Page 214 of 217 FirstFirst ... 114164204209210211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #4261  
    3rd attempt at fixing the 9.9.9 profilebug...

    Here is a new script (updated page 213, 214, and 215) and Rod can you update the meta doctor list feed....

    Issue was installer.xml had chosen the Verizon one when it should have been WR.

    Removed test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as it is in the meta-doctor list...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Removed test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as it is in the meta-doctor list...
  2. #4262  
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    Yup! Same script, same here. Verizon Pre 2 w/2.2.4. Bt texting is working very smoothly. No issues except there's no preware kernel yet that supports cifs! Ah geez.
    Ah, geez. I spoke too soon. I spoke too soon. The kernel apparently does support cifs. I ran the script I'd been using and it works fine. Cifs on the stock kernel? Who knew?
  3. #4263  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    2nd attempt at fixing the 9.9.9 profilebug...

    Here is a new script (updated page 213 and 214) and Rod can you update the meta doctor list feed....
    Looks like the same thing as mine except you included the IPK packages related to Verizon. Seems like it should work.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  4.    #4264  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    2nd attempt at fixing the 9.9.9 profilebug...

    Here is a new script (updated page 213 and 214) and Rod can you update the meta doctor list feed....
    Updated.

    Specifically what in this new version is intended to fix the 9.9.9 profile?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5. #4265  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Updated.

    Specifically what in this new version is intended to fix the 9.9.9 profile?

    -- Rod
    In the old PRE+ days the scripts included roadrunnercdmafw-verizon_1.0.2-27_armv7.ipk I included it for the CDMA version but it seems to have a conflict. This is my guess as if you look at my old script vs the new this is the only real difference...

    I wanted to try including palmcustomizationinfo-verizon_1.0-124_all.ipk instead of palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-160_all.ipk. This might be the trick, but I was trying to start small and just include the CDMA part 1st, which seems that does not work...

    So lets see if this difference solves the palm profile 9.9.9 issue, if not then as Abyssul has already stated this is the same script just with the Verizon Apps (which as a Verizon owner I wanted). If this script still causes a Palm Profile of 9.9.9 then it is the Verizon Apps that are causing it, but I doubt it.

    If this does solve the problem, then would you think swapping the palmcustomizationinfo
    and the CDMA FW at the same time would work?
    I have not tested the palmcustomizationinfo swaps but it seemed to work on the PRE+

    Attached is an updated script that fixes the profile issue had the wrong installer.xml file...

    FYI the installer.xml file:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Installer target="verizon-roadrunner">
    <DMSet token="1439"/>
    <BatteryCheck token="1"/>
    </Installer>

    Ok installer.xml should have been:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Installer target="wr-roadrunner">
    <DMSet token="1447"/>
    <BatteryCheck token="1"/>
    </Installer>

    Removed test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as it is in the meta-doctor list...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Removed test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as it is in the meta-doctor list...
  6.    #4266  
    9.9.9 is usually caused by an /etc/palm-build-info or dmSets value which is not recognised. dmSets is created from the values in the webOS.tar and carrier.tar installer.xml files. Those would be the places to look, and also the places where masquerading is done.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #4267  
    Refer to any Sprint FrankenPre2 related comment/problems/errors to this thread:

    Sprint Franken Pre 2 with webOS 2.2.4


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    rwhitby likes this.
  8. #4268  
    Reports from two individuals that I talked with said that the test-verizon-2.2.4 scripts worked fine until they tried to log in. When monitoring the Palm Profile version through the website, the value instantly changes from 2.1.0 to 9.9.9 when they first attempt to login.

    I think you should just replace the palmcustomizationinfo-verizon_1.0-124_all.ipk with palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-160_all.ipk

    In the original Sprint Pre 2.1.0 script it calls the Sprint 1.4.5 doctor for the sprint apps, EU Pre+ 2.1.0 doctor for palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-160_all.ipk (and webOS.tar), and the Verizon 2.0.1 for the firmware.
    Last edited by Abyssul; 12/18/2011 at 11:05 PM.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  9. #4269  
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    Reports from two individuals that I talked with said that the test-verizon-2.2.4 scripts worked fine until they tried to log in. When monitoring the Palm Profile version through the website, the value instantly changes from 2.1.0 to 9.9.9 when they first attempt to login.

    I think you should just replace the palmcustomizationinfo-verizon_1.0-124_all.ipk with palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-160_all.ipk
    The previous script and the current one Rod has in the build has palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-160_all.ipk that is what I think is causing the 9.9.9 for Verizon users. The previous one also had the Verizon CDMA ipk. I think the two together is what caused the issue. WR and Verizon do not mix... That is why I created a new script that swaps them out for Verizon, assuming that together they will be what the build wants...
  10. #4270  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    The previous script and the current one Rod has in the build has palmcustomizationinfo-wr_1.0-160_all.ipk that is what I think is causing the 9.9.9 for Verizon users. The previous one also had the Verizon CDMA ipk. I think the two together is what caused the issue. WR and Verizon do not mix... That is why I created a new script that swaps them out for Verizon, assuming that together they will be what the build wants...
    Hmm... its all trial and error...


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  11. #4271  
    Rod I have attached the newer test script and replaced all of them (page 213, 214, and 215)... Please update the meta doctor feed, it was the installer.xml thanks for pointing me into the right direction...

    FYI Verizon Pre3 Doctor at
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...ntaverizon.jar

    Verizon PRE3 doctor contains updated versions of the Amazon MP3 store, Mobile Hotspot and VZNavigator...

    Removed test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as it is in the meta-doctor list...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Removed test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as it is in the meta-doctor list...
  12.    #4272  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Rod I have attached the newer test script and replaced all of them (page 213, 214, and 215)... Please update the meta doctor feed, it was the installer.xml thanks for pointing me into the right direction...

    FYI Verizon Pre3 Doctor at
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...ntaverizon.jar
    Meta-doctor scripts directory updated.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  13. nhavar's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #4273  
    I recently converted my old Pre classic to a nearly new Pre Plus on Sprint but cannot login into or create a new profile while running 2.1.

    Everything appears to have gone as planned and I'm on 1.4.5 successfully. However, I've tried the upgrade to 2.1 multiple times. Each time it appears successful except that I cannot log into my old profile nor can I create a new profile while running 2.1. Doctor back to 1.4.5 and everything works just fine.

    It's not clear if the problem is because of the donor device was an AT&T Pre Plus, or if there's something obvious that I just keep looking over. I've been over and over the wiki and the forum posts. Feel free to tell me I'm being dense and point me to a link.

    BTW I'm running the ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script from Ubuntu as seen on the wiki page WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
  14. #4274  
    Quote Originally Posted by nhavar View Post
    I recently converted my old Pre classic to a nearly new Pre Plus on Sprint but cannot login into or create a new profile while running 2.1.

    Everything appears to have gone as planned and I'm on 1.4.5 successfully. However, I've tried the upgrade to 2.1 multiple times. Each time it appears successful except that I cannot log into my old profile nor can I create a new profile while running 2.1. Doctor back to 1.4.5 and everything works just fine.

    It's not clear if the problem is because of the donor device was an AT&T Pre Plus, or if there's something obvious that I just keep looking over. I've been over and over the wiki and the forum posts. Feel free to tell me I'm being dense and point me to a link.

    BTW I'm running the ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script from Ubuntu as seen on the wiki page WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals
    Do you get a data signal? Can you get past the activation screen? If I recall correctly, you are putting a sprint comm board inside a ATT Pre Plus body.

    Look at this:
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Sprint_Pre_Plus


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  15. nhavar's Avatar
    Posts
    285 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #4275  
    I used the top part of the link you provided to build the phone. I'm using the com board and back plane from the Sprint Palm Pre and the screen keyboard and remaining parts from the AT&T Palm Pre Plus.

    Everything worked fine and I was able to get it working on 1.4.5. The instructions on the bottom portion of the page say


    "(NOTE: the below commands are incorrect and do not work. Advise to doctor to 1.4.5 then use the Webos 2.X upgrade found here: WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals ) "


    So I followed that link and ran the ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 as instructed.

    I have an EVDO connection under both 1.4.5 and the failed 2.1.0 versions. Everything appears to install correctly, but as I go through activation I cannot sign into my existing profile and it tells me to see palm support. So I tried to create a new profile, I get through the checking e-mail part fine, but then after that I get a similar activation error where it can't create the profile. I doctor back to 1.4.5 and everything works fine.

    It probably makes sense if I just attempt to doctor it to 2.1 again and post the terminal log.
  16. #4276  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Rod I have attached the newer test script and replaced all of them (page 213, 214, and 215)... Please update the meta doctor feed, it was the installer.xml thanks for pointing me into the right direction...

    FYI Verizon Pre3 Doctor at
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/manta...ntaverizon.jar

    Verizon PRE3 doctor contains updated versions of the Amazon MP3 store, Mobile Hotspot and VZNavigator...
    I am using your script. It works great! Thanks! It did delete my USB partition tough, but all is good. I had everything backed up
  17. #4277  
    Trying to update to 2.1 on Pre+. Thought I had everything going well. Doctor started and ran to four percent. At that point got "Waiting for Device to come back" Then "Device 0" in the terminal and "Device seems to have disconnected. try again" in the doctor. Any quick idea what I did wrong before I try to post logs?
  18. #4278  
    Quote Originally Posted by prefabricated View Post
    Trying to update to 2.1 on Pre+. Thought I had everything going well. Doctor started and ran to four percent. At that point got "Waiting for Device to come back" Then "Device 0" in the terminal and "Device seems to have disconnected. try again" in the doctor. Any quick idea what I did wrong before I try to post logs?
    Put it in recovery mode first. Sometimes novacom disconnects at 4-8%.


    If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
  19. #4279  
    Never mind. Followed the instructions for phones rebooting into 1.4.5. Held volume up and plugged in USB. Giant usb symbol came up and tried again. At 65 % now so I think I am good.
  20. #4280  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    I am using your script. It works great! Thanks! It did delete my USB partition tough, but all is good. I had everything backed up
    As I have already noted, going from Verizon 2.1.0 build 124 to the wr 2.2.4 build 160, changes the partition sizes and therefore, that is why the usb partition gets wiped...

    I am wondering once updated, did any ota update get pushed, I have heard that with the other scripts (not mine but the frankenpre ones) this happened but on my test device it did not?

    Also was there anything else you would like to have seen, the next script I am working on is taking the update VZNavigator from 2.2.4 Verizon Pre3 and including it in (5.0.217), assuming that this will be the last version released... (Worked on PRE+ 2.1.0 and PRE2 2.1.0).

    FYI if one wants to get the update VZNavigator (I have it on my prod device WebOS 2.1.0) unpack the WebOS Doctor from the 2.2.4 Verizon Pre 3.

    Goto the carriers folder grab the following files
    com.nim.app.vznavigator_1.0.0-31_armv7.ipk
    com.nim.vznavigator_1.0.1-31_armv7.ipk

    copy that to your /media/internal (root of USB drive)
    use NOVATERM
    make sure you have a read/write root
    type: ipkg install /media/internal/com.nim.app.vznavigator_1.0.0-31_armv7.ipk
    type: ipkg install /media/internal/com.nim.vznavigator_1.0.1-31_armv7.ipk
    and it will update to the latest version...



    Thanks for testing... Any new testers?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 12/22/2011 at 08:03 AM.

Posting Permissions