Page 48 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3843444546474849505152535898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #941  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Loved 7Zip for once Unpacked copied old castleumtsfw.tar and then packed again to webOS.tar

Tried make pack

Rob Need ur help now
    How do you expect that Makefile invocation to know what DEVICE, CARRIER or VERSION you want it to use?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have mentioned the DEVICE and CARRIER details also

In the last run for make pack .. I changed the makefile with the following
    # Select "pre", "preplus", "pixi", "pixiplus" or "pre2".
    DEVICE = pre

# Select "wr", "sprint", "verizonwireless", "bellmo", "telcel" or "att".
    CARRIER = wr

The reason I am trying pack is because I have been able to modify the webos.tar with the old castleumtsfw.tar and packed it to webos.tar again by using 7zip in resources folder.

So if i can just create the jar files by packing things up.. I think i should be good to go
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What OS are you running it on? I suspect it's not one of the ones recommended on the Meta-Doctor wiki page.

I've updated the script to be compatible with Python 3. Update meta-doctor and retry.

-- Rod
    Rod,

I appreciate you making it python 3 compatible, I'm using Arch Linux. It worked perfectly after you added compatibility. Thanks a lot.
    Sprint Love
    ran make DEVICE=Pre CARRIER=wr unpack patch

Worked fine

Then I ran make DEVICE=pre CARRIER=wr pack

Last edited by zeushunt; 02/24/2011 at 07:41 PM.
    I am trying to install webOS 2.1.0 on my Verizon Pre Plus and when I try to install the novacom driver it fails every time. I am running OSX 10.6.6. In terminal I am getting this error:

WARNING: Unable to connect to NovaCOMd -- is it running???
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:375)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:189)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomController.getDeviceList(NovacomController.java:41)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomController.getDeviceListOnUsb(NovacomController.java:55)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread.run(DeviceDi scoveryRunner.java:63)

Any help would be much appreciated.
  6.    #946  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    ran make DEVICE=Pre CARRIER=wr unpack patch

Worked fine

Then I ran make CARRIER=wr pack

I say again: You need to define DEVICE, CARRIER and VERSION for each Makefile invocation.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I am trying to run the Verizon Pre Plus script and I can't get it to install the drivers needed. It fails every time I try it. This is the errors that I am getting. It keeps looping every second so I am assuming something is getting blocked.

WARNING: Unable to connect to NovaCOMd -- is it running???
    java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
    at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:432)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
    at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:375)
    at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:189)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomController.getDeviceList(NovacomController.java:41)
    at com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomController.getDeviceListOnUsb(NovacomController.java:55)
    at com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread.run(DeviceDi scoveryRunner.java:63)
    Feb 24, 2011 9:20:11 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Feb 24, 2011 9:20:11 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    No, it doesn't.

I forgot that I was running a wee tiny Linux box for a bit, but started looking at message output. This was interesting:
    Code:
     palm-webos user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: ERROR: "com.palm.provisioning" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.app.phoneprefs" (requester pid: 3569, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    That showed up right after I tapped "Cancel PRL Update."

I might need someone with more webOS smarts than I have to help with this one.
    Just got your PM. This sounds kinda like the issue the Spotify users had with their app under WebOS 2.x.

Check this post out for a possible solution. I might take a look at it tomorrow myself, but it's likely the root cause of our "no inbound connections allowed" problems if anyone wants to take a stab at json editing while I'm sleeping.
    Can someone please tell me where to enter the commands to unmask the palm-build-info? I have a sprint pre- and ran the script (which worked flawlessly, by the way) using ubuntu in virtualbox. Thanks.

Other than that, everything was perfect. It was a bit daunting at first, but thanks to people who wrote the wiki page, the process was actually pretty easy. My gps works and my profile seems to have synced without a problem. I love you webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Just got your PM. This sounds kinda like the issue the Spotify users had with their app under WebOS 2.x.

Check this post out for a possible solution. I might take a look at it tomorrow myself, but it's likely the root cause of our "no inbound connections allowed" problems if anyone wants to take a stab at json editing while I'm sleeping.
    SLEEP!? Sleep is a crutch for the weak!

. . . and people with common sense. ;-)

I'll take a look at it, and thanks for the pointer!
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    will there be an easier way than meta doctor to install 2.1? like a doctor?
    Highly unlikely. Only if HP (and/or the carriers) decide(s) to give explicit permission to distribute them.
    Quote Originally Posted by huareu View Post
    Can someone please tell me where to enter the commands to unmask the palm-build-info? I have a sprint pre- and ran the script (which worked flawlessly, by the way) using ubuntu in virtualbox. Thanks.

Other than that, everything was perfect. It was a bit daunting at first, but thanks to people who wrote the wiki page, the process was actually pretty easy. My gps works and my profile seems to have synced without a problem. I love you webos-internals
    Make sure your Pre is plugged in, then execute the commands in the terminal while still in the meta-doctor directory.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Make sure your Pre is plugged in, then execute the commands in the terminal while still in the meta-doctor directory.
    When I try that it tells me that it "failed to connect to server." Could this be because I'm using a virtual machine?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    For use on a Verizon Pre+, has anyone looked into pulling the Mobile Hot Spot from the Verizon Pre2 doctor and including it with the 2.1 meta-doctor?
    I have this same question, but the total lack of response has prompted me to start a new thread dedicated to this. I'll post back with the link shortly.

Update: The new thread is here - Help please: Add Mobile Hotspot into 2.1 Doctor for Verizon Devices
    Last edited by NickVTPre; 02/24/2011 at 09:21 PM. Reason: Added link to new thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by huareu View Post
    When I try that it tells me that it "failed to connect to server." Could this be because I'm using a virtual machine?
    Yeah, Rod posted how to fix this earlier, but I can't find the post.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Until this thread came to be I had never used Linux, Virtual Box, Metadoctor, etc., but I'm literate, so that's a plus.

I followed the directions in the wiki for the virtual box method.

I have novacom and java installed. I ran the sprint script and it ran fine, opening the doctor near the end, but when I get to the step where I should plug the phone in the "next" button never becomes available. (I'm not in recovery mode, because I have a broken up volume button. I'm waiting for a test device to ship).

And perhaps this is relevant: When I'm in Virtual Box/Ubuntu and I connect the Pre and select USB drive... nothing happens. But Windows 7 acknowledges it.

So. Questions:

• Is there some thing I am missing to make Ubuntu in VBox acknowledge my device?
    • Do I *need* to be in recovery mode for the doctor to run? If not, is it obvious what piece I'm missing?
    • Is there an easy way to run the doctor jar at a later time? In windows I just double click the .jar file and it runs. I can't figure it out in Ubuntu.
    • After the doctor is run, before I replace the build info do I need to run the app catalog or do anything else first?
    You have to run the doctor in Windows 7. Move it there using a shared folder, dropbox, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Just to report another thing here:

If you have done some sort of backup with a 2.x+ profile and try to login to a 1.4.5 device, we all know the phone won't let you and it will stay there saying that some data cannot be restored, and to try again later. Now, this also happens when the device is running 2.1 masqueraded at 1.4.5, but I found something interesting.

There's NO need to delete your Palm profile if you used 2.1 or the leaked build. Once you login to your profile on 2.1, masquerading as 1.4.5, you won't be able to advance anymore. In the profile activation screen, go into dev mode (tap the phone icon, delete the 911 and dial #*devmode# (#*3386633#) on GSM or ##devmode# (#*3386633#) on CDMA, it will ask you to reboot.

After the reboot, copy the unmasqed palm-build-info into your Pre, and you'll login to your phone automagically! And, your data will still be there.

As you may not know, many things are backed up now, included but not limited to messages and ringtone settings that I don't remember were backed up before.

I hope this helps for people in 2.x to not lose their info as I did
    Has anyone else confirmed this works? This seems a big improvement over deleting the device backup... I'm glad to add to the wiki if this method is confirmed to work. (I'm still holding out for overclock, and mobile hotspot before i up my <only> Pre+).
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi, I have a Sprint Pre - and I have run a modified doctor and booted fine.

My problem is that I bypassed the First Use app (Pre isn't currently my primary phone) and it didn't appear in the launcher. I also pulled the app.json to change it to "visible: true" but it already was.

Oddly, the title of FirstUse app in the json is the gesture tutorial.

Is the first use app under a new name in 2.1?

I want to re-add my profile and try out 2.1 in full.
    The Build created by Telcel script doesn't work... for some reason it still detects that is an unsupported phone... I will try to do it without the script... any suggestions Rod?
    Quote Originally Posted by sethyC123 View Post
    Hi, I have a Sprint Pre - and I have run a modified doctor and booted fine.

My problem is that I bypassed the First Use app (Pre isn't currently my primary phone) and it didn't appear in the launcher. I also pulled the app.json to change it to "visible: true" but it already was.

Oddly, the title of FirstUse app in the json is the gesture tutorial.

Is the first use app under a new name in 2.1?

I want to re-add my profile and try out 2.1 in full.
    yes, first use is now "gesture tutorial"... this is the link to the post with the patch i use to activate profile via wifi after bypass:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2800116

This should do it for you. Install to your phone via webos quick install.