Page 197 of 217 FirstFirst ... 97147187192193194195196197198199200201202207 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    I'm not sure why, but I can't get Flash working on my VZW Pre 2 meta-doctored to webOS 2.1.0. It works just fine on 2.0.1 but something seems to break in the transition. I've even used Internalz to browse the flash filesystem and it all looks like it's in the right place. Following the guide to install Flash on legacy devices doesn't do any good either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Krute View Post
    Right now, only problems are with playing WAV files. Will search this thread and elsewhere for solutions.
    Aha: this might be what I need to do: "Error with audio file. If this is persistent, please contact support" message

Will try it, and report back ...

UPDATE: yep, that worked, and WAV files now play. Also: running UberKernel 18 and Govnah 0.8.3 with default Screenstate 500/1000, and all is well. Very nice transformation of Pre+.
    Last edited by Stanley Krute; 05/25/2011 at 02:49 AM. Reason: results
    im sorry if this has been asked before, as there are so many pages of discussions already.

I used virtualbox to install ubuntu 11.04 x32 on my windows 7 x64 system.

I followed instrcuctions on the wiki and get all the way to the last step when the metadoctor pop up and asked me to connect my pre.

Now, here is the problem, virtualbox can't transfer the USB connection from win 7 to ubuntu and it kept crashing the virtualbox.

My question is, since I already got the build (a jar file), can I transfer it to windows 7 system and doctor my pre from there?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    im sorry if this has been asked before, as there are so many pages of discussions already.

I used virtualbox to install ubuntu 11.04 x32 on my windows 7 x64 system.

I followed instrcuctions on the wiki and get all the way to the last step when the metadoctor pop up and asked me to connect my pre.

Now, here is the problem, virtualbox can't transfer the USB connection from win 7 to ubuntu and it kept crashing the virtualbox.

My question is, since I already got the build (a jar file), can I transfer it to windows 7 system and doctor my pre from there?

Thanks
    You could try setting up a virtual network between your computer and the VM and use WinSCP to copy the file. Or if nothing else works, upload it to mediafire or something and redownload it
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrirWolf View Post
    You could try setting up a virtual network between your computer and the VM and use WinSCP to copy the file. Or if nothing else works, upload it to mediafire or something and redownload it
    Thanks, I used teamviewer to transfer the file to my windows 7 host and doctored my pre

very nice, running on 2.x now
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I ran through the procedure last night on my Sprint Pre Plus and after several attempt to get it to log into its palm profile it worked and I rejoyced. Thank you greatly. I am however sufferening from no audio with my music apps as mentioned in the tutorial, but when I hit the check for system updates, it just spins and spins and spins. I'm searching through this thread for answers but any hints on how to get my audio working will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Edit: I searched the thread for: audio, ota, sound, music and for the most part it looks like the issue has occured a bunch but I didn't see an apparent solution. Tonight I'll try re-doctoring to 2.1 and see if the no sound and no ota update issues repeat themselves.
    ...any one know another thing to try first?
    Last edited by mjsmiley; 05/26/2011 at 09:02 AM.
    I have just recently doctored my Verizon Pre Plus to WebOS 2.1. Now I am unable to access my Yahoo email account. I have searched the forums, Google and Bing but have yet to find a solution. The error I keep getting is:

Unspecified error 1299 - Cookies got from server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commands/AuthYahoo Command.cpp:182

Has anyone encountered this error? How do I fix my email? Yahoo.com is my default email and also the only account I have linked.
    Quote Originally Posted by completethought View Post
    I have just recently doctored my Verizon Pre Plus to WebOS 2.1. Now I am unable to access my Yahoo email account. I have searched the forums, Google and Bing but have yet to find a solution. The error I keep getting is:

Unspecified error 1299 - Cookies got from server are empty. Invalid credentials. (MojErr 3) -- src/commands/AuthYahoo Command.cpp:182

Has anyone encountered this error? How do I fix my email? Yahoo.com is my default email and also the only account I have linked.
    Have you tried deleting the account and re-adding it?

M.
    I recently downgraded from a Pre 2 to a meta-doctored Pre Plus on AT&T with 2.1.0. The Pre 2 was already gone so I was unable to delete the Palm backup on that profile before the meta-doctoring process.

After completing the meta-doctor process on the Pre Plus and logging into the same profile that was used on the Pre 2 with 2.1.0, I was able to utilize Impostah to successfully download paid 2.x apps that were previously purchased with the Pre 2. These paid 2.x apps were not available from the Palm app catalog.

Interestingly, the 2.x Exhibition-compatible apps that I had previously purchased were available for successful download from within the Exhibition app's "Find More..." feature, which I assume was a notable exception to the lack of app catalog availability.
    Last edited by Yellowhammer; 05/27/2011 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Have you tried deleting the account and re-adding it?

M.
    Yes I have. I am unable to delete the account. I am going to attempt to add a second email account, make the new account my default email then see if I can delete my Yahoo account and re-add it.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    To follow up with my previous issues: (Sprint Pre Plus, post WebOS2 update: flakey voice dialing, faulty audio issues, and no OTA to correct as vaguely mentioned in tutorial)...
    A) I redocotred with the meta doctor using the extra two steps with clobber, the phone found my palm profile the first time this go round. But no OTA update (I'm now assuming that line in the tutorial was for pre2's only) and I tested out voice dialing, and it worked the first time (like last time) and music apps still work, I guess time will tell on if it stays working.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am going through the process to upgrade my Verizon Pre plus and am stuck on the Palm SDK install. As a Linux newbie, I have Ubuntu installed, but the "deb" command listed on Palm's page brings up "no command 'deb' found" - is the documentation outdated for version 11 or am I missing something to install the SDK?
    Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    in addition to Ubuntu, I also have the meta-doctor and Java installed...it's just the SDK that's giving me problems.
    I just doctored my AT&T Pre a few days ago, and everything went well. I don't have any previous experience with Linux. Also got flash running with the help of the Adding flash support wiki. 2.1 is running really well with my device overclocked at 1GHz. It is more pleasant to use than 1.4.5... scrolling is smoother and more responsive, and it seems to run better in general. I recommend doing the upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by showie View Post
    I am going through the process to upgrade my Verizon Pre plus and am stuck on the Palm SDK install. As a Linux newbie, I have Ubuntu installed, but the "deb" command listed on Palm's page brings up "no command 'deb' found" - is the documentation outdated for version 11 or am I missing something to install the SDK?
    Thanks in advance!
    I got the same response when I did this a few days ago. Since the wiki says that the palm SDK isn't strictly required, I just downloaded the novacom software using the link in step 3 of the linux section of the metadoctor wiki (Application:MetaDoctor - WebOS Internals). Everything worked fine just using that.
    Quote Originally Posted by completethought View Post
    Yes I have. I am unable to delete the account. I am going to attempt to add a second email account, make the new account my default email then see if I can delete my Yahoo account and re-add it.
    I have still had no luck accessing my Yahoo email account. I tried re-doctoring to 1.4.5 and than upgrading again. I have tried full reset.... nothing seems to work.

Can anyone help with this error?

I have tried logging into my yahoo mail account settings and deleting app permission.
    I'm having problems too. All my accounts, across the board are ****ed.

Bookmarks don't show up, even after erasing them and adding more.

Can't log into Google Chat, I get an Unknown error message

Google calendar is not showing up.

Contacts don't show up.

In fact, all my accounts aren't showing up sometimes, even email. Email shows no folders, but the account names.

Annoying... I wish I hadn't upgraded to 2.1
    Last edited by musicguy; 05/28/2011 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by musicguy View Post
    I'm having problems too. All my accounts, across the board are ****ed.

Bookmarks don't show up, even after erasing them and adding more.

Can't log into Google Chat, I get an Unknown error message

Google calendar is not showing up.

Contacts don't show up.

In fact, all my accounts aren't showing up sometimes, even email. Email shows no folders, but the account names.

Annoying... I wish I hadn't upgraded to 2.1
    Fixed some of the problems by resetting my backup. Still waiting for Google Calendar and Contacts to Sync up.

EDIT: Deleted google account and logged in again. Google Calendar synced up perfectly. Still no contacts.

EDIT 2: Got back contacts, but browsers messed up now... This sucks. I don't think Pre minus can handle WebOS 2.1, even when OC'd to 1ghz. So buggy...

EDIT 3: Screw this... going back to 1.4.5. I can't deal with this. Too bad it didn't work.
    Last edited by musicguy; 05/29/2011 at 01:57 AM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    for your SDK problems- "sudo add-apt-repository deb ...." (w/o the " and ....)
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I upgraded my Att pre+ yesterday, and it works perfectly, except that my exchange stuff isn't working... no contacts, calendar, email, etc. I can send/add new stuff (email, events, etc.) but it isn't downloading anything. Anyone got a fix for this?
    can i do webos2 upgrade directly from a new, unactivated, verizon pre plus?