Page 3 of 217 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Boopop's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    #41  
    Running on an O2 Pre - using the Tesco Mobile network (runs on O2's signal still), in the UK. Very tempted to join in with you all in trying this on my phone but I think I'll give it a few days to wait until the best method is found. Keep up the good work!
  2. #42  
    Out of curiosity, will the app catalog block phones with a carrier/OS combination it doesn't recognize?
  3. #43  
    Attempting to sign into an existing Palm Profile
    Data Not Restored

    We were unable to restore your data. Please wait a few minutes and try again.

    If you need help, visit palm.com/support/.

    [Try Again]
    Failed twice now.
  4. #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBunman View Post
    Runs like a charm on german o2 pre-
    problems with paid apps and profile are present :/

    Data connection and phoning works perfectly.
    Did you have paid apps before and does it run on O2 Germany? Honestly, I don't want to miss out on Angry Birds etc...
  5. #45  
    Using Cygwin to meta-doctor AT&T Pre+. It has a Danish SIM in it, let's see what happens post doctor.
  6. #46  
    I have recently bought a new factory unlocked palm pre- in the netherlands (qwerty gsm version). Could i put the WebOS 2 doctor on this phone? I allready have problems buying apps (not possible in the Netherlands)
  7. #47  
    can someone post the a short howto for a german o2 pre? Can't wait to try this!
  8. #48  
    Created new Palm Profile.

    stuck on first-run app, frozen after tapping "Enable Auto Locate" button. AT&T Pre +
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Attempting to sign into an existing Palm Profile


    Failed twice now.
    sounds like the verizon 9.9.9 bug they were running into on the sprint pre2 hack, you'll probly need to use the same fix they found, change that palm file in etc to show that you are on verison 1.4.5
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasse View Post
    I have recently bought a new factory unlocked palm pre- in the netherlands (qwerty gsm version). Could i put the WebOS 2 doctor on this phone? I allready have problems buying apps (not possible in the Netherlands)
    In this case it should not be a problem. However, you might need to create a new palm profile (Calendar and other stuff will be lost!) as it seems that ppl have problems logging into their old ones :-/ That's a deal breaker for me since I've bought a few Apps, but if you only have the free ones...
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Attempting to sign into an existing Palm Profile


    Failed twice now.
    same here on my Palm Pre Plus from O2 Germany in the Netherlands,time settings are of
    so wont let me set back my old 1.4.5. profile ???
  12.    #52  
    Note that profile problems are to be expected, since the combination of non-ROW carriers and webOS 2.1.0 is not one that the profile server would be set up to recognise, so you get a webOS version of 9.9.9 in palm.com/palmprofile as a result.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. #53  
    Hello TheBunman

    which "make DEVICE=..." line did you use?

    I edit the Makefile to allow the newer Version for pre and moved the .jar to webosdoctorp100ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that profile problems are to be expected, since the combination of non-ROW carriers and webOS 2.1.0 is not one that the profile server would be set up to recognise, so you get a webOS version of 9.9.9 in palm.com/palmprofile as a result.

    -- Rod
    Tsk, that must be what is making it freeze on the Auto Locate screen. My profile definitely says 9.9.9 on palm.com/profile.

    Hard resetting and trying again with another new profile....
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Tsk, that must be what is making it freeze on the Auto Locate screen. My profile definitely says 9.9.9 on palm.com/profile.

    Hard resetting and trying again with another new profile....
    or maybe I should re-doctor and skip the activation screens?
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    Did you have paid apps before and does it run on O2 Germany? Honestly, I don't want to miss out on Angry Birds etc...
    I didn't have paid apps. But there are none listed in the appstore.
  17. SashoDikov
    SashoDikov's Avatar
    #57  
    Dieter, the problem is elsewhere as i too have 9.9.9 on the new 2.1 profile on my gsm+.

    What i noticed when i went in to check if my old profile still is my device was gone from palm.com/palmprofile, does it mean there is no turning back to it ?
  18. #58  
    Copied from comments on article
    I have also doctored my Palm Pre Plus O2 with the o2 Germany jar from the forum link.

    IT WORKS!!!

    CAVEAT: profile data cannot be restored! Setting up a new Palm Profile does work, as does everything else so far. It'll pull my Google Contacts, Calendar and Mail all right,
    here it comes:
    and I will reset it again once I hear HPalm fixes profile restoration, to get my apps and other settings.
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that profile problems are to be expected, since the combination of non-ROW carriers and webOS 2.1.0 is not one that the profile server would be set up to recognise, so you get a webOS version of 9.9.9 in palm.com/palmprofile as a result.

    -- Rod
    So this wouldn't be something that can be solved with the FrankenPre2 fix? (eg: editing /etc/palm-build-info)
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    So this wouldn't be something that can be solved with the FrankenPre2 fix? (eg: editing /etc/palm-build-info)
    If Palm does not fix it on the profile server, that would be the next avenue of experimentation.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions