Page 195 of 217 FirstFirst ... 95145185190191192193194195196197198199200205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 4324
Like Tree19Likes
    If one created or upgraded a profile and purchased 2.x apps with a Pre 2 on AT&T, would the 2.x apps be available if the same profile was used with an AT&T Pre Plus running 2.1?
    Quote Originally Posted by BeKindRewind View Post
    Ack! So frustrated by the 1.4.5 version restriction on AT&T! Love my Pre+. Love 2.1. Love a lot of 2.0+ only apps.

You'd think HP would be all about excepting money to fill their own coffers and keep developers fed.
    It's possible to get free AT&T apps via Impostah. For paid ones, there are other methods. Not necessarily illegal ones, at that. I obtained multiple 2.0-only paid apps on my AT&T Pre+ by emailing the developers and promising to leave good reviews (which I have done).
    Quote Originally Posted by BeKindRewind View Post
    Ack! So frustrated by the 1.4.5 version restriction on AT&T! Love my Pre+. Love 2.1. Love a lot of 2.0+ only apps.

You'd think HP would be all about excepting money to fill their own coffers and keep developers fed.
    Since the Veer is launching on AT&T, would it be possible for a Pre+ to masquerade as a Veer in order to download 2.1 apps? Or would that screw up other stuff because of the smaller screen?
    An analog guy stuck in a digital world.
    question!!! (wbui/ubuntu version 11.04) once i doctored my pre minus(sprint) and everything checks out! how do i run the doctor again! i have a noob of a brother and im trying to help him out!
    Quote Originally Posted by bawsepre17 View Post
    question!!! (wbui/ubuntu version 11.04) once i doctored my pre minus(sprint) and everything checks out! how do i run the doctor again! i have a noob of a brother and im trying to help him out!
    You can simply just run the created .jar again.

And before you ask "Where is it?": the location is displayed in the terminal you created it in.

M.
    awww darn it! terminal totally closed!? so i guess im up the creek without a paddle huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by bawsepre17 View Post
    awww darn it! terminal totally closed!? so i guess im up the creek without a paddle huh?
    right click on jar file and open properties. Then check the box to run it as an application. Then when you click on jar file it will open up to the doctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janke View Post
    right click on jar file and open properties. Then check the box to run it as an application. Then when you click on jar file it will open up to the doctor.
    He's waiting for someone to tell him where it is now that he's closed GTerm rather than read the documentation.

M.
    Should the system & app updates work ok after the webOS upgrade?
    Thanks
    Vas
    Thanks
    Vas
    Quote Originally Posted by VasTheGreek View Post
    Thanks
    Vas
    OTA System Updates are disabled. Everything else is fine depending on your carrier.

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    OTA System Updates are disabled. Everything else is fine depending on your carrier.

M.
    So I assume when the next update is out we would have to recompile a new Doctor right?

Cheers
    Vas
  13.    #3893  
    So I assume when the next update is out we would have to recompile a new Doctor right?

Cheers
    Vas
    You're expecting another update for the Pre/Pre+ ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals

Cheers
    Vas

The chance of any future update being able to run on our cast-aside devices is roughly the same chance of me scoring Olivia Wilde.

M.
    I have an original Sprint Palm Pre- and I'm trying to upgrade to 2.1 right now, but I'm having a problem setting up MetaDoctor. I was able to do everything successfully right up until step 4 under the Linux subheading on the MetaDoctor set-up page. When I type git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git into the Terminal it gives me this error message:
    Cloning into meta-doctor...
    git.webos-internals.org[0: 140.211.169.177]: errno=Connection refused
    fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with getting past this error. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orkavic View Post
    I have an original Sprint Palm Pre- and I'm trying to upgrade to 2.1 right now, but I'm having a problem setting up MetaDoctor. I was able to do everything successfully right up until step 4 under the Linux subheading on the MetaDoctor set-up page. When I type git clone git://git.webos-internals.org/tools/meta-doctor.git into the Terminal it gives me this error message:
    Cloning into meta-doctor...
    git.webos-internals.org[0: 140.211.169.177]: errno=Connection refused
    fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)

I would really appreciate if someone could help me with getting past this error. Thanks!
    Are you behind a restrictive firewall? Git uses TCP port 9418 and it can be closed on many corporate firewalls.

Of course, it could just be that the webos internals server have some kind of problem

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Honestly, I'm doing this on my home computer. Unless there is a restrictive firewall that is built into Ubuntu then there is none activated. I am not too familiar with this OS, is there a way to make sure that TCP port 9418 is open?
    Honestly, I'm doing this on my home computer. Unless there is a restrictive firewall that is built into Ubuntu then there is none activated. I am not too familiar with this OS, is there a way to make sure that TCP port 9418 is open?
    No, for outgoing connections it's not closed. Perhaps you have some problem with your router, I've just tried to connect here and I managed to do it.

Are you using WiFi to connect to internet on your machine? Can you try using a network cable? (of course, if your router supports this option). Also, if you open a web browser, can you browse the internet?

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    My computer is connected with a network cable to my University's Internet. Maybe that's the problem? I have connected to MetaDoctor before on my University internet and didn't have a problem then.. Weird. I'm just cursed.
    My computer is connected with a network cable to my University's Internet. Maybe that's the problem? I have connected to MetaDoctor before on my University internet and didn't have a problem then.. Weird. I'm just cursed.
    Well, it could be, some universities have restrictive firewalls.

You might try later to see if it's schedule based, or we could find a way to download the entire meta doctor tree (but that would be tomorrow unless someone else knows how to do it, I'm about to go to sleep)