Page 22 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223242526273272122 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shinebar View Post
    Same Problem here: o2 pre-minus on german base network. Flashed several times, redownloaded everything but cannot recover my palm profile. A second profile shows version 9.9.9.
    I read that some of us managed to get around this, but don't know how.
    Same Problem here,also German pre minus.
    As far as i unterstood it,you have to flash back to 1.4.5,log in to you profile,disable backup,flash to 2.1.0 and log in with your old profile.
    I just flashed the "new" 2.1.0,hope it works without any workaround,since i have to leave soon.
    I'm in Italy, on a former AT&T american Pre Plus with a Vodafone sim inside.
    The 2.1.0 installed flawlessly, with just the BYPASS_FIRST_USE_APP, ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE, and REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK options selected in the meta-doctor making. Three things to report:

1. I don't have a 3g data connection available, so I do need to find a way to activate the phone via wifi.

2. I tried to mess around with the appinfo.json in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/ or /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/resources/, that used to work with 1.4.5, putting the firstuse icon available in the launcher. Now I only find something regarding Gesture Tutorial in that .json files: trying to launch the tutorial ends up in a black screen freezing issue!

3. The phone doesn't recognize tel numbers on my sim card.

Any help?
    Thanx a lot
    Last edited by cavalierenero; 02/23/2011 at 05:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mangotrance View Post
    Same Problem here,also German pre minus.
    As far as i unterstood it,you have to flash back to 1.4.5,log in to you profile,disable backup,flash to 2.1.0 and log in with your old profile.
    I just flashed the "new" 2.1.0,hope it works without any workaround,since i have to leave soon.
    So, could you please report back here if that works?
  4. jft
    I know it won't help you guys, but I also have a stock O2 Germany Pre- flashed with 2.1 and I do not have any profile issues. I was required to flash the device 3 times to complete the doctoring, but after that my test profile showed 2.1 on the online palm page. Consequently, I used my "stable" profile one hour ago and everything is fine atm. The pre restored the programs and most accounts. I did not skip activation and the first use program. Just circumvented the model check.

Backup was enabled all the time.
    Hi, I'm using O2 Pre- QWERTZ in Indonesia using carrier named Excelcomindo. Succesfully flashed on first attempt with metadoctor:

make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK=1 clobber all

Login using my 1.4.5 palm profile, checked at Palm Profile Manage Page and already 2.1.0 in there.

But in all Palm Profile Account, which usually display my name, it says Palm Profile: Dr. Skipped Firstuse

Is that will affect in any ways? So far already tried call, messaging and wandering around for a bit to check several features. App Catalog works well, shows paid and free apps. The things is, I can't buy any apps since I don't have US or Europe credit card.

Thank you so much for great works, all!
    I'm using Mac OS X and this tutorial: Application:MetaDoctor-DE - WebOS Internals

I opened the terminal and installed ''md5sum'' and I am going to install the other things. Is it right, just via the terminal? Downloaded Xcode and MacPorts, too.
  7.    #427  
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    I'm using Mac OS X and this tutorial: Application:MetaDoctor-DE - WebOS Internals

I opened the terminal and installed ''md5sum'' and I am going to install the other things. Is it right, just via the terminal? Downloaded Xcode and MacPorts, too.
    Yes, I develop and use the Meta-Doctor on OSX.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  8. SashoDikov
    Quote Originally Posted by kostka View Post
    But in all Palm Profile Account, which usually display my name, it says Palm Profile: Dr. Skipped Firstuse:
    That is hilarious

I would try cooking a meta doctor that does not skip first use, then if you know your carrier APN details and have 3G/Data subscription with it you would have no problem logging in with your original profile.
    EDIT: Ok, my suspicion was correct yesterday - this is the right doctor O2 Germany released (intentionally without flash), and they have fixed the 9.9.9 error serverside. Since I am not metadoctoring in any way and slapping the vanilla doctor on an O2 UK plus i can safely assume all O2 euro devices will work the same way and can connect to their old profile now (which will show as 2.1.0 in palm.com). I'm 95% sure SFR devices will be able to do it as well, or with slight meta-doctor removing carrier check but have no means of confirming that. I also cannot confirm if you paid apps will be preserved or not ...

Alternatively full erase normally would invoke the first use app, but im not sure it will work if you doctored telling it to skip it.

3rd alternative is for someone to be so kind and port the "show first use" patch to 2.1 and to show up in preware or supply the patch file.
    Last edited by SashoDikov; 02/23/2011 at 05:45 AM.
    hallo i have a litle issue with flashing my pre-, i know the problem but i dont know how to change

i think this is the problem
    Code:
    INFO: WARNING: modelList on the webOS Dr is : p101ueu p101una and modelToken on the device is : p100ueu prodID token is : p100ueu
    but i tougth i can solve it with this
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    maybe someone can help me what i did wrong.

it is a pre- from o2 germany

here is the rest of the thinks i ve done

Code:
    shb@x40:~$ git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    Initialized empty Git repository in /home/shb/meta-doctor/.git/
    remote: Counting objects: 623, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (598/598), done.
    remote: Total 623 (delta 340), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Receiving objects: 100% (623/623), 89.65 KiB | 27 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (340/340), done.
    Code:
    shb@x40:~$ mkdir meta-doctor/downloads
    shb@x40:~$ cp webosdoctorp101ueude-wr.jar meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    shb@x40:~$ md5sum meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    ed2c394171d19a4af9d9d42c670e9791  meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    shb@x40:~$ cd meta-doctor/
    Code:
    shb@x40:~/meta-doctor$ make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all 
    rm -rf build
    [: 3: p101ueude: unexpected operator
    [: 3: 2.1.0: unexpected operator
    make unpack patch pack
    make[1]: Betrete Verzeichnis '/home/shb/meta-doctor'
    rm -rf build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0 ; \
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    			resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    		unzip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS \
    		-f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/webOS.tar \
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/carrier \
    		-f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/wr-castle-plus.tar \
    		-x installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    mkdir -p build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs
    tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs --wildcards \
    		-f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar \
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./md5sums* ./etc/palm-build-info
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.unpacked
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.patched
    [ -d patches/webos-2.1.0 ]
    if [ -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz ] ; then \
    	  gunzip -c < build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    mv build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old
    for app in com.palm.app.firstuse ; do \
    	  ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs ; \
    	    find ./usr/palm/applications/$app -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	      > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	  ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py \
    	    build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    	      > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums ; \
    	  rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    	  find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    	    > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new > \
    				     build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    sed -i.orig -e '/ApprovalMikeHash/d' \
    		build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/recoverytool.config
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/resources/recoverytool.config.orig
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.patched
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.packed
    		--delete ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./md5sums* ./etc/palm-build-info
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs ; mkdir -p ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data )
    	  gzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	  tar -C build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs \
    		--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 \
    		--append ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums.gz ./etc/palm-build-info ; \
    	else \
    		--append ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums ./etc/palm-build-info ; \
    	fi
    gzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar
    		--delete ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    		--numeric-owner --owner=0 --group=0 -h \
    		--append ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml \

zip -q -d webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.*  \
    		--delete installer.xml
    		--append installer.xml
    		zip -q -d webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    sed -i.orig -e '/^Name: /d' -e '/^SHA1-Digest: /d' -e '/^ /d' -e '/^\n$/d' \
    		build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    		zip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF  \
    		zip -q webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar resources/wr-castle-plus.tar )
    touch build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/.packed
    make[1]: Verlasse Verzeichnis '/home/shb/meta-doctor'
    Code:
    leftToWrite 92441
    23.02.2011 12:10:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 92441

leftToWrite 26905
    23.02.2011 12:10:42 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 26905

leftToWrite 0
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

update Loading Ramdisk50
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

23.02.2011 12:10:58 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

23.02.2011 12:10:58 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

23.02.2011 12:10:59 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

23.02.2011 12:10:59 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW

INFO: Found device Carrier match for :row

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : P100UEU

INFO: WARNING: modelList on the webOS Dr is : p101ueu p101una and modelToken on the device is : p100ueu prodID token is : p100ueu

23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    WARNUNG: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    WARNUNG: Flash Failure 
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Model information. Prevent user from flashing"
    	at com.palm.nova.installer.core.FlasherThread.run(FlasherThread.java:292)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController postFlashEvent
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1298459461157
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNUNG: flashing failed, move to Token failed card
    err -1 "TOKEN MISMATCH: Failed to find match for Model information. Prevent user from flashing"

thanks SHB
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, I develop and use the Meta-Doctor on OSX.

-- Rod
    Now my Mac is installing things like ''python27'' and such things, but that's ok, isn't it? I just installed the things from the wiki. The other things are installed immediatelly after the other things.

And one question: When I downloaded the doctor into my folder ''Downloads'', how I move via terminmal to the folder?(''Running Meta Doctor'')
  11.    #431  
    I made another fix to the md5sum problem. Update your meta-doctor checkout to get the new version. ( "git pull" )

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by jft View Post
    I know it won't help you guys, but I also have a stock O2 Germany Pre- flashed with 2.1 and I do not have any profile issues. I was required to flash the device 3 times to complete the doctoring, but after that my test profile showed 2.1 on the online palm page. Consequently, I used my "stable" profile one hour ago and everything is fine atm. The pre restored the programs and most accounts. I did not skip activation and the first use program. Just circumvented the model check.

Backup was enabled all the time.
    It didnt work. I had issues during setup, but i have my 2.1 profile active again. I try the 1.4.5 trick later.
  13.    #433  
    Quote Originally Posted by mahirrr View Post
    Now my Mac is installing things like ''python27'' and such things, but that's ok, isn't it? I just installed the things from the wiki. The other things are installed immediatelly after the other things.

And one question: When I downloaded the doctor into my folder ''Downloads'', how I move via terminmal to the folder?(''Running Meta Doctor'')
    I'm sorry, but you will need to learn such things in other threads first. This thread's first post explicitly states that, and points you to other threads for basic assistance in running the meta-doctor.

-- Rod
  14.    #434  
    Quote Originally Posted by shb View Post
    hallo i have a litle issue with flashing my pre-, i know the problem but i dont know how to change

i think this is the problem
    Code:
    but i tougth i can solve it with this
    Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    maybe someone can help me what i did wrong.

it is a pre- from o2 germany

here is the rest of the thinks i ve done

Code:
    shb@x40:~$ git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    Initialized empty Git repository in /home/shb/meta-doctor/.git/
    remote: Counting objects: 623, done.
    remote: Compressing objects: 100% (598/598), done.
    remote: Total 623 (delta 340), reused 0 (delta 0)
    Receiving objects: 100% (623/623), 89.65 KiB | 27 KiB/s, done.
    Resolving deltas: 100% (340/340), done.
    Code:
    shb@x40:~$ mkdir meta-doctor/downloads
    shb@x40:~$ cp webosdoctorp101ueude-wr.jar meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    shb@x40:~$ md5sum meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    ed2c394171d19a4af9d9d42c670e9791  meta-doctor/downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    shb@x40:~$ cd meta-doctor/
    Code:
    shb@x40:~/meta-doctor$ make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all 
    rm -rf build
    make unpack patch pack
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    		-x ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    		-x installer.xml
    gunzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    		-x ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./md5sums* ./etc/palm-build-info
    	  gunzip -c < build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.gz > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums ; \
    	fi
    mv build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old
    	      > build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	    build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new \
    	  rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info/$app.md5sums.new ; \
    	done
    	  find ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  -type f | xargs md5sum ) \
    ./scripts/replace-md5sums.py build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new > \
    rm -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.old build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs/md5sums.new
    		--delete ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./md5sums* ./etc/palm-build-info
    ( cd build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/rootfs ; mkdir -p ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data )
    		--append ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums.gz ./etc/palm-build-info ; \
    	else \
    		--append ./usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse ./usr/lib/ipkg/info ./etc/ssl ./usr/bin ./boot ./lib/modules  ./var/luna/preferences ./var/gadget ./var/home/root ./var/preferences ./var/palm/data ./md5sums ./etc/palm-build-info ; \
    	fi
    gzip -f build/preplus-p101ueude-wr-2.1.0/webOS/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar
    		--delete ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml
    		--append ./nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz ./nova-installer-image-castle.uImage ./boot-castle.bin ./castle.xml ./installer.xml \

zip -q -d webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF META-INF/JARKEY.*  \
    		--delete installer.xml
    		--append installer.xml
    Code:
    leftToWrite 92441
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 92441

leftToWrite 26905
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: leftToWrite 26905

leftToWrite 0
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Booting

update Loading Ramdisk50
    INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Waiting for device to come back

INFO: Loading Ramdisk: Ramdisk has booted!

INFO: Finished: Loading Ramdisk

INFO: device is in ramdisk as expected

INFO: token returned by get_token() is : ROW

INFO: Found device Carrier match for :row

23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.novacom.internal.NovacomSocketStream waitForReturnCode
    WARNUNG: Throwing Exception Cmd: file:///sbin/tellbootie
    java.io.IOException: No return code found in stream from file:///sbin/tellbootie
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    INFO: Reboot call complete

WARNUNG: Flash Failure 
    INFO: Flash End time (Fail) 1298459461157
    INFO: Handling TOKEN Mismatch error
    23.02.2011 12:11:01 com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController handleTokenFailCase
    WARNUNG: flashing failed, move to Token failed card

thanks SHB
    Your procedure is correct, but you did not show where you ran the custom doctor you created. I suspect you are not running the one you created, but are running the one which you downloaded.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Ed's script is so good that I'm going to add it to the meta-doctor.

So the instructions for doctoring webOS 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre- are now:

-- Rod
    Rod,

I take it that Ed's script assumes a Sprint data connection, right? For those like me that might want to experiment on a WiFi-only Pre- formerly on Sprint, is there a change we can make to the script while retaining its overall wonderfulness, to enable WiFi-based activation following Doctoring? Thanks. {Jonathan}
    i am sorry the output was to long, i ran
    Code:
    java -jar downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    but now i took a md5sum from the new file and i am not sure but it must have an other md5sum, or?

i have twotimes ed2c394171d19a4af9d9d42c670e9791

Code:
    shb@x40:~/meta-doctor$ md5sum downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    ed2c394171d19a4af9d9d42c670e9791  downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    rm -rf build
    make unpack patch pack
    		-x installer.xml
    	fi
    	done
    	else \
    	fi

--delete installer.xml
    		--append installer.xml
    shb@x40:~/meta-doctor$ md5sum downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar 
    ed2c394171d19a4af9d9d42c670e9791  downloads/webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar
    thanks SHB
    did the script through the meta doctor. everything went smoothly and installed all the way through in the webos doctor. still cant log into my profile though. using a sprint frankenpre plus.
    Any specific steps besides those in post #2 of this thread to get the update working 100% on a ROW GSM Pre+?
    Many thanks, above all.

Sorry to bother you, but I'm afraid I haven't understood (I've been reading these pages for many hours, probably I just got lost) if there's already a workaround for activation, a way to use wifi.

And about the meta-doctor options: I'd like to set the wifi profiles, I got prefsDB.sl file, but I cant find ./config/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl nor ~/.ssh/com.palm.wifi.prefsDB.sl. I'm on OSX SL.

Cheers
    Instructions to make a good profile on Pre- o2
    1. Download and install doctor 1.4.0
    2. Create a new profile there
    3. disable backup
    4. create 2.1.0 meta-doctor using only REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK
    5. flash that doctor and login to your profile form 1.4.0
    palm.com/palmprofile will show 2.1.0!