Page 49 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gmfer View Post
    The Build created by Telcel script doesn't work... for some reason it still detects that is an unsupported phone... I will try to do it without the script... any suggestions Rod?
    What issue are you having? Where does it say it's an unsupported phone? When running the Doctor? Right now I'm backing up the data on a Telcel Pre to try

I really think Telcel should use MODEL=P100UNA DEVICE=pre , this will be the first test.

The script didn't work, and when I used the default values, I also got the incompatible device error...

INFO: WARNING: modelList on the webOS Dr is : p100eww and modelToken on the device is : p100una prodID token is : p100una
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 02/24/2011 at 11:35 PM.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    yes, first use is now "gesture tutorial"... this is the link to the post with the patch i use to activate profile via wifi after bypass:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2800116
    This should do it for you. Install to your phone via webos quick install.
    Tried installing this several times. I then run gesture tutorial and it is a black screen. WOSQI reports patch and supporting patches are installed and so does Preware.

Is there another way to get the wifi profiles back onto the PrePlus so one can just create a Palm Profile immediately after the phone is doctored? I copied the wifi file referred to in metadoctor make file from my 1.45 PrePlus onto the laptop before I doctored but am not sure how to get it back onto the Pre and where it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    Alternatively full erase normally would invoke the first use app, but im not sure it will work if you doctored telling it to skip it.

3rd alternative is for someone to be so kind and port the "show first use" patch to 2.1 and to show up in preware or supply the patch file.
    Hi SashoDikov,

Already tried to do full erase, but no luck. Also already tried to create new doctor using script (the first one I create manually using cygwin), still no luck.. it still say Dr. Skipped Firstuse

This is confusing me since I'm never do any metadoctor tell it so skip FirstUse. I can login to my 1.4.5 Palm Profile, but in Account apps it never display my name.

Should I wait for "show first use" patch? Or is there any workaround for this? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentrawrr View Post
    Okay so i decided to go ahead doctor my pre- on sprint i managed to get it to boot (with the hp logo) but it's stuck after it loads the language. like it'll just tell me "Activation error" but if i open the emergency call option erase "911" and enter any other number my calls so it is activated. but i cant get throught the activation? help? |:

Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    Insomnia is your friend. After a clean 1.4.5 doctor, the 2.1.0 meta-doctor went off without a hitch on my sprint pre-. Seriously now, good night.
    I just wanted to add that I had the exact same experience (including the insomnia - was up til 3am). My adventure follows:

After 2 days of reading this thread and others carefully, I decided to make a video for 2.1 doctoring a Sprint Pre-. Got my camera all setup, recorded all the way through flashing the Meta-doctored jar, & I got the "Activation error". Wish I had a screenshot to share, but I don't. Said something to this effect:
    Activation Failed. You should attempt to activate your phone by visiting .[sic] You will need your HEX MEID: A00000000XXXX
    After 2 hours of being on the phone with Sprint tech support stuck in this loop:

Code:
    1 "ok I'm going to do this, now take your battery out & turn back on [insert prayer]"
    2 "ok that didn't work, do ##RTN#, hit Reset, <input MSL>, reboot wait for it to come back up [cross fingers and pray]
    3 "[wait 5-10min] darn, that didn't work"
    4 Go to 1
    ...i gave up & went to bed.

Today I reflashed back to 1.4.5 ("EV" icon showed up), then back to 2.1.0 & it activated. All seems OK so far except PRL, I can't seem to add the testing feeds to Preware, & the Help app (who uses that anyway?).

Also, the autoinstall_preware=1 seems to be working ok with me thus far.. I've installed patches, reboot, installed more no problem. Just can't add the testing feeds. Lil circle just spins & spins.
    Last edited by djwhitey; 02/24/2011 at 11:41 PM.
    Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted, counts. - Sign on Einstein's office door
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Tried installing this several times. I then run gesture tutorial and it is a black screen. WOSQI reports patch and supporting patches are installed and so does Preware.

Is there another way to get the wifi profiles back onto the PrePlus so one can just create a Palm Profile immediately after the phone is doctored? I copied the wifi file referred to in metadoctor make file from my 1.45 PrePlus onto the laptop before I doctored but am not sure how to get it back onto the Pre and where it goes.
    not sure why it's not working. it usually needs to install twice with a reboot. It has worked on my pre plus and pre minus. I don't know what to tell you. He did update it to work with 2. *scratches head* sorry I can't help more.
    Hello,

So I used the script for Sprint. It created a perfect doctor for 2.1. I copied it over to windows 7 and ran it on my phone. Webos 2.1 installed perfectly no problems at all. After the reboot I selected my language and then I got the Activation Error. At this point i'm pretty stuck. I was wondering if I might have missed something?

Anyone Have any solutions?
    Sprint pre -> Motorola Photon 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    First off I would like to say thankyou to everyone who made this work, especially Rod for everything he does, and Edcates for getting the script going for the sprint pres.
    +1 on this, thanks so much guys!! The script really helps to automate this process. I spent more time getting Ubuntu running properly in VirtualBox (and installing all the necessary dependencies for running meta-doctor) than I did creating the custom doctor file.

Working great on my Sprint Pre minus, no issues.

Also I'd like to add a thanks to @JayCanuck and the other handful or so of individuals for updating their patches!!
    Last edited by NachoB; 02/25/2011 at 04:24 AM.
    Thanks so much to the people who got this out, including Rod and al the others who helped with the scripts and changes. I've finally got 2.1.0 running flawlessly on my ATT Pre+ with everything - even gps and apps - with no masquerading and even flash! Thanks to everyone who made this possible and everyone who tested this early on and made it so easy for everyone else!
    Just installed and works great so far, only issue was I lost all contacts. Awesome work everyone that pitched in. Expressed my gratitude by donating =).
    finally made a successful dr... I think. I wasn't able to get my pre to be visible in recovery mode to my doctor I made in ubuntu vm, the next button in the doctor that comes on when it detects a pre in recovery mode would not activate, idk why, so can anyone tell me how to copy from vm guest to host, in this case from ubuntu virtualbox to windows 7?? I am so close... And will be donating soon. Thanks
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    finally made a successful dr... I think. I wasn't able to get my pre to be visible in recovery mode to my doctor I made in ubuntu vm, the next button in the doctor that comes on when it detects a pre in recovery mode would not activate, idk why, so can anyone tell me how to copy from vm guest to host, in this case from ubuntu virtualbox to windows 7?? I am so close... And will be donating soon. Thanks
    HOWTO: Use Shared Folders (View topic) &bull; virtualbox.org
    I had the same issue. That link helped me out immensely.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    This might be a rather obvious question, but to have full App Catalog access does the device/carrier/version combination need to be 100% correct?
    For example, if we get an o2 UK Pre Plus doctor (as I assume we will at some point), would we need to have an o2 UK Pre Plus to gain full App Catalog access inc. 2.x apps? What would happen if we used that doctor to meta-doctor 2.1 onto a o2 UK Pre-? Would we still have to masq, and therefore not have access to 2.x+ apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by amistak View Post
    HOWTO: Use Shared Folders (View topic) &bull; virtualbox.org
    I had the same issue. That link helped me out immensely.
    A different way is using the plain MS folder sharing (AKA Cifs/SMB), accessing a shard windows folder from Linux, or sharing a Linux folder (this one requires SAMBA installed on the Linux side) and accessing it from windows as any other LAN connected machine.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Trying O2 pre- in Australia

I used the ./scripts/meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 but could not get past the Palm Profile.

I tried real's post #359 but it failed the Palm Profile as the 3G data VirginInternet APN was rejected!
    So I made a new build with
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr clobber all
    changes in makefile are
    BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP = 1
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE = 1
    ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK = 1
    At least I got to use wifi and the phone but the 3G data part is still not working.

IT does work!
    Forced Virgin settings (I didnt see the option at the bottom of the screen!) and did a reboot and it works for 3G now. :-) I wasted 10 hrs by not noticing the APN forcing button during the Palm Profile phone reset options..
    Step 6 completed.
    Last edited by PreRunr; 02/25/2011 at 07:17 AM. Reason: UPDATE!
    fantastic guys! managed to get it working on a Sprint pre- though quick question any one restore db3 files yet, missing not having my contacts.
    Life moves fast, don't miss a thing
    I'm about to doctor again. For the sole reason of Preware greying out. So for clarification my profile *is* backed up and I don't have to delete it, correct? After I insert the unmasqed file and reboot everything should load correctly, including profiles, accounts, and applications? Just to make sure before I run it.

VZW Pre Plus here.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'm about to doctor again. For the sole reason of Preware greying out. So for clarification my profile *is* backed up and I don't have to delete it, correct? After I insert the unmasqed file and reboot everything should load correctly, including profiles, accounts, and applications? Just to make sure before I run it.

VZW Pre Plus here.
    I did this same things last night. I was on 2.1 and I just reran the doctor again and after that it did not download any of my apps. So I did it for a second time, except this time I went it and turned backups off and erased them on the server. After that it restored correctly with my apps. I then installed preware and it still working fine.
    I just used Preware to do a Luna restart and when it came back up Preware looked normal still... does this mean I am safe or does it only happen after you've installed something?
    For me it was happening after a complete restart of the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockandchelle View Post
    I did this same things last night. I was on 2.1 and I just reran the doctor again and after that it did not download any of my apps. So I did it for a second time, except this time I went it and turned backups off and erased them on the server. After that it restored correctly with my apps. I then installed preware and it still working fine.
    .. but you were able to successfully log into your profile, right? I think you missed the step about copying the build-info and then rebooting. Because I believe someone mentioned that he did that and it restored everything.

I'll let you know how it goes in a min.