Page 32 of 217 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 640 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #621  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    Can someone point me to instructions for moving the palm-build-info-unmasqed file to /etc/ on my Pre+? Should I just edit the existing file?
    You can edit the existing file with a vi or just overwrite it, would you mind posting the contents of the palm-build-info unmasqed file? Thanks
  2. #622  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiefboyjbm View Post
    Could someone please post the un-masqueraded palm-build-info config?


    Thanks
    it's sitting inside the rootfs folder in the freely available doctors, and alternatively if you ran the 2.1 metadoctor scripts it's in the root of your meta-doctor folder. I think posting the contents of the file is on the wrong side of the grey area that this whole process is

    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    Can someone point me to instructions for moving the palm-build-info-unmasqed file to /etc/ on my Pre+? Should I just edit the existing file?
    a fairly easy way is to connect in USB mode and copy it to your Pre+, then using novaterm copy it from /media/internal/ to /etc/
  3. #623  
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    people with pre+ on o2-de (germany) who are the only one who should get this update can't log into their 1.4.5 accounts... it just gives error on activation with old profile...

    and there is still no fix from HPalm or o2... that sux.

    so the only way for o2-de pre+ users is to create new profile or flash-back to 1.4.5 and wait till the "doctored doctor" is released
    I can't second this.
    O2 Pre-
    1. as said here: switch backup off
    2. as said here: create a webosdoctor with device version check off
    3. run that webosdoctor
    it stoped at 82% as I did not have a simcard in it (primary phone is now an android one, could stand the poor palm hardware)
    4. inserted a o2 simcard, activate my palm account

    app catalog started now to reinstall all apps, including angry birds and all other stuff

    5. set up wifi, to get a bit off a download rate :-)

    while writing these words ... placed it on the stone ... and ""$"% it reboots... man this sucks ... another reason the new phone was an android one... which even boots much faster...

    minutes later it tries to reinstall the rest off the apps and it shows updates allready.

    So, I will have to wait some time all the apps are being reinstalled, and then preware is the next point on the list.

    If you don't mind to take the NON-ZERO Chance to brick it :-) go for it
  4. #624  
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    Well the reason MPR and others have moved to "2.x only" app catalog access is because of people with 1.4.5 seeing the apps, ignoring the all caps warnings in the app descriptions, buying them, and then demanding refunds. If I was them I definitely wouldn't want to go back just to gain the support of the alpha testers.

    +1 for Koto though.. changed my life.
    If Palm would modify things to allow for automatic 24 hour return policy would resolve this issue... that's one of the best features on Android. Given their experience with platform fragmentation and the problems that can cause in an application catalog it only makes sense to follow the leader in this way.
  5. #625  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    Can someone point me to instructions for moving the palm-build-info-unmasqed file to /etc/ on my Pre+? Should I just edit the existing file?
    [QUOTE=suburban_war;2882894]it's sitting inside the rootfs folder in the freely available doctors, and alternatively if you ran the 2.1 metadoctor scripts it's in the root of your meta-doctor folder. I think posting the contents of the file is on the wrong side of the grey area that this whole process is [QUOTE]


    Rod has posted older versions in other threads...

    Oh well, I just didn't want to have to download the DR again, as I am on my work machine now.
  6. #626  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    If Palm would modify things to allow for automatic 24 hour return policy would resolve this issue... that's one of the best features on Android. Given their experience with platform fragmentation and the problems that can cause in an application catalog it only makes sense to follow the leader in this way.
    It would be even easier to release webos 2 for every phone.
    The community of non-paid programmers and users showed that it worked,anyone at hpalm may resolve our issues even faster and more comfortable,without masqing and metaing.
    That is one of the flaws of android:so many devices,so many different versions.
  7. #627  
    Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but searching this thread just leads to a 504 error for me..

    I successfully flashed my Sprint Pre- using meta-doctor and the included shell script, but once the phone boots it displays an activation error.

    'You may need to activate your phone by going to' but the line after that is blank and my HEX MEID is displayed below.. tried doctoring twice with no change.. ideas?
  8. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #628  
    anyone know of the mobile hotspot can be pulled from the verizon dr and put onto the sprint pre?
  9. robnhl's Avatar
    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #629  
    Quote Originally Posted by kiefboyjbm View Post
    You can edit the existing file with a vi or just overwrite it, would you mind posting the contents of the palm-build-info unmasqed file? Thanks
    PRODUCT_VERSION_STRING=HP webOS 2.1.0
    BUILDNAME=Nova-WR-Castle
    BUILDNUMBER=284
    BUILDTIME=20110201174152
    BUILDMARK=396114
    kiefboyjbm likes this.
  10. #630  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    anyone know of the mobile hotspot can be pulled from the verizon dr and put onto the sprint pre?
    No. Just install Preware and use the freeTether app.
  11. #631  
    I been trying to get the sprint nav app installed on my sprint pre, but im not getting much luck. I copied the .ipk files to the media directory then proceeded to try and install from preware and preware appears to install but the app doesn't showup in launcher. Rebooted Luna and still nothing.

    Im using;
    com.telenav.app.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk
    com.telenav.sprintnavigation_1.0.0-76_armv7.ipk

    I've also tried to run WebOS QuickInstall 4.03 but it reports no devices found. If I run an older version of WebOS QuickInstall it finds the device but (my guess since I have 2.x) it fails to install.

    Any recommendations?
  12. #632  
    Quote Originally Posted by suburban_war View Post
    Well the reason MPR and others have moved to "2.x only" app catalog access is because of people with 1.4.5 seeing the apps, ignoring the all caps warnings in the app descriptions, buying them, and then demanding refunds. If I was them I definitely wouldn't want to go back just to gain the support of the alpha testers.

    +1 for Koto though.. changed my life.
    I agree, but Dan said if enough people asked, he would try to put it in the web feeds marked as 1.4.5, so people who wants these apps should ask.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  13. #633  
    Quote Originally Posted by Klownicle View Post
    I been trying to get the sprint nav app installed on my sprint pre, but im not getting much luck. I copied the .ipk files to the media directory then proceeded to try and install from preware and preware appears to install but the app doesn't showup in launcher or as installed apps under preware. Rebooted Luna and still nothing.

    I've also tried to run WebOS QuickInstall 4.03 but it reports no devices found. If I run an older version of WebOS QuickInstall it finds the device but (my guess since I have 2.x) it fails to install.

    Any recommendations?
    Did you restart the device? It didn't show up for me until after I restarted.

    If it still doesn't show up, the other method is to move it to your USB directory and install it using novaterm, like so:

    $ novaterm
    $ mount -o rw,remount /
    $ ipkg install /media/internal/nameofthe.ipk
    There are two files related to sprint nav...I installed the one that didn't say app first and then the second, which told me a bunch of files were already installed.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  14. #634  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    anyone know of the mobile hotspot can be pulled from the verizon dr and put onto the sprint pre?
    use google, as it is less than legal... or just use freetether, which is legit.
  15. d0u8l3m's Avatar
    Posts
    196 Posts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    #635  
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Stice View Post
    No. Just install Preware and use the freeTether app.
    =/ freeteather has always given me issues and i refuse to use it ever again...i have the patched mobil hotspot that worked on 1.4.5 anyone know if it works?
  16. Fuu
    Fuu is offline
    Fuu's Avatar
    Posts
    43 Posts
    #636  
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    try to delete it and reinstall using WOSQI again (use 3rd button and type Preware) I did so and it works since yesterday mid-day
    just reinstalled,
    one reboot and it wont work again.
  17. #637  
    Quote Originally Posted by NpManny View Post
    =/ freeteather has always given me issues and i refuse to use it ever again...i have the patched mobil hotspot that worked on 1.4.5 anyone know if it works?
    Last I heard it didn't work, and we're not going to go into how you might be able to get it to work in here. Either try to see if freeTether is working better for you now, or do some digging yourself/elsewhere.
  18. dasbigl's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #638  
    Quote Originally Posted by robnhl View Post
    Assuming your using Windows, you need to start/stop the Palm Novacom service. You can do that via :

    start>run>services.msc
    Find Palm Novacom. Right click to stop.
    Wait for the Dr. to fail, click OK to retry
    (Going from memory here) I think you need to click OK one more time, then while Dr. is looking for your Pre right click and start the Palm Novacom service.

    Often, the Dr. thinks it needs to charge my Pre. The above process resovles that, too.
    hmmm doesn't seem to fix the issue....
  19. #639  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    just reinstalled,
    one reboot and it wont work again.
    You don't really "uninstall" WOSQI.... isn't it just a jar file? I still can't get it to see my Sprint Pre webOS 2.1 (using 4.03).

    PS. Restarting after installing Sprint Nav worked. Thanks!
  20. #640  
    you need to be in developer mode correct? are you?

Posting Permissions