Page 41 of 217 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    ha! Just tried out GPS this morning. Had to go into location services, open app menu, and allow google maps to use GPS data. Also allowed apps to auto locate. G maps is now displaying my location accurately. On 1.4.5 it was saying I was at least a mile east of where I actually was. Now it shows where I really am. Lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostinator View Post
    Incorrect, I have a Pre - on Sprint... Go to the location services icon and enable GPS then go run the GPS fix. IT works perfectly fine after enabling.

Its just not enabled by default
    Haha, wow don't I feel stupid now. Yeah, it seems GPS is working fine once you enable it in Location Services. I didn't think to check since it's usually enabled by default with earlier doctors.

Thanks!

Also, for what it's worth, it looks like we're getting closer to the goal of having the metadoctor roughly equivalent to what an "official" 2.1 Sprint doctor would have likely been.

Feel free to add to this list with things that need to be looked at or are definitely working for you:

1.4.5 Profile Sign-in: working - but will re-enabling Backups break this?
    Flash Support: working - see the other thread
    GPS Support: working - need to enable in Location Services
    Sprint Carrier Apps: working - build metadoc with sprint.tar from 1.4.5 doctor
    PRL/Update Network Settings Support: not working - the options are visible in Phone Prefs, but clicking Update PRL errors out with "Contact Sprint etc etc 1012".

That last one I'm most concerned about looking into today. Either the ipks in the 1.4.5 Sprint tarball don't work properly with 2.1, or something else needs to be replaced in WebOS.tar. Does anyone have PRL updates working?
  3.    #803  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Haha, wow don't I feel stupid now. Yeah, it seems GPS is working fine once you enable it in Location Services. I didn't think to check since it's usually enabled by default with earlier doctors.

Thanks!

Also, for what it's worth, it looks like we're getting closer to the goal of having the metadoctor roughly equivalent to what an "official" 2.1 Sprint doctor would have likely been.

Feel free to add to this list with things that need to be looked at or are definitely working for you:

1.4.5 Profile Sign-in: working - but will re-enabling Backups break this?
    Flash Support: working - see the other thread
    GPS Support: working - need to enable in Location Services
    Sprint Carrier Apps: working - build metadoc with sprint.tar from 1.4.5 doctor
    PRL/Update Network Settings Support: not working - the options are visible in Phone Prefs, but clicking Update PRL errors out with "Contact Sprint etc etc 1012".

That last one I'm most concerned about looking into today. Either the ipks in the 1.4.5 Sprint tarball don't work properly with 2.1, or something else needs to be replaced in WebOS.tar. Does anyone have PRL updates working?
    Please put the list on the wiki page, so that people can update it directly.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Sorry guys, I feel asleep at my computer. But this is the video I made (for Sprint Pre- on Ubuntu)...hope it's helpful. If there are errors/unclear things, let me know, I will try to correct them in captions or something...make sure to read the descriptions...

Part 1:
    Part 2:
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by smknutson View Post
    this is so frustrating. I cannot seem to get java to install on my ubuntu 9.1 VMbox. I've tried various iterations of sudo apt-get install sun-java6-xxx to no avail. I also don't think ubuntu is installed correctly in vmbox. Can someone pm me and help me out? Please don't flame me this'll be my only help a newb post

Why you need java in linux ?

Is needed just to run the finished doctor, you can do this confortably from windows
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  6.    #806  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Sorry guys, I feel asleep at my computer. But this is the video I made (for Sprint Pre- on Ubuntu)...hope it's helpful. If there are errors/unclear things, let me know, I will try to correct them in captions or something...make sure to read the descriptions...

Part 1:
    Part 2:
    *AWESOME* videos. I've featured them on YouTube - webosinternals's Channel

Now that those are up, I can take the night off Thanks malpha!

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/24/2011 at 06:43 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Part 1:
    Part 2:

A girl? AND A Linux user!?? AHHHH!!!!

/me 's head explodes.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1: you're not running the latest version of meta-doctor

2: you've turned on installation of ssh keys without reading the documentation of that option in the Makefile.

3: it's likely you were running the scripts from inside the scripts directory instead of from the meta-doctor directory using the commands on the Wiki page.

-- Rod
    Still receiving this error:

justin@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    rm -rf build
    rm -rf build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar
    ( cd build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5.jar resources/sprint.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS
    tar -C build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS \
    -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/resources/webOS.tar \
    -x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/carrier
    tar -C build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/carrier \
    -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/resources/sprint.tar \
    -x installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs
    tar -C build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    -x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules ./etc/palm-build-info ./md5sums*
    touch build/pre-p100eww-sprint-1.4.5/.unpacked
    rm -rf build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/webOS.tar \
    -x ./nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-roadrunner.uImage ./boot-roadrunner.bin ./roadrunner.xml ./installer.xml
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar \
    -x installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar \
    -x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules ./etc/palm-build-info ./md5sums*
    touch build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked
    rm -rf build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar \
    -x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/wr-castle-plus.tar \
    -x installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.unpacked
    rm -rf build
    [: 3: p101ueude: unexpected operator
    [: 3: 2.1.0: unexpected operator
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/justin/meta-doctor'
    rm -rf build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    cp webOS.tar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar \
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/wr-castle-plus.tar \
    -x installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs --wildcards \
    -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    cp palm-build-info build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/etc/palm-build-info
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.unpacked
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-2.1.0 ]
    make[1]: *** [build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.patched] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/justin/meta-doctor'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
  9.    #809  
    mrjcarter: you still don't have the latest meta-doctor (from over 24h ago)

-- Rod
    Ran wiki metadoctor script on VZW preplus w/o Verizon service

Pressed ##devmode# to get into dev mode.
    Wifi works
    used WOSQI 4.03 to install "bypass activation" patch and Preware. After I ran Preware, WOSQI showed no patches or apps even though preware was clearly running, so I reinstalled them all on WSQI and now they show up.

Gesture tutorial, in any case, was black screen only [w/o patches it turns black for a second and then standard gesture video tutorial runs on wifi but no ability to create a profile either way]

Patches and Apps show up in both Preware and WOSQI.
    [Without profile activation, I ran
    the script for "Restore /etc/palm-build-info" and then only one patch showed up in WOSQI and Preware]

Today, I may able to try this with Verizon activating the phone on someone else's account. It would not do it last night with *228, Verizon required us to call customer service.

If anyone has any ideas for how to enable profile over wifi w/o activating on Verizon, I would love to hear.

edit: As an aside, turning dev mode on and off requires me to restart but I thought this had been changed to not require restart in 2.1?
    Last edited by bluenote; 02/24/2011 at 07:02 AM.
    git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git

will pull the latest version, no?

justin@ubuntu:~$ cd meta-doctor
    justin@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ git pull
    Already up-to-date.
    Last edited by mrjcarter; 02/24/2011 at 07:07 AM.
    a video tutorial for mac os x would be lovely. i'm using my pre in south korea as just a glorified alarm clock/web browser, so a 2.1 upgrade would be nice
  13.    #813  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git

will pull the latest version, no?

justin@ubuntu:~$ cd meta-doctor
    justin@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ git pull
    Already up-to-date.
    You should find a patches/webos-2.1.0 directory in that checkout.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GLAzedFAith View Post
    I would definitely recommend the Cygwin route, as until now I've had zero problems.
    Agreed. If you are considering taking the plunge and you are a Windows user, Cygwin is the easiest route. It is simple to setup and you can access the files from Explorer and Cygwin simultaneously.
    You totally made my train ride to work!!!

Part 1: [url= - How To Install webOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre Using Meta-Doctor on Ubuntu (Part 1/2)[/url]
    Part 2: [url= - How To Install webOS 2.1 on a Sprint Pre Using Meta-Doctor on Ubuntu (Part 2/2)[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Please put the list on the wiki page, so that people can update it directly.

-- Rod
    This page?

I just added some info, but that page kinda seems like it's aimed squarely at those using the metadoctor scripts. It's unlikely that anyone who followed those instructions even has a PRL Update button since (afaikafaikafaik $from$ $yesterday$'$s$ $git$ $pull$) $the$ $scripts$ $don$'$t$ $import$ $carrier$ $tars$ $yet$ ($and$ $probably$ *$shouldn$'$t$* $until$ $we$ $figure$ $out$ $what$'$s$ $going$ $on$ $with$ $Network$/$PRL$ $errors$).

I know there's a couple people posting in this thread who are a little ahead of the curve and are building their own metadocs from "scratch" so to speak.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    "novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed"

How long does this step usually take?
    Quote Originally Posted by dasbigl View Post
    "novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed"

How long does this step usually take?
    was near instant for me.
    Rod or any other linux guru, what happens when it errors out at this:

make: *** No rule to make target 'clobber'. Stop.
    make: *** No rule to make target 'unpack'. Stop.
    I've never run into this error before when using make, I'm running Arch Linux btw.
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Nice find. Help app isn't working for me either. It shows the intro page, but no other pages load. Probably an easy .ipk fix.
    On my Sprint Pre-, Help itself works, but the "Tips" and "Articles" sections of Help appear to have no content (yet?).