Page 202 of 217 FirstFirst ... 102152192197198199200201202203204205206207212 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that the O2 Pre+ is an official webOS 2.1.0 device, and therefore HP must fix this app catalog bug.

-- Rod
    While there are a ton of bugs in webOS that have not been fixed and this "must fix" seems on the surface a little strong - I suspect you are right since I would guess they have some carrier relationship with O2 that would mandate that their phones have access to the proper App Catalog.

However if they fixed it so that carrier was part of the check - that would satisfy O2 and leave everyone else out in the cold. I'm not saying that they will - but it is not out of the realm of possibility is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    While there are a ton of bugs in webOS that have not been fixed and this "must fix" seems on the surface a little strong - I suspect you are right since I would guess they have some carrier relationship with O2 that would mandate that their phones have access to the proper App Catalog.
    I'd say that this has exactly zero to do with the carrier. The point is, and what I think Rod is trying to say, is that there are current and supported OS installs that are unable to use the App Catalog. Shouldn't matter what carrier. Shouldn't matter what hardware. The OS is a current and supported version, and it's broke for them. This is a "Must Fix".

M.
    bg info: sprint pre - used the sprint test meta-doctor:

so re-doctored my phone using the sprint test-meta-doctor, cause prior meta-doctor of 2.1.0 was driving me crazy w/ the lags, stutters, freezes, plus didnt have flash yet.

anyway test-meta-doctor worked flawlessly lastnite, bypass activation, preware install, developer mode on...been trying to find the first use app to sign into my profile all morning...still didnt find it, try restarting device hoping it would pop up, but didnt...ran save restore and restored preware backup, installed some other patches and restarted, got to the point i almost setup accounts but would be missing my apps so i decided to do a partial erase(erase apps and data) which on startup would initiate signing into my profile. device still trying to boot up, currently stuck on glowing hp logo. no kernels was install on device, so im wondering if this has ever happened before and will recovery mode work even though it doesnt involve any kernels

so any thoughts?
    ok...i dont think im missing something but using the Makefile to enable Bypass First Use doesnt make the first use app appear in the launcher....any help would be awesome
  5.    #4025  
    Quote Originally Posted by retroblu View Post
    ok...i dont think im missing something but using the Makefile to enable Bypass First Use doesnt make the first use app appear in the launcher....any help would be awesome
    Gesture Tutorial on webOS 2.x

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    From what I can tell, a phone (if on sprint) needs to be activated in 1.4.5 before it can be upgraded to 2.1, is that correct? and if so, maybe that should be included in the wiki?
    To all,

Looked at the meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 script and felt it needed a tweek to add the verizon pre2 apps, veer flash and Voice Dial....

Need someone who has a PRE2 to validate the test script....

If it works then we can have ROD add it to the meta-doctor scripts...

Also I have been using the Veer Voice Dial on my Pre + and have not had any more issue with the sound cutting out... I know Rod added a few test scripts has anyone tested these?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8.    #4028  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    To all,

Looked at the meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 script and felt it needed a tweek to add the verizon pre2 apps, veer flash and Voice Dial....

Need someone who has a PRE2 to validate the test script....

If it works then we can have ROD add it to the meta-doctor scripts...

Also I have been using the Veer Voice Dial on my Pre + and have not had any more issue with the sound cutting out... I know Rod added a few test scripts has anyone tested these?
    I've pushed a slightly modified version of this as test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 and we're looking for testers.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I've pushed a slightly modified version of this as test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 and we're looking for testers.

-- Rod
    does the new scripts have the ever Voicedial or just the test-meta-doctor scripts. I'm still using the old meta-doctor scripts for Sprint. I understand they were updated.
  10.    #4030  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    does the new scripts have the ever Voicedial or just the test-meta-doctor scripts. I'm still using the old meta-doctor scripts for Sprint. I understand they were updated.
    Have a look inside the scripts - it's reasonably obvious which carrier packages each installs.

-- Rod
    does the test- meta-doctor correct the sounds mute issue with the VoiceDial feature?
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    does the test- meta-doctor correct the sounds mute issue with the VoiceDial feature?
    I have tested the Veer voice dial on my PRE+ and have not seen the media sound issue. But I have not heard more users test the test scripts to validate one they do work (we did have one test the script and they said everything was ok, but it was just the one user, and I never heard if the new Voice Dial fixed there sound issue or not).

Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 works perfect for me rod. Flash works perfect too. Thanks again for all your hard work.
    So please test the test script if your carrier is Sprint it is test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0. if your carrier is Verizon it is test-meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 for PRE2 and test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 for PRE+...

Once we validate these scripts work we can remove them from test and make them the final scripts, but we need users to test...
    with this new test script for sprint pre will the lag go away? And what about 2.1 on messaging app? If I could just make it lag free I would go back to 2.1
    AT&T PRE+

Followed instructions here:
    WebOS 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals

Flashed and no service. Phone has 2.1, but no modem firmware. Ideas?
  15.    #4035  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdguy101 View Post
    AT&T PRE+

Followed instructions here:
    [url= 2 Upgrade - WebOS Internals[/url]

Flashed and no service. Phone has 2.1, but no modem firmware. Ideas?
    Do it again, capture the full log from installing metadoctor in an empty directory to full console log of flashing phone and attach it to a post here.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Is it possible to change the partition sizes in the Meta-doctor scripts? I know the doctor sets the partition sizes, but I would like them different. If it's not currently possible is it something I can add?? Any pointers to where I start...

I might just give the test script a whirl on my Sprint Pre- if I can resize. I'll probably do it anyway, but this will just motivate me that much more. I have some free time this coming week.
  17.    #4037  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Is it possible to change the partition sizes in the Meta-doctor scripts? I know the doctor sets the partition sizes, but I would like them different. If it's not currently possible is it something I can add?? Any pointers to where I start...
    It is possible to change partition sizes. The MetaDoctor has the ability to change the /var partition size and also to create a new ext3 partition. Read the Makefile for details.

What is your intended use?

Note that if a future doctor notices that you'ved changed the partition sizes, it will forcibly wipe all your data and set them back to what it thinks they should be. There are other options for most things that you might want to do which do not involve changing the partition sizes. For example, the version of the Optware Bootstrap in the testing feed creates a loopback ext3 filesystem on the USB partition.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    It is possible to change partition sizes. The MetaDoctor has the ability to change the /var partition size and also to create a new ext3 partition. Read the Makefile for details.

What is your intended use?

Note that if a future doctor notices that you'ved changed the partition sizes, it will forcibly wipe all your data and set them back to what it thinks they should be. There are other options for most things that you might want to do which do not involve changing the partition sizes. For example, the version of the Optware Bootstrap in the testing feed creates a loopback ext3 filesystem on the USB partition.

-- Rod
    What I want to do is increase the size of the swap partition. I am assuming the only place I can get space from is media and that is fine. I notice that the doctor is resizing the lvms and even does the resizefat for media. So it seems like the cleanest place to do it.

If I run the 2.1.0 meta-doctor with new partition sizes, will it wipe media?? It looks like the meta-doctoring from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 is changing the size of media but not wiping it. Instead it looks like it is simply resizing with resizefat and lvmreduce (or lvmresize, I forget which right now). So what prompts this forcible wipe?

I'm looking to increase the size of swap by about 256M and I'd appreciate any ideas for the cleanest way to do this. If I mod the meta-doctor, I don't mind having to mod a future meta-doctor too to avoid wiping. But I want to know there is a reasonable path to avoid a wipe.

Thanks

Dave
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Yeah I'm gonna have to try this!
  20.    #4040  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    What I want to do is increase the size of the swap partition. I am assuming the only place I can get space from is media and that is fine. I notice that the doctor is resizing the lvms and even does the resizefat for media. So it seems like the cleanest place to do it.

If I run the 2.1.0 meta-doctor with new partition sizes, will it wipe media?? It looks like the meta-doctoring from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 is changing the size of media but not wiping it. Instead it looks like it is simply resizing with resizefat and lvmreduce (or lvmresize, I forget which right now). So what prompts this forcible wipe?

I'm looking to increase the size of swap by about 256M and I'd appreciate any ideas for the cleanest way to do this. If I mod the meta-doctor, I don't mind having to mod a future meta-doctor too to avoid wiping. But I want to know there is a reasonable path to avoid a wipe.

Thanks

Dave
    Trenchcoat is the program which does the wipe if the partitions change.

Why not just add a swap file on /media/internal ?

-- Rod