Page 25 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575125 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You may be able to get 1.4.5 apps, but not apps that are marked 2.0.0 as the minimum version (there are less than 5 such apps in existence).

Who knows what the future may bring? I don't make promises like HP

-- Rod
    Ah, excellent point

Thanks for the information.
    You'll find a palm-build-info-unmasqed file, which needs to be copied to /etc/palm-build-info on the device and then reboot.

Good to see the script worked flawlessly for you.

-- Rod
    Nice, sounds like lots of progress made overnight. The script sounds really good. Great work by all.

I am going to go see if this kind of thing is ready for the Sprint Pre 2 conversion now.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  3.    #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Hey Ron. I modified the script slightly, but I can't seem to execute. (??) I run the script and terminal is saying 'Cannot find jar. Please install it.' I must be doing something silly wrong.
    Compare it against the one I just wrote:

meta-doctor/scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 is ready for brave alpha testers who are prepared in case their device is wiped and their profile is destroyed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  4.    #484  
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    Resetting the device for using the First Use App. Will use my old profile.

Is everything legal what I've done?
    Everything in this thread is legal.

Anything that is not, I viciously delete for breach of thread policy.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Compare it against the one I just wrote:

meta-doctor/scripts/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 is ready for brave alpha testers who are prepared in case their device is wiped and their profile is destroyed.

-- Rod
    Ah I see you beat me to it. Figures lol. I'll compare when I get back, they're probably similar. I'll also give it a whirl and let you know how it works.
    You can try the new meta-doctor/scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0 script if you are brave and are prepared in case it wipes your device and destroys your profile ...

-- Rod
    I get this:
    Code:
    $ ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0
    which: no jar in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common
    Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files
    /Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:
    /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell
    /v1.0/:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Live/Shared:/cygdrive/c/Program F
    iles (x86)/Scrivener/aspell:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Scrivener/aspell/bin
    )
    Cannot find jar.  Please install it.
    Okay,that is odd.
    I reflashed my pre with 1.4.5,but in first-use-app its setting language like forever and is not comming to an end.Any advice?
    Restore the correct palm-build-info file after logging into the profile, and reset the device.

Check out meta-doctor/scripts/meta-*-2.1.0 too.

-- Rod
    I tried that last night in IRC and still no dice.

Heard any reports from people who were unable to restore their Palm Profile until deleting their backups off the server?

Oh btw, I'm slowly attempting to pull Flash out of another 2.0 doctor and get it working. Is that kosher to talk about? I'm not sure what the licensing restrictions are on a third-party binary like that.
  9.    #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by taohansen View Post
    I get this:
    Code:
    $ ./scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0
    which: no jar in (/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/cygdrive/c/Program Files/Common
    Files/Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Common Files
    /Microsoft Shared/Windows Live:/cygdrive/c/Windows/system32:/cygdrive/c/Windows:
    /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/Wbem:/cygdrive/c/Windows/System32/WindowsPowerShell
    /v1.0/:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Windows Live/Shared:/cygdrive/c/Program F
    iles (x86)/Scrivener/aspell:/cygdrive/c/Program Files (x86)/Scrivener/aspell/bin
    )
    Cannot find jar.  Please install it.
    Fixed.

-- Rod
  10.    #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Oh btw, I'm slowly attempting to pull Flash out of another 2.0 doctor and get it working. Is that kosher to talk about? I'm not sure what the licensing restrictions are on a third-party binary like that.
    If it's a legally obtained publicly released (not leaked by someone breaking an NDA) doctor from HP, and it's not in a carrier tarball from a different carrier to the one your contract is with, then there's no problem - it's a webOS device.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    No, it's not kosher.
  12.    #492  
    Second day finished for me. Have fun alpha testing the new meta-doctor meta-scripts.

-- Rod
  13.    #493  
    Second day finished for me. Have fun alpha testing the new meta-doctor meta-scripts.

-- Rod
  14. Fuu
    German o2 Pre- on o2:
    (used VirtualBox Ubuntu 10.10 on Windows 7 64bit)

create file using
    "make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1 clobber all"

Doc didnt find phone, so
    pull battery
    keep volume-up button pushed
    plug in usb cable
    add battery
    -> Pre was recognized by doctor.

Update went without Problems.
    Used my original Palm Profile.
    everything worked fine.
    all Files on USB Partition remained on Phone
    palm.com/palmprofile says Palm Pre UMTS (O2 Germany), OS Version 2.1.0
    new vpn option in device menu
    Preware is NOT installed although I used "AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1"
    reinstalled a ton of apps (also AngryBirds etc.), took SOME!! time.
    can view Voice Memos in the App Catalog
    bought Preware Homebrew Documentation :-)

some screenshots:

everything fine, THANKS A LOT!
    now waiting for kernel and need a patch to change "Einfach lostippen..." OMG.
    already missing my old launcher, OpenSSH, Internalz, ...

really takes some time........
    would it be possible to get a master list of known bugs/issues with doing this to the different device/carrier combinations?

my concern is that little things that don't get tested, or are not considered 'important' to some, don't get mentioned and someone like myself winding up having to doctor back.

ie: with the leaked version you could buy paid apps. my job (which my phone is for) calls for me to use RSS feeds to stay on top of important IT security news (as well as other things. I bought newsroom because, lets face it the free RSS readers apps are not not nearly as awesome as newsroom. To lose the ability to do that, would cause headaches to say the least. I'm aware there are ways around it - I'm just concerned about being prepared to go through the work arounds. Another issue would be alarms not working correctly.

If there already is a master list please just send me a link

I know you guys have put in a LOT of work for this, and I thank you very much. Hopefully this is not asking too much, and if it is then by all means please stick to what is most important
    @Fuu:
    Do you have Flash on your Pre Minus?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuu View Post
    German o2 Pre- on o2:
    (used VirtualBox Ubuntu 10.10 on Windows 7 64bit)

create file using
    "make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1 clobber all"

Doc didnt find phone, so
    pull battery
    keep volume-up button pushed
    plug in usb cable
    add battery
    -> Pre was recognized by doctor.

Update went without Problems.
    Used my original Palm Profile.
    everything worked fine.
    all Files on USB Partition remained on Phone
    palm.com/palmprofile says Palm Pre UMTS (O2 Germany), OS Version 2.1.0
    new vpn option in device menu
    Preware is NOT installed although I used "AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE=1"
    reinstalled a ton of apps (also AngryBirds etc.), took SOME!! time.
    can view Voice Memos in the App Catalog
    bought Preware Homebrew Documentation :-)

some screenshots:

everything fine, THANKS A LOT!
    now waiting for kernel and need a patch to change "Einfach lostippen..." OMG.
    already missing my old launcher, OpenSSH, Internalz, ...

really takes some time........
    Can you post the link to the doctor you used?Because im allways getting the old one,with the profile issue.
    I'll need to try this out on my completely under-utilized AT&T Pre Plus. Might be good to finally use it as a dev device, rather than as a paper-weight. :/
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    Okay,so,i cant login with my new profile anymore,after i had verified it.Works on palm.com/profile,still showing the 9.9.9,but it is not accepted by my pre anymore.
    Cant create a new profile either,with another email and so on.
    Im creating a doctor with skip first use now.

-- Rod
    Can someone answer if I could run the vzw script without having VZW phone service? I have a preplus from ebay with someone else's profile previously used with Verizon so I would be looking to put a new profile on the phone using wireless for now although I may sign up for VZW later.