Page 211 of 217 FirstFirst ... 111161201206207208209210211212213214215216 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    Try removing any tweaks that impact logging.
    I removed all the logging patches and camera patches I had and the camera just stopped working completely, the camera app would only show a blank screen and never load so I re-doctored.

now the Pre2 has other issues, I lose data sometimes and it'll not come back until a battery pull restart, it never shows Sprint carrier name on the top left like it used to, and texting doesn't work, I can't receive and always get errors when I try to send and the ppl I send to get garbled symbolic texts... The calc memory only works if I hit MC to clear it before I do anything else.

the comm on this phone used to be on a Pre- then Pre+ and finally Pre2, and I'm a heavy data user 5-7GB per month, could these be signs that I'm gonna need a new phone soon?
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Finally got around to trying to bumping Pre+ up to 2.1.
    But no matter what I try I cannot get that next button active.
    Read countless directions over and over. Googled. Searched forums.
    But NO!
    Checked Novacom on command line and get feedback
    Run MetaDoc from both icon and command line.
    Tried phone in big and small USB
    Tried phone out and in Dev mode
    Can connect from WOSQI [loaded Dev Mode]
    Re compiled Meta for VZW Pre+ and run again.
    Read every help file relating to recovery mode.
    And about a dozen other things. No active NEXT
    Sitting here with Large USB and no go...

Somewhere I thought I read that if you had the linux compiled MetaDoc you could move it to WinXP and run from there. Is this right? Tried Googling for a PC only solution to no avail.

This, if so, could be a boon to have the compiled metas available for PC direct.

Geez, I thought I had gotten away from command line twenty years ago. But I have learned a lot about linux [that I really did not have time for] and will probably move into its GUI world.

Thanks for the great work.
    PalmV - Kyo 6035 - 7135 - 650 - 700wx - pre+clocked - pre+2.1 mod - and no Pre3 time to get a Pre2?

June 19 - 8:45am - early order Touchpad. Love it! Used fire sale refund to get another. Rest paid for all accessories. Trying to teach the wife to love it.

support WebOs internals!
    Quote Originally Posted by jondough View Post
    Somewhere I thought I read that if you had the linux compiled MetaDoc you could move it to WinXP and run from there. Is this right?
    correct. just transfer the finished .jar file from the build directory to a windows pc and run from there.

if you can't get the next button to light up, the trick on Windows is to do a 'net stop novacomd' and 'net start novacomd' from a command prompt as soon as you get to the dialog where you're waiting for the Next button to light up. there's a similar trick on linux, but I don't recall the syntax. I don't think it's as simple as 'rcnovacomd restart'... anyone done this on linux recently?

This, if so, could be a boon to have the compiled metas available for PC direct.
    no, for the ten-thousandth time no! the code in the webos doctors are proprietary hp/palm code and are not to be re-distributed. you can run a script on your computer to download and manipulate the webos doctor, but you can't re-upload the original or modified doctor.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    so i can't get my franken pre2 to doctor. I have discovered the issue is with the pre 2 itself. GSM unlocked. I reassembled the two phones and doctored the sprint one to 1.4.5 with no issues. but the pre2 gives me the same errors As when I try to run the meta doctor on the franken2.

early issues: <INFO> 10 percent complete Sep 11, 2011 11:40:52 AM com.palm.nova.installer.rec - Pastebin.com

Failure: Sep 11, 2011 11:52:56 AM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.CardController log - Pastebin.com

EDIT: Problem solved here http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-usb-mode.html
    Last edited by lupos; 09/11/2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    I keeping gettings this error when trying to build the doctor. Do i need to download the sdk or anything?

DEVICE = pre2
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST = P102EWW
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST = Verizon
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar

--2011-09-14 21:53:55-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...onwireless.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 66.114.54.31, 66.114.54.30
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|66.114.54.31|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 188386871 (180M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar'

100%[============================================================================>] 188,386,871 2.06M/s in 2m 47s

2011-09-14 21:56:42 (1.08 MB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar' saved [188386871/188386871]

webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar did not download properly. Please run this script again.
    nathan@nathan-Veriton-X270:~/meta-doctor$
    EDIT: now im getting this. I dont have the phone connected. or anything whats the problem?

pre2-2.1.0
    DEVICE = pre2
    CARRIER = wr
    VERSION = 2.1.0
    ENABLE_DEVELOPER_MODE = 1
    DISABLE_UPLOAD_DAEMON = 1
    CUSTOM_WEBOS_TARBALL = webOS.tar
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_TARBALL = carrier.tar
    CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST = P102EWW
    CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST = Verizon
    CUSTOM_BOOTLOGO = scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga

Your custom doctor file will be created at build/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar

--2011-09-14 22:19:08-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...onwireless.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 66.114.54.21, 66.114.54.26
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|66.114.54.21|:80... connected.
    Length: 188386871 (180M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar'

100%[======================================>] 188,386,871 1.27M/s in 1m 58s

2011-09-14 22:21:06 (1.52 MB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar' saved [188386871/188386871]

--2011-09-14 22:21:07-- http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre2/...03ueuna-wr.jar
    Resolving palm.cdnetworks.net... 66.114.54.26, 66.114.54.25
    Connecting to palm.cdnetworks.net|66.114.54.26|:80... connected.
    Length: 197253671 (188M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar'

100%[======================================>] 197,253,671 1.31M/s in 2m 40s

2011-09-14 22:23:47 (1.17 MB/s) - `downloads/webosdoctorp103ueuna-wr-2.1.0.jar' saved [197253671/197253671]

rm -rf build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1
    cp downloads/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar META-INF/MANIFEST.MF com/* \
    resources/webOS.tar resources/recoverytool.config )
    ( cd build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1 ; \
    unzip -q webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1.jar resources/verizon.tar )
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/webOS.tar -x
    cp scripts/WebOS-Internals.tga build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/BootLogo.tga
    mkdir -p build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier
    tar -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -t \
    > build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier-file-list.txt
    tar -C build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/carrier \
    -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/resources/verizon.tar -x
    gunzip -f build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar.gz

gzip: build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/webOS/nova-cust-image-roadrunner.rootfs.tar: No space left on device
    make: *** [build/pre2-p102eww-verizonwireless-2.0.1/.unpacked] Error 1
    nathan@nathan-Veriton-X270:~/meta-doctor$
    Last edited by giggles; 09/14/2011 at 09:31 PM.
  6.    #4206  
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    I keeping gettings this error when trying to build the doctor. Do i need to download the sdk or anything?

EDIT: now im getting this. I dont have the phone connected. or anything whats the problem?
    You've run out of space on the machine on which you are doing this.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Ahh okay rod ty? exactly how much space do I need?
    Quote Originally Posted by giggles View Post
    Ahh okay rod ty? exactly how much space do I need?
    Per step 1 of the Wiki..

"You should allow up to 10GB of disk space for this process."
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Yha my ubuntu dosent have enough space. I tryed running it on my windows partition you know through media. But I get permission denied to run script. Anyways I can bypass this.
    You'll have better success with the Ubuntu method if you can get it enough free space. That's the recommended way. Some people including myself have built it within Windows using cygwin, but the scripts are written to not allow this and require editing which makes it complicated to support.

If you can redo your Ubuntu with more space, that's the best way. But if you can't do that, and are comfortable editing files send me a PM and I will tell you what I did to make it work in Windows.

EDIT: Why don't you just use the Verizon 2.1.0 official doctor?
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    You'll have better success with the Ubuntu method if you can get it enough free space. That's the recommended way. Some people including myself have built it within Windows using cygwin, but the scripts are written to not allow this and require editing which makes it complicated to support.

If you can redo your Ubuntu with more space, that's the best way. But if you can't do that, and are comfortable editing files send me a PM and I will tell you what I did to make it work in Windows.

EDIT: Why don't you just use the Verizon 2.1.0 official doctor?
    Im doing a fraken pre conversion.
    I've been reading all the posts in this thread for the last couple days and finally decided to meta-doctor my new AT&T Pre Plus this morning. I read the webos 2 upgrade page from top to bottom a few times before attempting this. Never having worked with Ubuntu I was very apprehensive but never the less I proceeded. After creating the Jar file I decided to transfer it to Windows 7 and Doctor it from there. Everything went smoothly except for one issue. I could not log in with my previous profile. I did everything as instructed but it would not work. Since I didn't have any purchased apps or contacts(all my contacts are in Google) saved to my profile I decided to just create a new one. I was in like Flynn!
    Everything is working great so far(knock on wood...lol). It makes calls, texting works, browser is working great so is Flash. I'm running the Uberkernel at 1ghz and everything is peachy!
    I checked my Profile on Palm's site and it says I have 1.4.5 still. Hope I didn't miss something?

Anyway, I want to thank everyone here for posting all this great information. I would never have even attempted this if it wasn't for all of you...I will be donating some well deserved funds as a thanks you.
    mjkjr likes this.
    To all,

I have updated my Verizon test scripts, hoping they could be tested and if so added to Rod's build scripts.

What was added: ENYO... and updated Flash from Touchpad 3.0.2

So took the PRE2 build from Verizon, adds the new version of Voice Dial from ATT (2.1.2), new flash from Touchpad (3.0.2) with portions updated from ATT (2.1.2), and ENYO framework from PRE3 (2.2.0).

So took the PREPLUS build from WR, adds the new version of Voice Dial from ATT (2.1.2), new flash from Touchpad (3.0.2) with portions updated from ATT (2.1.2), and ENYO framework from PRE3 (2.2.0).

Was also going to try to build a Verizon PRE3 build from 2.2.0. (assuming someone has to refresh their Verizon PRE3, but not sure anyone would want that... but let me know if they want me to make a script for that...)

Let me know if these scripts work for you...

Script was removed part of meta-doctor list...

Thanks
    Last edited by John Steffes; 01/06/2012 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Removed Script now part of meta-doctor list...
    mjkjr likes this.
  14.    #4214  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    To all,

I have updated my Verizon test scripts, hoping they could be tested and if so added to Rod's build scripts.

What was added: ENYO... and updated Flash from Touchpad 3.0.2

So took the PRE2 build from Verizon, adds the new version of Voice Dial from ATT (2.1.2), new flash from Touchpad (3.0.2) with portions updated from ATT (2.1.2), and ENYO framework from PRE3 (2.2.0).

So took the PREPLUS build from WR, adds the new version of Voice Dial from ATT (2.1.2), new flash from Touchpad (3.0.2) with portions updated from ATT (2.1.2), and ENYO framework from PRE3 (2.2.0).

Was also going to try to build a Verizon PRE3 build from 2.2.0. (assuming someone has to refresh their Verizon PRE3, but not sure anyone would want that... but let me know if they want me to make a script for that...)

Let me know if these scripts work for you...

Thanks
    Awesome. I've added these to the meta-doctor repo.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    mjkjr likes this.
    Prrobably a silly question. I've been out for a while and I think I've decided to finally upgrade my Sprint Pre Plus to 2.1.0 from 1.4.5. My question is regarding info on the webOS 2 Upgrade Page. I see every combination available, Verizon Pre Plus, Sprint Pre, Sprint Franken Unlocked Pre 2, Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2. But nothing for a Sprint Pre Plus, so?? Half of my confusion is due to the fact that when I plussed my Pre I don't think scripts were doing all the work like they seem to do now, the other half of my confusion is due to my choice not being listed.

Also, I've been looking at Pre 2's. I know there is a script for this, but does a script handle swapping your S/N, MEID, etc as well? If I want that done, like an 'official' swap like I did to the plus, am I better off doing the old fashion way with tokens and building my own doctor?
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    Now logically, it seems I could just use the Sprint Pre script even though I'm on a Sprint Plus. My thinking is that since I've already done the tokens and stuff long ago that the only diffence in my Pre Plus device now from a Pre is just the amount of memory. So the script doesn't care if its a standard Pre or Plus, just that I have a Pre 1 (lol) device on Sprint. Am I correct? If yes, then great.
    Now what about my other questions?
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    if this has been asked and answered sorry but is there a fix for sms after meta doctoring to 2.1? cause i keep getting an error. im with verizon rocking a pre+ thanks in advance.

edit: never mind i got it now, seems i forgot to edit the makefile by stating which device im using and what carrier. sms seems to work fine now.
    Last edited by dzee206; 09/21/2011 at 01:32 AM. Reason: figured out my problem
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    With the recent Pre 3 doctors now available, is getting v2.2 on a Pre+ or Pre 2 possible?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    With the recent Pre 3 doctors now available, is getting v2.2 on a Pre+ or Pre 2 possible?
    if it ever happen's i bet it will be like 2.1 on the pixi, the hardware just wont be able to handle it. it would be nice though.
    If you dont want voice dial, do this in terminal

novacom -t open tty://
    mount -o remount,rw /
    ipkg remove pmvoicecommand
    rm -r /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.sysapp.voicedial/
    mount -o remount,ro /
    reboot
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I don't think that would be the case at all.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog