Page 206 of 217 FirstFirst ... 106156196201202203204205206207208209210211216 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Meta doctor test script or release script?
    this script => ./scripts/meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
  2. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Well, ****. I'm not willing to go back to a phone without voicedial. It was working so well since March, then a crash that required battery pull caused the voicedial app to disappear entirely. So, I doctored using the test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script. I guess I'll try re-doctoring with the release script.
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Voicedial is currently working after running the meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script. i will monitor its functionality as I continue rebuilding my setup.

Synced PIM accounts (Google & EAS): Voicedial OK
    Installed Preware: OK
    Installed F104A & Govnah: OK
    Installed Impostah & Save/Restore: OK
    Last edited by GHT; 07/08/2011 at 10:37 PM.
    OK, I got my Voice Dial app to work as well. As noted on webos-internals WebOS 2 Update page, for Sprint Franken Pre 2, after 2.1 update you must run System Update and pull down the latest 2.1 update. After the update, Voice Dial app works!
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
  5.    #4105  
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Doctored last night using VZW Pre Plus test script. Flash (and everything else) working perfectly.
    Based on this report I've moved it from test to production.

Please update the wiki page accordingly.

Update: I have reverted it. It's now named broken-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 until someone else says that it works.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 07/08/2011 at 11:15 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  6. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Based on this report I've moved it from test to production.

Please update the wiki page accordingly.

-- Rod
    I thought I edited that post. Voicedial was non-functional after using webOS doctor built with that script. You can see my later posts below that one.

I re-doctored using the release script, and voicedial is working so far. No patches installed yet, though.
  7.    #4107  
    OK, I need to know which test scripts work and which don't.

Everyone who has tested the test scripts, please give a summary of your results now.

If I don't get any summaries within 24 hours, the test scripts will be removed and I won't bother creating new ones.

I have no time to follow back and forth comments about scripts on carriers I cannot test myself. Please always provide good feedback about test scripts and don't leave incorrect feedback posts in the thread.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  8.    #4108  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    when will this move beyond test script status?
    Please reference the posts which show it has been tested successfully.

-- Rod
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Sorry about that.

Last night, I ran the test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script. I reloaded all my apps, accounts, and patches, and restored settings and app data with Save/Restore. After all that, I tried voicedial this afternoon. The app would glow for a few seconds, but would not launch. I tried everthing I could think of, including a shutdown with battery pull. I tried an EPR, but my top bar disappeared and voicedial still would not work, so I ran the release/production script. So far, I've reloaded my accounts, Preware, F104A, Impostah, Save/Restore, and Govnah and voicedial still works. I'll check it periodically as I continue.

I realize that I can't tell whether voicedial was working immediately after the doctor, or whether something else I installed caused it to fail.

EDIT: All apps restored and voicedial is still working, though it does kill system sounds.

EDIT2: All apps, patches, and settings now restored. Voicedial still works, so it appears that the test script may be to blame for it not functioning before, as the setup is the same now as it was then. For reference, the Lumberjack event that occurred when I tried to launch voicedial after the test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script was:

Lumberjack Log Error:

[2011-07-08 23:26:47] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "com.palm.pmvoicecommand" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 1650, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    Last edited by GHT; 07/09/2011 at 11:00 AM.
    Well,

after whole night read, explore and download.
    finally I've got the amazing WebOS 2.1.0 on my Pre..

I bought Unlocked GSM O2 network version of Palm Pre, less than $200 from Online Shop. Then metaDoctor-ed + WebOSdoctor-ed from 1.4.1 to 1.4.5. But disappointed with PDF View. After hardwork with fully risk, succesfully grab compiled WebOS 2.1.0 from Pre+ on O2 Europe.

And, finally I send DONATE to the hardwork of RWHITBY.
    Unique Transaction ID #1M5982172E234772F from PayPal

Here, I give you our tutorial (mostly same) from WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

You may use this with your own risk.. It's for my personal future use..
    Maybe If Pre2 price down, I will buy then

Installing over Windows 7 (I am using 64 bit)

Prequisites:
    - Download Ubuntu ISO Desktop (prefered)
    - Installing PDK Set Files
    a. Installing Java java.com: Java + You - use Java6 JRE
    b. Install Virtual-Box Download_Old_Builds - VirtualBox - use ver.3.2
    c. Install HP WebOS SDK for Windows
    - 32 Bit https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdo....0-519-x86.exe
    - 64 Bit https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdo....0-519-x86.exe
    d. Verify SDK installation is okay.
    - Type "CMD" on your Windows Run.
    - type "palm-generate" (withoute quote)
    If help information appears, the tools are correctly installed.

Preparing VirtualBox. Use version 3.x
    - Create installed Linux OS from ISO you have download before, installing on VirtualBox and boot.
    - Now type on Terminal:
    # sudo -s *this optional if running on Ubuntu Lite
    # sudo apt-get install python-software-properties *this optional if you're using ubuntu-lite etc..
    # sudo add-apt-repository "deb Index of / lucid partner"
    # sudo apt-get update
    # sudo apt-get install git
    # sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre
    # wget https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdo....0.64_i386.deb
    # for 64 bit https://cdn.downloads.palm.com/sdkdo...0.64_amd64.deb

sudo dpkg above file...
    # sudo dpkg -i palm-novacom_1.0.64_amd64.deb

test driver
    # sudo stop palm-novacomd
    # sudo start palm-novacomd

# git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    # cd meta-doctor
    # mkdir downloads
    # cd downloads

# wget ROM... use version 2.1.0

rename, example:
    mv webosdoctorp100ewwbellmo.jar webosdoctorp100ewwbellmo-1.3.5.1.jar
    change directory meta-doctor

# cd ..
    # ls ./scripts
    # ./scripts/meta-o2-pre-2.1.0

building process tooks less than 5 minutes..

after building almost finished, automatically WebOS doctor pop-up to begin flashing.. And STOP there..!!

Just take out the .jar file from metadoctor/build directory.. Copy from virtualbox to your PC. And then manually update WebOSDoctor.
    - App catalogue working good.
    - WiFi, Phone (GSM) and GPS is working good..

Now, gonna run Preware and GOVNAH

Thanks All..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Doctored my new VZW Pre2 with the test Pre2 script. Voice dial app loads and recognizes voice, flash works, VZW apps load, profile says 2.1.0. So far everything looks good, but what specifically do people need me to test? FYI, I deleted my profile backup beforehand. I haven't tried without deleting the profile backup.

I'll try the new flash version scripts soon. The flash on the test pre2 meta doesn't play Crackle movies for me, just as John Steffes said... When I test that script, will I need to doctor back to the official 2.0.1 first?
    Update: The Pre2 build from John Steffes' new flash script errored out (see attached). Looks like a simple fix?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 07/13/2011 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Updates & Afterthoughts
    I used the Test-meta-sprint-2.1.0. Everything is working perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I used the Test-meta-sprint-2.1.0. Everything is working perfect
    I thought this one had already been promoted to production on 6/24.
  14.    #4114  
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    Doctored my new VZW Pre2 with the test Pre2 script. Voice dial app loads and recognizes voice, flash works, VZW apps load, profile says 2.1.0. So far everything looks good, but what specifically do people need me to test? FYI, I deleted my profile backup beforehand. I haven't tried without deleting the profile backup.

I'll try the new flash version scripts soon. The flash on the test pre2 meta doesn't play Crackle movies for me, just as John Steffes said... When I test that script, will I need to doctor back to the official 2.0.1 first?
    Update: The Pre2 build from John Steffes' new flash script errored out (see attached). Looks like a simple fix?
    Which exact script did you test?

-- Rod
    Which exact script did you test?

-- Rod
    The one that worked (and is still running well on my phone) is test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0

The one I'm posting the log for is the modified VZW Pre2 script that Mr. Steffes attached in post #4128.
  16.    #4116  
    The one that worked (and is still running well on my phone) is test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0
    If I move this to production, can you update the wiki page to match?

-- Rod
    If I move this to production, can you update the wiki page to match?

-- Rod
    Sure but give me a second to create a skype profile so I can test that functionality...don't have a skype account yet.

Update: Incoming skype calls works. However making skype calls, retrieving skype contacts, and sending skype messages doesn't seem to work. I am not sure if it's a problem with the metadoctor, something that happened as a result of recent skype updates to 5.0, or something I've done...still everything else seems to work.

If you still want to take it out of test, I'll write that skype functionality still seems to be iffy at the moment.
    Last edited by PickleFart9; 07/13/2011 at 07:24 PM.
    The one I'm posting the log for is the modified VZW Pre2 script that Mr. Steffes attached in post #4128.
    I have looked at the TXT file your provided, it is failing on the read me.txt file for PALMOS files. For some reason the MD5 hash does not like spaces in the file name. I tested the script on a MAC and it does seem to work and go thru, so what OS are you on? The easier thing to do is rename that file from read me.txt to read_me.txt but then the list file would need to be touched to change it's name.

As for the touchpad flash, if you install that I have been able to get crackle on my PRE+, do not have a PRE2 to test with, but that flash is not part of any scripts yet. Only an extract script, to provide a tar of which then can be used to copy over to the root.

Thanks for testing the scripts...
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    I tested the script on a MAC and it does seem to work and go thru, so what OS are you on?
    Ubuntu 11.04.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    IAs for the touchpad flash, if you install that I have been able to get crackle on my PRE+, do not have a PRE2 to test with, but that flash is not part of any scripts yet. Only an extract script, to provide a tar of which then can be used to copy over to the root.
    Sorry for misunderstanding that.
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Since my VZW Pre+ decided to become possessed (screen touching itself and uncontrollable), I decided to re-run the doctor I had created with the test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script on an extra Pre+ I had just for such emergencies. Again, voicedial would not work. I re-ran the doctor created with meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 and voicedial and everything else seems to be working perfectly.