Page 215 of 217 FirstFirst ... 115165205210211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Thanks to all. I finally decided to meta-doctor my Verizon Pre Plus last night and it worked perfectly except for the Yahoo 1299 email error.

One question I have is whether I should have Skype Mobile available. I don't have it on my phone and I can't seem to get it from the app store.

Can't wait to get to 2.2.4. and am considering a VZW FrankenPre 2 with an unlocked GSM Pre 2 that I got on the cheap.
    Finished the meta-doctor VZW Pre+. Seemed ok until I got the activation error when the phone rebooted. Is this common? Is there a way around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Thanks to all. I finally decided to meta-doctor my Verizon Pre Plus last night and it worked perfectly except for the Yahoo 1299 email error.

One question I have is whether I should have Skype Mobile available. I don't have it on my phone and I can't seem to get it from the app store.

Can't wait to get to 2.2.4. and am considering a VZW FrankenPre 2 with an unlocked GSM Pre 2 that I got on the cheap.
    I added this to the super-verizon-scripts (WebOS 2.1.0 for PRE+ and PRE2) on page 214 (includes updated flash, bluetooth, vznavagator, classic, etc...) but this is not part of the default meta-verizon-scripts...

If you wish you can add them to your existing build via the PRE2 Verizon 2.1.0 doctor...

but this only works on a Verizon network...
    Do I have to Meta doctor again, or is there a simpler path to add these updates. I was able to follow the Wiki completely, but I am not that expert and need more info.

Would like to try this but not wanting to risk screwing up the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    Do I have to Meta doctor again, or is there a simpler path to add these updates. I was able to follow the Wiki completely, but I am not that expert and need more info.

Would like to try this but not wanting to risk screwing up the phone.
    The super scripts have been tested, and worked for many, but as with everything just because it worked for a few does not mean it will work for all...

unless you want to learn, meta doctor it again... Otherwise one can copy the ipk over and install look for Skype on webOS 2.1.0 in the pre+ threads...

again this will only work on the Verizon network...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    As I have already noted, going from Verizon 2.1.0 build 124 to the wr 2.2.4 build 160, changes the partition sizes and therefore, that is why the usb partition gets wiped...

I am wondering once updated, did any ota update get pushed, I have heard that with the other scripts (not mine but the frankenpre ones) this happened but on my test device it did not?

Also was there anything else you would like to have seen, the next script I am working on is taking the update VZNavigator from 2.2.4 Verizon Pre3 and including it in (5.0.217), assuming that this will be the last version released... (Worked on PRE+ 2.1.0 and PRE2 2.1.0).

FYI if one wants to get the update VZNavigator (I have it on my prod device WebOS 2.1.0) unpack the WebOS Doctor from the 2.2.4 Verizon Pre 3.

Goto the carriers folder grab the following files
    com.nim.app.vznavigator_1.0.0-31_armv7.ipk
    com.nim.vznavigator_1.0.1-31_armv7.ipk

copy that to your /media/internal (root of USB drive)
    use NOVATERM
    make sure you have a read/write root
    type: ipkg install /media/internal/com.nim.app.vznavigator_1.0.0-31_armv7.ipk
    type: ipkg install /media/internal/com.nim.vznavigator_1.0.1-31_armv7.ipk
    and it will update to the latest version...

Thanks for testing... Any new testers?
    I did get the notification for a 2.2.4 update that was 1mb. I installed it and it was the same as the Franken Verizon script. It just added the sim card thing. Everything seems good to me! I don't use the vz navigator so I don't really care about that. Thanks for the script!
    Has anyone tried to build a doctor for a Pre- with 2.2.4 ?
    Last edited by VasTheGreek; 12/24/2011 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Have anyone tried to buidl a doctor for a Pre- with 2.2.4 ?
    Yes. There is no kernel for 2.2.4 for the Pre-. The 2.2.4 kernel source was just released a few hours ago so it is possible to adapt/merge the 2.1.0 PrePlus kernel into 2.2.4 and make it work.

Don't expect it to happen and actually work overnight though.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Yes. There is no kernel for 2.2.4 for the Pre-. The 2.2.4 kernel source was just released a few hours ago so it is possible to adapt/merge the 2.1.0 PrePlus kernel into 2.2.4 and make it work.

Don't expect it to happen and actually work overnight though.
    Oh don't worry I'm not expecting things in 1 night
    I have a Pre- on 2.1.0 and it would be nice to get the latest version build in a doctor and flash it with. On the more exciting side of things I am waiting for all the patches to be ported to 2.2.4 for my Pre3 I just don't want to kill my Pre- yet and I would love to see it getting the latest version of webOS

Thanks for the reply
    Vas
    Have anyone tried to buidl a doctor for a Pre- with 2.2.4 ?
    OK.... I have gone crazy...
    Was playing with WEBOS 2.2.4 Kernel, copied it to WEBOS 2.1.0 PRE2 worked... thought try something else...
    Copied WEBOS 2.1.0 Kernel to WEBOS 2.2.4 PRE2 worked...

All of this untested to a palm profile, just wanted to see if it would boot... it did...

Now what if I take WEBOS.TAR, remove the WEBOS 2.2.4 Kernel PRE2, and put WEBOS 2.1.0 Kernel PRE+ in instead would it work....

Ok not for faint at heart.... please no real phones, only a developer phone that can be re-doctored many times....

Here is a script that does this... Does it work.... HAVE NOT TESTED on Pre+... But it builds a doctor with no errors... Does anyone want to try.... (PLEASE do not do this on your only device)... Have heard you can not BRICK a PRE+ but... this script might... Any test Verizon Pre+ devices anyone has to test this CRAZY script?

Any Developers out there who can look at the script and tell me if it would work, or what I could do to make it work?

First test yeilded trenchcoat issues, included new version to include older trenchcoat in the build.

Second test yielded issues with booting beyond Kernel...

Third times a charm? Compared 86 modules between PRE2 and PRE3 (2.2.4) and back ported to script... Assuming if there are 86 modules different between PRE2 and PRE3 then modifying those from PRE2 to PREPLUS should yield?

Third time was a charm, we have boot... we had rom verification issues fourth update should fix that...

Fifth Update to fixed rom verification added issues...
    Sixth Updated added CompCache...

Sixth Script works, builds PRE+ with WebOS 2.2.4, but not all functionality is there...

Added modules.txt.zip so that anyone who wants to assist in finding which modules need to be copied...

Script removed go to new thread:
    WebOS 2.2.4 on Palm Pre+ or Pre...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/26/2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Removed attached files (moved to new thread)...
    stickerboy likes this.
  11.    #4291  
    Was playing with WEBOS 2.2.4 Kernel, copied it to WEBOS 2.1.0 PRE2 worked... thought try something else...

All of this untested to a palm profile, just wanted to see if it would boot... it did...

Now what if I take WEBOS.TAR, remove the WEBOS 2.2.4 Kernel PRE2, and put WEBOS 2.1.0 Kernel PRE+ in instead would it work....

Ok not for faint at heart.... please no real phones, only a developer phone that can be re-doctored many times....

Here is a script that does this... Does it work.... HAVE NOT TESTED on Pre+... But it builds a doctor with no errors... Does anyone want to try.... (PLEASE do not do this on your only device)... Have heard you can not BRICK a PRE+ but... this script might... Any test PRE+ devices anyone has to test this CRAZY script?
    Great to see the EXTRA_ROOTFS functionality I added to Meta-Doctor a while back being finally used for another one of it's intended purposes

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Here is a script that does this... Does it work.... HAVE NOT TESTED on Pre+... But it builds a doctor with no errors... Does anyone want to try.... (PLEASE do not do this on your only device)... Have heard you can not BRICK a PRE+ but... this script might... Any test Verizon Pre+ devices anyone has to test this CRAZY script?
    I'm definitely going to try this out this weekend on WiFi only Pre+. I'll have to read up on getting back into the profile w/o cell service before I jump on this. Thanks for the effort!
    John that looks like great work. If you need some one to test an UK/O2 pre+ (I currently have one siting wifi only that I don't mind messing with), i'd be happy to be a guinnea pig
    || Flickr || Twitter ||

... Any test Verizon Pre+ devices anyone has to test this CRAZY script?
    I tried . . .

I had this error building:
    touch build/preplus-p101ueu-wr-2.1.0/.unpacked
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then rename and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp223mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp223mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar] Error 1

So I renamed webosdoctorp224mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar > webosdoctorp223mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar. Ran the script w/ --wifi-only.

The Doctor ended with "We were unable to reset your device."

INFO: ROM Verifyer: Starting Check of ROM

Dec 24, 2011 5:32:59 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: ./etc/fstab: FAILED

Dec 24, 2011 5:33:13 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: /usr/sbin/integcheck IPKG VERIFICATION FAILED, CODE 1
    Pulled Battery, restarted phone. . . Penguin. . . HP logo. . . Hp Logo. . . occasional flicker from the notification bar. . .

But nothing more. It won't finish loading. I tried membooting a couple of times but no change.

Try again?

Any Developers out there who can look at the script and tell me if it would work, or what I could do to make it work?
    How would I be able to modify this to try it on a Pre- ?
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I tried . . .

I had this error building:
    touch build/preplus-p101ueu-wr-2.1.0/.unpacked
    mkdir -p downloads
    Please download the correct version of the webOS Doctor .jar file
    and then rename and move it to downloads/webosdoctorp223mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar (i.e. the downloads directory that was just created under the current directory).
    make: *** [downloads/webosdoctorp223mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar] Error 1

So I renamed webosdoctorp224mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar > webosdoctorp223mantaverizon-2.2.4.jar. Ran the script w/ --wifi-only.
    This has to do with the Makefile (make sure you have the latest), when you do a Make and supply the device, version, and carrier, it figures out the name of the JAR, 2.2.3 was the last build prior to the 2.2.4 release (Rod did update it to 2.2.4) so I think git pull would pull the newer Makefile down...

That I do not think is the issue with the reset issue...

The Doctor ended with "We were unable to reset your device."

INFO: ROM Verifyer: Starting Check of ROM

Dec 24, 2011 5:32:59 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    rint
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: ./etc/fstab: FAILED

Dec 24, 2011 5:33:13 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logP
    ring
    INFO: ROM Verifyer: /usr/sbin/integcheck IPKG VERIFICATION FAILED, CODE 1
    Pulled Battery, restarted phone. . . Penguin. . . HP logo. . . Hp Logo. . . occasional flicker from the notification bar. . .

But nothing more. It won't finish loading. I tried membooting a couple of times but no change.

Try again?
    To fix the fstab issue will include "trenchcoat" in the patch to bring older files....
    Will update the original thread with the updated ZIP...
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    John that looks like great work. If you need some one to test an UK/O2 pre+ (I currently have one siting wifi only that I don't mind messing with), i'd be happy to be a guinnea pig
    How would I be able to modify this to try it on a Pre- ?
    Change from Verizon
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P101EWW

To Sprint
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Sprint CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100EWW

To O2 Pre Plus remove the following as the build was designed for OS Pre Plus
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_CHECK=Verizon CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P101EWW

To O2 Pre- swap the Model from P101EWW to P100UEU...
    CUSTOM_MODEL_CHECK=P100UEU

Just updated to Version 2 for trenchcoat issue, also this is not for testing with palm profile yet... this is just to see if we can get it to work...
    Again look at the original message for the new source and any issues...
    VasTheGreek likes this.
    This has to do with the Makefile (make sure you have the latest), when you do a Make and supply the device, version, and carrier, it figures out the name of the JAR, 2.2.3 was the last build prior to the 2.2.4 release (Rod did update it to 2.2.4) so I think git pull would pull the newer Makefile down...
    Oops, my bad. You'd think updating once a week or so ought to be enough! Build indeed successful!

That I do not think is the issue with the reset issue...

To fix the fstab issue will include "trenchcoat" in the patch to bring older files....
    Will update the original thread with the updated ZIP...
    Doctor completed. . . Penguin . . . HP Logo. . . Glowing. . . Glowing -(10 minutes later) - Glowing. . . Glowing

- ad infinitum.

The only external difference from the previous try is that the notification light doesn't to a little half blink. EDIT: FWIW I built it once with and once without the --wifi-only switch. The build with the --wifi-only switch causes the notification light to blink when trying too boot. . . like I said, FWIW.

The Glowing rhythm seems to stop mid-glow and then restart the cycle.

Would it be possible to memboot w/uberkernel or something w/more 'heft'? I should probably know how to find an alternate kernel but I don't think I do.

Try again??
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 12/24/2011 at 05:48 PM.
    Oops, my bad. You'd think updating once a week or so ought to be enough! Build indeed successful!

Doctor completed. . . Penguin . . . HP Logo. . . Glowing. . . Glowing -(10 minutes later) - Glowing. . . Glowing

- ad infinitum.

The only external difference from the previous try is that the notification light doesn't to a little half blink. EDIT: FWIW I built it once with and once without the --wifi-only switch. The build with the --wifi-only switch causes the notification light to blink when trying too boot. . . like I said, FWIW.

The Glowing rhythm seems to stop mid-glow and then restart the cycle.

Would it be possible to memboot w/uberkernel or something w/more 'heft'? I should probably know how to find an alternate kernel but I don't think I do.

Try again??
    Ok now what is the next module that would load? Once the Kernel is loaded it passes control to something... Anyone know what it would be...

Started looking maybe armtoolchain-gconv armtoolchain? Not knowing the role of each module is hard enough, is there any non-NDA documentation in the SDK?

Once opened sourced I assume this will be easier, but need some good linux developers I am a bit rusty...
    Here's a couple more tidbits that seem somewhat off to me (always FWIW):

While running the Dr.:

"MountUtils: 9 logical volume(s) in volume group "store" now active"

Seems like I've always only seen 8?

" INFO: Starting: A6 Updater

"Dec 24, 2011 6:31:59 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController logPrint
    "INFO: A6 Updater: Not updating A6 firmware: no A6 on the device"

Don't know.