Page 24 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474124 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Sorry if this is redundant but I haven't seen too much about this in the thread: what needs to be done for a U.S. AT&T Pre+ in order to get it operational? Has anyone gotten theirs fully functional yet?
    Edit: I'm not asking for a doctor, just some guidelines on how to get it working.
  2.    #462  
    Any posts asking other people to redistribute proprietary software (such as a custom webOS Doctor) will be removed.

All items in this thread are in alpha testing status. You either understand how to create them yourself (so you can truly participate in the alpha testing) or you wait.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    First Doc was succesful, but I forgot to disable the first use app. Now doctored the second time and it's booting up. Will use a test profile for the first steps. Thanks everyone here for your help! I will report how it works.

Anyone here who is going back to webOS 1.4.5?
    I've written a rough step by step guide starting from nearly the beginning in German. Works good for me. Although I have minor problems => doctoring again.

Forum de Luxx - Einzelnen Beitrag anzeigen - [FAQ] Palm Pre Sammelthread & FAQ

@rwhitby: Hopefully this will solve my problem with Preware. Won't let it install Preware right after doctoring now *fingerscrossed*
    so, now i'm on WebOS 2.1.0 on my Pre (-).

My makefile options:
    - ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE
    - AUTO_INSTALL_PREWARE
    - ENABLE_TESTING_FEEDS
    - REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK

i used my main-profile.

All went smooth and it feels snappier than 1.4.5!

Thanks a lot HP, o2, and all guys from webos-internals.org, meta-doctor and WebOSQuickInstall (used for backing up my contacts)
    Everything is English at my Pre Minus. I skipped the First Use App. Can I put the device onto german?
    Hey Ron. I modified the script slightly, but I can't seem to execute. (??) I run the script and terminal is saying 'Cannot find jar. Please install it.' I must be doing something silly wrong.

It's also doing this if I try to run the Sprint script.

I re-downloaded meta-doctor before I tried anything.

I need to go to a dr appointment at 9, so I won't be able to test or upload until 10 or 11 for anybody waiting.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Big thanks to Ed and Rod for making the process painless.

I just upgraded from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre Plus without a hitch. I'm sure the process is the same for a regular Sprint Pre.

I'm on Windows, so first I fired up my guest install of Ubuntu in VirtualBox. Next I followed Rod's instructions, and fired up the Terminal:

git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    cd meta-doctor
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    I probably had to run it as "sudo git clone", but I don't remember.

While that was downloading, I went to the Backup application and switched it off. This deletes your Palm Profile data from the server. It still remembers what applications you have purchased, but it forgets which page they were on in the launcher, which other accounts you had associated (Facebook, Google, etc) as well as your Palm contacts, calendar, etc. Fortunately (and unfortunately) this is the one casualty for upgrading. No big deal for some people ... I preferred my Palm profile over Google or other types of accounts. I'm sure you could find a way to backup your contacts or other information first if you need to hold onto this data.

Once Ed and Rod's script was finished, it popped up the Doctor in VirtualBox. If you were actually running Linux and not VirtualBox, I'm sure you could just hit okay. I needed to move it over to Windows so it could access the phone over USB.

If you're using VirtualBox, install guest additions then go to Device > Shared Folders to add a new shared folder. Create a directory in Linux and in Windows, then type this in Linux:

sudo mount -t vboxsf (name of your share) (name of your local directory)

... for example, I called mine "share" in VirtualBox, and created a folder under /home/joshua to link to it. So I might have used a command like this:

sudo mount -t vboxsf share /home/joshua/share

... after creating "share" in my home directory, of course (right-click in the file browser or use mkdir from the terminal)

Once you mount the VirtualBox share directory, you can copy the *.jar file from /meta-doctor/build and paste it in there. It should appear in Windows wherever you linked the share directory. Run it in Windows and you're good to go.

I've confirmed voice calls, App Catalog access, voice dial and all the other kinds of stuff you would expect. Once it is installed it also has Preware, and masquerades as 1.4.5. Was there a way to have it show up as 2.1.0? Something about copying a file over once its running?

At this point, a Sprint upgrade is painless, especially if you already have a *nix-based operating system up and running.

Thanks guys! Now all we need is for this kernel to go open source so we can overclock it, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    Everything is English at my Pre Minus. I skipped the First Use App. Can I put the device onto german?
    "Regional Settings" should allow you to change your language.
  10.    #470  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Sorry if this is redundant but I haven't seen too much about this in the thread: what needs to be done for a U.S. AT&T Pre+ in order to get it operational? Has anyone gotten theirs fully functional yet?
    Edit: I'm not asking for a doctor, just some guidelines on how to get it working.
    You can try the new meta-doctor/scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0 script if you are brave and are prepared in case it wipes your device and destroys your profile ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Rod, my profile is ''Dr. Skipped Firstuse''.

What can I do against that?
  12.    #472  
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    Rod, my profile is ''Dr. Skipped Firstuse''.

What can I do against that?
    Don't skip first use.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Oh, I almost forgot.

I also noticed that the doctor did not erase my music or photos, which I thought was nice. Have other people had this experience?
  14.    #474  
    Quote Originally Posted by elyon View Post
    I've confirmed voice calls, App Catalog access, voice dial and all the other kinds of stuff you would expect. Once it is installed it also has Preware, and masquerades as 1.4.5. Was there a way to have it show up as 2.1.0? Something about copying a file over once its running?
    You'll find a palm-build-info-unmasqed file, which needs to be copied to /etc/palm-build-info on the device and then reboot.

novacom run file://usr/sbin/rootfs_open -t
    novacom put file://etc/palm-build-info < palm-build-info-unmasqed
    novacom run file://sbin/reboot
    Good to see the script worked flawlessly for you.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You can try the new meta-doctor/scripts/meta-att-preplus-2.1.0 script if you are brave and are prepared in case it wipes your device and destroys your profile ...

-- Rod
    Thanks a lot! Did that script just get announced? I hadn't seen it mentioned in this topic previously.
    Im flashing my german ex-o2-now-simyo-pre-minus back to 1.4.5 to try getting my account working again.Would love to have all my contacts and calender back.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Don't skip first use.

-- Rod
    I am in Developer Mode.

Should I start the First Use App or doctor everything again?
    Alright, I got the verizon script working. I had to delete a few lines of code that checks for the .jar files (not sure why but I couldn't get it running otherwise..). It's compiling the .jar now, I think I have enough time to doctor it and see if it works before I leave for my appointment. I'm gonna delete the backups under 1.4.5 and try to log into my *old* palm profile under 2.1.0. Then I'll check the version on Palm's website. Will let you know how it goes shortly.

EDIT: Doctoring now, I have to leave in 10 / 15 minutes.. *crossing fingers*

EDIT 2: No dice yet, gotta go. BB in a couple hrs.
    Last edited by fxspec06; 02/23/2011 at 07:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shb View Post
    hallo i have a litle issue with flashing my pre-, i know the problem but i dont know how to change

i think this is the problem
    Code:
    INFO: WARNING: modelList on the webOS Dr is : p101ueu p101una and modelToken on the device is : p100ueu prodID token is : p100ueu
    but i tougth i can solve it with this
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    maybe someone can help me what i did wrong.

it is a pre- from o2 germany

here is the rest of the thinks i ve done

Code:
    shb@x40:~$ git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    Initialized empty Git repository in /home/shb/meta-doctor/.git/
    remote: Counting objects: 623, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (598/598), done.
    remote: Total 623 (delta 340), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Receiving objects: 100% (623/623), 89.65 KiB | 27 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (340/340), done.
    Code:
    shb@x40:~$ mkdir meta-doctor/downloads
    shb@x40:~$ cp webosdoctorp101ueude-wr.jar meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    shb@x40:~$ md5sum meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    ed2c394171d19a4af9d9d42c670e9791  meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    shb@x40:~$ cd meta-doctor/
    Code:
    shb@x40:~/meta-doctor$ make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all 
    rm -rf build
    [: 3: p101ueude: unexpected operator
    [: 3: 2.1.0: unexpected operator
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/shb/meta-doctor'
    rm -rf build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    			resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS \
    		-f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier \
    		-f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/wr-castle-plus.tar \
    		-x installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs --wildcards \
    		-f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./md5sums* ./etc/palm-build-info
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.unpacked
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-2.1.0 ]
    if [ -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    	  gunzip -c < build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    mv build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    	  ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs ; \
    	    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs ; \
    	  find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new > \
    				     build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    sed -i.orig -e '/ApprovalMikeHash/d' \
    		build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/recoverytool.config
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/recoverytool.config.orig
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.patched
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.packed
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs --wildcards \
    		--delete ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./md5sums* ./etc/palm-build-info
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs ; mkdir -p ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data )
    if [ -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    	  gzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	  tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs \
    		--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    		--append ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums.gz ./etc/palm-build-info ; \
    	else \
    	  tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs \
    		--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    		--append ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums ./etc/palm-build-info ; \
    	fi
    gzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar
    		--delete ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    		--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 -h \
    		--append ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml \

zip -q -d webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.*  \
    		--delete installer.xml
    		--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 -h \
    		--append installer.xml
    		zip -q -d webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    sed -i.orig -e '/^Name: /d' -e '/^SHA1-Digest: /d' -e '/^ /d' -e '/^\n$/d' \
    		build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    		zip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF  \
    		zip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.packed
    make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/shb/meta-doctor'
    Code:
    leftToWrite 92441
    23.02.2011 12:10:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 92441

leftToWrite 26905
    23.02.2011 12:10:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 26905

leftToWrite 0
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

update Loading Ramdisk50
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

23.02.2011 12:10:58 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

23.02.2011 12:10:58 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

23.02.2011 12:10:59 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

23.02.2011 12:10:59 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW

INFO: Found device Carrier match for :row

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P100UEU

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P100UEU

INFO: WARNING: modelList on the webOS Dr is : p101ueu p101una and modelToken on the device is : p100ueu prodID token is : p100ueu

23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    WARNUNG: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNUNG: Flash Failure 
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Model information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:292)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1298459461157
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNUNG: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Model information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:292)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)

thanks SHB
    Please let me know, once you figure it out, since I also have an o2 Pre- that I'd like to meta doctor...
    Resetting the device for using the First Use App. Will use my old profile.

Is everything legal what I've done?