Page 198 of 217 FirstFirst ... 98148188193194195196197198199200201202203208 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
  1.    #3941  
    I've made some major internal changes to the way that the meta-doctor operates, to prepare for new features in the future.

    One of those new features is the automatic installation of flash. There is a new test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script which I would like some folks to alpha test and let me know if it works.

    There is also a new test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script which also installs flash.

    I've also added the following scripts:

    meta-sprint-pre-1.4.5.1
    meta-wr-pre-1.4.5.1
    meta-wr-preplus-1.4.5.1
    meta-wr-pixiplus-1.4.5.1

    so those who are not on Verizon can enjoy 1.4.5.1 if they prefer.

    If you test any of these and they work, please add the appropriate information to the wiki pages.

    If you see any strange behaviour from the scripts that have not changed, please let me know.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2. link375's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #3942  
    I'll test out the new sprint 2.1 script tomorrow on my pre plus. hopefully it works and I don't get "profile sign in failed" anymore.

    I'll post the results tomorrow.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3. link375's Avatar
    Posts
    109 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    #3943  
    Rod! I love you!! my sprint pre plus is finally on 2.1 with the new test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script D

    took a bit to log into my profile but its working now!!

    thank you!!
  4.    #3944  
    Quote Originally Posted by link375 View Post
    Rod! I love you!! my sprint pre plus is finally on 2.1 with the new test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script D

    took a bit to log into my profile but its working now!!

    thank you!!
    Does flash work?

    -- Rod
  5. #3945  
    Rod,

    I see you added Flash to the Sprint script and the new Palm Voice Dial....

    But when I did a git pull I did not see the test verizon version.

    FYI I also did a new git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    just to make sure it was not on my end.

    Thanks,

    Want to know if the new Palm Voice Dial from veer works well for others... I have been using it now for three weeks with no sound issues.

    Updated: Rod pushed the verizon version, thanks for updating so fast...
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/01/2011 at 08:46 PM.
  6.    #3946  
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Rod,

    I see you added Flash to the Sprint script and the new Palm Voice Dial....

    But when I did a git pull I did not see the test verizon version.

    FYI I also did a new git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git
    just to make sure it was not on my end.

    Thanks,

    Want to know if the new Palm Voice Dial from veer works well for others... I have been using it now for three weeks with no sound issues.
    Thanks, I forgot to push it. It should be there now.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  7. #3947  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've made some major internal changes to the way that the meta-doctor operates, to prepare for new features in the future.

    One of those new features is the automatic installation of flash. There is a new test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 script which I would like some folks to alpha test and let me know if it works.

    There is also a new test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script which also installs flash.

    I've also added the following scripts:

    meta-sprint-pre-1.4.5.1
    meta-wr-pre-1.4.5.1
    meta-wr-preplus-1.4.5.1
    meta-wr-pixiplus-1.4.5.1

    so those who are not on Verizon can enjoy 1.4.5.1 if they prefer.

    If you test any of these and they work, please add the appropriate information to the wiki pages.

    If you see any strange behaviour from the scripts that have not changed, please let me know.

    -- Rod
    Where can i find test-meta-verizon-preplus-2.1.0 script. I have a new unactivated phone i'd like to test before activating on verizon. thanks
  8. #3948  
    Is there a thread for meta-doctoring a Verizon Pre2 with webOS 2.0.1 to webOS 2.1 anywhere? I can't seem to find one. Everything I see is for Pre Plus to 2.1, but not for Pre2 to 2.1.

    Thanks
  9.    #3949  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Is there a thread for meta-doctoring a Verizon Pre2 with webOS 2.0.1 to webOS 2.1 anywhere? I can't seem to find one. Everything I see is for Pre Plus to 2.1, but not for Pre2 to 2.1.
    I don't think we have a script for that. Feel free to start a new thread for that topic and suggest what a script should do.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  10. #3950  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I don't think we have a script for that. Feel free to start a new thread for that topic and suggest what a script should do.

    -- Rod
    I'm sorry, i know I'm going to sound stupid, but I'm looking for a script that will install webOS 2.1 to a stock Verizon Pre 2 with stock webOS 2.0.1. I did find a thread where someone claims to have modified your Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 script to do this. Does this script look kosher to you? The post is at: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2917677

    Sorry if I sound like a confused *****, that's what I feel I am right now If I should just drop this in this thread, I will. Sorry.
  11.    #3951  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I'm sorry, i know I'm going to sound stupid, but I'm looking for a script that will install webOS 2.1 to a stock Verizon Pre 2 with stock webOS 2.0.1. I did find a thread where someone claims to have modified your Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 script to do this. Does this script look kosher to you? The post is at: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2917677

    Sorry if I sound like a confused *****, that's what I feel I am right now If I should just drop this in this thread, I will. Sorry.
    That script takes a WR 2.1.0 doctor, and inserts the Verizon CDMA firmware.

    I suspect it would give you a 9.9.9 palm profile version and it definitely would not have any Verizon carrier apps. I'm not sure that's what you are looking for.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #3952  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That script takes a WR 2.1.0 doctor, and inserts the Verizon CDMA firmware.

    I suspect it would give you a 9.9.9 palm profile version and it definitely would not have any Verizon carrier apps. I'm not sure that's what you are looking for.

    -- Rod
    OK. Thanks. I guess I'll just wait for the Pre 3 since I'm not that adventurous.
  13. #3953  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That script takes a WR 2.1.0 doctor, and inserts the Verizon CDMA firmware.

    I suspect it would give you a 9.9.9 palm profile version and it definitely would not have any Verizon carrier apps. I'm not sure that's what you are looking for.

    -- Rod
    I'm confused? Doesn't andidendel's script discussed on the 2.1 for verizon thread take a VZ Pre 2 on 2.01 to 2.1 with no problems? If so, can we get this documented on the Wiki with the other procedures?
  14.    #3954  
    Quote Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
    I'm confused? Doesn't andidendel's script discussed on the 2.1 for verizon thread take a VZ Pre 2 on 2.01 to 2.1 with no problems? If so, can we get this documented on the Wiki with the other procedures?
    Dunno - is it proven to work? Since I don't have a Verizon Pre 2 I cannot test it myself.

    Note that a wiki is intentionally editable - it is intended that those who work out how to do something add that information themselves.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #3955  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That script takes a WR 2.1.0 doctor, and inserts the Verizon CDMA firmware.

    I suspect it would give you a 9.9.9 palm profile version and it definitely would not have any Verizon carrier apps. I'm not sure that's what you are looking for.

    -- Rod
    Wait, are you saying YOUR Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 script does this behavior or the user modified one I provided a link to does this? In the thread I linked to, several people have claimed complete success using this modified script to meta-doctor a VZW Pre 2 to webOS 2.1.

    I gave the link so you could look at the script & verify it on one of the Pre 2s from the telethon.

    edit - whoops, I forgot those were GSM dev phones.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  16.    #3956  
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    Wait, are you saying YOUR Sprint Franken Verizon Pre 2 script does this behavior or the user modified one I provided a link to does this? In the thread I linked to, several people have claimed complete success using this modified script to meta-doctor a VZW Pre 2 to webOS 2.1.
    I have added this script to the meta-doctor as meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0 ...

    I am unable to test it, as I do not have a Verizon device. I still maintain that it will not have any Verizon carrier apps included with the script as-is.

    Could someone who has tested it please add the appropriate section to the wiki page ?

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 06/02/2011 at 02:17 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17. #3957  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, if there are multiple success stories, then I'll add the script as-is.

    It will be called meta-verizon-pre2-2.1.0

    -- Rod
    OK. Thanks. I was going to ask why you're still up, but forgot it's evening there

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  18. #3958  
    test-meta-sprint-pre-2.1.0 works perfect for me rod. Flash works perfect too. Thanks again for all your hard work.
  19. #3959  
    is this new script with flash a better implementation that what is being used currently? Are the changes substantial enough that if the script is proven clean that i should consider rebuilding and re dr. ?
    thanks
  20. espc31's Avatar
    Posts
    144 Posts
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    #3960  
    Just tried the new test script for Verizon 2.1 preplus. installed ok but I'm still stuck on the hp boot logo loop. I was hoping the this script would clear that up but no luck. So after a complete doctoring and new profile I am still stuck at the HP logo. I guess I just brick my Pre PLus for the first time and with no Pre 3 insight I may have to bite the bullet and switch to an ifone.
    DaVince >IIIxe > Visor Platinum+visorphone > Clie-SJ33 > Tungsten T3>Palm TX>LifeDrive(Flash)>Treo 650>Treo 700p>PalmPrePlus2.1

Posting Permissions