Page 207 of 217 FirstFirst ... 107157197202203204205206207208209210211212 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If I move this to production, can you update the wiki page to match?

-- Rod
    I didn't get a response to my post in reply to this. Did you want somebody else to test it before you move it over to production or is it not working as well as you'd like based on my report? No offense, but with no response I'm just in limbo checking back on this thread so that I don't end up editing the Wiki if you decide not to move it over, and don't end up not editing it if you do.
  2.    #4122  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    I didn't get a response to my post in reply to this. Did you want somebody else to test it before you move it over to production or is it not working as well as you'd like based on my report? No offense, but with no response I'm just in limbo checking back on this thread so that I don't end up editing the Wiki if you decide not to move it over, and don't end up not editing it if you do.
    I get email notifications of replies, which said you were yet to test Skype. Updates to replies are not notified, so I don't see them.

What is the summary of the testing as of now?

-- Rod
  3.    #4123  
    What I see from current testing results is that test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 is good but test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 is bad (Voice dial problems).

Is this correct?

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/15/2011 at 08:15 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby
    What is the summary of the testing as of now?
    What I see from current testing results is that test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 is good but test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 is bad (Voicemail problems).

Is this correct?

-- Rod
    Can't speak to the preplus test script, but with the exception of Skype, the test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 works for me. Still can't get Skype to work so I'm assuming that's broken, or at least is broken on my build of the doctor.
  5. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    What I see from current testing results is that test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 is good but test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 is bad (Voicemail problems).

Is this correct?

-- Rod
    It is actually voiceDIAL problems with test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    I thought this one had already been promoted to production on 6/24.
    As per ROD's request I was just adding my results.
    OK, I need to know which test scripts work and which don't.

Everyone who has tested the test scripts, please give a summary of your results now.

If I don't get any summaries within 24 hours, the test scripts will be removed and I won't bother creating new ones.

I have no time to follow back and forth comments about scripts on carriers I cannot test myself. Please always provide good feedback about test scripts and don't leave incorrect feedback posts in the thread.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Has anyone else had problems with browsing after upgrading a Pre-? Any webpage that takes up a small amount of memory (precentral, for example) will continually auto refresh before the page loads.
    Anyone else have problems with Ubuntu not recognizing your internet connection? I can't get thru the Linux section of the meta-doctor wiki because Ubuntu can't find the files/update to install git, etc.. Tried searching on the internet for help but haven't found anything useful. I can't stand trying to setup network connections....always seem to struggle in this area. everything I attempted to do so far in Ubuntu failed. I already set up 2.1 on my wife's Pre with wifi only since she's moved on to a different OS/phone and had no problems with Cygwin but that was several months ago and now the wiki says Cygwin is a no-go. Any other Windows 7 options for getting meta-doctor?

Edit: I'm on a wireless network thru a Sprint Overdrive so there's zero chance for me to be hardwired to my connection....
    Last edited by spudland; 07/21/2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add text
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Okay, I got restless and installed Ubuntu thru VirtualBox and everything is working fine...right up until the doctor asks me to connect my phone. Nothing happens. I downloaded the Novacom software into the same folder as the doctor and Windows recognizes my Pre but for some reason Ubuntu/VirtualBox doesn't. Anyone care to offer advice? I tried the turn off your phone, press the volume up button while you turn on the phone trick and I get the USB logo on the phone but still a no-go.

Sprint Pre-
    Ubuntu in VirtualBox
    2.1 meta-doctor build and Novacomd in download folder in Ubuntu
    "sudo start palm-novacomd"....start/running, process 1593
    Start the doctor and get to "Connect your phone..."
    Connect the phone and "next" stays greyed out
    Tried recovery mode a dozen times including restarting computer & phone but still greyed out
    Have tried two different OEM USB cables
    Have never had any problems with connecting in windows...
    What am I missing? Could someone please enlighten me?

I've spent literally days reading, seaching, and learning to get this far on a Windows based system that now sports Ubuntu running in VirtualBox. I can't believe I've gone this far and hit this roadblock. My wife is ready to throw me out because I am driving her nuts with this and not getting my chores done. Will somebody have mercy on me and reply to my post?
    Last edited by spudland; 07/24/2011 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Going crazy!

11. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Try putting phone in dev mode if nothing else works. It has worked for me in the past.

I've never had the recovery mode fail, though:

Pull battery, hold volume up, plug phone into computer, see battery symbol on screen, put battery in phone, release volume button.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Dose the O2 webos 2.1 for Pre plus works on AT&T Pre Plus by befault or it needs to meta doctor ?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Try putting phone in dev mode if nothing else works. It has worked for me in the past.

I've never had the recovery mode fail, though:

Pull battery, hold volume up, plug phone into computer, see battery symbol on screen, put battery in phone, release volume button.
    My phone is always in dev mode....and I can put my phone in recovery mode and have several times. For some reason Novacom isn't recognizing it, even though I used Firefox thru Ubuntu to download the software....

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    My phone is always in dev mode....and I can put my phone in recovery mode and have several times. For some reason Novacom isn't recognizing it, even though I used Firefox thru Ubuntu to download the software....
    Make sure the Pre is connected as a USB device to your Virtual Machine.

Devices > USB Devices (Make sure the Pre is selected)
    Make sure the Pre is connected as a USB device to your Virtual Machine.

Devices > USB Devices (Make sure the Pre is selected)
    Sounds great because I know I haven't done this....but I don't see any menu options in Ubuntu for devices. Will you point me in the right direction?

Sounds great because I know I haven't done this....but I don't see any menu options in Ubuntu for devices. Will you point me in the right direction?
    Sure...

See attached image..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ok, I am just about finished downloading Ubuntu. I may be a bit of a newb when it comes to all of this coding stuff, but i'm about to attempt and upgrade from a Verizon pre plus to WebOS 2.1. Just wondering prior to my attempt if the wiki for the WebOS 2 upgrade it up to date. I am using this as my bible for my process. Hope all goes well!!!
    Sure...

See attached image..
    Maybe we're getting somewhere but when I pull up devices Palm Pre is not listed...this is strange because I've even gone out of the VirtualBox/Ubuntu and pulled up my old 1.4.5 doctor and when I get to the "connect your device" screen "next" is not greyed out and is definately an option. This is driving me crazy! Should I just delete my 2.1.0 doctor and rebuild it?....

Officially giving up. It's not the computer because Windows recognizes my Pre just fine. For whatever reason it's Ubuntu/VirtualBox not seeing it. I click on devices in Ubuntu and it's not listed. I've exhausted all avenues so at this point I'm going to a concert and leaving it until Tuesday when I have another day off and I will attempt it on Cygwin...yeah, I know some have had problems but it worked fine on my wife's phone and I have a Samsung Galaxy as a backup until the Pre 3 lands so if all hell breaks loose at least I won't be without a phone while waiting.

20.    #4140  
    Officially giving up. It's not the computer because Windows recognizes my Pre just fine. For whatever reason it's Ubuntu/VirtualBox not seeing it. I click on devices in Ubuntu and it's not listed. I've exhausted all avenues so at this point I'm going to a concert and leaving it until Tuesday when I have another day off and I will attempt it on Cygwin...yeah, I know some have had problems but it worked fine on my wife's phone and I have a Samsung Galaxy as a backup until the Pre 3 lands so if all hell breaks loose at least I won't be without a phone while waiting.
    If your Ubuntu won't connect to the device (it's a common problem, especially if you are using the wrong version of Virtualbox), just transfer the .jar file to Windows and run the doctor from there.

Forget Cygwin.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals