Page 53 of 217 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #1041  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    ok finally got 2.1 to work on my sprint pre. Some things I noticed:

    I'm having issues with adding a payment method because apparently the profile move to 2.1 lost it. Where can I add the pay info again?

    the jstop app reports 35-45
    Go buy an app in the catalog. It will prompt you to add the info.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  2. #1042  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    You fixed Nav?
    Yeah ed, Check your messages.
  3. #1043  
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    Go buy an app in the catalog. It will prompt you to add the info.
    I'm trying to purchase the homebrew documentation app, and its as if it remembers I have a credit card on the profile, it just lost the info, therefore popping up the purchase failed error. It does not ask to enter new information.

    EDIT: I had to completely remove the payment account, remove my profile and do a battery pull. Reentering all info afterwards fixed it.

    Now I'm just dealing with the High jstop javascript resource usage. 40+ mb
    Last edited by smknutson; 02/25/2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  4. #1044  
    My JStop on 2.x is at 42+MB.
  5. #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by yitz0550 View Post
    My JStop on 2.x is at 42+MB.
    High jstop I think is going to be norm, its like we just upgraded from XP to 7 here people.. lol
  6. #1046  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    High jstop I think is going to be norm, its like we just upgraded from XP to 7 here people.. lol
    nice analogy... Very true.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  7. #1047  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    As long as the phone isn't bricked in the process to 2.0. There is always the capability to doctor to a older version without issues.
    ok, thanks. So I shouldn't have problems with my spanish Movistar Pre?
  8. cbellevie's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #1048  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    Well I've managed to get Sprint nav functioning (finally), Network Settings and PRL to show up (not functional, permissions error), and Flash installed and functional (not exactly blazing saddles but flash). Other then the fact that I can't view os 2.x apps in the catalog. This is sweett!

    Is there a downside to not having the Network Settings Update and PRL working? I've gone through that spotify post and im unable to get it working myself. I just don't have the knowledge. It looks as thoe its something quite simple to fix.
    Sprint Nav and getting PRL to at least show up!! That's excellent!

    Is getting Sprint Nav up and running something that can't be discussed here *at all* (I know that Leathal's earlier post seemed to indicate that).

    Already missing Sprint Nav.
  9. #1049  
    So, I just spent a lot of time getting a working 2.1 doctor setup for my Sprint Pre (I'm a linux n00b). Got the doctor run just fine. However, I didn't account for one important thing. I'm no longer on Sprint, and as a result I can't setup a profile on the first boot (no data). Ooopsie. Am I boned? I'm not seeing a way to connect to WiFi on the profile screen :/

    Apologies if this has already been covered.
  10. drvon#AC's Avatar
    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    #1050  
    So I tried to build a doctor from the scrip for Bell Mobility and I got this...


    sed -i.orig -e '/^Name: /d' -e '/^SHA1-Digest: /d' -e '/^ /d' -e '/^\n$/d' \
    build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0 ; \
    zip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0 ; \
    zip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.packed
    Invalid or corrupt jarfile build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar

    What could this be? Did I do something wrong?
  11. #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    So, I just spent a lot of time getting a working 2.1 doctor setup for my Sprint Pre (I'm a linux n00b). Got the doctor run just fine. However, I didn't account for one important thing. I'm no longer on Sprint, and as a result I can't setup a profile on the first boot (no data). Ooopsie. Am I boned? I'm not seeing a way to connect to WiFi on the profile screen :/

    Apologies if this has already been covered.
    Been there, done that.. all you've gotta do is use the Palm Activation bypass utility and then run the following patch and your all fixed..

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...49#post2779549
  12. #1052  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbellevie View Post
    Sprint Nav and getting PRL to at least show up!! That's excellent!

    Is getting Sprint Nav up and running something that can't be discussed here *at all* (I know that Leathal's earlier post seemed to indicate that).

    Already missing Sprint Nav.
    +1, definitely need this..

    On another note, there seem to be a lot of people repeating the activation error issue, would it be a good idea to add it to the wiki?
  13. #1053  
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    nice analogy... Very true.
    The difference here is windows 7 will run on a windows xp machine :-p

    Microsoft wins, HP looses heh.
  14. nethan's Avatar
    Posts
    96 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #1054  
    Got my Sprint Pre- updated using the awesome script by Ed and Rod. Thanks guys!

    I was slightly confused by the masking, but it looks like that is built into the script as I am showing v1.4.5 as is. The GPS is more accurate than before (it used to just show me at the nearest tower most of the time) and stuff seems to be moving at an ok speed.

    I'm a n00b as far as *nix goes and was able to do this no problem using Cygwin.
  15. #1055  
    Yes, the script LOOKS complicated, but in actuality is very user-friendly. My only problem was Ubuntu just wouldn't detect my Pre for anything. Nothing a little shared folder action can't fix.

    All we need is the 2.1 Kernel source code!
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

    Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

    Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre
  16. #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Been there, done that.. all you've gotta do is use the Palm Activation bypass utility and then run the following patch and your all fixed..

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...49#post2779549
    Thanks much! I checked out Palm's developer page here:

    Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

    ...which mentioned 2.0 devices shouldn't need the .jar. So I was able to bypass by entering "##DEVMODE#" into the dialer

    Now if I could just get WebOSQuickInstall to see my damn Pre in Win7!

    EDIT: doesn't look like the "Show FirstUse App" patch works with webOS 2.1. Guess no app catalog for me
    Last edited by alan7467; 02/25/2011 at 05:08 PM.
  17. #1057  
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Thanks much! I checked out Palm's developer page here:

    Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

    ...which mentioned 2.0 devices shouldn't need the .jar. So I was able to bypass by entering "##DEVMODE#" into the dialer

    Now if I could just get WebOSQuickInstall to see my damn Pre in Win7!
    install the Palm SDK for Windows
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    Yes, the script LOOKS complicated, but in actuality is very user-friendly. My only problem was Ubuntu just wouldn't detect my Pre for anything. Nothing a little shared folder action can't fix.

    All we need is the 2.1 Kernel source code!
    Install the Palm SDK for Ubuntu
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
  18. #1058  
    Just reporting some more on my findings:

    I had to re-forward my voicemail to Google Voice (Sprint: *28<GV#>)
    My battery no longer holds a charge, or more specifically, constantly depletes at a rate such that even the wall charger never gets it past 3%. Will test backup battery when I get home)

    And for a bit of humor: I accidentally uninstalled App Catalog with Preware. Can i just extract the .ipk out of the 2.1 doctor and re-install w/ Preware?
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
  19. #1059  
    Hope I'm not asking something that has been asked and answered already -- I've read the first 5 pages and the last 15 or so....

    As a result of having Plussed my sprint Pre in December, I have the old Sprint Pre shell and internals with a VZ comms board. It works great (Wifi only) and I was hoping to install webos 2.1 on it... I will be creating a new Palm Profile for this device -- not using my legacy profile.

    A few questions...

    I think one or both of two approaches would work

    Approach 1:
    Should I use Sprint Script?
    Can I edit the script to bypass activation / first use, install Preware, add my wifi profile, etc....? (I have no way to activate on VZ)

    Approach 2: Should I do this as a 2 step process by creating a Sprint 2.1 Dr using the sprint script in MetaDoctor and then running MetaDoctor again on the New Sprint 2.1 Doctor and editing the Makefile for bypass activation / first use, install Preware, and add wifi profile
  20. #1060  
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned it, but remember to set logging to minimal to help performance a bit. Phone App -> ##LOGS#

    We need to squeeze every last drop until Uberkernel hits.

Posting Permissions