That's what FreeTether is for.

M.
    Where can i find free tether?
    PSN
    Twitter
    Palm Centro - Palm/HP Pre+ w/webos 2.1.0
    Quote Originally Posted by techfellow View Post
    In preware under applications. Just search "tether".
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by techfellow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    In preware under applications. Just search "tether".
    You need to turn on the testing feeds first: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
  4.    #924  
    The best answer to any question about freeTether is to point them to:

Application:FreeTether - WebOS Internals

Please folks, use the wiki pages. Update them, and point people to them when they have question.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #925  
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Has anyone gotten this error?

Code:
    File "./scripts/replace-md5sums.py", line 26
    	print "%s *%s" % (md5sums[key], key)
    		     ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    make[1]: *** [build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.patched] Error 1
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    What OS are you running it on? I suspect it's not one of the ones recommended on the Meta-Doctor wiki page.

I've updated the script to be compatible with Python 3. Update meta-doctor and retry.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/24/2011 at 05:08 PM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

Having issues with ./etc/carrierdb

Try deleting your meta-doctor directory and pulling down a fresh version. I've seen that issue before, and can tell you how to work around it if you're comfortable editing the MetaDoctor Makefile.
    Have deleted and redownloaded the meta-doctor
    Have downloded fresh copy of 1.4.5.jar from palm site..

Any amount of troubleshooting is fine.
    Also if someone can tell me where to put castleumtsfw.tar before packing the contents back.
    And it I can add a command in makefile to copy this file from a local source ?
    For use on a Verizon Pre+, has anyone looked into pulling the Mobile Hot Spot from the Verizon Pre2 doctor and including it with the 2.1 meta-doctor?

I definitely want to keep Mobile Hot Spot, and please don't say "just use freetether", it's not the same thing. My regular data plan is 150MB, as I'm almost always on wifi somewhere, so I save $15 a month. The free mobile hot spot plan from verizon is a completely separate 5GB (or was it 2GB? i forget...) allocation of data. I don't use mobile hot spot often, but when I need it I really need it, and it wouldn't take much to go over 150MB. There's also a little loophole wherein when mobile hot spot is enabled, the phone's data usage is counted against the mobile hot spot data allocation rather than the regular allocation. So if I ever am in a situation where I need a bunch of data for the phone, I can just turn on mobile hot spot.

So, I definitely want to move up to 2.1, but I'm not willing to lose mobile hot spot in the bargain. I'm also waiting for an 2.1 Uberkernel release.
  8.    #928  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post

Having issues with ./etc/carrierdb

Have deleted and redownloaded the meta-doctor
    Have downloded fresh copy of 1.4.5.jar from palm site..

Any amount of troubleshooting is fine.
    Also if someone can tell me where to put castleumtsfw.tar before packing the contents back.
    ./etc/carrierdb is only added to that command if you set ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS. Stop doing that.

Run the script as-is and let it do what it needs to do. Don't try and do things manually unless you first understand what the script is doing.

-- Rod
    Yeah.. Disabled # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS=1
    Found this by searching for carrierdb in makefile

ifeq (${ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS},1)
    OLDDIRS += ./etc/carrierdb
    endif

Resolved the issue

where to put castleumtsfw.tar before packing the contents back.
  10.    #930  
    Quote Originally Posted by zeushunt View Post
    Yeah.. Disabled # ADD_EXTRA_CARRIERS=1
    Resolved the issue

where to put castleumtsfw.tar before packing the contents back.
    It would help if you explained why you are diverging from what the script does ...

-- Rod
  11. jhp
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    No, it doesn't.

I forgot that I was running a wee tiny Linux box for a bit, but started looking at message output. This was interesting:
    Code:
     palm-webos user.crit ls-hubd: {ls-hubd.private}: ERROR: "com.palm.provisioning" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "com.palm.app.phoneprefs" (requester pid: 3569, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    That showed up right after I tapped "Cancel PRL Update."

I might need someone with more webOS smarts than I have to help with this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by estockda View Post
    Sorry, I should have been more explicit; turning data on worked with 1.4.5, I don't see update PRL with 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    I had done that at one point, but the problem persisted. I'm re-flashing my phone with AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE disabled.
    So, I was stuck in this same position. Preware wouldn't work for me. So I pulled down the latest from git and redoctored from 2.1 to 2.1 with the only change bing Preware was not included. However, after completing the procedure and logging into my profile, none of my apps were restored. I checked my version on palm.com/profile and it is still listed as 1.40.50. My phone is now rebooting from me trying it again....we shall see what happens this time. Anyone else see this before? Do I need to doctor back to 1.4.5 before going back to 2.1?
    Last edited by rockandchelle; 02/24/2011 at 05:44 PM.
    tried to install Ubuntu 9.10 in virtualbox but at about 25% install I am receiving errno 5 bad cd/dvd. I have searched and found some issues related to ram or bad cd media, but could the .iso file be corrupt? Anyone have some knowledge on this? I doubt it is my ram, I'm an avid pc builder and have memtested it several times.
    Help keep WebOS homebrew alive! Donate to WebOS Internals!

Sprint Pre Plus - WebOS 2.1.0 - F105 Thunderchief Kernel

Einhorn is Finkel! ... Finkel is Einhorn!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    I understand it is

ifeq (${DISABLE_MODEM_UPDATE},1)
    sed -i.orig -e '/ModemUpdater/d' \
    build/${PATIENT}/webOS/installer.xml
    rm -f build/${PATIENT}/webOS/installer.xml.orig
    endif

There is a mentin of castleumtsfw.tar but i cant find the file in the extracted Build

I know it is found in webOS.tar and could have replaced it but dont know how to get everything back to jar
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It would help if you explained why you are diverging from what the script does ...

-- Rod
    I Happen to an unfortunate owner of Rebel SIM so the old castleumtsfw.tar is essential for the working of my phone.

I am unable to get it installed after upgrading to 2.1
    So I was hoping to integrate it in the installation 2.1 jar file itself
    Quote Originally Posted by rockandchelle View Post
    So, I was stuck in this same position. Preware wouldn't work for me. So I pulled down the latest from git and redoctored from 2.1 to 2.1 with the only change bing Preware was not included. However, after completing the procedure and logging into my profile, none of my apps were restored. I checked my version on palm.com/profile and it is still listed as 1.40.50. My phone is now rebooting from me trying it again....we shall see what happens this time. Anyone else see this before? Do I need to doctor back to 1.4.5 before going back to 2.1?
    Ok, my apps are restoring now. This time before re-doctored to 2.1 I went in and turned backups off and erased data.
    I can see webOS.tar unpacked under \resources\ but am unfamiliar with how to put the castleumtsfw.tar file into it

So close yet so far
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    tried to install Ubuntu 9.10 in virtualbox but at about 25% install I am receiving errno 5 bad cd/dvd. I have searched and found some issues related to ram or bad cd media, but could the .iso file be corrupt? Anyone have some knowledge on this? I doubt it is my ram, I'm an avid pc builder and have memtested it several times.
    Hash check your .iso image..
    will there be an easier way than meta doctor to install 2.1? like a doctor?
    Loved 7Zip for once Unpacked copied old castleumtsfw.tar and then packed again to webOS.tar

Tried make pack

Rob Need ur help now