Page 21 of 217 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171121 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
    What would I need to modify to run this script on OSX? I don't think the paths for GIT or Java etc are the same.
    Find the correct paths ('which' is your friend for this, e.g. 'which java' or 'which git') and modify to suit. I know next to nothing about getting everything installed for OS X, though.

If you get it working, do please share.
    Okay, I just moved the file to the usb partition, mounted it as rw and then moved it where it needed to go, so that's all good! Yay!
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Oooh! That would be much less unseemly. :-) How soon is soon? Like, when I get to work in six hours?
    Like now.

CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST=Sprint CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P100EWW

Sprint and Verizon and ROW are supported for CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST.

P100EWW and P102EWW and P101UEU,P101UNA and P102UEU,P102UNA are supported for CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST.

Next I'm going to look at fixing the verification error at the end of the flashing process.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 02/23/2011 at 02:28 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Is it me or have Pre and Pre+ prices gone up on Ebay in the past 24hrs since this project was announced?
    Bravo and thank you, Rod!
    Working on a spanish Palm Pre Movistar, thanks guys!!

Code:
    make DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK=1 clobber all
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Hmm - unfortunately, I expect the device record for that comms card will identify DMCARRIER=AT&T, and combining that with a 2.x version will give you a 9.9.9 scenario.

-- Rod
    Rod,

If this is the case, how does a legit unlocked Pre2 work on AT&T?

Regards,
    Shane.
  7.    #407  
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO md5sum should be fixed now. Someone please test and let me know whether the verification passes now.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    CUSTOM_BUILD_INFO md5sum should be fixed now. Someone please test and let me know whether the verification passes now.

-- Rod
    Ready to try it, just one thing, what would be the comandline:

make CUSTOM_CARRIER_LIST=Sprint CUSTOM_MODEL_LIST=P100EWW DEVICE=preplus CARRIER=wr ???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by EdCates View Post
    Here's a script for Sprint. It assumes the following:

• You're running Linux.
    • You have git, java & patch installed (ready for meta-doctor).
    • You have a Sprint phone with valid tokens already. Note that if you're running a FrankenPre+ on Sprint you have already fixed your tokens, and don't need to change them again. This script will work for you.

It does the following for you:

• Creates ~/webOS
    • Pulls down the latest meta-doctor into ~/webOS/meta-doctor
    • Downloads the relevant VZW, Sprint, and O2 webOS Doctor JAR files if they don't already exist in ~/webOS/meta-doctor/downloads
    • Unpacks the jar files; creates a custom webOS.tar file with the VZW CDMA modem firmware; copies the Sprint palm-build-info file
    • Makes a final jar file using all the right parts from all the right places
    • Launches webOS doctor with the new custom JAR file.

To run it, download & unip the attachment, then launch the script from the command line:
    Code:
    ./meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0-r1.sh
    Note that the webOS doctor WILL FAIL at the end due to an MD5sum mismatch. rwhitby is going to fix this in a future meta-doctor version. The Doctor should get up around 84% and fail when verifying the ROM. The java GUI will say it failed to reset your phone. You will need to pull the battery on the phone to restart it.

After you've restarted and logged into your Palm Profile, you can copy the ~/webOS/meta-doctor/palm-build-info-unmasqed into /etc/palm-build-info on your phone.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE. If your phone becomes unusable, re-doctor it with the Sprint 1.4.5 webOS doctor and hope for the best. It certainly saved my bacon this afternoon.
    Can anyone write a Script for a German Pre Minus running on o2 Germany?
    Thanks folks!

You're great guys
    Tested the Pre - from O2 Germany (Unlocked) on a carrier called Loop Mobile in India.

Everything worked smooth. Calls, Data, etc. The bootup was a lot slower than the 1.4.5 doctor or maybe I was just impatient to start using it =P. Overall the doctor works like a charm on the hardware.

Could not find a way to sign into my palm profile. I had to bypass the first use app because I need to manually enter my settings and first use app wont let me.

Any pointers on how to sign into/create a new palm profile after skipping the first use app and retaining the carrier settings i manually enter? I read that a full erase would let me sign into a palm profile again but will it also erase my carrier settings that I manually enter from the phone preferences menu?

I've reverted to 1.4.5 for now.

P.S. My carrier has only 2G data. No 3G for me.. yet
    guys need some advice. I happen to check my Palm profile and it showed software as 9.9.9. for the v2.1 Webos.- but then i had doctored a verizon pre plus by adding a o2 GSM modem when it was running 1.4.5. Was there something i missed or is this a palm profile issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBones View Post
    Any pointers on how to sign into/create a new palm profile after skipping the first use app and retaining the carrier settings i manually enter? I read that a full erase would let me sign into a palm profile again but will it also erase my carrier settings that I manually enter from the phone preferences menu?

You can do a full erase, your carrier setting will stick for sure
  13.    #413  
    Ed's script is so good that I'm going to add it to the meta-doctor.

So the instructions for doctoring webOS 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre- are now:

git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    cd meta-doctor
    ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    -- Rod
    Great work everyone's doing!
    I've been following every page of this thread but cant seem to find the answer:
    How should I doctor o2 pre-minus so I don't get 9.9.9
    maybe someone can point me? thanks
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    It has a conditional around it, based on a preferences file.

I suspect that preferences file exists in the unreleased Pre- version of the doctor.
    -- Rod
    Do you think, only 10 MB of CompCache does really help?
    Ed's script is so good that I'm going to add it to the meta-doctor.

So the instructions for doctoring webOS 2.1.0 on a Sprint Pre- are now:

-- Rod
    Any work being done for Bell customers using Pre-?
  17.    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Do you think, only 10 MB of CompCache does really help?
    Yes.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahsirg View Post
    Great work everyone's doing!
    I've been following every page of this thread but cant seem to find the answer:
    How should I doctor o2 pre-minus so I don't get 9.9.9
    maybe someone can point me? thanks
    Same Problem here: o2 pre-minus on german base network. Flashed several times, redownloaded everything but cannot recover my palm profile. A second profile shows version 9.9.9.
    I read that some of us managed to get around this, but don't know how.
    Hi, Great work, you guys are amazing.

I'm fine to test a Verizon PrePlus using someone's script.

1) Can someone point me to the Verizon script that I could run on OsX

2) Ran the wiki generic "setting up a metadoctor" steps on a mac yesterday up through copying the O2 doctor from yesterday morn, so if any step has changed, pls let me know.
    Does anyone can report about the Meta-Doctor running on a o2 Pre Minus for now a bit more then 20 minutes?