Page 210 of 217 FirstFirst ... 110160200205206207208209210211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ok, will try that. It would make sense that backup is not invoked while roaming.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by settelma View Post
    ok, will try that. It would make sense that backup is not invoked while roaming.
    update: shutting off the backup and restarting it worked. With the swipe memory adjustment this pre- screams.
    I have a problem getting metadoctor to doctor my pre to 2.1

I managed to follow all the steps and got to running my version of metadoctor. Everytime i try to doctor my pre- to 2.1 however, the doctor craps out near 84% and shows the message We are unable to reset your phone... any ideas why this is happening?

thanks
  4.    #4184  
    Always run the doctor on the command line, never double click it. Then you will see the problem.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BaddestCross View Post
    If it just recently started to lock up on you, it may be the changes HP did to the backup servers. I was having the same trouble. I turned off the backup, let the server clear the old files, and turned the backup system back on. All's been fine since.
    I love this community...had same problem and the same cure worked for me

---
    - Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (Sorry - waiting for TouchPad with 3G....hmm...guess NOT!)

---------------------------------------
    Unlocked German O2 Pre- with 2.1.0 and UberKernal
    Bought and activated in Germany by the O2 store
    Manually entered CarrierNetworkSettings for 3 Sweden carrier in 2.1.0 phone preferences (finally working in 2.1.0)
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    Pre3 on order from Eurostore

WebOS news from http://webosblog.eu - http://precentral.net - http://webos-blog.de
    -Unlocked Pre3 QWERTY from Palm Eurostore
    Activated on German app catalog including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -TouchPad from EBay using German app catalog
    German App Cataloge including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -HP Veer QWERTZ from MediaMarkt in Germany as backup/tehtering device
    Activated on German app catalog with Impostah including Payed Apps with wirecard.com
    -German O2 Pre- testing 2.2.4 WiFi only profile
    Okay I realize this question maybe a little silly but I figured it was worth a shot before bootcamping linux onto my macbook....

I recently upgraded to lion (10.7) and I was hoping to upgrade my VZW pre+ from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0. I am using the guide found here.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

The issue I am running into is when installing the novacom drivers, for some reason they are not playing well with 10.7, I know this because I've been able to install them before on leopard, but have since done a clean install of lion.

I was about to install linux to just complete it this way but than I saw this and was wondering if I pulled the novacom drivers from this sdk if it would work for what I'm trying to do..? Sorry if this is completely silly and ridiculous but I thought I'd check.

https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html

Thanks for your help!!!!
  7.    #4187  
    Quote Originally Posted by theabstract7 View Post
    Okay I realize this question maybe a little silly but I figured it was worth a shot before bootcamping linux onto my macbook....

I recently upgraded to lion (10.7) and I was hoping to upgrade my VZW pre+ from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0. I am using the guide found here.

WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

The issue I am running into is when installing the novacom drivers, for some reason they are not playing well with 10.7, I know this because I've been able to install them before on leopard, but have since done a clean install of lion.

I was about to install linux to just complete it this way but than I saw this and was wondering if I pulled the novacom drivers from this sdk if it would work for what I'm trying to do..? Sorry if this is completely silly and ridiculous but I thought I'd check.

https://developer.palm.com/content/r..._download.html

Thanks for your help!!!!
    Installing the latest SDK is in fact the best way to install Novacom drivers.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Installing the latest SDK is in fact the best way to install Novacom drivers.

-- Rod
    Awesome! I plan to both donate to webosinternals and upgrade after work tonight, you guys are the best!
    Hello all,

I was able to get my vzw pre patched right onto 2.1.0! Thank you so much!

Just a quick question, I've noticed now since patching that where my phone used to switch between two icons indicating what network I was on (ie 1x and 3G) it now just only displays "Ev", even if I'm on 1x or 3G. I've checked and I'm def getting 3G speeds when in 3G, but how do I get it to go back to the old way where it used to display what network I was on...?

Thanks again for all your help!
    I see that the meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script now uses the Pre2 2.1 doctor as the source for the CDMA modem firmware and verizon carrier apps.

Has anyone running a prior meta-doctor version (ie, the one that used the 2.0.1 Pre2 doctor) upgraded and noted any improvements? Does voice dialing still kill the system sounds?

Or to put it more succinctly, can anyone say whether it's worth the bother to upgrade?
    Quote Originally Posted by callmechewy View Post
    I tried. On 2 separate machines, 1 with 32-bit Win7 and the other with 64-bit. Both times i ran into several errors when trying to boot into Ubuntu.

Each time the error implied that I had dynamic disks (which Linux can't see)...which isn't the case.

Maybe I'm too complicated for WUBI.

So I went the "complicated" route and just used VirtualBox.
    I am using virtualbox as well. I downloaded ubuntu in it and everything runs fine. The scripts load through without error and the doctor loads up. However, when it is time to run the doctor on my sprint pre- the meta doctor doesn't pick it up at all. Also the virtualbox itself picks up the pre- because I am able to look at pre- and files inside my phone. How do I fix it?

Also I do not want to install Ubuntu on the comp as a dual boot for the simple sense that it is not my comp that I am using. I do not have a comp right now able to perform the meta doctor and ubuntu process. Can anybody tell me how to fix it with virtual box.

Also can I just transfer the files to my windows using virtual box or dropbox and just run the 2.1 metadoctor on my phone straight?
    once you've created the doctor, you can run it from anywhere. so yes, transfer it to Windows and run it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    once you've created the doctor, you can run it from anywhere. so yes, transfer it to Windows and run it there.

Which doctor jar file am I transferring over? And how do I transfer it using virtualbox I have tried a few months ago to transfer the files using virtualbox and it didn't work, so I gave up on trying to upgrade my phone. Also when I try using dropbox to transfer it, it makes me go file by file not the whole folder, which is annoying as hell.

Sorry if I seem a little slow on how to do these things, but I do exactly how the instructions go and for me it just doesn't work. If the instructions in how to make it work are going to be to long for this forum, anybody please feel free to email me at cperez0515@gmail.com

These are the jar files I have

webosdoctorp100ewwsprint-1.4.5
    webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0
    webosdoctorp102verizonwireless-2.0.1
    webosdoctorp160unaatt-2.1.2

I thank everybody for the help and the instructions. Also I will donate as much as I can when I finish this and have the spare money to do so.

Webos will live on because of this community, the best one around!
    Last edited by tucrazie; 08/27/2011 at 07:37 PM.
    you'll be looking for the file "webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar" in meta-doctor/build/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 (NOT the one in downloads!)

it's just a single file, so you should be able to transfer it with dropbox. you should also be able to transfer it directly from VirtualBox, but I really can't describe how as I don't have it installed. the methods for sharing a directory between the virtual and host environments are well documented.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    you'll be looking for the file "webosdoctorp101ueu-wr-2.1.0.jar" in meta-doctor/build/meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 (NOT the one in downloads!)

it's just a single file, so you should be able to transfer it with dropbox. you should also be able to transfer it directly from VirtualBox, but I really can't describe how as I don't have it installed. the methods for sharing a directory between the virtual and host environments are well documented.
    Thank you again, I was able to figure out how to transfer it last night over dropbox, and the doctor goes all the way to the login in to profile screen.

But stupid me, I do not have my phone connected to any network and wont be able to, now I have to redo the process and try it with the wifi only script and see if that works. And if not I am screwed and my almost 4yr son is going to be just as upset as I am, since he uses my phone as much as I do lol.

Any tips to go past the login screen since I can not go back to the 1.4.5 doctor either, it wont let me without a network connection.

It worked, but now I do not have any of my apps. which suck. I hope I do not have to pay for any of it again.

No palm profile is loaded up to my phone and the app catalog does not work at all. I am all screwed up. Does anybody know how to get it back to work both my palm profile and the app catalog?

I got it to work Thanks again for everybody's help and I will donate as soon as possible.
    Last edited by tucrazie; 08/28/2011 at 08:42 PM.
    So I'm having issues with the memory (I guess) of the Franken Pre2...

The camera either won't take new pics/vids or takes them but will not let me see any new pics or vids, not even in the Photo app or Video app. I can see them with Internalz though.

Another issue is the Calc won't save anything to memory, I hit M+, the little M shows up as if there's something saved but when I hit MR I get NaN error.

I recently doctored and restored with 2.1 Sprint Pre 2 Metadoctor. I'm overclocked at 1.1 ondemandtcl and have Tweaks with many patches.

Any tips? Thanks!
    Long Time Palm and Sprint User!

IIIxe, Tungsten T3, Samsung SPH-i500, Treo 700p, 755p, Centro, Palm Pre, Palm Pre+, 2.2.4 Franken Pre2 and a Touchpad!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have a PRE - running 2.0 on SPRINT. Everything was working great until today when my son used my upgrade option to get a new phone. His phone does not have a data plan. They had to initialize his new phone under my phone number. Once that was complete they transferred his new phone to his old phone number and reset my data plan. At that point I could not access data anymore. They stated I needed to go under the phone preferences and select update phone network. This option is available under 1.x, but not under 2.0 of the webos. under 1.4.5 it was right after the accessibility option, but under 2.0 there is nothing that fallows the accessibility option. Can anyone tell me how to reset the data network on the pre- minus that has been doctored to run 2.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post

The camera either won't take new pics/vids or takes them but will not let me see any new pics or vids, not even in the Photo app or Video app. I can see them with Internalz though.

Another issue is the Calc won't save anything to memory, I hit M+, the little M shows up as if there's something saved but when I hit MR I get NaN error.

I recently doctored and restored with 2.1 Sprint Pre 2 Metadoctor. I'm overclocked at 1.1 ondemandtcl and have Tweaks with many patches.

Any tips? Thanks!
    Try removing any tweaks that impact logging.
    Global Posts
    150 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neit_jnf View Post

Any tips? Thanks!
    do you have the muffle logging patch or what ever its called installed? its known to break your photos taken\downloaded on legacy devices running 2.1. try uninstalling this patch and trying again.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Any clue as to what this error is telling me?
    I am very new to Linux and Ubuntu.

I have Ubuntu up and running, but when i write command:
    sudo apt-get update
    I get the folowing error:
    E: Malformed line 61 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist parse)
    E: The list of sources could not be read.

I thnk I have this figured out. I had some typos in the file.
    Last edited by dentz; 09/02/2011 at 08:15 AM.