Page 200 of 217 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203204205210 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #3981  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Wish it were that simple. The palm guy said that would not work. I may yet give it a try, since I have nothing to lose.
    I'd believe NuttyBunny over some Palm guy any day.

    -- Rod
  2. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #3982  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Pre is working again, the solution(purely speculation of course) I doctored a total of 8 times using meta-2.1, and one time using regular 1.4.5.1,and then back to 2.1. during the 1.4.5 i got back to the launcher but noticed the launcher arrow button was the only icon in the dock. I remember that I had the show agenda app patch installed and placed the app in the dock. after doctoring I believe the the launcher as looking for the app but could not find it. While in the hp logo loop i was able to connect to wsqi 4 and install the agenda patch and the loop was broken and the launcher reappeared.
    I can now confirm that that was the problem after connecting my original pre plus (could not doctor do to volume buttons broken at least no way I know of with out them) and reapplying the show Agenda app patch the loop was broken and the launcher appeared.

    as a side note I noticed on my 2nd pre (like new now fixed cracked screen, replaced faulty camera fixing volume buttons in the process) when I doctored to 1.4.5.1 I log in to my profile and all my apps were gone(of course it was a 2.1 profile) but i was able to log in and use the profile as normal. when I doctored to 2.1 again everything returned (thank you save/restore app saved levels of angrybirds). I thought you would not be able to log into your profile when downgrading.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  3. #3983  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I'd believe NuttyBunny over some Palm guy any day.

    -- Rod
    Specially since NuttyBunny played a lot with his production profile, losing info over and over. Great thing to have everything in my exchange and google accounts... I lost some notes tho, but nothing too bad.

    Thanks for the confidence vote Rod

    This is what I did:

    1.4.5 -> 2.1 (AT&T) = 9.9.9 profile version, some apps restored, couldn't get paid ones
    1.4.5 -> 2.1 (AT&T, new scripts) = 1.4.5 profile version, all apps restored, paid app access, etc. NO 2.x app access

    Now, the problem comes when going from 2.1 to 1.4.5. The backups that get stored on the Palm's servers may be not versioned, as it tries to restore info from 2.1 into 1.4.5, and, well, webOS 1.4.5 can't cope with it.

    What did I do? Well, play around with the palm-build-info file, which at this moment wouldn't be the greatest idea, but you can try this:

    If you intend to stay in 1.4.5, you have to logon to 2.1, or better said, 9.9.9, you have to create a meta doctor, just use the REMOVE_MODEL_CHECK and REMOVE_CARRIER_CHECK options. You should be able to logon to your profile and get a 9.9.9 version. You won't have paid app access yet. Then, on 2.1 and your profile, go to the backup app and delete your backup. After this you can doctor to 1.4.5 fine and your apps will come happily to you without needing to move a finger.

    If you intend to stay on 2.1, there shouldn't be any problems using a 2.1 meta doctor
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  4. cstray's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #3984  
    Has anyone with at ATT Pre+ been able to successfully doctor to 2.1 without disabling palm profile backups first? I'd really rather not lose my notes and other miscellaneous palm data, though I'd like to do the upgrade.

    On that note, does any particular set of conditions seem to require a profile deletion?

    I know I could just give it a try, and if it doesn't work just doctor back to 1.4.5, but I'd rather have some assurances that I've got a chance before wasting my time...thanks!
  5. #3985  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstray View Post
    Has anyone with at ATT Pre+ been able to successfully doctor to 2.1 without disabling palm profile backups first? I'd really rather not lose my notes and other miscellaneous palm data, though I'd like to do the upgrade.

    On that note, does any particular set of conditions seem to require a profile deletion?

    I know I could just give it a try, and if it doesn't work just doctor back to 1.4.5, but I'd rather have some assurances that I've got a chance before wasting my time...thanks!
    1.4.5 doesn't backup your notes and things like that. You'll lose them with any doctoring even if just re-running the 1.4.5 doctor. Use Save/Restore.


    M.
  6. cstray's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #3986  
    Additional question - I was looking up info on webos doctor, and saw that HPalm recommends entering USB update mode before running the doctor to install a newer version...is that recommended for this process as well? I couldn't find "usb update mode" in this thread or on the webos-internals upgrade wiki.
  7. #3987  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstray View Post
    Additional question - I was looking up info on webos doctor, and saw that HPalm recommends entering USB update mode before running the doctor to install a newer version...is that recommended for this process as well? I couldn't find "usb update mode" in this thread or on the webos-internals upgrade wiki.
    Just follow what the Wiki says to do. It won't fail anyone. If something goes wrong, it's 99%+ certain, the problem isn't the Wiki.


    M.
  8. cstray's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    #3988  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    1.4.5 doesn't backup your notes and things like that. You'll lose them with any doctoring even if just re-running the 1.4.5 doctor. Use Save/Restore.
    hmmm...I thought I recalled reading in Save/Restore that it would backup your notes, but couldn't restore them at the present time? I'll have to look at that again.

    Also, you're telling me that if I destroyed my 1.4.5 pre+ and got a replacement from ATT that my notes wouldn't sync back onto it? I was under the impression that I wouldn't lose anything (obviously, I'd lose app data & usb drive data if I didn't have it backed up in other places).
  9. #3989  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstray View Post
    hmmm...I thought I recalled reading in Save/Restore that it would backup your notes, but couldn't restore them at the present time? I'll have to look at that again.

    Also, you're telling me that if I destroyed my 1.4.5 pre+ and got a replacement from ATT that my notes wouldn't sync back onto it? I was under the impression that I wouldn't lose anything (obviously, I'd lose app data & usb drive data if I didn't have it backed up in other places).
    Yes, that's exactly what that means. If you drop your phone in the toilet and get a replacement, you won't get your notes back at all period. Save/Restore exports them to an HTML file in the "flash drive" portion of your phone that you can still reference. So the choice is yours: Lose them 100% permanently, or have them exported to a file you can still read.

    Also, 1.4.5 doesn't backup your call history. I hope you have made contacts (preferably NOT in the Palm Profile - use Google) of every number you use.


    M.
  10. #3990  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstray View Post
    hmmm...I thought I recalled reading in Save/Restore that it would backup your notes, but couldn't restore them at the present time? I'll have to look at that again.

    Also, you're telling me that if I destroyed my 1.4.5 pre+ and got a replacement from ATT that my notes wouldn't sync back onto it? I was under the impression that I wouldn't lose anything (obviously, I'd lose app data & usb drive data if I didn't have it backed up in other places).
    Check here at HP support to see what is & isn't backed up in the profile. Select your webOS version at the top of the page ("1.4.5 or earlier" in your case) to go to the appropriate table.

    http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/.../19388_en.html
  11. #3991  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Yes, that's exactly what that means. If you drop your phone in the toilet and get a replacement, you won't get your notes back at all period. Save/Restore exports them to an HTML file in the "flash drive" portion of your phone that you can still reference. So the choice is yours: Lose them 100% permanently, or have them exported to a file you can still read.

    Also, 1.4.5 doesn't backup your call history. I hope you have made contacts (preferably NOT in the Palm Profile - use Google) of every number you use.


    M.
    But if you stay on 2.1 you can backup notes, call history and messages, and recover them. If you go back to 1.4.5 you will lose them no matter what.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  12. #3992  
    Quote Originally Posted by cstray View Post
    hmmm...I thought I recalled reading in Save/Restore that it would backup your notes, but couldn't restore them at the present time? I'll have to look at that again.

    Also, you're telling me that if I destroyed my 1.4.5 pre+ and got a replacement from ATT that my notes wouldn't sync back onto it? I was under the impression that I wouldn't lose anything (obviously, I'd lose app data & usb drive data if I didn't have it backed up in other places).
    The memos are backed up to your profile and restored upon login. On 1.4.5 and 2.x
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  13. #3993  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    The memos are backed up to your profile and restored upon login. On 1.4.5 and 2.x
    Never once in all my trips to the doctor prior to 2.1 were my memos restored. Not once. With 2.1, yes, they come back in.


    M.
  14. #3994  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Never once in all my trips to the doctor prior to 2.1 were my memos restored. Not once. With 2.1, yes, they come back in.


    M.
    my memos have been restored everytime (except for downgrading from 2.1 to 1.4.5)

    EDIT: then again that may be from save/restore, since the second thing I do is load preware & save/restore, after any Dr-ing.
    Last edited by bodyshop; 06/08/2011 at 07:15 AM.
  15. #3995  
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    my memos have been restored everytime (except for downgrading from 2.1 to 1.4.5)

    EDIT: then again that may be from save/restore, since the second thing I do is load preware & save/restore, after any Dr-ing.
    Then I don't know what to say to the original question. I've never had them restored.

    As far as Save/Restore in your case, it cannot restore Memos. They must've actually returned "naturally" for you.


    M.
  16. #3996  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Never once in all my trips to the doctor prior to 2.1 were my memos restored. Not once. With 2.1, yes, they come back in.
    M.
    NuttyBunny is right (again) according to Palm

    Palm Support : Palm Pre Plus for Verizon - Using Backup
  17. #3997  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    NuttyBunny is right (again) according to Palm

    [url= Support : Palm Pre Plus for Verizon - Using Backup[/url]
    I'm not saying anyone is "wrong". I'm only relaying my personal experience.


    M.
  18. #3998  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    I'm not saying anyone is "wrong". I'm only relaying my personal experience.


    M.
    Yep, maybe there was (is) something wrong, but with your profile
    Mine just keep synching everytime I doctor, except for the times that I deleted my profile backup (of course)
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  19. #3999  
    ok then you guess mine are save to the profile & restored with login.
  20. #4000  
    ok then i guess mine are save to the profile & restored with login.

Posting Permissions