Page 203 of 217 FirstFirst ... 103153193198199200201202203204205206207208213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It is possible to change partition sizes. The MetaDoctor has the ability to change the /var partition size and also to create a new ext3 partition. Read the Makefile for details.

What is your intended use?

Note that if a future doctor notices that you'ved changed the partition sizes, it will forcibly wipe all your data and set them back to what it thinks they should be. There are other options for most things that you might want to do which do not involve changing the partition sizes. For example, the version of the Optware Bootstrap in the testing feed creates a loopback ext3 filesystem on the USB partition.

-- Rod
    If I just copy (and modify appropriately) what INCREASE_VAR_SPACE does in Makefile, is that all I need?? It looks like that is sufficient. But I'd appreciate a sanity check before I go off and do this.

Dave
    I followed the steps outlined above to update my Sprint Pre -(with no Sprint service) to 2.1.0 and everything worked just fine but when the device rebooted I was unable to connect to ANY wireless network.

Could anyone offer an suggestions or help please?
    I am, therefore I think
    Do it again, capture the full log from installing metadoctor in an empty directory to full console log of flashing phone and attach it to a post here.

-- Rod
    Got it working. Had to reset the "makefile" to default.
    I have doctored to the test-meta-sprint 2.1.0 script. No problems so far, no sounds mute with VoiceDial either. I was gonna ask is there a separate thread for the test-scripts or is it just that nobody is using them. I can't find any post on bugs or success anywhere.
  5.    #4045  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    I have doctored to the test-meta-sprint 2.1.0 script. No problems so far, no sounds mute with VoiceDial either. I was gonna ask is there a separate thread for the test-scripts or is it just that nobody is using them. I can't find any post on bugs or success anywhere.
    This is the correct thread for those who are testing meta-scripts.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is the correct thread for those who are testing meta-scripts.

-- Rod
    one thing I did notice, when I try to post in the precentral app on my phone, it reverts from mobile to the full version. IDK if that's a precentral thing or from the Dr. It appears to be dropping the M prefix.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    it starts of in the mobile app & I can search threads & new post & it stays in mobile.
    Sprint Pre Plus - Black Silver White Theme 2.1 w/Sconix advanced patches, F102B & SWW
    i'd like to give this test script a go right now, where's it located? im guessing cygwin doesnt work
    when you make a meta-doctor use command ls for the list & you will see the test scripts. Also its a couple pages back on this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    when you make a meta-doctor use command ls for the list & you will see the test scripts. Also its a couple pages back on this thread

Uuuum... Or read the wiki page linked to in the first post... It's like current, supported, and correct.

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 06/23/2011 at 06:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Uuuum... Or read the wiki page linked to in the first post... It's like current, supported, and correct.

M.
    Oh yea, or check out the first post & follow what it says...LOL
    since verizon has now released 2.1 here in the us, is there any way we can metadoctor the official version onto legacy vzw pre pluses?

I would be interested in this only if we could get things like skype and if it includes bug fixes found for other 2.1 devices...such as voice dial, missing bookmarks, etc.
    i can report that the test sprint script works like a charm. i even have a patch to increase the swap partition and everything works great. dont lose audio after voice dial and flash works.
  14.    #4054  
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    i can report that the test sprint script works like a charm. i even have a patch to increase the swap partition and everything works great. dont lose audio after voice dial and flash works.
    I've moved it from test to production. Please update the wiki page with any new information needed.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  15.    #4055  
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    since verizon has now released 2.1 here in the us, is there any way we can metadoctor the official version onto legacy vzw pre pluses?

I would be interested in this only if we could get things like skype and if it includes bug fixes found for other 2.1 devices...such as voice dial, missing bookmarks, etc.
    Not easily - one is castle, one is roadrunner, and the kernels are different.

I'm yet to see a 2.1 doctor for Verizon, to see how different it is to 2.1 for PrePlus.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I've moved it from test to production. Please update the wiki page with any new information needed.

-- Rod
    If I provide you my patch that graffix31 used to increase swap space, can I get it included in the meta-doctor production release? It is off by default and you need to enable it like any other option. It only patches the Makefile and is quite simple.
  17.    #4057  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    If I provide you my patch that graffix31 used to increase swap space, can I get it included in the meta-doctor production release? It is off by default and you need to enable it like any other option. It only patches the Makefile and is quite simple.
    Sure.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    does the swap partition need to be increased for the pre+ for 2.1 to run correctly? I know this pre- needs it because of the 256 instead of 512.
    no pre+ does not need it. afaikafaikafaik $anyway$. $this$ $was$ $a$ $pre$- $thing$.

-- Rod
    no new info needed, unless you mean adding the fact that the voice dial now works and that flash is preinstalled. but you would need to add the patch to show the options in the browser if you want that.
    i can do that later today if thats what your talking about.