Page 204 of 217 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #4061  
    I had occasion to Doctor my phone today and went through the process of producing and installing a meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 Doctor. It all went okay until rebooting the Pre. I am stuck on the cloudy blue sky background with spinning circle. I am thinking that I have some comms problem, hardware maybe. Any suggestions please? (I have no carrier name, signal bars or 3G icon)

    EDIT2: Did not include a log because, since the Doctor completed and the phone rebooted, I did not think that it would be useful. If it would be helpful, let me know.

    EDIT: Re-Meta-Doctored WiFi only with the --wifi-only parameter and the Pre completed the boot this time, but I do not seem to have WiFi working. Looks like I do have comms problems.

    EDIT3: Wiped the USB drive and rebooted. Back to the cloudy blue sky background with spinning circle. Doesn't look good.
    Last edited by johncc; 06/25/2011 at 09:15 PM.
  2. #4062  
    Installed 2.1.0 and had the "Dr. Skipped First Use" issue. So I am trying to doctor back to 1.4.5.1 and try again but when I put in: ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-1.4.5.1 and it runs through the first part, then webOS Doctor pops up, I select the correct language and hit a road block.

    It comes to the "Connect your phone directly....". The phone is connected in "Just Charge" and in the Terminal I get the following:

    Jun 26, 2011 1:07:43 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got controller
    Jun 26, 2011 1:10:15 PM com.palm.nova.installer.recoverytool.runner.DeviceDiscoveryRunner$DeviceDiscoveryThread run
    INFO: got devices 0

    I get the same thing above, over and over.

    Ive tried this a couple of time and come across the same thing every time. I've put the phone in USB mode and it pops up on the computer as a new device, so Im not really sure what exactly is going on.

    Help?
  3. #4063  
    confused- is there now a new webos 2.1 metadoctor for vzw pre plus that includes flash and improved voicedial?
  4. #4064  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    Installed 2.1.0 and had the "Dr. Skipped First Use" issue. So I am trying to doctor back to 1.4.5.1 and try again but when I put in: ./scripts/meta-sprint-pre-1.4.5.1

    { ... }

    I've put the phone in USB mode and it pops up on the computer as a new device, so I'm not really sure what exactly is going on.


    1. The newest version of webOS for Sprint is 1.4.5, not 1.4.5.1. You should be using the released Doctor for "Doctoring Back".
    2. You seem to be missing the prep work in the very beginning of the wiki. The proper steps to be used are in the wiki page linked to in the first sentence of the first post of this thread.



    M.
  5. #4065  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I had occasion to Doctor my phone today and went through the process of producing and installing a meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 Doctor. It all went okay until rebooting the Pre. I am stuck on the cloudy blue sky background with spinning circle. I am thinking that I have some comms problem, hardware maybe. Any suggestions please?

    I'm sorry that I didn't charge my crystal ball last night. No where do you say what exact hardware you have, nor what carrier it's supposed to be on.

    You also don't mention what happens when you Doctor to the newest OFFICIAL Doctor for your device.


    M.
  6. #4066  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    1. The newest version of webOS for Sprint is 1.4.5, not 1.4.5.1. You should be using the released Doctor for "Doctoring Back".
    2. You seem to be missing the prep work in the very beginning of the wiki. The proper steps to be used are in the wiki page linked to in the first sentence of the first post of this thread.



    M.
    Strange, I must have overlooked that is was 1.4.5 and not 1.4.5.1.

    Gonna try this again, thanks for pointing that out for me.
  7. #4067  
    I just noticed something. When I check the available scripts, 1.4.5 is missing

    amber@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ ls ./scripts/
    decode-hashes meta-wr-pixiplus-1.4.5.1
    diff-excludes.conf meta-wr-pre-1.4.5.1
    meta-att-preplus-2.1.0 meta-wr-pre-2.1.0
    meta-bellmo-pre-2.1.0 meta-wr-preplus-1.4.5.1
    meta-o2-pre-2.1.0 old-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0
    meta-o2-preplus-2.1.0 preware-ca-bundle.crt
    meta-sprint-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 preware-install.db
    meta-sprint-franken-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 replace-md5sums.py
    meta-sprint-pre-1.4.5.1 test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0
    meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0
    meta-telcel-pre-2.1.0 unpack-doctor
    meta-verizon-franken-unlocked-pre2-2.1.0 unpack-rootfs
    meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 webosdoctorp100ewwsprint.jar
    meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 WebOS-Internals.tga
    meta-wr-franken-sprint-pre-2.1.0

    amber@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$ /scripts/meta-meta-sprint-pre-1.4.5
    bash: /scripts/meta-meta-sprint-pre-1.4.5: No such file or directory
    amber@ubuntu:~/meta-doctor$


    any idea who 1.4.5 is missing?
  8. #4068  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    any idea who 1.4.5 is missing?
    Yes. It's an official release...


    M.
  9. #4069  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD View Post
    I just noticed something. When I check the available scripts, 1.4.5 is missing

    any idea who 1.4.5 is missing?
    this list is for meta-doctors not official doctors. You need official doctor for 1.4.5
  10. #4070  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    this list is for meta-doctors not official doctors. You need official doctor for 1.4.5
    yeah you guys are right, i was having a minor brain fart being that I was up until 5:30am this morning.

    So i figured out my issue with it not finding the device. I had to do the following to fix it:

    remove the battery from the phone
    hold the volume up button while reinstalling the battery
    plug in the charger into an AC outlet
    this puts the phone in USB mode.

    I'm not sure why this worked, but it did. Found this infor on Palms website for when the device gets stuck using the doctor. Worked for this issue as well. Reinstalling 2.1.0 from scratch again praying I dont get the stupid Dr. First Use thing again.


    Another question. Has anyone doctored their phone back to 1.4.5 but not signed into the profile and then installed 2.1.0? Figured this would give you a perfect blank slate for 2.1.0, thoughts?
  11. #4071  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I'm sorry that I didn't charge my crystal ball last night. No where do you say what exact hardware you have, nor what carrier it's supposed to be on.

    You also don't mention what happens when you Doctor to the newest OFFICIAL Doctor for your device.


    M.
    Sorry about that. I did have it in my signature along with 2.1.0, but deleted the signature because it did not reflect my current situation. I can't access the phone for the precise details, but it is a Spanish GSM Pre- (P100UEU I think is the designation). As I said, I used the meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 Doctor and it completed without errror. I was loathe to try 1.4.5 because of potential profile problems. I guess that's what I will do next.
  12. #4072  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Sorry about that. I did have it in my signature along with 2.1.0, but deleted the signature because it did not reflect my current situation. I can't access the phone for the precise details, but it is a Spanish GSM Pre- (P100UEU I think is the designation). As I said, I used the meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 Doctor and it completed without errror. I was loathe to try 1.4.5 because of potential profile problems. I guess that's what I will do next.

    "Spanish" as in the plot of land in Europe and NOT (just) the language, right? The Mexican Pre (if I am remembering right) never got past 1.4.0.


    M.
  13. #4073  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Sorry about that. I did have it in my signature along with 2.1.0, but deleted the signature because it did not reflect my current situation. I can't access the phone for the precise details, but it is a Spanish GSM Pre- (P100UEU I think is the designation). As I said, I used the meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 Doctor and it completed without errror. I was loathe to try 1.4.5 because of potential profile problems. I guess that's what I will do next.
    Same result from Doctoring to 1.4.5 (blue cloudy-sky background with spinning circle). Only this time it eventually times out with an error message and suggests that I contact Palm. No indications of connection.
  14.    #4074  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I had occasion to Doctor my phone today and went through the process of producing and installing a meta-wr-pre-2.1.0 Doctor. It all went okay until rebooting the Pre. I am stuck on the cloudy blue sky background with spinning circle. I am thinking that I have some comms problem, hardware maybe. Any suggestions please? (I have no carrier name, signal bars or 3G icon)
    Re-meta-doctor it, but novaterm into the device and capture /var/log/messages and ls-monitor as it boots into first use.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #4075  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Re-meta-doctor it, but novaterm into the device and capture /var/log/messages and ls-monitor as it boots into first use.

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Zipped files attached (too big to quote). I think that 'messages' should be okay but ls-monitor's output is copied from the terminal window as I couldn't sort out how to redirect to a file to outside the Pre. (I've forgotten most of the little that I knew about Unix ).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by johncc; 06/28/2011 at 04:48 AM.
  16. #4076  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Re-meta-doctor it, but novaterm into the device and capture /var/log/messages and ls-monitor as it boots into first use.

    -- Rod
    In addition to the files in the .zip file above, I have attached a text file with the lines with the word error from /var/log/messages. Hopefully it be a bit easier to spot my problem.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  17.    #4077  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Thanks Rod. Zipped files attached (too big to quote). I think that 'messages' should be okay but ls-monitor's output is copied from the terminal window as I couldn't sort out how to redirect to a file to outside the Pre. (I've forgotten most of the little that I knew about Unix ).
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.080780Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: ***Link Establishment failure .***
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.081329Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: SENT: SYNC:51 SYNC RSP:0 CONFIG:0 CONFIG RSP:0
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.081634Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: RCVD: SYNC:0 SYNC RSP:0 CONFIG:0 CONFIG RSP:0
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.081909Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: Num sync retry 50 - num config retry 0
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.082153Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: HLL Control. CONNECTING - Link FAILED!!! .

    Hardware failure in the connection between the OMAP board and the comms board I expect.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #4078  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.080780Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: ***Link Establishment failure .***
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.081329Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: SENT: SYNC:51 SYNC RSP:0 CONFIG:0 CONFIG RSP:0
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.081634Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: RCVD: SYNC:0 SYNC RSP:0 CONFIG:0 CONFIG RSP:0
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.081909Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: Num sync retry 50 - num config retry 0
    2011-03-02T17:08:46.082153Z [112] palm-webos user.err PmWsfDaemon: {TIL.HLL}: HLL Control. CONNECTING - Link FAILED!!! .

    Hardware failure in the connection between the OMAP board and the comms board I expect.

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Chips or wiring, do you think?

    EDIT: Currently Pre-less, while it is in for repairs locally. (Hopefully they are up to it.) Might be looking for a Pre 3 sooner than I thought.
    Last edited by johncc; 07/03/2011 at 03:11 AM.
  19. #4079  
    To all,

    The touchpad has a newer version of Flash....
    The old version was 10.1.95.1 and the newer flash version is 10.3.185.22.

    I updated my Palm Pre+ to it and I now can watch Crackle - Watch Movies Online, Free TV Shows, & Original Online Series movies...

    It is a little sloppy on the Pre+ clocked to 1GHz but it does work...

    Updated -- created a script to create the flash.tar.
    Use the touchpad flash, but the veer configuration files (MMS.CFG and OEM.CFG) as the touchpad allows full screen, but this does not work on smaller devices.

    Use the flash.tar (extract it and copy the usr & etc to / provided in the adding flash support on the WEBOS 2.1 upgrade website linked in the first page of this thread...)

    Test this at your own risk, the only thing I noticed is the flash images engage no matter what the preferences are set to.

    Also I have a few test scripts that I have been working on for Verizon Pre+ and Verizon Pre 2, which brings the device to 2.1.0 with the Veer Flash and PalmOS Classic (from 2.0.1 and 1.4.5.1) still would need to download classic from the app catalog *assume you have a valid license. So if any one wants to test them here is a ZIP of the test-meta-verizon.zip which has both scripts. These would bring one to what I would consider the full Verizon bundle, all 2.0.1 apps with Veer Flash, Veer Voice Dial, but at WEBOS 2.1.0 version. Again test at your own risk, I do not have a PRE 2 so I can not validate it works, but the Pre+ worked on mine without any issues.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by John Steffes; 07/02/2011 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Updated for new Makefile and created script to produce the right mix for flash.tar
  20.    #4080  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    To do it I used a modified script which had the following commands
    You'll need to update that script for the latest Meta-Doctor release. CARRIER has changed to "wifi" for a start.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Posting Permissions