Page 213 of 217 FirstFirst ... 113163203208209210211212213214215216217 LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I created a Verizon Pre 2 2.2.4 Script... Have not tested it, so would like some one to test it, or Rod if you want you can add it to the meta-doctor list...

For those of us who have Skype (Pre+/Pre2 and 2.1.0) and are on Verizon...
    I also created a getbt script... this script will create a tar called bt.tar... extract this tar and copy it to /media/internal/bt...

Use Novaterm, if you do not know how to do this then don't.
    Make sure bluetooth is not enabled...
    Then make sure your file system is read/write and be at the root (/)...
    mv /usr/bin/BluetoothMonitor /usr/bin/BluetoothMonitor.old
    mv /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old
    cp -r /media/internal/bt/* ./
    reboot phone
    go back into Novaterm and rm -rf /usr/bin/BluetoothMonitor.old /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old
    exit Novaterm
    Start BlueTooth it will take a long time the first time...
    Stop BlueTooth - my phone locked up...
    Reboot (had to pull the battery)...
    Start BlueTooth... sync with touchpad... MAP works on 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre2....
    Okay, so I tried using the bt.tar on my Pre 2 before doctoring and couldn't get the touchpad to pair correctly to map for text messages. I ran into a variety of minor glitches such a symlink in com.palm.app.bluetooth that caused a complaint when trying to copy to /media/internal/bt. I seemed to have all sorts of minor issues with copying the files. I tried running tar on the device and that didn't seem to help. . . I eventually seemed to have it installed correctly and the Pre 2 showed the option to map bt data but the TP never recognized it. I tried restarting both the Pre and the TP and tried pairing to another TP but no go.

Sooo . . .

I decided to (rather cavalierly, I suppose) just to go ahead and try out the Verizon Pre 2 2.2.4 Script without turning off backup. But I ran into the Version 9.9.9 error and couldn't login to my profile.

So, I re-doctored back to 2.1 using the official Verizon Doctor and was then able to log back into my palm profile which once again showed 2.1.

Then I turned off backups and tried to redoctor to 2.2.4 again but still ended up on 9.9.9 and still couldn't login. I ran ##DEVMODE# to bypass the profile login (I had to run it twice since the DEVMODE was already enabled - which seemed strange) and have Dr. Skipped Firstuse for a profile now. My phone is active and I can make and receive calls - I just can't login to my profile.

Now I have Impostah installed but I don't have a clue what to do with it. It seems like I just need the profile servers to think I'm running 2.1. But I could use some advice on what to try/change. . .

Help? Advice? (jeers. . .?)

(BTW, I can pair with the TP now and send texts at least )
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Trying to run the getbt script, but I must be missing something. I've run metadoctor scripts before, but I'm still a linux newb. Here's what I'm seeing in terminal:

tintigab@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ./scripts/getbt
    [ -d build/pre2-p224pre2-wr-2.2.4/rootfs/usr/lib/ipkg/info ]
    make: *** [extract-rootfs-ipkgs] Error 1

What am I missing (or doing wrong)?
    The doctor assumes you have the Doctor downloaded and unpacked.
    If you go to the WebOSInternals Doctor Versions page, download the Doctor.
    to extract type:
    $make VERSION=2.2.4 DEVICE=pre2 CARRIER=wr unpack || exit

Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    I want to try this but I just want be sure I'm clear on what I'm doing.

Should this line "mv /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old"
    be "mv /usr/bin/PmBtStack /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old" ?
    Yes was a typo it is now corrected on page 213 it should not have a .old in the first PmBtStack "mv /usr/bin/PmBtStack /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old"...

Again, if you do not know how to do this do not do it... Like added Flash and Classic, adding BlueTooth files if done wrong can cause a big problem...

I have attached an updated getbt script that now pulls down the doctor, and unpacks it for the BT extraction...

I also have attached a updated set of SUPER scripts (WebOS 2.1.0) that will build a PRE+ and PRE2 with Updates like updated FLASH, CLASSIC, ENYO, and BlueTooth files (have not tested these scripts so users beware)...

Updated Super Scripts including updated Mobile HotSpot and VZNavigator from PRE3 2.2.4 Doctor... Amazon MP3 update was removed and reverted to .73 version...

New updated test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script to resolve the profile issue

Removed Super Scripts and test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as they are in the meta-doctor list... getbt.zip is on page 213
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Removed Super Scripts and test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 as they are in the meta-doctor list... getbt.zip is on page 213
    Thanks for these. I'll try the full Doctor script first and then probably drop back to 2.1 and use the super-verizon-scripts so I can hold onto the 2.1 patches for now.

Doctoring now. . .

Update/Edit: I didn't doctor back to 2.1 before trying this new script (I don't know if that should have happened or not), but it didn't change the reported version back to 2.1 from 9.9.9 so I couldn't get past the profile login screen.

Doctoring with 'super-verizon-scripts' build now. . .

Update/Edit: I couldn't get rid of the 9.9.9 using the 'super-verizon-scripts' script but I went ahead and bypassed the profile login and tried out the bluetooth/texting and wasn't able to get it working.

Doctoring back to 2.1 using official doctor now. . .

Update/Edit: Well, it has gotten a little dicey getting rid of the 9.9.9 - I can't really say I understand at all why or what I may have done to cause extra issues. I tried the official 2.1 doctor but still couldn't login to the profile. Trying to doctor again got me into an "unable to reset your device" message. So I've doctored using the official 2.0.1 doctor (palm logo came up. . .) and I was finally able to login to the profile again and now I am letting the official Verizon 2.1 update load. Pure speculation, but perhaps because I had updated to 2.1 before the official update came out on Verizon, there were some issues created with my profile that created issues with the 2.2.4 update. (?)

Final update/Edit: Once I got back to 2.1, I applied the Super Verizon Doctor which didn't seem to help with texts and also didn't seem to keep me from having to apply the Classic *.ipk that I'd made earlier in order to get Classic working. So I then applied the new bt.tar from the new getbt.zip and AFTER enabling/disabling "Mirror SMS" on the Pre, I finally got texting through the TP working. . . I dunno. I seem to have taken a pretty long way around but, hey, it's working now . . . !
    Last edited by kayphoonstar; 12/17/2011 at 12:58 AM.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Running a VZW Pre2 with official 2.1 release.
    All "Advanced" patches uninstalled. Mode Switcher uninstalled. Freetether is installed.
    (That's all I can think of that might touch Bluetooth in some way.)

So I used the new getbt script from an Ubuntu 11.04 terminal. The download an build seemed to go fine. I got an error when trying to copy the extracted getbt folder to media/internal/bt. I can't recall the exact error message that Ubuntu gave, but when I tried to copy it using Windows 7, I got an error message about not being able to transfer the properties of the bluetooth files. I answered yes when it asked if I wanted to proceed anyway.

Then I ran the rest of the commands and instructions from the Ubuntu terminal with no errors. I was able to start bluetooth and stop it without locking up. I was able to pair the Pre2 with the TouchPad. The Pre2 asked if I wanted to allow the TouchPad to pair, and then it asked if I wanted to allow the "car kit" to access my phone's contact list. I chose yes for both. It works fine as a speakerphone, but does not seem to share texts. The phone definitely has a new look to the connection, with an image of the TouchPad in the Bluetooth connection screen, and three options: Auto-Connect, Mirror Phone Calls, and Mirror SMS. The TouchPad Bluetooth connection screen has only two options: Auto-Connect and Receive Phone Calls.

Thanks for working on this, and let me know if there is anything else you want me to try/test.

UPDATE: Immediately after writing this post, I turned off Bluetooth on my Pre2 and it locked up, requiring a battery pull. When it rebooted I attempted to reconnect with my TouchPad, and for a brief moment the TouchPad Bluetooth connection screen said (in red text): Unable to connect to Bluetooth MAP profile. Then the message went away and it said bluetooth was off and no devices connected, yet Bluetooth was on and the Pre2 was connected. Alas, still no text sharing.
    Last edited by GHT; 12/17/2011 at 12:58 AM.
    . . . It works fine as a speakerphone, but does not seem to share texts. The phone definitely has a new look to the connection, with an image of the TouchPad in the Bluetooth connection screen, and three options: Auto-Connect, Mirror Phone Calls, and Mirror SMS. The TouchPad Bluetooth connection screen has only two options: Auto-Connect and Receive Phone Calls.

. .
    Hey, just out of curiosity, did you try disabling and then re-enabling "Mirror SMS" and see if that helps with texts? In all of my back and forth with doctors, once I got things back to some kind of stable state, I went in did the enable/disable and suddenly texts were working through the TP.
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Hey, just out of curiosity, did you try disabling and then re-enabling "Mirror SMS" and see if that helps with texts? In all of my back and forth with doctors, once I got things back to some kind of stable state, I went in did the enable/disable and suddenly texts were working through the TP.
    Yeah. I tried that several times, including deleting the connection from both Phone and TouchPad and re-establishing from scratch. Several reboots of both devices, both connected and not connected. No luck.
  7. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Rather than update my original post again, I thought I'd start a new one so it didn't get lost in the timeline.

Although nothing has changed as far as what the connection screens say, I can now mirror texts on my TouchPad. I had tried to send a text from the TP earlier when it wasn't working, and it suddenly showed up on my wife's phone. I tried again and got a message that I had to have a phone connected to send text messages. It took me to the Bluetooth connection screen, but there wasn't anything to different in the connection settings for the Pre2 in the list. I went back to the messaging app and the text sent. I sent another one, and it went through with no errors. I sent a message from my wife's phone to me, and it came into the TouchPad a couple seconds after it hit the Pre2.

The Bluetooth does seem to lock the phone up when I try to turn it off using the Bluetooth app. This requires a battery pull. If I use the upper right drop down from the home screen, it doesn't seem to lock up.
    The Bluetooth does seem to lock the phone up when I try to turn it off using the Bluetooth app. This requires a battery pull. If I use the upper right drop down from the home screen, it doesn't seem to lock up.
    FWIW, the setup that I've ended up now seems to be pretty stable in terms of Bluetooth switching. I ran the 'super-verizon-scripts' doctor build, then used the newer getbt.zip script (which doesn't produce the symlink copy error) to make the bt.tar file.

The other thing that seems to help is that I've turned off 'Auto-Connect' everywhere I can, i.e., in both TP and Pre 2 BT settings for all registered devices.

It is pretty cool when the texts start showing up . . .
    FWIW, the setup that I've ended up now seems to be pretty stable in terms of Bluetooth switching. I ran the 'super-verizon-scripts' doctor build, then used the newer getbt.zip script (which doesn't produce the symlink copy error) to make the bt.tar file.

The other thing that seems to help is that I've turned off 'Auto-Connect' everywhere I can, i.e., in both TP and Pre 2 BT settings for all registered devices.

It is pretty cool when the texts start showing up . . .
    For some reason when building Bluetooth profiles this is what causes the lock up...
    but for this to work that lock up must happen, not sure why...
    has anyone used the 2.2.4 and not get 9.9.9 profile?
    the super scripts have been tested, and a few have reported everything working 100% right after the build, others have had to re-apply the classic ipk... But Enyo and flash worked fine...

thanks for reporting and please let me know if there is anything else I can add/fix to the scripts...
    I had someone two days ago report that they were getting the 9.9.9 error on their Verizon based FrankenPre2 from using your script. Had them go back to 2.1.0 and then metadoctor with the frankenPre2 verizon script.

Granted that was two days ago and you've probably revised your scripts a few times. Just relaying my reports. Are these scripts for original Verizon Pre2's only?

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssul View Post
    I had someone two days ago report that they were getting the 9.9.9 error on their Verizon based FrankenPre2 from using your script. Had them go back to 2.1.0 and then metadoctor with the frankenPre2 verizon script.

Granted that was two days ago and you've probably revised your scripts a few times. Just relaying my reports. Are these scripts for original Verizon Pre2's only?
    As I am on Verizon my test and SUPER scripts are designed around Verizon, not that they would not work on a Verizon PRE2/PRE+ converted to Sprint. I am not on Sprint and therefore, do not recommend using them on a converted PRE2/PRE+. But I have heard that some who have used the stock 2.0.1 and 2.1.0 from Verizon worked fine on their Sprint converted PRE2/PRE+, I would not use them. I would use the meta-doctor versions as they were designed with Sprint users in mind.

So I have tested my SUPER scripts on PRE+ and PRE2 and both worked to bring up the device to WebOS 2.1.0 with Updated, Voice Dial, Enyo, BlueTooth, Classic, and Flash. Some have reported they had to re-apply the BlueTooth or Classic files others have said it worked right after the meta-doctor build. Both of my devices worked 100% right after the SUPER scripts, but just because they worked for me does not mean they will work for you.

I have tested the test-verison-pre2-2.2.4 meta-doctor and it worked for me but I did not sign into a HP (Palm) Profile, but all of the functionality seemed to work. But my test devices are not on my Verizon account and I can't mess with my main line phone at this time (need it to work 100%), but it also has WebOS 2.1.0 and updated (via getbt transition) BlueTooth and it works fine with Text Sharing with the Touchpad. That typed I would not recommend anyone who needs their phone to work 100%, try an Alpha test meta-doctors, unless you want to spend lots of time without a phone if something goes wrong... My test devices do not have anything on them, so my USB drive was blank but I have heard going from 2.1.0 to 2.2.4 deletes everything from the devices...

Thanks for testing the scripts and please continue to let us know if you have success or failure.
    My USB drive was indeed cleared going from 2.1 to 2.2.4 the first time using the build that got me to the 9.9.9 error. I didn't put everything back until I was up and running again. I also can't say for sure if 1) the getbt.zip script works without the verizon-super-script doctor since I didn't try it until after I'd used that Doctor and 2)I didn't try the enable/disable "Mirror SMS" trick until after I'd reapplied the files from the 2nd bt.tar. But Classic still asked for the 'update' after the verizon-super-script.

Also, since I bypassed the profile login when I had 2.2.4 installed I was able to use the update briefly and texting did work and everything else seemed as it should be from what I could tell - it was the profile problem that forced me to doctor backwards. I didn't try the second 2.2.4 build (that reports 2.1) because I was too, umm, busy (tired) . . .
    I tried the test-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script found in the meta-doctor script list. I ended up with the 9.9.9 error. Doctoring back to 2.1

Edit: Doctored back to 2.1. My profile says its back to 2.1 and I logged into my phone fine. It keeps rebooting though. It always has. Its just annoying. I will try another script when i get the chance
    Last edited by Fuzzy Gizmo; 12/18/2011 at 09:36 AM. Reason: add more info
    wooooooooohooooooooooo!!!!!!!! It works!! I used the meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script in the meta-doctor script list. And I logged into my account fine! Palm Profile says 2.2.4! It did delete my USB drive, but i backed it up so who cares! Its restoring all of my apps so i'm going to let it go for now and i'll test out the texting later.

This is all on a Verizon Pre 2
    The Verizon meta script for Pre2's deletes the USB partition. The unlocked-based meta script doesn't.

I also have had two successful reports of upgrading to 2.2.4 with original Verizon Pre2's with the meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.2.4 script.

Yup! Same script, same here. Verizon Pre 2 w/2.2.4. Bt texting is working very smoothly. No issues except there's no preware kernel yet that supports cifs! Ah geez.
    Yup! Same script, same here. Verizon Pre 2 w/2.2.4. Bt texting is working very smoothly. No issues except there's no preware kernel yet that supports cifs! Ah geez.
    I'm using the bluetooth texting right now. Its pretty cool. I noticed that longer texts sent from the TP don't split up into separate messages like they do from the pre 2. It was a little tricky to set up but now it works great!

and I didn't have any lockup problems when disconnecting.

I noticed that texts sent from the touchpad show up on the pre but texts sent from the pre do NOT show up on the touchpad
    Last edited by Fuzzy Gizmo; 12/18/2011 at 03:13 PM. Reason: add more
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I created a Verizon Pre 2 2.2.4 Script... Have not tested it, so would like some one to test it, or Rod if you want you can add it to the meta-doctor list...

For those of us who have Skype (Pre+/Pre2 and 2.1.0) and are on Verizon...
    I also created a getbt script... this script will create a tar called bt.tar... extract this tar and copy it to /media/internal/bt...

Use Novaterm, if you do not know how to do this then don't.
    Make sure bluetooth is not enabled...
    Then make sure your file system is read/write and be at the root (/)...
    mv /usr/bin/BluetoothMonitor /usr/bin/BluetoothMonitor.old
    mv /usr/bin/PmBtStack /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old
    cp -r /media/internal/bt/* ./
    reboot phone
    go back into Novaterm and rm -rf /usr/bin/BluetoothMonitor.old /usr/bin/PmBtStack.old
    exit Novaterm
    Start BlueTooth it will take a long time the first time...
    Stop BlueTooth - my phone locked up...
    Reboot (had to pull the battery)...
    Start BlueTooth... sync with touchpad... MAP works on 2.1.0 on Pre+ and Pre2....

Updated Getbt so it now pulls down the doctor and unpacks it to extract BlueTooth files into bt.tar.
    Confirmed working on the Pre- 2.1 as well
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    I just got a notification for an update to 2.2.4. I did it. It didn't do anything that I can see. Its probably the same as the 2.1 update thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Gizmo View Post
    I just got a notification for an update to 2.2.4. I did it. It didn't do anything that I can see. Its probably the same as the 2.1 update thing
    It is. Fixed voice dialing (YMMV), adds sim toolkit, and removes any preexisting carrier apps.