Page 34 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    This is probably a dumb question, but is there no way to use save/restore to get back some of the things lost when Backup is turned off?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    What I think will suck is when facebook releases its 2.0 app with chatting, us 2.x hack0rs won't be able to get it from the app catalog since it will likly be 2.0 only
    I'm a bit confused about this. From what I understand, by masq'ing as 1.4.5, you can get access to the App Catalog. After having gained access once, you can then replace /etc/palm/build-info with the unmasq'ed 2.1 version, which would therefore allow you to download any 2.x apps from the Catalog; is that not correct?

It seems that the kinks are quickly getting ironed out of this (unless there's more to do that I've missed discussion on, as this thread's moving so quickly?), and it's now relatively straightforward - when's this sort of stuff likely to be considered non-alpha and ready for the masses who are a bit nervous about the alpha status?
    OH YES. To anyone who can't get text messages or calling to work. I spent all day looking for a fix.

On Verizon, dial *228, press send, and press 1 and wait. This is the phone activation.
    Huzzah!

Yes, I feel dumb for not trying this earlier. But text messages now go through, calls go through, everything on 2.1.0 now works except for apps that require 2.0+ minimum.

I'm rockin' 2.1.0 and I ain't goin' back!

EDIT: I'd like to add that you must have 1.7 CDMA firmware installed.
    Last edited by fxspec06; 02/23/2011 at 04:03 PM. Reason: 1.7
    ran script for verizon on preplus
    am not seeing patches in preware
    phone is in devmode and wifi (no profile yet as I do not have carrier, was hoping to install first use patch but can't find it)

WOSQI identifies device as Palm pre running webos 2.1.0 nova-WR-Castle
    Modem type version 1.01.9
    Ran the script (On my Sprint Pre) and everything went fine except I got stuck on the Activation Error screen. Any help?
  6.    #666  
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    ... discussion of warez ...
    I would ask that you to desist from and delete such posts, or you will be removed from this thread completely.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    =/ freeteather has always given me issues and i refuse to use it ever again...i have the patched mobil hotspot that worked on 1.4.5 anyone know if it works?
    I think you're thinking of the old My Tether. FreeTether works like a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by aurrun View Post
    Ran the script and everything went fine except I got stuck on the Activation Error screen. Any help?
    At least I'm not the only one with this issue.. Sprint Pre-?
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Just wondering if there is a script yet for the Bell Palm Pre? I might try and flash this when I get home.
    Quote Originally Posted by schlub View Post
    At least I'm not the only one with this issue.. Sprint Pre-?
    Yea, I am going to retry with the script to see if I did something wrong.
  11.    #671  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    I'm a bit confused about this. From what I understand, by masq'ing as 1.4.5, you can get access to the App Catalog. After having gained access once, you can then replace /etc/palm/build-info with the unmasq'ed 2.1 version, which would therefore allow you to download any 2.x apps from the Catalog; is that not correct?

It seems that the kinks are quickly getting ironed out of this (unless there's more to do that I've missed discussion on, as this thread's moving so quickly?), and it's now relatively straightforward - when's this sort of stuff likely to be considered non-alpha and ready for the masses who are a bit nervous about the alpha status?
    When we see the majority of posts to this thread being success stories instead of problems or questions.

-- Rod
  12.    #672  
    Quote Originally Posted by drvon View Post
    Just wondering if there is a script yet for the Bell Palm Pre? I might try and flash this when I get home.
    I may be able to create one on the bus to work this morning.

-- Rod
    First off I would like to say thankyou to everyone who made this work, especially Rod for everything he does, and Edcates for getting the script going for the sprint pres.

I have a sprint pre- and everything is working great. The only problem I'm having is with switching the palm-build-info. I placed the unmasqed file in the usb partition and I'm trying to use novaterm to copy to /etc/. With Malpha's help I thought I finally had it, but novaterm kept telling me that /etc/ was a read only file and couldn't be overwritten.

This seems like it should be soo simple which makes it that much more frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if its just an arrow to the right thread for some homework.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    This seems like it should be soo simple which makes it that much more frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated, even if its just an arrow to the right thread for some homework.
    / is mounted read only

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    then do the copy

then

Code:
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJBlauw View Post
    With Malpha's help I thought I finally had it, but novaterm kept telling me that /etc/ was a read only file and couldn't be overwritten.
    just execute

mount -n -o remount,rw / /

before copying the file.
    Alright guys. I have instructions I just gave to some guy via PM, and sent to another guy via email. I'm not sure how to go about editing the Wiki. Also, not sure if my instructions are up to par with what one would expect. I believe they're pretty clear. Someone leme know if this is helpful to them, and/or if I should post to Wiki:

Code:
    These instructions assume you're trying to get WebOS 2.1.0 on your Verizon Pre+. This method has not been tested for any other phone, nor is guaranteed to work. I will not assume any responsibility if your phone or your palm profile is damaged after these instructions. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

Basically, the new script Rod posted today simplifies everything.

All you need to do is make sure you have meta-doctor installed properly, and have the latest version of it. To check this navigate to meta-doctor/scripts and see if the file meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 is there. If it isn't, delete your current meta-doctor folder and run the git command from terminal. If it is, here is the command to create your doctor

./scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0

That's all you'll need. This script downloads all 3 jars you need and grabs certain files and builds them into the doctor. It also contains the upgraded CDMA firmware.

Once the build completes, you need to find the new .jar located in meta-doctor/builds and copy that to your shared virtualbox folder.

In order for your palm profile to correctly load, you will need to make sure you go into the backup application while running 1.4.5 and erase all your backups. This will unlink your accounts when you log back in, but all your applications (including paid apps) will appear.

Now you're ready to doctor. Turn off your phone, run the new doctor in windows and press next until it says connect your phone, connect usb cable, then connect phone to usb cable while holding 'up' volume key. Then it should show usb charging icon, release up volume key and press next. Then let the doctor run its course.

While you are doctoring, you will need to put the 'palm-build-info-unmasqed' file from the meta-doctor folder onto your phone. To do this, copy that file into your shared virtualbox folder. If you haven't yet installed novacom, download it from Palm website and install per instructions. Once that is complete, you need to copy the unmasqed file to 'c:/program files/palm/sdk/bin'. it may be program files(x86) if you are running 64 bit.

After doctor completes, phone will reboot. Continue through the activation process, logging into your palm profile. After the profile loads, you will get a prompt to restart your phone. Don't restart yet.

Click start, run cmd and enter these three lines of code:
    novacom run file://usr/sbin/rootfs_open -t
    novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed
    novacom run file://sbin/reboot

This will reboot your phone. When phone loads you will be back to the profile screen, and you have no choice but to reboot again. After that, you're done. 

If you notice text messaging is not working, and/or you cannot make phone calls, then you need to run the phone app, dial *228 and press send, press 1, and wait. After activation completes, you should be able to make calls and send/receive text messages.

Congratulations.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I may be able to create one on the bus to work this morning.

-- Rod
    thanks that would be very cool!
    No luck after retrying the Sprint Palm Pre script as I am still getting stuck at the Activation screen. Anyone know what is wrong (ran the script twice)?
    Just wondering, is there any specific reason that the scripts won't pull the entire contents from your carrier tarball?

I mean, are there any issues (legal or otherwise) with the scripts for example pulling all of the apps from my Sprint.tar, and then taking the newer Verizon modem firmware, and combining the two?
  20. Fuu
    $ novaterm
    $ rm /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/installHistory.db
    $ reboot
    doesnt work to fix preware installation.
    @rod
    AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1 didnt work, now after every reboot Preware installation is corrupt.
    is it possible to remove Preware or to fix installation?
    it is not listed at /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications
    but icon still exists..