Page 43 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393143 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor1973 View Post
    I modified my Makefile to skip the First Use App (since my Pre- isn't activated on Sprint at the moment) and that worked successfully, as I was able to get in and connect via WiFi. Now, I cannot get the First Use App so that I can sign in to my Palm Profile. Since Preware is installed, I have tried 2 patches that allow me to unhide this icon and they both fail to install (possibly because of the lack of a Palm Profile?). I also tried webOS Quick Install 4.03 and it doesn't recognize my phone (Win 7 64-bit).

What can I do at this point?
    Full erase.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Full erase.
    Full erase and then what? If I flash with the no-first-use-app meta-doctor again, I'll be in the same place again. If I flash with the add-first-use-app meta-doctor, then I won't be able to go past the screen where you need to provide your Palm Profile credentials because I have no WiFi connection. "Full erase" with no other instructions doesn't really help me, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockandchelle View Post
    I am experiencing this same issue. I install preware using palm-install and can immediately use it. However, upon a restart mine shows up like in the above picture. I can then do a palm-install -r to remove it and then reinstall it again, and I can use it fine until the next restart. Any ideas?
    I have this problem too. It is also reverting to this "phantom" installation every time I use Preware to do a Luna restart. Makes patching much less fun.

It does always come back after a simple uninstall/reinstall, and I now have the Preware bootstrap script on my Pre's USB drive.
    Full erase and then what? If I flash with the no-first-use-app meta-doctor again, I'll be in the same place again. If I flash with the add-first-use-app meta-doctor, then I won't be able to go past the screen where you need to provide your Palm Profile credentials because I have no WiFi connection. "Full erase" with no other instructions doesn't really help me, unfortunately.
    You should add your WiFi profile(s) to the webOS doctor you are making. I've seen the instructions posted in this (admittedly very long) thread, but couldn't tell you how to do it. Sorry.
    It does seem like you are stuck. I didn't understand your situation at first. Maybe someone with more insight could help. It doesn't help that the webos-internals site is down too. I was going to search the documentation for some clues.

Wait.... if you don't have the phone activated and no WIFI connection, then it's not possible to bring down the Palm Profile data. Am I missing something?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    You should add your WiFi profile(s) to the webOS doctor you are making. I've seen the instructions posted in this (admittedly very long) thread, but couldn't tell you how to do it. Sorry.
    Yes, I think I saw that somewhere too. I was hoping there would be an easier way to show the First Use app. Seems that's all I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    It does seem like you are stuck. I didn't understand your situation at first. Maybe someone with more insight could help. It doesn't help that the webos-internals site is down too. I was going to search the documentation for some clues.
    No worries. See EdCates' response above. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Yeah, I figured that was the case for anyone building using the scripts. I manually added the sprint carrier tarball from the 1.4.5 doc into my metadoctor. It brings back all the Sprint apps and re-enables PRL and other Sprint settings. It's just that updating PRL returns an error. I have some ideas on how to fix that though.
    Leathal, does Sprint Nav actually work? I had gotten it installed, but it wouldn't run. Once we have a confirmed list of what installs cleanly and works, we could modify the meta-script for Sprint. And any other carriers for which people do testing.
    Yes, I think I saw that somewhere too. I was hoping there would be an easier way to show the First Use app. Seems that's all I need.

Pls let me know what you find. I have the same problem on a Verizon PrePlus.
    See my post for more info (link below)
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2884200
    Quote Originally Posted by Streight_power View Post
    This happened to me once before. It's caused by using meta dr to pre install preware. I fixed by re-doctoring with out that option.
    I used the script for verizon, and as far as I know it did not include Preware (I had to manually install it the first time).
    Leathal, does Sprint Nav actually work? I had gotten it installed, but it wouldn't run. Once we have a confirmed list of what installs cleanly and works, we could modify the meta-script for Sprint. And any other carriers for which people do testing.
    Just tested it. Yes, it works.

When I get back to my dev computer, I'll post a list of the files in my carrier tarball. I kinda mixed-and-matched Sprint & WR since the WR doctor has the voice command files.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockandchelle View Post
    I used the script for verizon, and as far as I know it did not include Preware (I had to manually install it the first time).
    Actually, the scripts are all set with:
    Code:
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1
    Perhaps we should re-evaluate that.

You can either set that to "0" or delete the entire string at the bottom of the script and re-run it to doctor your phone without Preware auto-installing.

When I get back to my dev computer, I'll post a list of the files in my carrier tarball. I kinda mixed-and-matched Sprint & WR since the WR doctor has the voice command files.
    That would be great, thanks.
    Actually, the scripts are all set with:

AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1

Perhaps we should re-evaluate that.

You can either set that to "0" or delete the entire string at the bottom of the script and re-run it to doctor your phone without Preware auto-installing.

The feeds *seem* to be dead right now, so that may explain it as well.

M.
    seems like the entire webos-internals.org site is down with a 500 Internal Server Error. Anyone have Rod's email or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    The feeds *seem* to be dead right now, so that may explain it as well.

M.
    Yeah, I can't get to any webOS Internals web sites. All webosinternals.org and preware.org sites are not coming up for me.

From the Meta Doctor Makefile:
    Code:
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES imports a wifi preferences database file from
    # the user's home directory to the device.  The device will then be
    # set up to use wifi immediately after the webOS Doctor has completed.
    # You must already have copied a correctly configured prefsDB.sl file
    # from the /var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/ directory on the device to
    # ~/.ssh/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl or to ./config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl
    # on your host machine before enabling this feature, or it will cause a 
    # fatal error.
    So if you hook your PC up to a webOS device already configured for your WiFi network, then run the following in your meta-doctor folder:
    Code:
    mkdir config
    novacom get file://var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl > config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl
    and then uncomment the
    Code:
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    line in the meta-doctor Makefile, it should be taken care of.

Thanks Lethal. Look forward to your post. Would it be needed to re doctor or would you think these changes can be made post install?
    From the Meta Doctor Makefile:
    Code:
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES imports a wifi preferences database file from
    # the user's home directory to the device.  The device will then be
    # set up to use wifi immediately after the webOS Doctor has completed.
    # You must already have copied a correctly configured prefsDB.sl file
    # from the /var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/ directory on the device to
    # ~/.ssh/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl or to ./config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl
    # on your host machine before enabling this feature, or it will cause a 
    # fatal error.
    So if you hook your PC up to a webOS device already configured for your WiFi network, then run the following in your meta-doctor folder:
    Code:
    mkdir config
    novacom get file://var/preferences/com.palm.wifi/prefsDB.sl > config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl
    and then uncomment the
    Code:
    # INSTALL_WIFI_PROFILES = 1
    line in the meta-doctor Makefile, it should be taken care of.
    thanks, since I am using the already created Verizon script to create the metadoctor, is there a way to do this afterwards? I can get the file off the preplus from the 1.45 version using internalz.
    I just noticed that my phone thinks I skipped first use but I actually am signed in to my Palm Profile.. hmm. I may "full erase" and see what happens, hopefully I remember to put the masq palm-build-info back in place before I do so.
    Yeah, I can't get to any webOS Internals web sites. All webosinternals.org and preware.org sites are not coming up for me.
    same webos-internals is down. and the forums are going down intermittently aswell