Page 54 of 217 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Some of my observations. Got everything working after few doctorings on my ROW Pre-. Google contacts&calendar would not sync, after few add/delete account it finally did sync. No such luck with FB contacts/calendar. Everything else works with noticable lagg though sometimes, cannot wait for OC kernel and patches to start coming in.
    Think I'm gonna go back to 1.4.5 miss my old pre and come back to 2.x once OC and my other favorite patches r available. Awesome work though... Kind of new ti webOS but I'm really impresed with dev. comunity... You guys rock and beat android dev department IMO. Also own android flagship phone but ever since I got my pre- my sim never left it
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    bash: meta-doctor/build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar: No such file or directory

im getting that message and meta-doctor wont launch please help...
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    the only scripts that show up for me are
    decode-hashes preware-ca-bundle.crt replace-md5sums.py unpack-rootfs
    diff-excludes.conf preware-install.db unpack-doctor
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    and this happens too

./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: No such file or directory
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    so I have tried running the script a few times and still get this message:

touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.packed
    Invalid or corrupt jarfile build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    ryan-carlsons-macbook-4:meta-doctor ryancarlson$

I need help please.

Also this was using the bell mobility script
    Last edited by drvon; 02/25/2011 at 05:50 PM.
    So i got my Sprint Pre minus working on 2.1, with activation/first use bypass. Facebook contacts work on mine. app cat is good and so is preware. At first I was unable to bypass first use with ##devmode# and using the devicetool.jar, so I re-doctored with bypass first use uncommented in the makefile. Then I was able to log onto my wifi and use the enable-first-use-profile-creation patch using WebOsQuickInstall. After reboot I was able to log into my profile and everything. Apps redownloaded. I don't know why people are having a problem with the patch I linked to earlier in the thread. I have had it on my hard drive for a long time now, and my version works. I also did this same procedure on a verizon pre plus. If you guys want me to (if it's allowed) I will attach the version of all.patch I have. I can also update the wiki with this info, if needs be.
    quick question:
    Is there a method to move the sprint apps over after doctoring?
    Do all radios work properly on sprint pre minus?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Anyone care to publish a Cricket script?

That would allow people to get a webos 2.1 device from ebay cheap, and a plan that's even cheaper

Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    quick question:
    Is there a method to move the sprint apps over after doctoring?
    Do all radios work properly on sprint pre minus?
    My radios work ok on Sprint Pre- !

Try getting the ipk's from sprint.tar in the 1.4.5 WebOS Doctor and install those. I don't know if Sprint Nav will work, but at least maybe Sprint TV will!
    This may be a really dumb question, but how can I move the meta-doctor that was built from Ubuntu in VirtualBox back to my Win 7 folders? I can not seem to get any USB device to connect to Ubuntu. Or am I doing something really stupid. Very new to Ubuntu if you can't tell!
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Anyone care to publish a Cricket script?

That would allow people to get a webos 2.1 device from ebay cheap, and a plan that's even cheaper

My radios work ok on Sprint Pre- !

Try getting the ipk's from sprint.tar in the 1.4.5 WebOS Doctor and install those. I don't know if Sprint Nav will work, but at least maybe Sprint TV will!
    Thanks for the quick response. I am mainly concerned about sprint nav as a I use it all the time.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    This may be a really dumb question, but how can I move the meta-doctor that was built from Ubuntu in VirtualBox back to my Win 7 folders? I can not seem to get any USB device to connect to Ubuntu. Or am I doing something really stupid. Very new to Ubuntu if you can't tell!
    i was having the same problem last night. someone please help!
    Trying sprint apps now.... but I have a sinking feeling there's no legal way to do it... we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    i was having the same problem last night. someone please help!
    Just use Cygwin. Man, I spent so much time with Virtual box. I spent a lot less time downloading cygwin, installing it, and running the scripts. So much easier and you can easily share files with your desktop and no problem with novacom.
    I used DropBox. Install and log into the same account on both Ubuntu and Windows and throw it in there somewhere.
    Install guest additions from the device menu up top in vmbox. Then on page 46 or 47 of this thread... I'm not sure exactly, there is a link on how to do shared folders linking between ubuntu guest and wind host.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    So i got my Sprint Pre minus working on 2.1, with activation/first use bypass. Facebook contacts work on mine. app cat is good and so is preware. At first I was unable to bypass first use with ##devmode# and using the devicetool.jar, so I re-doctored with bypass first use uncommented in the makefile. Then I was able to log onto my wifi and use the enable-first-use-profile-creation patch using WebOsQuickInstall. After reboot I was able to log into my profile and everything. Apps redownloaded. I don't know why people are having a problem with the patch I linked to earlier in the thread. I have had it on my hard drive for a long time now, and my version works. I also did this same procedure on a verizon pre plus. If you guys want me to (if it's allowed) I will attach the version of all.patch I have. I can also update the wiki with this info, if needs be.
    Where are you finding the enable-first-use-profile-creation patch?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Just use Cygwin. Man, I spent so much time with Virtual box. I spent a lot less time downloading cygwin, installing it, and running the scripts. So much easier and you can easily share files with your desktop and no problem with novacom.
    Trying to run the att pre plus script and Cygwin is choking on me. Big fat error with run.exe

Error: could not start C:\cygwin\home\Scott\meta-doctor\scripts\meta-att-preplus-2.1.0

Go easy on me
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    So the doctor that was created wouldn't open on my mac, so I moved it over to my PC and it opens, and is currently doctoring my device. Thats weird, but I'm currently at 26% and counting so hopefully this works. Can someone else cross there fingers for me that would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Where are you finding the enable-first-use-profile-creation patch?
    this is the specific post within the thread started by arthurthornton:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2800116

I'm pretty sure people may be using the patch from post #1 which isn't for 2.x... if this one doesn't work I can attach the copy I'm using.
    Quote Originally Posted by rothoof View Post
    and this happens too

./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0: No such file or directory
    Delete meta-doctor and run git clone.... again.