Page 5 of 217 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FordPrefect View Post
    Dieter:

Any way you could try signing into your profile on a Pre 2 (already running 2.0)? Then after it's been converted to a 2.0-style profile, sign in on the ATT + running 2.1? Possibility of getting around the profile failures?
    The profile I originally tried to sign into was a 2.x profile, I believe. I'm not going to try it with my main profile
    before updating to this and donating to WOSI, is there a way to save the ipkg files of paid apps? I bought angry birds so I don't want to miss it. Is there some check performed and will anything happen when the app cat recognizes the paid app?

and that came really quick...

thanks.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reflex View Post
    Did you have paid apps in version 1.4.5?
    no i haven't paid anything and i created new profile (just for not waiting till backups are restored from my palm profile)

@pastorrich1 ipk fetcher fetches **** and not carbon beta... it says version 1.1.1 (correct) but donwloads 0.0.1 of small size. after install it shows in the launcher standard icon (like when you create an empty app in ares) and when you launch it, it shows white page on with Carbon BETA on top, and even menu is not working
  4. SashoDikov
    artem this is normal, you need to go to "software manager" and try to update it, if it works, restart luna/phone and it will start with proper icon and everything
    I wonder if there is any chance HPalm would just say frac it and allow profile migration on any carrier/phone to 2.x?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Next up, installing webOS 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre- that is not going to be connected to the Sprint network (i.e. a developer device which is not being used as a phone):

WARNING: This may result in a phone which cannot make a phone call or connect to cellular data (I cannot test these things in Australia). It should work fine on Wifi.

-- Rod
    I don't have access to my Bell Pre yet since I'm away from home this week, but I can give the Sprint Pre's Canadian cousin a go once I get to it.

So have we confirmed that the EV-DO firmware is in the Doctor?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    no i haven't paid anything and i created new profile (just for not waiting till backups are restored from my palm profile)

@pastorrich1 ipk fetcher fetches **** and not carbon beta... it says version 1.1.1 (correct) but donwloads 0.0.1 of small size. after install it shows in the launcher standard icon (like when you create an empty app in ares) and when you launch it, it shows white page on with Carbon BETA on top, and even menu is not working
    This is why I said to read the instructions for ipk fetcher. I will post it here though since you didn't.... :/

Once you DL and load the package on your phone, you must run the software update tool, it WILL identify an update (the actual program) and install it, then you restart your phone and all is golden.

If you had read the instructions you would have known that and known that the package is essentially a place holder for the actual package and contains only the data necessary to flag for the update.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Flashing a freshly-baked MetaDoctor on to my Sprint Pre- now. Trip report to follow. Pulled my device tokens prior to all this; if this flash works, I guess my next step is to create a new MetaDoctor using said tokens.

And if THAT works, the next step is to donate to the great WOI crew who made all this possible. Thanks guys.
    Whats so great about hacking into a year old phone when we should be bugging HP to release a dang phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Whats so great about hacking into a year old phone when we should be bugging HP to release a dang phone!
    Because it can be done NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I don't have access to my Bell Pre yet since I'm away from home this week, but I can give the Sprint Pre's Canadian cousin a go once I get to it.

So have we confirmed that the EV-DO firmware is in the Doctor?
    Based on Rod's screen cap I can confirm that the CDMA firmware is NOT included in this Dr. CC1.6 is what is currently in 1.4.5. Since the radio already has firmware installed, it will stay there. But also based on previous testing with the Pre 2 conversions using the WR Pre 2 Dr. that version CC1.6 will NOT work with webOS 2.x

The version that shipped with the Verizon Pre 2 Dr. is CR1.7 I believe and some enterprising individual could attempt to add the respective firmare ipk's to the webos.tar and whatever carrier tarball they use and see what happens. My guess is if it works in the Pre minus CDMA comm board in a Pre 2 body (and it does, I have done it myself a couple of times already) then it will also enable full functionality inside of the Pre minus body.
    so is profile migration working for those that this update is actually meant for (ie. Those in germany)?

either way, is there some way to manually migrate apps or are we just SOL till hp changes things on their end?

also, might it be possible to use the boot-loader used to dual-boot webos & whatever the openmoko one is called to dualboot 1.4.5 & 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Flashing a freshly-baked MetaDoctor on to my Sprint Pre- now. Trip report to follow. Pulled my device tokens prior to all this; if this flash works, I guess my next step is to create a new MetaDoctor using said tokens.
    Update: Flash successful. Radio is working, including EVDO. Only caveat so far is that hanging up a call brings up an alert as if the call was dropped.
    Update: Flash successful. Radio is working, including EVDO. Only caveat so far is that hanging up a call brings up an alert as if the call was dropped.
    What's your network firmware version?
    <quote deleted by Moderator>

And your icon is the proper Carbon icon without the restart?

I find it ridiculous that people install and attempt to use software without first reading the instructions. And then insult those who attempt to help them. I have spent countless hours here volunteering my time to help people and have learned much from following others directions to go read the instructions myself. You would as well.

IMPORTANT:
    When you are done, it's important that you open up your App Catalog on the device. Go to your installed apps (button in the lower right corner), wait for the update-button to appear, and UPDATE ALL APPS! This is the step where you download the actual application directly from Palm. If you skip this step, you will have nothing on your Pre except freshly generated apps.

It's posssible that you won't see the correct icon or title for an app in the launcher right after the update. The app should start up though. After a Luna restart the launcher icons and titles should be fixed.
    http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre...k-fetcher.html

If you want people who KNOW what they are talking about to continue to assist you here you would be well served to show a little deference and appreciation. Or they will simply start ignoring your requests for assistance. Nobody is obligated to spoon feed you here.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 02/22/2011 at 10:23 AM.
    That is because your current firmware is CC1.6 which is not fully compatible with webOS 2.x. You will need to utilize the firmware update ipk's from the VZW Pre 2 Dr.

If you do that it should all work perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by croathlete View Post
    what's your network firmware version?
    cc1.6(535)
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    does anyone know how to fix the allarms issue ? they only ring for 5sec on my sprint pre 2.0.1 im tring to figure out how to use all this metadoctor stuff as im not a programmer =/
    I think most Sprint Pre- users would accept having a dropped call prompt if all else works re: data and cellular.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    That is because your current firmware is CC1.6 which is not fully compatible with webOS 2.x. You will need to utilize the firmware update ipk's from the VZW Pre 2 Dr.

If you do that it should all work perfectly.
    Thanks for the advice.

I'm downloading that doctor right now. Are there literally ipks inside that update my firmware via ipkg-install or do I have to roll them into another MetaDoctor? I'm rolling a new one right now with all my token info (and to replace that godawful HP boot logo).