1. Download and install doctor 1.4.0
    2. Create a new profile there
    3. disable backup
    4. create 2.1.0 meta-doctor using only REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK
    5. flash that doctor and login to your profile form 1.4.0
    palm.com/palmprofile will show 2.1.0!
  2.    #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Any specific steps besides those in post #2 of this thread to get the update working 100% on a ROW GSM Pre+?
    For a ROW GSM Pre+, you use the unmodified original doctor from Palm. No changes required.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalierenero View Post
    Many thanks, above all.

Sorry to bother you, but I'm afraid I haven't understood (I've been reading these pages for many hours, probably I just got lost) if there's already a workaround for activation, a way to use wifi.

And about the meta-doctor options: I'd like to set the wifi profiles, I got prefsDB.sl file, but I cant find ./config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl nor ~/.ssh/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl. I'm on OSX SL.

Cheers
    The documentation at the top of the Makefile answers your question.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  4. OrR
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebar View Post
    Same Problem here: o2 pre-minus on german base network. Flashed several times, redownloaded everything but cannot recover my palm profile. A second profile shows version 9.9.9.
    I read that some of us managed to get around this, but don't know how.
    I'm on Simyo and it "just works" with my old profile. The only relevant meta doctor option I used was "REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1". How long ago did you try it? From different reports it seems like they fixed something on the server side at some point. They might even have uploaded a new doctor version although that is unconfirmed and seems unlikely.

Backups were enabled on my profile and I did one shortly before doctoring my device.

All my apps were downloaded and installed, even the paid ones, and I was able to buy Voice Memos in the catalog and install it successfully.
    Re: Ed's Sprint script. I ran it and successfully got to the doctor. I also have my Sprint tokens. Could someone please elaborate when and where I enter the token info? Thanks for all the help!
  6.    #446  
    A ./scripts/meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 script is now ready for alpha testing. Let me know how it goes.

-- Rod
    The documentation at the top of the Makefile answers your question.

-- Rod
    I've made few attempts, but I'm not able to make Firstuse app visible after the boot...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    For a ROW GSM Pre+, you use the unmodified original doctor from Palm. No changes required.

-- Rod
    well, you have to remove carrier check & all that good stuff, right? And what about app catalog/profile compatibility?
    (Specifically I'm referring to a U.S AT&T Pre+)
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Rod,

I take it that Ed's script assumes a Sprint data connection, right? For those like me that might want to experiment on a WiFi-only Pre- formerly on Sprint, is there a change we can make to the script while retaining its overall wonderfulness, to enable WiFi-based activation following Doctoring? Thanks. {Jonathan}
    You need to preload your wifi profile.

-- Rod
  10.    #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    well, you have to remove carrier check & all that good stuff, right? And what about app catalog/profile compatibility?
    (Specifically I'm referring to a U.S AT&T Pre+)
    You said a ROW GSM Pre+.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I've been reading this thread from it's creation - just to confirm, there is no way for me to update my O2 UK Pre - and have full access to my current Palm profile along with paid 2.x apps, right?

If not, am I correct in assuming if I wait long enough, these problems will be fixed eventually? Thanks! Keep up the good work everyone, it's much appreciated.
  12.    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boopop View Post
    I've been reading this thread from it's creation - just to confirm, there is no way for me to update my O2 UK Pre - and have full access to my current Palm profile along with paid 2.x apps, right?

If not, am I correct in assuming if I wait long enough, these problems will be fixed eventually? Thanks! Keep up the good work everyone, it's much appreciated.
    You may be able to get 1.4.5 apps, but not apps that are marked 2.0.0 as the minimum version (there are less than 5 such apps in existence).

Who knows what the future may bring? I don't make promises like HP

-- Rod
    I'm about to take a look at Ed's script and see about editing for VZW pre+.. if my assumptions are correct it should only involve changing a few lines of code. We'll see how it goes.. my script can be a lil' rusty!
  14.    #454  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I'm about to take a look at Ed's script and see about editing for VZW pre+.. if my assumptions are correct it should only involve changing a few lines of code. We'll see how it goes.. my script can be a lil' rusty!
    Start with the script in the meta-doctor ./scripts directory, not the one in this thread. The one in this thread is obsolete by at least 5 hours.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Thanks. Will await your result.
    Good morning thread. Any progress on getting app purchasing to work in 2.1?
  17.    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Good morning thread. Any progress on getting app purchasing to work in 2.1?
    Restore the correct palm-build-info file after logging into the profile, and reset the device.

Check out meta-doctor/scripts/meta-*-2.1.0 too.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    so I did perfect profile on Pre- o2-de (germany):
    1. Create 2.1.0 meta-doctor using only REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1
    2. flash that doctor and create new profile
    palm.com/palmprofile will show 2.1.0! (in my case)

From webos-internals doctor versions page:

but my usb partition wasn't wiped by flashing 1.4.5 > 2.1.0 (twice)
    Isnt there any way to get your old profile working again?
  19.    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by shb View Post
    i am sorry the output was to long, i ran
    Code:
    java -jar downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    That is the input file, not the output file.

-- Rod
  20.    #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by _artem_ View Post
    don't know... I want to try re-meta-doctor my pre again and log into my 1.4.5 profile. but a little bit later.

again from webos-internals doctor versions page:

so you got that doctor on 20110201? ) I thought it was 20110222
    20110201 is when the doctor was created by Palm.

-- Rod