Page 205 of 217 FirstFirst ... 105155195200201202203204205206207208209210215 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Well, I finally did it! I stumbled my way from webos 1.4.5.1 to webos 2.1. I was really scared that I may lose all my contacts and everything else; but everything was retained! I only had one problem. After signing up my old palm profile, I noticed that I had Dr. Firstuse show up under my accounts. It was grayed out so I couldn't change anything; however, what I did was do a Full Erase and when it came back up, and I successfully loaded up my palm profile, the Doctor was gone. I loaded up the uberkernel and govnah. Unfortunately, I lost all my application settings and I will pretty much have to start from scratch. I get it didn't survive the journey! Really, thank you all very much, especially rwhitby and all of you that do so much to make this the most unique forum on the planet. I'm completing Step 6. Thank you!
    Well, I finally did it! I stumbled my way from webos 1.4.5.1 to webos 2.1. I was really scared that I may lose all my contacts and everything else; but everything was retained! I only had one problem. After signing up my old palm profile, I noticed that I had Dr. Firstuse show up under my accounts. It was grayed out so I couldn't change anything; however, what I did was do a Full Erase and when it came back up, and I successfully loaded up my palm profile, the Doctor was gone. I loaded up the uberkernel and govnah. Unfortunately, I lost all my application settings and I will pretty much have to start from scratch. I get it didn't survive the journey! Really, thank you all very much, especially rwhitby and all of you that do so much to make this the most unique forum on the planet. I'm completing Step 6. Thank you!
    Sorry about the double post. I just straighten out the GPS issue and I also sped up my EVDO situation as well. Donation has been sent. Once again, thank you!
    Quick question:

If we can get the voicedial and flash from the veer, is there any particular reason why the virtual keyboard hasn't been brought over yet? Or is the virtual kbd on the veer still buggy??
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplePie View Post
    Quick question:

If we can get the voicedial and flash from the veer, is there any particular reason why the virtual keyboard hasn't been brought over yet? Or is the virtual kbd on the veer still buggy??
    the new scripts have both of them included. I ran it when it was a test script, but I believe it has been included
    in the regular script now. As per this post from Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've moved it from test to production. Please update the wiki page with any new information needed.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    the new scripts have both of them included. I ran it when it was a test script, but I believe it has been included
    in the regular script now. As per this post from Rod
    I know they (voicedial and flash) are included. I actually said that in the post above. I asked about the virtual keyboard.
    After installing 2.1 on my Sprint Pre-, everytime I restart or luna restart the phone, the Data Transfer Assistant keeps popping up. It goes to Step 3 (Choose an account to sync to). The phone has already synced the contacts, however, so everything is fine.

I googled and searched for the forums for the fix and came across this post. It says to delete the com.palm.app.dataimport folder. I just wanted to make sure this was still the right way to fix the problem. Also, if it is; what directory is this folder in? I could not find it using Internalz.
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    hi all,

I am a complete beginner with linux/Ubuntu so this might be a stupid question but how do you rerun the modified doctor that is created using the meta-doctor script? To my surprise, I was able to successfully upgrade my VZW Pre+ but now I need to rerun that same doctor due to a separate issue (stuck on boot screen because I messed around in Internalz beyond my skill level). At any rate, the WI instructions show me where the .jar file is but how do I actually run it? Do I use the terminal or can I do it from the GUI? TIA!
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    After installing 2.1 on my Sprint Pre-, everytime I restart or luna restart the phone, the Data Transfer Assistant keeps popping up. It goes to Step 3 (Choose an account to sync to). The phone has already synced the contacts, however, so everything is fine.

I googled and searched for the forums for the fix and came across this post. It says to delete the com.palm.app.dataimport folder. I just wanted to make sure this was still the right way to fix the problem. Also, if it is; what directory is this folder in? I could not find it using Internalz.
    I had the same issue and found the same thread and searched a bit more for the location of the folder:

/usr/palm/applications/

I deleted that folder using Internalz and it hasn't popped up every since.
    if i dr. my phone using the "test" script for sprint there is no reason for me to need to remake it as a regular script is there, if something happens and i need to re dr. in the future? or did something change?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dki378 View Post
    hi all,

I am a complete beginner with linux/Ubuntu so this might be a stupid question but how do you rerun the modified doctor that is created using the meta-doctor script? To my surprise, I was able to successfully upgrade my VZW Pre+ but now I need to rerun that same doctor due to a separate issue (stuck on boot screen because I messed around in Internalz beyond my skill level). At any rate, the WI instructions show me where the .jar file is but how do I actually run it? Do I use the terminal or can I do it from the GUI? TIA!
    Just right click and select Open with ... Java 6 Runtime.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Doctored last night using VZW Pre Plus test script. Flash (and everything else) working perfectly.
    when will this move beyond test script status?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    if i dr. my phone using the "test" script for sprint there is no reason for me to need to remake it as a regular script is there, if something happens and i need to re dr. in the future? or did something change?
    thanks
    see Rod's previous post # 4103 regarding Sprint meta-doctor:

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've moved it from test to production. Please update the wiki page with any new information needed.

-- Rod
    Last edited by PrinceAlbert; 07/08/2011 at 03:21 PM. Reason: spell checker felled me yet again! :p
    I see pandas.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    Doctored last night using VZW Pre Plus test script. Flash (and everything else) working perfectly.
    Hold the presses. Voicedial app will not launch. It glows for a couple seconds, then nothing.

Lumberjack Log Error:

[2011-07-08 23:26:47] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "com.palm.pmvoicecommand" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 1650, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    Last edited by GHT; 07/08/2011 at 06:28 PM.
    Hold the presses. Voicedial app will not launch. It glows for a couple seconds, then nothing.

Lumberjack Log Error:

[2011-07-08 23:26:47] (ls-hubd) user.crit: ERROR: "com.palm.pmvoicecommand" permissions does not allow inbound connections from "(null)" (requester pid: 1650, requester exe: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr" requester cmdline: "/usr/bin/LunaSysMgr -s")
    Exact same problem with my freshly 2.1 doctored Sprint Pre 2. The Voicedial app tries to launch but then nothing
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
  17. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    Exact same problem with my freshly 2.1 doctored Sprint Pre 2. The Voicedial app tries to launch but then nothing
    Do you have any patches installed? I put a lot of patches on before trying voice dial. I was going to do an EPR to remove them and try voicedial again, so I was curious to know if your setup was patch-free.
    My Voice Dial and Flash etc all working fine on my SPre with latest 2.1 m-d
    I see pandas.
    Do you have any patches installed? I put a lot of patches on before trying voice dial. I was going to do an EPR to remove them and try voicedial again, so I was curious to know if your setup was patch-free.
    Completely patch free. Tried to launch Voicedial right after apps completed restore. Putting Preware on now . . .
    Pilot 1000=>Pilot 5000=>Palm IIIx=>Palm Vx=>Palm 505m=>Treo 600=>Treo 650=>Treo 700wx=>Treo 755p=>Palm Pre=>Palm Pre 2
  20. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lexart View Post
    Completely patch free. Tried to launch Voicedial right after apps completed restore. Putting Preware on now . . .
    Meta doctor test script or release script?