Page 56 of 217 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Rod,

A few of us can't establish a profile over wifi after running the scripts (we don't have carrier service so we need wifi). I've gotten into devmode on Verizon PrePlus either via ##devmode# or by Palm's activation bypass tool. I then installed bypass activation patch but gesture tutorials is a black screen.

Is there a script that can incorporate a workaround for this or what do you suggest?

Thanks!
    If I can get the ok to attach the patch I used to get mine to work, you will have no problems. I'm not sure why the link I put up before didn't work for you. also make sure wosqi is the latest version.

what the hell if you don't like it, then erase this, it's arthurthornton's patch that works for me to accomplish this same thing
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jemojc; 02/25/2011 at 08:08 PM. Reason: this is the fourth time i'm trying to help with this
  2.    #1102  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Rod, what about the Sim Toolkit that shows up on the cdma pre's like my Verizon one. Any way to remove that?
    Well, we need to do a full review of what carrier apps should go into which meta-scripts, and create a way to easily select them.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I would be all for trying this if I knew there was a way to have a sprint nav fully functional
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I'm having with "Step 5: Restore /etc/palm-build-info". What commands do I enter into cygwin?
    Also, I tried installing all of the sprint carrier apps. The only one that successfully installs is SprintTV. In order to get the others, especially SprintNav it will probably have to be edited as per http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...0-pre-2-a.html
    If you want the amazon app you can get it from the Verizon Pre 2 tarball.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Probably. Give me the full context of which device, which carrier, which doctors, what you've done previously, and whether anyone has made it work manually before ...

-- Rod
    PrePlus Verizon

1)
    --Meta-Doctor with wiki Verizon script on Wed for 2.1
    --dialed ##devmode#
    --enabled wifi
    --installed bypass activation patch for 1.45 w WOSQI 4.03 and verified install with Preware
    --Ran Gesture Tutorial showed black screen
    (note: similar problems reported by some in bypass activation patch thread, while others report that it showed profile screen successfully)
    --Rebooted
    --Ran Wiki Restore /etc/palm-build-info script
    --WOSQI showed one patch only

II. Ran Doctor for 1.45 and then rebuilt and ran meta-doctor for 2.1 with wiki script on Wed and left device in devmode without a profile

III.
    --Tonight rebuilt metadoctor for 2.1 with wiki script (as I figured there might have been changes since Wed). I ran the metadoctor for 2.1 Verizon PrePlus on the device.

--Used Palm Activation Bypass Tool
    --Installed bypass activation patch for 1.45 using WOSQI 4.04 and verified installation with Preware
    --Gesture Tutorials show black screen*
    *note: thread below points to inconsistent results for patch:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-1-4-5-a.html

Thanks!
  7.    #1107  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    PrePlus Verizon

1)
    --Meta-Doctor with wiki Verizon script on Wed for 2.1
    --dialed ##devmode#
    --enabled wifi
    --installed bypass activation patch for 1.45 w WOSQI 4.03 and verified install with Preware
    --Ran Gesture Tutorial showed black screen
    (note: similar problems reported by some in bypass activation patch thread, while others report that it showed profile screen successfully)
    --Rebooted
    --Ran Wiki Restore /etc/palm-build-info script
    --WOSQI showed one patch only

II. Ran Doctor for 1.45 and then rebuilt and ran meta-doctor for 2.1 with wiki script on Wed and left device in devmode without a profile

III.
    --Tonight rebuilt metadoctor for 2.1 with wiki script (as I figured there might have been changes since Wed). I ran the metadoctor for 2.1 Verizon PrePlus on the device.

--Used Palm Activation Bypass Tool
    --Installed bypass activation patch for 1.45 using WOSQI 4.04 and verified installation with Preware
    --Gesture Tutorials show black screen*
    *note: thread below points to inconsistent results for patch:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...e-1-4-5-a.html

Thanks!
    OK, I should be able to develop something to do this on one of my Sprint Pre- devices. Perhaps I'll just add a --wifi-only switch to the existing scripts ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, I should be able to develop something to do this on one of my Sprint Pre- devices. Perhaps I'll just add a --wifi-only switch to the existing scripts ...

-- Rod
    Terrific, thanks!
    edit: both device info and WOSQI report Verizon PrePlus as running 1.45
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/25/2011 at 09:03 PM.
    obviously I'm posting and no one has read what I had on the previous page.... oy. I uploaded the patch that works. for both sprint and verizon i tested.
    For folks who have a lot of contacts stored in their Palm Profile it seems like there is an easy way to export these for later import.

PreCentral Forums - How to Transfer Contacts

Is this worth adding to the Wiki?
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    ok im lost can some1 help me =p i got this weird error

tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar \
    --delete ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer
    -image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar \
    --numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 -h \
    --append ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer
    -image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml \

( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0 ; \
    zip -q -d webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    META-INF/JARKEY.* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    /bin/sh: line 2: 9212 Aborted ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2
    .1.0; zip -q -d webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/
    JARKEY.* resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    make[1]: *** [build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.packed] Error 134
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Ather/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
  12.    #1112  
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    If I can get the ok to attach the patch I used to get mine to work, you will have no problems. I'm not sure why the link I put up before didn't work for you. also make sure wosqi is the latest version.

what the hell if you don't like it, then erase this, it's arthurthornton's patch that works for me to accomplish this same thing
    I wonder why no-one has ever sent me an email, private message or tweet that they have a patch which should replace the bypass-activation patch in the meta-doctor ... if people only post stuff in the middle of forum threads, I'm bound not to see it.

I'll take a look at it.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deduce View Post
    I now have HP webOS 2.1.0 on my Sprint Palm Pre-. Quick question: After my Palm Profile restored, it tried to download all my previous apps. I deleted the apps I didn't want restored in the Software Manager but the faded app icons are still littered everywhere on my Applications page. I've already tried resetting the phone but they are still there when I reboot. Is there any way to get rid of these ghost apps?
    I have the same problem listed above but it's only with Preware. I install Preware with webOSquickinstall 4.04 and preware will then work fine until I reboot. I then have only the ghost Icon of preware and when I touch it opens the app manager. I then have to uninstall it and reinstall preware with webOSquickinstall. I have tried mulitple reboots and not really sure what else to try.

Thanks for any help,
    Daaknes
    Last edited by daaknes; 02/25/2011 at 10:01 PM. Reason: typo
    Thank's for all your work Rod. I am FAR from a programmer, yet with your scripts and instructions, I was able to upgrade without any serious issues (though I reverted back until classic is made compatible with 2.1). I don't usually post much, for due to ignorance, I rarely have much to contribute, but I wanted to thank you for your work on the "big stuff" and also for smoothing out the little hurtles at well, and the "thanks" button didn't seem sufficient. And for all you sponges like me, DONATE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    I have the same problem listed above but it's only with Preware. I install Preware with webOSquickinstall 4.04 and preware will then work fine until I reboot. I then have only the ghost Icon of preware and when I touch it opens the app manager. I then have to uninstall it and reinstall preware with webOSquickinstall. I have tried mulitple reboots and not really sure what else to try.

Thanks for any help,
    Daaknes
    This is discussed in a bunch of earlier posts in this thread. I think the Smart Folks are investigating the cause.

One solution is to re-doctor with the InstallPreware line of the meta-doctor commented out. Once you're up to 2.1 then install preware.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    This is discussed in a bunch of earlier posts in this thread. I think the Smart Folks are investigating the cause.

One solution is to re-doctor with the InstallPreware line of the meta-doctor commented out. Once you're up to 2.1 then install preware.
    Ohhh the love/hate relationship between me and the good doctor. I am finally set up again and would rather not *have* to doctor again, but if it must be then it must be.
    Hey,

So how many people forgot that they could download govnah then go into the Userspace governor and bump the freq up to 600mhz? Dont lie You know you did lol.
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
  18.    #1118  
    Quote Originally Posted by daaknes View Post
    Ohhh the love/hate relationship between me and the good doctor. I am finally set up again and would rather not *have* to doctor again, but if it must be then it must be.
    We're still at the stage where the procedure is being incrementally improved, and re-doctoring is the most time-effective option for us to support.

-- Rod
    Rod,

Is there any legal reason to not include the carrier software from the VZW Pre2 in the Doctor for the VZW Pre+?

I was toying with that this afternoon, and could send you a .diff, such as it is.
    I have 2.1 installed but in device info it shows; Palm webOS version: 1.4.5, Firmware: RC1.7(557)

Is it suppose to show HP webOS 2.1? If so, how do I do that?