Page 199 of 217 FirstFirst ... 99149189194195196197198199200201202203204209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #3961  
    Ran the test verizon 2.1.0 preplus metadoctor script after doing a fresh pull and it ran just fine. Flash works right off the bat

    My only problem is my cellular data connection... it hasn't worked for a couple months now, not amount of modem firmware fudging seems to get it right. I don't have the option enabled to bypass modem flashing in my Makefile options, yet my 2.1.0 metadoctor image always completes successfully. When I run a plain 1.4.5 doctor image downloaded from Verizon, it always fails at 64% when it gets to the modem flashing part. Any explanation for this? I will periodically see a "Unable to establish a data connection (67)" message, and if I run quick test get "20 Modem" every time.

    edit: have a thread for this saga here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...something.html
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

    One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  2. #3962  
    I just successfully made a frankenPre 2 on Sprint from a Pre-. Thanks for all the work you guys have done, and a donation is on the way.

    One thing you might want to note in the wiki is that Ubuntu installed under WUBI sometimes only allocates itself 2GB of user space, while the metadoctor needs 10GB (according to your wiki). I had an external USB drive, but it was formated FAT32 which can't take UNIX style permissions or sym-links. Ubuntu also didn't have the correct permissions to do those actions on the windows "drive" either. So I had to shrink the partition on the USB drive, create an EXT4 partition and run the metadoctor scripts on that. If I had known about that issue during Ubuntu install, I could have forced a larger user space allocation.

    It all ran perfectly after that, though. I didn't delete my palm backup data, but my profile converted fine. Flash works well without having to apply any patches.

    I did want to mention this thread, too: proof-concept-guide-transfer-sms-webos-1-4-5-webos-2-1-a. I was able to transfer all of my SMS threads to the new database version. That was the biggest reason I hadn't done the frankenPre2 before now. That tool will be really helpful to others going through the switch from 1.4.5 to 2.1 and/or jumping from a Pre- to a Pre 3 when it comes out.
  3. link375's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #3963  
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but yes flash works on my sprint pre plus.

    The only issue I've noticed so far is I can't lower the cup frequency to 250 anymore without the phone locking up.

    That might have been discussed before.

    Other than that its running flawlessly. Thanks!

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4. #3964  
    hey .palm pre- here.I flashed my phone.
    but wasn't my first time.
    I did a git pull nd a make clobber.
    because I heard rod updated the scripts with flash nd a voice dail app from the veer?
    does the meta-doctor download again? Because mine didn't instead it was on a bunch of codes nd scripts.
    did I do it right rod?
    Last edited by jesuspantaleon1993; 06/02/2011 at 10:13 PM.
  5.    #3965  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Just tried the new test script for Verizon 2.1 preplus. installed ok but I'm still stuck on the hp boot logo loop. I was hoping the this script would clear that up but no luck. So after a complete doctoring and new profile I am still stuck at the HP logo. I guess I just brick my Pre PLus for the first time and with no Pre 3 insight I may have to bite the bullet and switch to an ifone.
    If you see a logo, the device is not bricked.

    But if you're not willing to read the wiki about how to recover it, then perhaps you should get an iPhone ...

    -- Rod
  6.    #3966  
    Quote Originally Posted by boarder1999 View Post
    I just successfully made a frankenPre 2 on Sprint from a Pre-. Thanks for all the work you guys have done, and a donation is on the way.

    One thing you might want to note in the wiki is that Ubuntu installed under WUBI sometimes only allocates itself 2GB of user space, while the metadoctor needs 10GB (according to your wiki). I had an external USB drive, but it was formated FAT32 which can't take UNIX style permissions or sym-links. Ubuntu also didn't have the correct permissions to do those actions on the windows "drive" either. So I had to shrink the partition on the USB drive, create an EXT4 partition and run the metadoctor scripts on that. If I had known about that issue during Ubuntu install, I could have forced a larger user space allocation.

    It all ran perfectly after that, though. I didn't delete my palm backup data, but my profile converted fine. Flash works well without having to apply any patches.

    I did want to mention this thread, too: http://proof-concept-guide-transfer-...-5-webos-2-1-a. I was able to transfer all of my SMS threads to the new database version. That was the biggest reason I hadn't done the frankenPre2 before now. That tool will be really helpful to others going through the switch from 1.4.5 to 2.1 and/or jumping from a Pre- to a Pre 3 when it comes out.
    The wiki is community maintained - please go and add your new information to it.

    -- Rod
  7.    #3967  
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but yes flash works on my sprint pre plus.

    The only issue I've noticed so far is I can't lower the cup frequency to 250 anymore without the phone locking up.

    That might have been discussed before.

    Other than that its running flawlessly. Thanks!
    Operation lower than 500MHz is always dicey on a Pre, and varies with different webOS versions.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/02/2011 at 07:38 PM.
  8. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #3968  
    Hey eases off the 3G my friend no iFone hear just venting my fustration at the Palm Profile setup. there is no way of skipping the profile restore unless you do a new profile. also my problem is my fault after all i patch and exp kernals all the time. I must have did some thing improper. Although I am stuck at the boot logo I do have access to the USB partition for some strange reason. This is ongoing trouble shooting and I do have two palm Pre plus (bought one for parts: camera, and cracked screen.) so me ifone I don't think so. I don't care if the pre 3 doesn't show up until Christmas I getting my pre 3!
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  9.    #3969  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Hey eases off the 3G my friend no iFone hear just venting my fustration at the Palm Profile setup. there is no way of skipping the profile restore unless you do a new profile. also my problem is my fault after all i patch and exp kernals all the time. I must have did some thing improper. Although I am stuck at the boot logo I do have access to the USB partition for some strange reason. This is ongoing trouble shooting and I do have two palm Pre plus (bought one for parts: camera, and cracked screen.) so me ifone I don't think so. I don't care if the pre 3 doesn't show up until Christmas I getting my pre 3!
    Well, if you want to debug it, do a recovery boot, reflash with the meta-doctor, and start from there with no other patching or kernels or modifications. And stop talking about it being bricked when it is not.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10.    #3970  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    Ran the test verizon 2.1.0 preplus metadoctor script after doing a fresh pull and it ran just fine. Flash works right off the bat

    My only problem is my cellular data connection... it hasn't worked for a couple months now, not amount of modem firmware fudging seems to get it right. I don't have the option enabled to bypass modem flashing in my Makefile options, yet my 2.1.0 metadoctor image always completes successfully. When I run a plain 1.4.5 doctor image downloaded from Verizon, it always fails at 64% when it gets to the modem flashing part. Any explanation for this? I will periodically see a "Unable to establish a data connection (67)" message, and if I run quick test get "20 Modem" every time.

    edit: have a thread for this saga here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...something.html
    Based on your symptoms in that thread, I'm going to discount your testing results for the meta-doctor scripts, since I believe you have a hardware problem there with your device, not a software issue.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #3971  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Well, if you want to debug it, do a recovery boot, reflash with the meta-doctor, and start from there with no other patching or kernels or modifications. And stop talking about it being bricked when it is not.

    -- Rod
    I admit bricked was a poor choice of word.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  12. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #3972  
    Pre is working again, the solution(purely speculation of course) I doctored a total of 8 times using meta-2.1, and one time using regular 1.4.5.1,and then back to 2.1. during the 1.4.5 i got back to the launcher but noticed the launcher arrow button was the only icon in the dock. I remember that I had the show agenda app patch installed and placed the app in the dock. after doctoring I believe the the launcher as looking for the app but could not find it. While in the hp logo loop i was able to connect to wsqi 4 and install the agenda patch and the loop was broken and the launcher reappeared.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1
  13.    #3973  
    Quote Originally Posted by espc31 View Post
    Pre is working again, the solution(purely speculation of course) I doctored a total of 8 times using meta-2.1, and one time using regular 1.4.5.1,and then back to 2.1. during the 1.4.5 i got back to the launcher but noticed the launcher arrow button was the only icon in the dock. I remember that I had the show agenda app patch installed and placed the app in the dock. after doctoring I believe the the launcher as looking for the app but could not find it. While in the hp logo loop i was able to connect to wsqi 4 and install the agenda patch and the loop was broken and the launcher reappeared.
    That sounds like it could be the problem.

    -- Rod
  14. #3974  
    Just a warning to those of us using 2.1 on Pre:

    My Pre died last week, the keyboard went out. Sprint couldn't fix it and sent me a replacement which arrived today. (Sprint was actually great!). When I activated the phone and logged into my profile, there was no data.

    Fighting panic, I logged into a chat on the Palm website. after an hour of exchanges, you can not go backwards in webOS. The Pre boots into 1.45, obviously, and the profile syncs no data. No apps, no contacts, nada. Kirby, the palm rep, says it will not go backwards.

    I know it was my choice to play around on the cutting edge (nice work webos internals, btw!) but it seems like a poor implementation by Palm, especially with the OS fragmentation going on right now. Contacts should be universal. Apps purchased should be universal, though I understand that 2.1 apps may not download into 1.45.

    Just another reason to not trust the 'Cloud' and back up your data. Yea, I didn't back up my contacts in a long time and I screwed myself. And I shouldn't have to repurchase all my apps, but now I do. It's all storm clouds, here!

    And if you appreciate irony, you'll love this: I declined Sprints offer to upgrade to the EVO because I was concerned about all my apps and data and just took the replacement Pre.

    Damn!

    Peter
  15. #3975  
    Quote Originally Posted by petbull View Post
    Just a warning to those of us using 2.1 on Pre:

    My Pre died last week, the keyboard went out. Sprint couldn't fix it and sent me a replacement which arrived today. (Sprint was actually great!). When I activated the phone and logged into my profile, there was no data.

    Fighting panic, I logged into a chat on the Palm website. after an hour of exchanges, you can not go backwards in webOS. The Pre boots into 1.45, obviously, and the profile syncs no data. No apps, no contacts, nada. Kirby, the palm rep, says it will not go backwards.

    I know it was my choice to play around on the cutting edge (nice work webos internals, btw!) but it seems like a poor implementation by Palm, especially with the OS fragmentation going on right now. Contacts should be universal. Apps purchased should be universal, though I understand that 2.1 apps may not download into 1.45.

    Just another reason to not trust the 'Cloud' and back up your data. Yea, I didn't back up my contacts in a long time and I screwed myself. And I shouldn't have to repurchase all my apps, but now I do. It's all storm clouds, here!

    And if you appreciate irony, you'll love this: I declined Sprints offer to upgrade to the EVO because I was concerned about all my apps and data and just took the replacement Pre.

    Damn!

    Peter
    Doctor to 2.1 and your stuff will sync :P
    And the apps, your paid ones are there, you can get them for free, you just have to look for them.
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  16. #3976  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Doctor to 2.1 and your stuff will sync :P
    And the apps, your paid ones are there, you can get them for free, you just have to look for them.
    With the app catalog still being "broke", it's doubtful many apps will come back in, paid or not. He'll probably have to use Impostah to get them to come back in and that's sketchy at best.


    M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 06/06/2011 at 05:33 PM.
  17. #3977  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Doctor to 2.1 and your stuff will sync :P
    And the apps, your paid ones are there, you can get them for free, you just have to look for them.
    Wish it were that simple. The palm guy said that would not work. I may yet give it a try, since I have nothing to lose.
  18. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #3978  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Have you tried turning off Geo Tag Photos?


    M.
    I know, Month Old Post I'm quoting here, but only thing that came up for my problem.

    How do you even turn off Geo-Tagging in 2.1? I can't find the switch in the Location Services App.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  19. #3979  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    I know, Month Old Post I'm quoting here, but only thing that came up for my problem.

    How do you even turn off Geo-Tagging in 2.1? I can't find the switch in the Location Services App.
    If the option isn't at the very bottom of "Location Services", then you don't even have GPS enabled.


    M.
  20. Kaerey's Avatar
    Posts
    539 Posts
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    #3980  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    If the option isn't at the very bottom of "Location Services", then you don't even have GPS enabled.


    M.
    I have:
    From the Preferences Menu
    Locate Me Using:
    GPS (CHECK)
    Google Services (CHECK)

    Options on the main screen:
    For Websites:
    Always Ask
    Clear My Location Data

    For Applications:
    Always Ask

    Background Data Colletion (OFF)

    And via the Advanced Systems Menu Patch, GPS is ON and my top bar is showing the GPS Icon (another patch).

    EDIT:

    NEVERMIND!!! Turned FOR APPLICATIONS: to Auto Locate and then it added the Geo-Tag Option below for applications and above Background Data Collections options. It was off.

    I went looking for this because of the camera issues, sadly GeoTagging was still off.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch

Posting Permissions