Hey lethal my phone is reporting CC1.8(587) would that be even better? lol
  7. #107  
    My information is that the Profile and AppCatalog issues comes from they uploaded a wrong doctor its a testingdoctor which has other server urls so it can't connect to the right profile-server. They will reupload a new doctor so you can choose your regular palm-profile.......a really big mistake but hey they are also just humans
  8. #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    Hey lethal my phone is reporting CC1.8(587) would that be even better? lol
    That version will work, but it didn't come from any publicly available Palm released Dr.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by freak2k View Post
    I'm also burning to use webos 2.1

    Here my details. model p100ueu ROW on a geman o2 contract.
    I know you've got better stuff to do, but when you have time, some hints how to do it would be great.

    Do the known issues also occure on european/german devices?
    Per part of the OP...

    Before using the recipes in this thread, you need to install and become familiar with usage of the Meta-Doctor. See Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals for instructions. We will not be repeating any of those instructions in this thread. There are other threads on PreCentral which also give details of how to use the Meta-Doctor. Please ask beginner questions in those threads rather than this one.

    YOU MUST ASSUME THAT USING ANYTHING FROM THIS THREAD HAS A NON-ZERO CHANCE OF COMPLETELY WIPING YOUR DEVICE AND DESTROYING YOUR PALM PROFILE.

    If you have never used the Meta-Doctor before, I would advise waiting until these recipes have been well-tested by those who have.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  10. #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Thanks for the advice.

    I'm downloading that doctor right now. Are there literally ipks inside that update my firmware via ipkg-install or do I have to roll them into another MetaDoctor? I'm rolling a new one right now with all my token info (and to replace that godawful HP boot logo).
    You only need to do the token overwrite one time. After the initial one, they won't be touched unless you manually overwrite them again.

    I have not attempted to install the ipk's stand alone and if you did they would have to be done from Root.

    In the webos.tar is where you will find one of them. Take the one from the vzw Pre2 Dr. and add it to the webos.tar in the new 2.1 Dr. You may already see an CDMA firmware ipk in the webos.tar but if it is like the WR pre 2 Dr. it will be an empty package.

    There is also one in the carrier tarball. Repeat the process for it.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  11. #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    i have sprint but i have 4 out of 5 bars....and this is even a new battery that i just got 2 days ago =[
    sometimes the OEM batteries have less than full capacity. Got burned twice on that one.
  12. #112  
    Damn, still no smartdial, still no text reflowing and one handed zooming controls on the browser, still no option to lock the autorotation.

    Someone @hp has ever had a decent phone in his hands ?
    -------------------------------------------------

    Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  13. #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by douth View Post
    My information is that the Profile and AppCatalog issues comes from they uploaded a wrong doctor its a testingdoctor which has other server urls so it can't connect to the right profile-server. They will reupload a new doctor so you can choose your regular palm-profile.......a really big mistake but hey they are also just humans
    I hope this is true. Also how will we know when it's done?
  14. #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    also whats with the battery life being so bad with 2.x i took my phone off the charger at 9:30 and its only 11 not and i have 90% battery....i havent touched it at all its been in my pocket the whole time
    That's a little less than 10% an hour, which is basically standard battery rundown for the Palm Pre. Even if you're not doing anything, simply having the phone (really, the data radio) on runs through the battery. Also, you're not using a custom kernel, so any battery savings you may have gotten on 1.4.5 using voltage scaling is not going to show up on 2.X. You may also want to check that the backup service is operating normally.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  15. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #115  
    So, is it possible to Dr. back to the official ATT 1.4.5 after upgrading using the meta method? I plan to create a new profile to use with 2.x, but I may want to go back to my old 1.4.5 profile with all of the apps I've bought, at some point.
  16. #116  
    Up and running on my formally dead Sprint Pre. Just got it up, so not a lot of time to play yet, but it's smooth and has no stuttering in the animations.

    Took more time to do all the prerequisites than the actual update.

    Update: I was able to dial *2 and it connected! Looks like dialing might be supported. Not completely sure though as this phone is no longer activated.
    Last edited by Gilliam0S; 02/22/2011 at 10:48 AM. Reason: Update
  17. #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    <quote deleted by Moderator>
    Damn I missed that post ;-) Thanks pastorrich1 for your work.
  18. #118  
    Damn i missed it too. hope it wasnt anything important
  19. #119  
    Up and running on Verizon Pre Plus in Massachusetts I can make phone calls and browse the internet over ev-do! 3g isn't working

    will try to log into profile in a minute
    i'll get some pics up too
  20. #120  
    Got it running on a German Pre Minus on o2 not tested much but it is booting perfectly fine.

Posting Permissions