Page 4 of 217 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    re-doctoring with skipping first-use app
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    flashed my o2 german palm pre in germany. created new profile... now restarting...
    on the page about location... it said navigation, maps and camera are using location service.
    camera uses location service??? did i miss something in the changelogs about webos 2.x ?
    hm gesture tutorial.
    phone seams to work (o2-de is in the left corner)
    camera uses it for GeoTagging
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    In this case it should not be a problem. However, you might need to create a new palm profile (Calendar and other stuff will be lost!) as it seems that ppl have problems logging into their old ones :-/ That's a deal breaker for me since I've bought a few Apps, but if you only have the free ones...
    That's my issue I don't want a new profile. I like my current one - :P
    Simple Tip Calc http://bit.ly/cdcJIu Review http://bit.ly/a9edpu & World Cup Flags http://bit.ly/daOoeJ
    So what do I need to do to make this work on a VZW Pre Plus? I don't mind setting up a new profile. I like to start fresh, I just want to use my same e-mail address for my profile.
    Simple Tip Calc http://bit.ly/cdcJIu Review http://bit.ly/a9edpu & World Cup Flags http://bit.ly/daOoeJ
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    flashed my o2 german palm pre in germany. created new profile... now restarting...
    on the page about location... it said navigation, maps and camera are using location service.
    camera uses location service??? did i miss something in the changelogs about webos 2.x ?
    hm gesture tutorial.
    phone seams to work (o2-de is in the left corner)
    can you please post a recipe? Which doctor version? Which makefile line?
    Quote Originally Posted by tsaunders View Post
    So what do I need to do to make this work on a VZW Pre Plus? I don't mind setting up a new profile. I like to start fresh, I just want to use my same e-mail address for my profile.
    +1 ... I want the custom firmware too... as long as anything works.. I don't mind make another profile...
    Quote Originally Posted by taohansen View Post
    Using Cygwin to meta-doctor AT&T Pre+. It has a Danish SIM in it, let's see what happens post doctor.
    Okay, it's all working and pretty fluidly. Can't install certain apps like Carbon.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bhurling View Post
    can you please post a recipe? Which doctor version? Which makefile line?
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    because i don't need to skip carrier since i am on wr (o2)
    doctor version: latest 2.1.0 for preplus

all in all seams to work but is a little bit slow (scrolling).
    it needs definetly OC kernel

on every paid app it says: No application found.
    so only free apps visible in app catalog
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Here's to hoping someone with an activated Sprint Pre - tries this out. See if data/cell works.
    +100 here is hoping
    success with skipping first use app. Data and GPS working fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by taohansen View Post
    Okay, it's all working and pretty fluidly. Can't install certain apps like Carbon.
    Since Carbon is currently free, you should be able to use the ipk fetcher to pull it down and install it. Make sure and read the instructions for the ipk fetcher.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    So do I understand correct that my Palm Pre Plus (GSM) from 02 Germany with the new 2.1.0 HP webOS on it (and used a new profile) will have to wait for palm to change stuff for my old profile to work with the already bought apps again ???
    I would try it on my Sprint Pre-, but it's my only phone and only dev device... :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Here's to hoping someone with an activated Sprint Pre - tries this out. See if data/cell works.
    Based on the firmware version in the pic of CC1.6 (Rod's screencap) I would suspect that the phone radio will not work. In fact it would be very much like the Sprint Pre 2 conversions with only publicly available tools prior to the VZW Dr. release.

So, Sprint Pre- users... be very wary of reports of success with this Dr. There may well be some folks posting here in a bit that report success. They may have taken steps prior to the install of this version that make it possible.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    on every paid app it says: No application found.
    so only free apps visible in app catalog
    Did you have paid apps in version 1.4.5?
    Check out Movie Diary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    success with skipping first use app. Data and GPS working fine.
    Are you using your current profile, and do paid app downloads work?
    What doesn't work at this point?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    i wish i understood any of this ha (noob)
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    Didn't work for me. WebOSDoctor says that the version is not compatible to my device. I have a Pre- from O2 Germany and used this doctor

My fault: Didn't use the patched Doctor...
    Last edited by bhurling; 02/22/2011 at 09:21 AM.
    Dieter:

Any way you could try signing into your profile on a Pre 2 (already running 2.0)? Then after it's been converted to a 2.0-style profile, sign in on the ATT + running 2.1? Possibility of getting around the profile failures?